Here would be the ultimate Final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Here would be the ultimate Final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:36 am

Check this tournament out = all series best of 7 except for the play in games. I have 2 Lakers teams but they were different cores. I went all different core teams per franchises: This is all fiction but fun stuff.
#1 1987 Lakers
#8 ?

#4 2001 Lakers
#5 2017 Warriors

#2 1996 Bulls
#7 1989 Pistons

#3 1986 Celtics
#6 1983 Sixers

Play in games for the 8 seed: 1 game only,
2007 Spurs vs 2013 Heat = the winner of that gets the winner of the 1995 Rockets vs 2011 Mavericks
-1 of these 4 teams will be the 8 seed.

All games played in Indiana, why because it is a neutral site and a great arena. I am treating this like a college tourney and fair where there is no true HCA.

Ok I am bored today but this would be fun as heck to watch the outcome of this on a computer simulation. Stay healthy and be well Brethren.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Mon May 18, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:17 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Check this tournament out = all series best of 7 except for the play in games. I have 2 Lakers teams but they were different cores. I went all different core teams per franchises:
#1 1987 Lakers
#8 ?

#4 2001 Lakers
#5 2017 Warriors

#2 1996 Bulls
#7 1989 Pistons

#3 1986 Celtics
#6 1983 Sixers

Play in games for the 8 seed: 1 game only,
2007 Spurs vs 2013 Heat = the winner of that gets the winner of the 1995 Rockets vs 2011 Mavericks
-1 of these 4 teams will be the 8 seed.

All games played in Indiana, why because it is a neutral site and a great arena. I am treating this like a college tourney and fair where there is no true HCA.

Ok I am bored today but this would be fun as heck to watch the outcome of this on a computer simulation. Stay healthy and be well Brethren.


The 2013 Heat beat the 2007 Spurs to advance 105-103, that could be considered an upset but the combo of LeBron and Wade prevail's barely. The 1995 Rockets beat the 2011 Mavs 101-98. Hakeem was too much in the end. They matched the Mavs in 3's with their guards. So the play in spot for the #8 seed comes down to the 2013 Heat vs the 1995 Rockets.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Wed May 06, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:28 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Check this tournament out = all series best of 7 except for the play in games. I have 2 Lakers teams but they were different cores. I went all different core teams per franchises:
#1 1987 Lakers
#8 ?

#4 2001 Lakers
#5 2017 Warriors

#2 1996 Bulls
#7 1989 Pistons

#3 1986 Celtics
#6 1983 Sixers

Play in games for the 8 seed: 1 game only,
2007 Spurs vs 2013 Heat = the winner of that gets the winner of the 1995 Rockets vs 2011 Mavericks
-1 of these 4 teams will be the 8 seed.

All games played in Indiana, why because it is a neutral site and a great arena. I am treating this like a college tourney and fair where there is no true HCA.

Ok I am bored today but this would be fun as heck to watch the outcome of this on a computer simulation. Stay healthy and be well Brethren.


The 2013 Heat beat the 2007 Spurs to advance 105-103, that could be considered an upset but the combo of LeBron and Wade prevail's barely. The 1995 Rockets beat the 2011 Mavs 101-98. Hakeem was too much in the end. They matched the Mavs in 3's with their guards. So the play in spot for the #8 seed comes down to the 2013 Heat vs the 1995 Rockets.


The 2013 Heat prevail over the 1995 Rockets 102-100. LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Allen pull it out once again. So the 8 seeds are set now! The 2013 Heat squeak in as an 8 seed among the greatest teams since the merger in 1977.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Wed May 06, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:32 pm

Here will be the final matchups, all best of 7:

#1 1987 Lakers
#8 2013 Heat

#4 2001 Lakers
#5 2017 Warriors

#2 1996 Bulls
#7 1989 Pistons

#3 1986 Celtics
#6 1983 Sixers
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:17 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Here will be the final matchups, all best of 7:

#1 1987 Lakers
#8 2013 Heat

#4 2001 Lakers
#5 2017 Warriors

#2 1996 Bulls
#7 1989 Pistons

#3 1986 Celtics
#6 1983 Sixers


Game 1's are complete in the upper bracket:
The 2013 Heat upset the 1987 Lakers in Game 1 108-100 to go up 1-0 in the series. The #1 seed came out flat early and the Heat played a perfect game.
-Magic commented (fiction) in the locker room - we just didn't have it today. Kareem commented (fiction)- I felt my age a little today but we will bounce back as they have to beat us 4 times. LeBron James had a huge game with 33 Points, 10 Assists, 7 Rebounds. Ray Allen was the key where he hit 5 3's. 2013 Heat lead series 1-0.

The 2001 Lakers win Game 1 over the 2017 Warriors. Kobe Bryant hits the game winner at the buzzer. Lakers pulled off a 107-106 win. Shaq led the Lakers with 35 Points, Kobe scored 30 Points and hit the game winner. Curry and Durant both scored 30 Points a piece but Klay Thompson had an off game only shooting 2-8 from 3. After the game Draymond Green commented (fiction) - we let one fucking get away, you can't let Kobe get the ball in that situation. Shaq commented (fiction)- that is why I love my little brother, he always comes through when it counts. 2001 Lakers lead series 1-0.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Game 1's lower bracket:

The 1989 Pistons just beat Jordan up in Game 1. The 1996 Bulls actually lost Game 1. Jordan still scored 30 but he was just getting hammered trying to drive to the hoop. He only shot 11-27 from the field, made only 1 3, and was 7-8 from the line. Pistons get Game 1 92-89 in a close one. Laimbeer is facing a suspension because of his Flagrant foul on Jordan late in the 4th Qtr. Joe Dumars led the way with 25 points for the Pistons and off the bench Vinnie Johnson was the Microwave with 15 points. It was a defensive battle. The 1989 Pistons lead series 1-0

The 1986 Celtics handled their business against the 1983 Sixers 103-96! The Celtics frontline was just too much for the Sixers, Larry Bird scores 28 points to lead the Celtics. After the game Moses Malone commented (fiction) - I have never faced a frontline like that before. The 1986 Celtics lead series 1-0.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:04 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Game 1's lower bracket:

The 1989 Pistons just beat Jordan up in Game 1. The 1996 Bulls actually lost Game 1. Jordan still scored 30 but he was just getting hammered trying to drive to the hoop. He only shot 11-27 from the field, made only 1 3, and was 7-8 from the line. Pistons get Game 1 92-89 in a close one. Laimbeer is facing a suspension because of his Flagrant foul on Jordan late in the 4th Qtr. Joe Dumars led the way with 25 points for the Pistons and off the bench Vinnie Johnson was the Microwave with 15 points. It was a defensive battle. The 1989 Pistons lead series 1-0

The 1986 Celtics handled their business against the 1983 Sixers 103-96! The Celtics frontline was just too much for the Sixers, Larry Bird scores 28 points to lead the Celtics. After the game Moses Malone commented (fiction) - I have never faced a frontline like that before. The 1986 Celtics lead series 1-0.


Game 2 of the 1987 Lakers vs the 2013 Heat is now completed in the upper brackett. The 1987 Lakers prove why they are the #1 seed, their fast break was a thing of beauty. The Lakers rolled 111-98 to even the series at 1-1. Magic Johnson dished out 14 Assists and scored 20 Points, Kareem added 20 Points as well. James Worthy was the man though with 30 Points and 10 Rebounds. The 2013 Heat had no answer for Worthy. Magic Johnson commented (fiction) - We lost game 1 so this was a must win, we had to be Smokey the Bear and put fire out, saying grinning and smiling. LeBron James commented (fiction) - they proved why they are #1 seed, we had no answer for Worthy. Series tied 1-1.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Game 2's in the upper bracket is now complete:

The 2017 Warriors defeat the 2001 Lakers 117-109 to even the series. Kevin Durant had 41 Points which is the most Points by anyone scored in one game in this tourney. Kobe did score 36 and Shaq scored 32 but the Warriors were deadly from 3. Curry made 6 3's and scored 31, Thompson made 5 3's, and Durant hit a modest 3 3's but was just deadly period. Series tied 1-1.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Sun May 03, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:45 pm

Game 2's in the lower bracket are complete:

The 1996 Bulls defeat the 1989 Pistons to even the series. Michael Jordan scored 50 Points as the Bulls rolled 103-93. Michael's 50 is now the highest total scored in this tourney. The 96 Rodman outplayed the 89 Rodman :roflmao: and Pippen was a defensive beast. Laimbeer played despite fearing a suspension. Jordan commented (fiction) - the Pistons are physical so I just had to out physical them. Series tied 1-1.

The 1986 Celtics defeat the 1983 Sixers again 101-100 on a Larry Bird 3 at the buzzer. Doctor J commented (fiction) - unreal, down 0-2 is a huge hole but we are still in this. The 1986 Celtics lead series 2-0.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Fri May 15, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:52 pm

So far I have:

The #1 1987 Lakers vs the #8 2013 Heat at 1-1
The #4 2001 Lakers vs the #5 2017 Warriors at 1-1

The #2 1996 Bulls vs the #7 1989 Pistons at 1-1
The #3 1986 Celtics vs the #6 1983 Sixers, Celtics lead 2-0

Game 3's are typically huge, the winner of those games when the series is tied 1-1 win 77% of all series. We have 3 series like that.

The 1987 Lakers just beat the 2013 Heat 107-104. Magic Johnson led the way with 24 Points, 10 Assists, 7 Rebounds. Kareem chipped in with 19 Points, Worthy 18 Points, but Cooper's 9 4th qtr Points was a huge key to victory. Coop also was put on LeBron defensively late which was key. LeBron's last desperate 3 fell short to try and tie the game. LeBron commented after the game (fiction) - this is a game that could've went either way, Cooper gave me problems but I just missed shots. Magic was all smiles and commented (fiction) - the pressure is on them now, we got the one we needed. Wade had a good game scoring 22 Points but it just wasn't enough. The 1987 Lakers lead series 2-1.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Wed May 06, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 05, 2020 9:51 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:So far I have:

The #1 1987 Lakers vs the #8 2013 Heat at 1-1
The #4 2001 Lakers vs the #5 2017 Warriors at 1-1

The #2 1996 Bulls vs the #7 1989 Pistons at 1-1
The #3 1986 Celtics vs the #6 1983 Sixers, Celtics lead 2-0

Game 3's are typically huge, the winner of those games when the series is tied 1-1 win 77% of all series. We have 3 series like that.

The 1987 Lakers just beat the 2013 Heat 107-104. Magic Johnson led the way with 24 Points, 10 Assists, 7 Rebounds. Kareem chipped in with 19 Points, Worthy 18 Points, but Cooper's 9 4th qtr Points was a huge key to victory. Coop also was put on LeBron defensively late which was key. LeBron's last desperate 3 fell short to try and tie the game. LeBron commented after the game (fiction) - this is a game that could've went either way, Cooper gave me problems but I just missed shots. Magic was all smiles and commented (fiction) - the pressure is on them now, we got the one we needed. Wade had a good game scoring 22 Points but it just wasn't enough. The 1987 Lakers lead series 2-1


Game 3 of the 2001 Lakers vs the 2017 Warriors is now complete as well. The 2001 Lakers pull off another close one as they did in Game 1. This time the score was 110-108. Robert Horry hit a 3 with 5 seconds left to put the 2001 Lakers on top, the 2017 Warriors failed to answer when Draymond Green missed layup due to Shaq altering his shot. Kobe Bryant led the way with 43 Points, Shaq scored 34 Points. Durant scored 37 for the 2017 Warriors and Curry added 32. After the game, Curry commented (fiction) - We could, should be up 3-0 in this series, it is very disappointing to be down 2-1.The 2001 Lakers lead series 2-1.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Wed May 06, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Game 3 of the 1996 Bulls vs the 1989 Pistons was a slugfest. With the series tied 1-1, crucial Game 3 didn't disappoint. Both teams went back and forth all game, no lead being more than 5 by either team. Jordan led the way for the 1996 Bulls with 38 tough Points. Isiah had 32 Points for the 1989 Pistons. In the end it was too much Jordan though. Bulls win 96-92. Michael Jordan commented (Fiction) - It is a nice feeling to be in the driver seat up 2-1 but it is far from over. The 1996 Bulls lead series 2-1.

In a must win Game 3 for the 1983 Sixers being down 0-2, they responded by taking down the 1986 Celtics 105-99. Larry Bird had an off night only scoring 17 Points. Moses Malone was a monster with 33 Points and 18 Rebounds! The 1986 Celtics now lead series 2-1.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:49 am

Game 4's were all crucial for the teams down 2-1. The 2013 Heat defeated the 1987 Lakers 106-103 in a bounce back game to even the series at 2-2. Dwyane Wade had his best game of the series with 35 Points. Series tied at 2-2.

The 2017 Warriors beat the 2001 Lakers as well by nailing 17 3's as a team 115-103. Curry scored 33 Points, Durant scored 28 Points, and Thompson chipped in with 23 Points for the 2017 Warriors. The 2001 Lakers looked lethargic in this one after grinding out a Game 3 win. Series is tied at 2-2.

The 1996 Bulls gain total command of their series by defeating the 1989 Pistons 102-96. After Game 1 the 1996 Bulls have them figured out and the Pistons have yet to score 100 or more Points in this series. Michael Jordan didn't have a huge game, only 27 Points but Scottie Pippen and Toni Kukoc each had 18 Points to help. The 1996 Bulls lead series 3-1.

The 1983 Sixers have also discovered different ways to score inside against the great line of the 1986 Celtics. They have came back from an 0-2 deficit to tie the series at 2-2. Andrew Toney scored 20 Points opening things up inside. Moses Malone had another huge game with 30 Points and 13 Rebounds but the Doctor finally showed up with 21 Points of his own, Sixers win 100-95. Series tied at 2-2.

As it stands now:
#1 1987 Lakers vs #8 2013 Heat = tied at 2-2
#4 2001 Lakers vs #5 2017 Warriors = tied at 2-2

#2 1996 Bulls vs #7 1989 Pistons = Bulls lead 3-1
#3 1986 Celtics vs #6 1983 Sixers = tied at 2-2
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:14 pm

Game 5's are in for all teams:

The 1987 Lakers defeated the 2013 Heat in a classic. Magic Johnson hit a game winning hook shot with 1 second left to give the Lakers a 100-99 win. The 1987 Lakers lead series 3-2.

The 2001 Lakers defeated the 2017 Warriors 108-104. Shaq led the way with 40 Points, Warriors tried the hack-a-shaq but Shaq hit 10 of his 16 FT's. The 2001 Lakers lead series 3-2.

The 1989 Pistons showed toughness as they beat the 1996 Bulls in Game 5 100-93. This is the first game the 1989 Pistons reached 100 Points. Joe Dumars was on fire and scored 33 Points. The 1996 Bulls came out flat being up 3-1, the 1989 Pistons were playing for their lives. The 1996 Bulls still lead series 3-2.

The 1986 Celtics defeated the 1983 Sixers 105-101. The Celtics rebounded after losing 2 straight, Larry Bird and Kevin McHale both stepped up with 26 Points a piece. The 1986 Celtics lead series 3-2.

Teams that lead series 3-2 win 85% of the time.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Here would be the ultimate final 8 since 1977 post ABA

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:35 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Game 5's are in for all teams:

The 1987 Lakers defeated the 2013 Heat in a classic. Magic Johnson hit a game winning hook shot with 1 second left to give the Lakers a 100-99 win. The 1987 Lakers lead series 3-2.

The 2001 Lakers defeated the 2017 Warriors 108-104. Shaq led the way with 40 Points, Warriors tried the hack-a-shaq but Shaq hit 10 of his 16 FT's. The 2001 Lakers lead series 3-2.

The 1989 Pistons showed toughness as they beat the 1996 Bulls in Game 5 100-93. This is the first game the 1989 Pistons reached 100 Points. Joe Dumars was on fire and scored 33 Points. The 1996 Bulls came out flat being up 3-1, the 1989 Pistons were playing for their lives. The 1996 Bulls still lead series 3-2.

The 1986 Celtics defeated the 1983 Sixers 105-101. The Celtics rebounded after losing 2 straight, Larry Bird and Kevin McHale both stepped up with 26 Points a piece. The 1986 Celtics lead series 3-2.


Teams that lead series 3-2 win 85% of the time.


Game 6's are in folks!

The 1987 Lakers eliminate a tough gritty team in the 2013 Heat 104-102. Lakers win the series but it wasn't easy. The 1987 Lakers win the series 4-2.

The 2017 Warriors defeat the 2001 Lakers 110-101 to even the series at 3-3. Series tied 3-3. Hey we have a Game 7 :bart:

The 1996 Bulls close out their series by defeating the 1989 Pistons 105-90. The 1989 Pistons were just worn out at this point. The 1996 Bulls win the series 4-2.

Guess what folks, we have another Game 7 HEEHAW! The 1983 Sixers pulled out a win over the 1986 Celtics 103-102 on a late Maurice Cheeks basket. I guess that is why that song by the Steve Miller Band calls him Maurice lol. Series tied at 3-3.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Next

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

cron