Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:20 am

(44-12) LAKERS AT WARRIORS (12-46)

Thursday, February 27, 2020, 7:30 PM PDT
Chase Center • San Francisco, CA

Referees: Ken Mauer (#41), Tyler Ford (#39), Marat Kogut (#32)

Replay Center: Bill Kennedy, Brett Nansel

Line: Lakers -9.5

National TV: TNT
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

Image

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT WARRIORS


by NBA.com

Two teams moving at full speed, but in different directions, cross paths Thursday night when the surging Los Angeles Lakers visit the plodding Golden State Warriors.

In a matchup of the Western Conference's best and worst teams, the Lakers will take the court riding the momentum of a six-game winning streak, while the Warriors will be attempting to end a seven-game losing skid.

The downside for the Lakers is that they will be without the services of LeBron James, who is nursing a sore left groin. Los Angeles forward Anthony Davis is listed as probable despite a sore left elbow.

Last season, James sustained a left groin tear during a Christmas Day game against the Warriors, and he missed 17 games.

The Lakers haven't won a season series from their Northern California rivals since 2012-13, but they have a chance to clinch this year's four-game set after having won 120-94 at home in November and 125-120 in San Francisco earlier this month.

Davis, who sat out the first head-to-head, contributed 27 points and 10 rebounds to Los Angeles' road win 19 days ago in his first San Francisco Bay Area regular-season game as a member of the Lakers.

James also recorded a double-double (22 points, 11 assists) in the win, giving him two in as many games against the Warriors this season.

James exploded for 40 points in Zion Williamson's first-ever NBA game in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, and the Lakers beat the New Orleans Pelicans 118-109.

"We love when he's aggressive," Davis assured reporters after the game, referring to his fired-up superstar teammate. "One, he's able to score at will. Two, he's a willing passer and it's our job to make shots for him. We feel good when he kicks it to us, and we're able to make shots. Because we know it's just going to open it up for him."

The Thursday game opens a three-game trip for the Lakers, all against teams they beat during their current winning streak. After San Francisco, they will move on to Memphis on Saturday to face the Grizzlies, whom they beat 117-105 last week, and then to New Orleans on Sunday for a rematch with Williamson and the Pelicans.

The Warriors, meanwhile, will be seeking to prevent their current losing streak from becoming their second-longest of the season. They had a 10-gamer earlier.

Another potential issue for Golden State is a possible look-ahead to the weekend, when Stephen Curry is expected to return from a hand injury suffered in the fourth game of the season.

Curry has not played a game with newcomer Andrew Wiggins, who began his Warriors career strong, but has since received the bulk of the defensive attention on his offensively challenged team.

Wiggins has been harassed into 9-for-30 shooting in Golden State's last two games, totaling just 24 points.

Golden State coach Steve Kerr left the arena after Tuesday's 112-94 loss to Sacramento looking forward to the day when he can surround his new small forward with better players.

"He knows our plays, so that's not an issue," Kerr responded to the media when asked to explain Wiggins' issues the past two games. "I think it will be a big deal when Steph comes back just so he can feel what it's like to play next to Steph and Draymond (Green) together.

"I think that's the bigger thing, playing next to the guys that will be in the lineup with him next year. I think he will fit in nicely with those guys. He's doing a good job of executing the offense, and he knows what he is doing out there. We are short-handed right now. As we get healthier, I think we will see him fit better because he'll be able to fit into his role."


https://www.nba.com/games/20200227/LALGSW#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 515 times

Re: Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:24 am

Hey guys - I basically missed the Pelicans game due to a hectic work (and play!) schedule. Caught the highlights (CARUSO!!!) and saw that we edged them late. I feel for Boogie, but the Morris pickup is huge. Vogel has the team he needs to battle anybody and get us a deep run towards our exciting goal: #17!!! I see LeBron will rest this one out, which is perfect timing vs. the worst team in the West. Of course the Warriors will bring their best effort against us, but hopefully we don't struggle to hold them off like our last meeting.

Stretch run, fellas. We've been blogging with each other since the last championship . . and we've endured the lowest points in Laker history . . now we get to witness the next chapter in the greatest franchise in all of sports. Everybody loves the Lakers now.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 392 times

Re: Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:11 am

lakerevolution wrote:Hey guys - I basically missed the Pelicans game due to a hectic work (and play!) schedule. Caught the highlights (CARUSO!!!) and saw that we edged them late. I feel for Boogie, but the Morris pickup is huge. Vogel has the team he needs to battle anybody and get us a deep run towards our exciting goal: #17!!! I see LeBron will rest this one out, which is perfect timing vs. the worst team in the West. Of course the Warriors will bring their best effort against us, but hopefully we don't struggle to hold them off like our last meeting.

Stretch run, fellas. We've been blogging with each other since the last championship . . and we've endured the lowest points in Laker history . . now we get to witness the next chapter in the greatest franchise in all of sports. Everybody loves the Lakers now.


Boogie is getting paid, rehabbing at the facilities and there's a "mutual interest" for next season, so don't feel too sorry for him!

Aren't you going tonight, Rev? if not, WHY THE FUCK NOT?!! :URnuts:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 515 times

Re: Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Trap game, no LeBron.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:33 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Trap game, no LeBron.


I was wrong, we still won by 30 without LeBron. We have a great team folks! :kingclaphands: :kingclaphands:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:40 am

Ho hum. Guess what Rondo does when he wants to? Play high level basketball. Kuz with Morris? So far, so good. The G League Dubs are no measuring stick though. Smart game for LeBron to sit. 45-12!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 515 times

Re: Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:10 am

I know Kuzma is a constant focus but imo the beauty of this year where the league is wide open is that we don’t need a big three. Lebron and AD are two transcendent players and any given night we ave 5 other players who can produce at a high level
Julius Russell
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:52 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:22 am

Julius Russell wrote:I know Kuzma is a constant focus but imo the beauty of this year where the league is wide open is that we don’t need a big three. Lebron and AD are two transcendent players and any given night we ave 5 other players who can produce at a high level


I know these are drastically different times, but this is the formula that worked for all Phil Jackson coached championship teams. Two Alphas and a bunch of role players who can produce on any given night! Watching the Lakers go from virtually worst to first is more interesting watching the Dubs go from first to worst. Obviously. Like, duh.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 515 times

Re: Game 57: 02/27/20 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:01 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:I know Kuzma is a constant focus but imo the beauty of this year where the league is wide open is that we don’t need a big three. Lebron and AD are two transcendent players and any given night we ave 5 other players who can produce at a high level


I know these are drastically different times, but this is the formula that worked for all Phil Jackson coached championship teams. Two Alphas and a bunch of role players who can produce on any given night! Watching the Lakers go from virtually worst to first is more interesting watching the Dubs go from first to worst. Obviously. Like, duh.


Dwight Howard is a huge key, he seems to be playing like 2009 Howard which is really pleasing. I tell you what is great, YOU, Rev, Craig, Jesus, Nuggs, Robert, and I all hung in there the last 6 years when we sucked still posting a bunch, now we are great again. Patience pays off and now it is Championship time Brethren! I still have your number, when we win it, I will call you before anyone, believe that :lthup:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 383 times


Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

cron