Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:31 am

(11-8) LAKERS at NUGGETS (13-7)

Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 6:00 PM PDT
Pepsi Center • Denver, CO

Referees: James Capers (#19), Tre Maddox (#73), Brett Nansel (#44)

Replay Center: Lauren Holtkamp, Eric Lewis

Line: Nuggets -4

Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet National TV: NBA TV

Image

Image

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT NUGGETS


by NBA.com

The Los Angeles Lakers stumbled out of the gate to start the LeBron James era, but they have quickly turned things around. Now they're going to one of the toughest venues in the NBA to try to regain some momentum after a disappointing 108-104 loss to the Orlando Magic.

Los Angeles (11-8) will take on the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday night, a difficult road game for most teams because of the altitude. But James has led a resurgence after a 2-5 start, giving the Lakers some confidence despite Sunday's setback to Orlando.

And they received some more good news with point guard Rajon Rondo is getting closer to returning from a broken right hand. He was cleared for non-contact basketball activities and while he is not going to play in the near future, it helps that he is making progress.

Without him L.A. has become stagnant and turnover prone. The offensive pace, one of the highest in the NBA, has slowed in the five games Rondo has missed and the Lakers have committed 41 turnovers in their last two games.

"One of our league leaders in assists has been out with a broken hand, so that has something to do with it," James told the L.A. Times when asked how the team gets back to moving the ball like it used to. "But I think we have the right intentions to go out there and share the ball, when guys are open we try to find them. Sometimes we're missing guys."

James will face a Denver team that has been good at moving the ball early in the season but has struggled with consistency in recent weeks. The Nuggets (13-7) started out 9-1 lost six of seven and have now won three straight.

Saturday's win might have been their most impressive. They beat the streaking Thunder in Oklahoma City on the second game of a back-to-back and did it without shooting guard Gary Harris. Harris left Friday's win against Orlando with left ankle soreness and was held out Saturday.

Torrey Craig started in his place and had a big game, including a game-sealing offensive rebound - his 10th rebound of the game - in the final minute. He also hounded Russell Westbrook into a 6-for-23 shooting night.

"He plays hard, man," center Mason Plumlee told the Denver Post on Saturday night. "That's something that we appreciate. He gave us a huge lift. We don't win the game without him."

Craig could get more playing time against L.A. if Harris can't go. Denver listed him as questionable after practice on Monday.

Even without Harris the Nuggets can score. Point guard Jamal Murray has bounced back with three good games after struggling for a few games. He had 22 points, eight rebounds and eight assists against Oklahoma City and will renew a budding rivalry with Lakers' point guard Lonzo Ball.

Last year L.A. took exception to Murray dribbling around Ball as the clock ran out on a Denver win. The Lakers got a measure of revenge by handing the Nuggets their first loss of the season on Oct. 25.

Tuesday could provide more fodder for a burgeoning rivalry.


http://www.nba.com/games/20181127/LALDEN#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 452 times

Re: Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:21 pm

A game I used to try to make when Kobe played........................

Holidays are here and fun time of year. Hard to know how many more there will be, so they have become more & more valuable.
Image :yeahthat:
User avatar
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin
 
Posts: 397
{ IMAGES }: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:53 am
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:43 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:A game I used to try to make when Kobe played........................

Holidays are here and fun time of year. Hard to know how many more there will be, so they have become more & more valuable.


I see you haven't bonded with LeBron and the kids quite yet. It is weird as hell, but I'm smelling something good this year. Not a chip, but a nice roll and perhaps something more than one and done in the playoffs. Stay tuned.

I hope you had a wonderful Thankgiving and that a very Merry Christmas and a really motherfucking Happy New Year are on the horizon.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 452 times

Re: Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:A game I used to try to make when Kobe played........................

Holidays are here and fun time of year. Hard to know how many more there will be, so they have become more & more valuable.


I see you haven't bonded with LeBron and the kids quite yet. It is weird as hell, but I'm smelling something good this year. Not a chip, but a nice roll and perhaps something more than one and done in the playoffs. Stay tuned.

I hope you had a wonderful Thankgiving and that a very Merry Christmas and a really motherfucking Happy New Year are on the horizon.


I still think we will win 50-52 games like I predicted at the beginning of the season. I had us winning a Playoff series as well with a possibility of even going to the WCFinals. I will still stick with that. We are a year or 2 away from winning it all IMO though. Magic needs to add 1 more impactful Free Agent to go with LeBron and keep Kuzma, BI, and Ball.

-Nuggs loved the Kobe era like I loved the Kareem/Magic era. So I understand where he's coming from. After Magic retired, it wasn't the same for me for many years. It took me a while to warm up to Shaq and Kobe to be honest. Those first years of them getting stomped in the Playoffs by the Jazz and the Spurs wasn't pretty. Once Phil took over and we started winning Championships I warmed up to them. Nuggs wants Championships so I get it. If LeBron wins one, more people will warm up to this core of players.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5451
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 794 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:03 pm

I guess flush this one :roflmao: . 5-35 from 3 = BAD! 11-9 through 20 games.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5451
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 794 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:55 pm

Unless Luke and LeBron can solve the problem of inconsistent team output and incomplete 48-minute performances, we may be looking at a first-round exit at best and a 9th seed or worse, at worst. The West is brutal, and the East aint no slouch anymore either. 45 wins looks a little ambitious right now.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1832
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 310 times

Re: Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:44 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Unless Luke and LeBron can solve the problem of inconsistent team output and incomplete 48-minute performances, we may be looking at a first-round exit at best and a 9th seed or worse, at worst. The West is brutal, and the East aint no slouch anymore either. 45 wins looks a little ambitious right now.


This team is very tough to figure out. I just figured based on having LeBron alone and BI, Ball, and Kuzma no longer being rookies and having experience would put us at 50 wins. For a couple of games we look like a 50 win team, then for couple of games we look Bad. We will see as the season goes on what happens.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5451
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 794 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:41 pm

I guess we miss Rondo. And we don't have a banger at power forward (we miss Randle). And we don't have a stretch 5 to counteract their stretch 5's (we miss Brook Lopez). And we don't have any pure shooters.

For the life of me I do not understand why we didn't lock up Randle and re-sign Brook Lopez, both of which were quite doable. Gambling on getting a Robin to play alongside Old LeBron is the equivalent of finding a superstar to play alongside Old Kobe. Good luck. The ONLY one who I can see coming is Kevin Durant because LeBron and Durant think alike both regarding new basketball situations and their business empires. But that's it. Klay, Kawhi, Butler, Kemba and any of these other stars in their primes ain't coming.

HAVING SAID THAT, I will be patient and wait until after Game 27 to hand out my First Trimester Grades. Based on what you read in the preceding paragraph, you can tell that I don't like what I am seeing.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 452 times

Re: Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:04 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:I guess we miss Rondo. And we don't have a banger at power forward (we miss Randle). And we don't have a stretch 5 to counteract their stretch 5's (we miss Brook Lopez). And we don't have any pure shooters.

For the life of me I do not understand why we didn't lock up Randle and re-sign Brook Lopez, both of which were quite doable. Gambling on getting a Robin to play alongside Old LeBron is the equivalent of finding a superstar to play alongside Old Kobe. Good luck. The ONLY one who I can see coming is Kevin Durant because LeBron and Durant think alike both regarding new basketball situations and their business empires. But that's it. Klay, Kawhi, Butler, Kemba and any of these other stars in their primes ain't coming.

HAVING SAID THAT, I will be patient and wait until after Game 27 to hand out my First Trimester Grades. Based on what you read in the preceding paragraph, you can tell that I don't like what I am seeing.


I can't wait to see your Trimester grades. I always look forward to them Kenny. I usually do mine in Quarters = first 20, next 21, next 20, last 21. I will defer to you and do mine as well after 27 games. I still do not have enough of a sample size to do one right now with this team. 27 games will give me more of a feel for this team. I agree with your assessment regarding LeBron's Robin, Durant may be the only one that comes but if that happens we can win the Championship. As funny as this sounds, Durant may even be the BatMan in that situation because he's much younger. I would love to sign Klay, I could even live with that as he would be a nice fit with LeBron because of his 3 point shooting and he plays pretty good Defense. Having said that I don't see him leaving the Warriors.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5451
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 794 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: Game 20: 11/27/18 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby srafrank » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:56 pm

I have 3 words for last nights game.


U :eyezonU: G :eyezonU: LY


By AnthonyIrwinLA:
As things stand, not including James, only Rondo is shooting better than 40 percent from three-point range. Josh Hart is close at 39 percent, but things get fairly " ugly " from there.
The Lakers are going to continue to trudge along, winning " ugly " or losing outright, at James’ preferred pace.
User avatar
srafrank
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:48 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times


Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron