Game 8: 10/31/18 Mavericks at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 8: 10/31/18 Mavericks at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:41 am

(2-5) MAVERICKS at LAKERS (2-5)

Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Rodney Mott (#71), Karl Lane (#77), Ray Acosta (#54)

Replay Center: Mark Ayotte, David Guthrie

Line: Lakers -6.5

Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: MAVERICKS AT LAKERS

by NBA.COM

The Los Angeles Lakers are still learning how to play with their new superstar, and they'd really like to figure out how to win the close games.

The Lakers will likely get another chance when they host the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday night at Staples Center.

Los Angeles (2-5) lost its third game by four points or fewer Monday night at the Minnesota Timberwolves. All five losses have come by single digits.

"Nobody feels sorry for us," Lakers coach Luke Walton told reporters after the 124-120 loss in Minneapolis. "It's up to us to figure it out and start winning some of these close games, and we will. I can promise you that."

The Mavericks (2-5) are also desperate for a win after dropping their past four games -- all by single digits. Dallas pushed the San Antonio Spurs to overtime Monday before losing 113-108.

"This is a group that is getting closer every game," Dallas coach Rick Carlisle told reporters after the loss. "They're fighting harder every game."

Mavericks rookie small forward Luka Doncic is off to a promising start. He's averaging 20.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 4.0 assists per game, numbers that have never been put up over a full season by a first-year NBA player.

He had a season-high 31 points and eight rebounds against San Antonio.

"He's a very good player," Carlisle said. "He certainly doesn't look surprised that this is happening."

Mavericks center DeAndre Jordan will return to Staples Center for the first time since signing with Dallas in the offseason. The two-time NBA rebounding leader played his first 10 seasons with the Los Angeles Clippers.

The Lakers are back to full strength after starting small forward Brandon Ingram completed a four-game suspension and backup point guard Rajon Rondo a three-game ban for their roles in a fight with the Houston Rockets on Oct. 20.

Ingram scored 24 points in his first game back Monday, but only seven of those came in the decisive second half. Kyle Kuzma also faded down the stretch after scoring 16 of his 19 points in the first half.

James knew he was joining a young team when he left the Cleveland Cavaliers and signed a three-year deal with the Lakers last summer, but he's ready to see some improvement.

"We talk about patience, but we can't have a recurrence of the same things," he told reporters after the loss in Minnesota. "If you're doing the same things over and over and over and expecting a different result, then that's insanity."

The Lakers haven't had two days between games since the season started, but will after hosting Dallas, and will have two more two-day breaks next week to practice their deficiencies.

The Mavericks will be playing their seventh game in 12 days Wednesday night, and play again Friday against the visiting New York Knicks before getting their first three-day gap between games since the first two contests of the season.

"We're in the middle of just a grind week with all this travel," Carlisle said.

http://www.nba.com/games/20181031/DALLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 8: 10/31/18 Mavericks at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am

Michael Beasley will still be with his family.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:57 pm

This should definitely be a win. If we don't win this game then we do have problems. The Mavs stink!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:15 pm

Moe Wagner = blowout victory.

We should win this by 7-12 points, unless we shoot like crap and let their studs go off. Who does that? We have to be better than the Clippers, Kings and Suns, at least. This is going to be a continued exercise in patience for the first trimester. Luke is in Tyronn Lue mode now :sos:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:20 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Moe Wagner = blowout victory.

We should win this by 7-12 points, unless we shoot like crap and let their studs go off. Who does that? We have to be better than the Clippers, Kings and Suns, at least. This is going to be a continued exercise in patience for the first trimester. Luke is in Tyronn Lue mode now :sos:

Yep. Sammy is representing, so I feel good about it.
KobeMVP888

Postby Nycitylaker » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:47 pm

Nice start. Happy Halloween peeps!
Nycitylaker

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:23 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:Nice start. Happy Halloween peeps!

Likewise, Jesus! I was concerned about the small second unit and sure enough it's a 4 point game.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:59 pm

Lakers up 66-59 at the Half. Took our foot off the gas pedal a bit in the 2nd Qtr and gave up 38 points in that Qtr. Kuzma leads the Lakers in scoring with 13.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:29 pm

Very Good 3rd Qtr. Love the Defense holding them to 22. 94-81 Lakers after the 3rd. LeBron had a big Qtr scoring wise. Win #3 almost in the bag. Kuzma has 15 so far and Ball has had a nice game with 11 and 3-3 on the 3's.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:03 pm

Lakers win, not without giving everyone a stomach ache first. Jeez, nothing comes easy with this team! LeBron wins game with a FT 114-113. It's good to get a win no matter the opponent. Now 3-5 on the season. Lets keep it going Lakers! :punkincarv: "lol4:
3Peatkb24

Postby Nycitylaker » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:04 pm

The Lakers are never out of a game.......and neither is there opponent
Nycitylaker

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:37 am

Nycitylaker wrote:The Lakers are never out of a game.......and neither is their opponent

Growing pains. Playoffs? Right now that seems like a prayer, although many LeBron teams have been mediocre until they figure it out. Paul George remains a stupid pussy. Letting Julius Randle walk seems even stupider.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:30 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
Nycitylaker wrote:The Lakers are never out of a game.......and neither is their opponent

Growing pains. Playoffs? Right now that seems like a prayer, although many LeBron teams have been mediocre until they figure it out. Paul George remains a stupid pussy. Letting Julius Randle walk seems even stupider.

"Paul George remains a stupid pussy" - I am not sure about that, I am not sure the Lakers even tried to pursue him hard because they were 100% focused on signing LeBron. If our FO didn't want anything to do with LeBron and Magic had showed up at PG's house, PG would've signed with the Lakers IMO. I am almost sure of that. PG was like fuck it, OKC is giving me all this attention and the Lakers are up LeBron's ass and ignoring me so I will just sign with OKC. That is how I see it. I am not really even a PG fan at this point because he is no longer with the Pacers or a possible Laker but just stating how I think things went down. The Pacers actually got the better end of the PG trade. Oladipo is equal to PG but they also got Sabonis out of that deal, Sabonis had 30 Points and 10 Boards last night against the Knicks at NY. Pacers got a SuperStar too offset PG and a Good Big out of the deal. Regarding Randle, I agree that not having him part of our plans is really stupid. He would've been my 1st priority in the offseason getting him signed.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:49 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

"Paul George remains a stupid pussy" - I am not sure about that, I am not sure the Lakers even tried to pursue him hard because they were 100% focused on signing LeBron. If our FO didn't want anything to do with LeBron and Magic had showed up at PG's house, PG would've signed with the Lakers IMO. I am almost sure of that. PG was like fuck it, OKC is giving me all this attention and the Lakers are up LeBron's ass and ignoring me so I will just sign with OKC. That is how I see it. I am not really even a PG fan at this point because he is no longer with the Pacers or a possible Laker but just stating how I think things went down. The Pacers actually got the better end of the PG trade. Oladipo is equal to PG but they also got Sabonis out of that deal, Sabonis had 30 Points and 10 Boards last night against the Knicks at NY. Pacers got a SuperStar too offset PG and a Good Big out of the deal. Regarding Randle, I agree that not having him part of our plans is really stupid. He would've been my 1st priority in the offseason getting him signed.

Paul George would not even give them a meeting. They defintely wanted one. Look. Paul George is from Palmdale. Palmdale ain't LA. Palmdale is much more similar to OKC than LA. You can take the boy out of Palmdale, but you can't take the Palmdale out of the boy. The Lakers had the money to sign him and they would have if he wanted them, but Paul George pussied out because the bright lights scare him. He did NOT want to be known as Dwight Howard II either. He already fucked his Indiana teammates and the pussy was afraid to fuck his OKC teammates, particularly Russell Westbrook & Steven Adams.

HAVING SAID THAT, I am still much more pissed about letting Randle go. Ingram will be better than Paul George in a couple of seasons. Randle is unique with a high ceiling and Jeanie Buss should have got on her knees and given his his dick an unforgettable sucking and made him stay. Perhaps she didn't time her Botox treatments properly.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Whooo Ken -- so GANGSTA :uzi: !!! As for "the beatle" George/Paul/never get a Ringo :waaaaa: . . I agree though -- with a couple of maneuvers we could have 'Bron and George and be minus a couple youngsters. George would be 'Bron's Pippen and we'd be 4-4 or 5-3 now at worst. George is young and made a young decision - in what other profession do we judge a 20-something as harshly as a 40 yr. old? LeBron made his "decision" and we all chastised him for it -- he's been hated on waaaay more than Kobe. George probably realizes the opportunity lost, just like Ariza languishing for Phoenix now. Randle? Who knows. He couldn't thrive with LeBron or George, he had to move in my opinion.

We have who we have. And LeBron knows the veterans to pick up, like Korver. Players who want to play with and around him. This spring may be very interesting . . .
lakerevolution

Next

Return to LakerTalk