A look back at the history of chat

Re: A look back at the history of chat

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:27 am

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Do you talk to Lew at all anymore? I haven't been on Facebook in a while.

No and never will. I unfriended him. He's a horrible human being, a walking hypocrisy.

I rattled off a few names in my post above . . but then decided not to mention them. Fuck it! :dedhors:

Those names would be Lew, Frank (who has "friended" then blocked me on FB twice, I still see - invisibly - him going back and forth with NYC on political posts :swordfight:), Tom, Utah and KB all day who became a whiny bitch when the Lakers started playing more poorly. I forget the name of that other schmuck who joined late on the ESPN page and whose chicken little ass was a huge reason I think we all decided to call it quits over there.

Yeah, the end of the Kobe/Pau Era and the hwuyat Administration wasn't very nice to Lew, although I think it had more to do with his health issues and the real estate market crash (which of course had NOTHING to do with Dubya), but he still spouts his nonsense for me to see on NYC's posts every blue moon. Time changes us all, some for better and some for worse. So be it. Never been important enough for me to give two fucks about.

THAT BEING SAID, best of health, good fortune and LAKER HEAVEN to all TrueFans. :standingO:

Great Post! Yeah kb all day seemed like he was just a Kobe fan and not a Laker fan. A lot of people were like that though. I loved Kobe but I am fan of the team as well. I have been on Colts Boards a lot and a lot were just Peyton fans, once he left Indy a lot of fans disappeared. I liked Utah but as we started losing he became whiney almost everyday and that got old. Who can forget Clean either, my God was he a whiner! That guy was bashing the team daily. Like I said I do like some of the Posters over at Tom's, Tom is ok in my book and I like both Sean's, I like Seely as well. I forget that Posters name as well that help ruined the Hollinger's Site with his relentless negativity, now it's bugging me. He and Clean hogged that Thread with negativity.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:45 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Do you talk to Lew at all anymore? I haven't been on Facebook in a while.

No and never will. I unfriended him. He's a horrible human being, a walking hypocrisy.

I rattled off a few names in my post above . . but then decided not to mention them. Fuck it! :dedhors:

Those names would be Lew, Frank (who has "friended" then blocked me on FB twice, I still see - invisibly - him going back and forth with NYC on political posts :swordfight:), Tom, Utah and KB all day who became a whiny bitch when the Lakers started playing more poorly. I forget the name of that other schmuck who joined late on the ESPN page and whose chicken little ass was a huge reason I think we all decided to call it quits over there.

Yeah, the end of the Kobe/Pau Era and the hwuyat Administration wasn't very nice to Lew, although I think it had more to do with his health issues and the real estate market crash (which of course had NOTHING to do with Dubya), but he still spouts his nonsense for me to see on NYC's posts every blue moon. Time changes us all, some for better and some for worse. So be it. Never been important enough for me to give two fucks about.

THAT BEING SAID, best of health, good fortune and LAKER HEAVEN to all TrueFans. :standingO:

Great Post! Yeah kb all day seemed like he was just a Kobe fan and not a Laker fan. A lot of people were like that though. I loved Kobe but I am fan of the team as well. I have been on Colts Boards a lot and a lot were just Peyton fans, once he left Indy a lot of fans disappeared. I liked Utah but as we started losing he became whiney almost everyday and that got old. Who can forget Clean either, my God was he a whiner! That guy was bashing the team daily. Like I said I do like some of the Posters over at Tom's, Tom is ok in my book and I like both Sean's, I like Seely as well. I forget that Posters name as well that help ruined the Hollinger's Site with his relentless negativity, now it's bugging me. He and Clean hogged that Thread with negativity.

I still cant think of that Posters name but he was worse than Clean actually. Anyway it got to the point everytime I would log on, that dude along with Clean would have a page of bashing negative Bullshit. It wasn't even fun being in that place anymore because of 2 people, I cant believe I cant remember his name. There were some that were actually defending these 2 a lot, Utah even defended those 2. Had I been a Moderator they would've been banned because they took Trolling to a new level. Criticism is one thing but just bashing the team every 2 minutes hogging up the whole board is borderline childish and stupid.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:57 am

Wasn't his name ACEz or something? or ACE? I think it was, man he just flooded the Hollinger's Thread with negativity toward the end before we left.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:51 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I glanced over at Tom's and some of the Posters over there were showing Posts from the past and mentioning old members, which brought back great memories. I first started chatting on Laker Sites back in February of 2010 on the Hollinger's Site. So I have been at it now for 7 years. For a blast from the past here are some names that make my all-time Poster Team from 2010-present = this decade!
TrueFan1947 (Sam)
LEWSTRS
CYBERCosmiX
tate793
kb all day
PurpleNGoldinVegas (Catwoman)

*Our Posters in here now

NuggetsCountry
KobeMVP888 (Kenny)
lakerevolution (Rev)
Lakers4Life (Craig)
Nycitylaker (Jesus)
Julius Russell
kjkirby
Moos
srafrank (Frankie)
3Peatkb24 (me)

The Playoff run we had in 2010 was priceless! I got to chat with TrueFan1947 a lot, LEWSTRS, PurpleNGoldinVegas, KobeMVP888, Lakers4Life, Nycitylaker, tate793, srafrank, kb all day, and my man main lakerevolution during those times. Beating the Celtics was GREAT STUFF! Kobe for 5! Rev and I used to give the Trolls the business!

Rev, I believe that Poster who came in during the 2012 Season was AceCardZ, that sounds right for some reason. He and Clean just hogged the Hollinger's Thread with so much negativity that it made it unbearable to read without having to respond. Then it got to the point (at least for me) that it wasn't even fun being in there anymore. All the other Posters I listed above I got along really well with. I have never had any bad encounters with Frankie or Lew. kb all day is the one that told me about Hollinger's on the Laker Gameday Threads otherwise I wouldn't of known about it, then I met you shortly after and the both of you wanted me join at that point. I had no idea who Kenny or Lew were until I joined the Hollinger's Site. Everyone has their favorites and I pretty much listed mine above. Tate and I had a bunch of heated debates but to me they were fun more than were in bad taste. I got a kick out of him making fun of Indiana at times by calling it Podunk, etc.. That never really bothered me. Neither one of us ever got racial about anything or brought our families into any discussion so it was all good in my book. I actually miss him because both of us know our shit and we are both stubborn with our opinions. Jesus I really like but he is a mystery, he went from a guy that posted a lot to someone that never posts since Nuggs created this Site. I wish he would Post more but with the Lakers sucking, he like many others aren't into it. Cyber pulling his disappearing act was probably the biggest shock I have seen out of any Poster that I like that I have came across. He created a Site and ran it and just basically said, fuck it! I cant thank Nuggs enough for creating this and we have Kenny with the URL. So we are in great hands!

*I will still never forget Trolls like OkayDokay who was a Suns fan. He was on Hollinger's 24/7 during the 2010 WCFinals and he and Rev were jawing like crazy daily. DTime was another, he hated Kobe and loved LeBron. He and Kenny went at it for months during the 2010 Season. I got into with OkayDokay as well a few times, that guy lived on the Hollinger's Site during the Playoffs!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:35 am

I don't think we can completely dismiss the wonderful efforts of LEWSTRS, whose Game Day posts and extravagant list of Laker and NBA fans was the stuff of legend. I was amazed at all the folks on the Jedi Council roster, the Padawans, the On-Court Technicians, etc. That was great stuff and had probably never been done before in a fan-based blog. I will miss those early days of getting to know everybody, talking all types of shit, and of course enjoying our Lakers as they rose to yet another championship height right before our eyes. It is a shame that from all those who blogged, commented and posted on a regular basis, only a small percentage still care enough to stay invested in the Lakers and in-depth discussion about the franchise. Too stressful for some, too depressing for others, and I suppose too confrontational for the rest. Winning is a helluva drug, but to me it's always been about the team and what it represents. I've gone so long watching my Dodgers and Raiders carry a legacy of past championships through years and years of utter futility, and now I have to endure the Lakers going through certainly their most troublesome stretch since I've been a fan, but there's something to be said for staying loyal and knowledgeable about all the ups and downs. Too bad many of those who we used to blog with can't claim the same type of loyalty.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:58 am

lakerevolution wrote:I don't think we can completely dismiss the wonderful efforts of LEWSTRS, whose Game Day posts and extravagant list of Laker and NBA fans was the stuff of legend. I was amazed at all the folks on the Jedi Council roster, the Padawans, the On-Court Technicians, etc. That was great stuff and had probably never been done before in a fan-based blog. I will miss those early days of getting to know everybody, talking all types of shit, and of course enjoying our Lakers as they rose to yet another championship height right before our eyes. It is a shame that from all those who blogged, commented and posted on a regular basis, only a small percentage still care enough to stay invested in the Lakers and in-depth discussion about the franchise. Too stressful for some, too depressing for others, and I suppose too confrontational for the rest. Winning is a helluva drug, but to me it's always been about the team and what it represents. I've gone so long watching my Dodgers and Raiders carry a legacy of past championships through years and years of utter futility, and now I have to endure the Lakers going through certainly their most troublesome stretch since I've been a fan, but there's something to be said for staying loyal and knowledgeable about all the ups and downs. Too bad many of those who we used to blog with can't claim the same type of loyalty.

Yeah the way Lew ran the Hollinger's Site was very unique. I had never seen anything like that in my life. I really never had a problem with Lew, it's ashame he and Ken dislike each other. I am assuming a lot of it is over politics because Lew is the opposite of Ken when it comes to that. One reason why I rarely talk politics because I have seen it ruin friendships. I just agree to disagree when I do talk about politics if someone is against what I believe in and cut the convo short. It does no good to beat a dead horse over certain topics when you know the other person isn't going to agree with you no matter what. All it takes is one topic too for a convo to spiral out of control like if you believe in abortion and the person doesn't or if you think Marijuana should be legal in every state and the other person doesn't and thinks it's the worse thing ever invented. Just not worth arguing to me. So I stick to sports which is my comfort zone. It's also funny how Repubs think hwuyat ruined the country but then you hear same thing coming from liberals about Bush - not even worth debating because no side will win.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:36 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I really never had a problem with Lew, it's ashame he and Ken dislike each other. I am assuming a lot of it is over politics because Lew is the opposite of Ken when it comes to that.

No . . Lew's posts about the Lakers were always full of emotion, but when we were winning everybody kind of flowed down the same river of paradise. He, like many of us, was very opinionated and he always liked to cling to his own way of seeing things. When our time at the top came to an end, though, he started becoming kind of GHE and negative. He'd post wild (seemingly alcohol-fueled) rants about the team and was VERY sensitive to any kind of challenge to his opinions - even when no one was really challenging him. He became erratic, and I think his personal life was affecting his mood about the Lakers and about some of us. It had nothing to do with politics or outside issues, but in the time since he decided to separate from our little band he has become, like Kenny said, a really unbearable guy - namely on Facebook posts that Ken, Jesus and I have commented on. Frank and Jesus regularly go back and forth too. Silly stuff, but hey everyone has to stick to their guns. :uzi: :threadjacked:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:09 am

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I really never had a problem with Lew, it's ashame he and Ken dislike each other. I am assuming a lot of it is over politics because Lew is the opposite of Ken when it comes to that.

No . . Lew's posts about the Lakers were always full of emotion, but when we were winning everybody kind of flowed down the same river of paradise. He, like many of us, was very opinionated and he always liked to cling to his own way of seeing things. When our time at the top came to an end, though, he started becoming kind of GHE and negative. He'd post wild (seemingly alcohol-fueled) rants about the team and was VERY sensitive to any kind of challenge to his opinions - even when no one was really challenging him. He became erratic, and I think his personal life was affecting his mood about the Lakers and about some of us. It had nothing to do with politics or outside issues, but in the time since he decided to separate from our little band he has become, like Kenny said, a really unbearable guy - namely on Facebook posts that Ken, Jesus and I have commented on. Frank and Jesus regularly go back and forth too. Silly stuff, but hey everyone has to stick to their guns. :uzi: :threadjacked:

Yeah you and Ken would know more than me on the subject because you guys are on Facebook more than me. I just do know Lew is a diehard Repub and Kenny cant stand lpmua6. Having said that a number of factors I am sure went into he and Ken getting into it. Like Lew being moody/negative, etc..
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sat May 06, 2017 9:08 pm

I turned 68 today (my Facebook birthday is false to hide from ads). I got Happy Birthday sung to me by an entire opera company including ex-International opera stars (Rev's brother wasn't there, which would have made it perfect). :standingO:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Happy birthday the our elder statesman! :xclaphands:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:22 am

Happy Birthday Nuggs!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue May 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Hey Nuggs!! I forgot you are a fellow May Baby . . I'll be 47 on May 19th. My brother is supposed to be here in Cali sometime this year, I haven't seen him for a long time.
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue May 23, 2017 11:42 am

lakerevolution wrote:Hey Nuggs!! I forgot you are a fellow May Baby . . I'll be 47 on May 19th. My brother is supposed to be here in Cali sometime this year, I haven't seen him for a long time.

Here I am in the Mikado waiting to go onstage.

iso2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Cofm99 has left the building. RIP Mike.
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:31 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Cofm99 has left the building. RIP Mike.

Man, do you know what happened to him. That is terrible news. RIP Cofm99. He Posted a lot in the Hollinger days.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk