A look back at the history of chat

A look back at the history of chat

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:27 pm

I glanced over at Tom's and some of the Posters over there were showing Posts from the past and mentioning old members, which brought back great memories. I first started chatting on Laker Sites back in February of 2010 on the Hollinger's Site. So I have been at it now for 7 years. For a blast from the past here are some names that make my all-time Poster Team from 2010-present = this decade!
TrueFan1947 (Sam)
LEWSTRS
CYBERCosmiX
tate793
kb all day
PurpleNGoldinVegas (Catwoman)

*Our Posters in here now

NuggetsCountry
KobeMVP888 (Kenny)
lakerevolution (Rev)
Lakers4Life (Craig)
Nycitylaker (Jesus)
Julius Russell
kjkirby
Moos
srafrank (Frankie)
3Peatkb24 (me)

The Playoff run we had in 2010 was priceless! I got to chat with TrueFan1947 a lot, LEWSTRS, PurpleNGoldinVegas, KobeMVP888, Lakers4Life, Nycitylaker, tate793, srafrank, kb all day, and my man main lakerevolution during those times. Beating the Celtics was GREAT STUFF! Kobe for 5! Rev and I used to give the Trolls the business!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: A look back at the history of chat

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:35 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I glanced over at Tom's and some of the Posters over there were showing Posts from the past and mentioning old members, which brought back great memories. I first started chatting on Laker Sites back in February of 2010 on the Hollinger's Site. So I have been at it now for 7 years. For a blast from the past here are some names that make my all-time Poster Team from 2010-present = this decade!
TrueFan1947 (Sam)
LEWSTRS
CYBERCosmiX
tate793
kb all day
PurpleNGoldinVegas (Catwoman)

*Our Posters in here now

NuggetsCountry
KobeMVP888 (Kenny)
lakerevolution (Rev)
Lakers4Life (Craig)
Nycitylaker (Jesus)
Julius Russell
kjkirby
Moos
srafrank (Frankie)
3Peatkb24 (me)

The Playoff run we had in 2010 was priceless! I got to chat with TrueFan1947 a lot, LEWSTRS, PurpleNGoldinVegas, KobeMVP888, Lakers4Life, Nycitylaker, tate793, srafrank, kb all day, and my man main lakerevolution during those times. Beating the Celtics was GREAT STUFF! Kobe for 5! Rev and I used to give the Trolls the business!

ALL ABOARD, THESE 16 PASSENGERS HAVE A TICKET ON THE LAKER TRUEFAN TRAIN, 16 COMFORTABLE SEATS! Where we have tons of Aquafina Bottled Water, Lemon Lime Gatorade, Orange Gatorade, Breakfast Blend Starbucks Coffee, Coke, Pepsi, hot Buffalo Wings, Barbecue Wings, Peperoni Pizza, Sausage Pizza, Mashed Potatoes, Mac-N-Cheese, Bratwursts + Mustard, 4 big screen TV's showing all big sporting events and all Lakers games when on, 2 huge bathrooms, one for males/other females, also showers too with soap and shampoo :roflmao: . Take the Laker Train to heaven folks, let the journey begin :)

*Of course plenty of Crown Royal 80 proof and the 90 proof-Crown Black, plenty of Absolute Vodka, 1800 Tequila too, and plenty of beer = Bud Lite, Coors Lite, and Miller Lite. Come on what would the trip be without alcohol :beavis:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:38 am

Dear God . . the amount of smack-talking and verbal creativity that was going on when I discovered the ESPN Hollinger Page was EPIC. So many jokes taken too seriously, feelings hurt and words misinterpreted! Great stuff, and many of the subliminals that were throw were only appreciated by those with the same twisted and uncaring attitude as me!

It's tough when your team is not playing well, and of course effortless when they are sitting at the top of the world . . but there was a lot of respect between real NBA/ sports fans and a certain level of levity, entertainment and humor in it all. I really wish we all could have continued as one site, but alas too many men with egos, personality issues and agendas is like too many chefs in the kitchen. Maybe you can be an Ambassador for a new peace movement between Laker fans, 3Peat :dedhors: :cussargue:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 am

lakerevolution wrote:Dear God . . the amount of smack-talking and verbal creativity that was going on when I discovered the ESPN Hollinger Page was EPIC. So many jokes taken too seriously, feelings hurt and words misinterpreted! Great stuff, and many of the subliminals that were throw were only appreciated by those with the same twisted and uncaring attitude as me!

It's tough when your team is not playing well, and of course effortless when they are sitting at the top of the world . . but there was a lot of respect between real NBA/ sports fans and a certain level of levity, entertainment and humor in it all. I really wish we all could have continued as one site, but alas too many men with egos, personality issues and agendas is like too many chefs in the kitchen. Maybe you can be an Ambassador for a new peace movement between Laker fans, 3Peat :dedhors: :cussargue:

Remember OKAYDOKAY :roflmao: You gave him the business and even got banned for a day by ESPN :waaaaa:. That dickhead was a Suns Troll and was talking all kinds of shit during the WCFinals. DTime was Kenny's best friend :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 am

lakerevolution wrote:Maybe you can be an Ambassador for a new peace movement between Laker fans, 3Peat :dedhors: :cussargue:

Excellent choice! Fuck Lew though. He tranformed into a monster over the years. :angry2:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:49 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Maybe you can be an Ambassador for a new peace movement between Laker fans, 3Peat :dedhors: :cussargue:

Excellent choice! Fuck Lew though. He tranformed into a monster over the years. :angry2:

Where's DTime when you need him :WTFface:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Do you talk to Lew at all anymore? I haven't been on Facebook in a while.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm

You guys are the reason why I even started Posting a lot as in Rev, kb all day, and Kenny for starters. I have never been a Facebook or Twitter fan and back in 2009 was the 1st time I created an ESPN account to chat for the 1st time in my life. I chatted about Colts Football mainly on their game days until I met kb all day. Then I started chatting on Laker Game Threads once the 2009-2010 Season started. Then once I met Rev it just started getting addicting because we were tearing Trolls a new ass on a nightly basis :roflmao: kb all day kept begging me to join Hollinger's Lakers Site and I kept refusing until I gave in. Glad I did because I have been able to chat with some of the best people ever. Met Kenny in person even. I wish Ken and I could've really partied as in get hammered but I had to drive home from the bar we were at and he had to drive back to his hotel so we were tame. Still a fun night, couple of beers and wings and Laker talk. Ken, thanks for the Pau t-shirt, that is pretty cool.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Do you talk to Lew at all anymore? I haven't been on Facebook in a while.

No and never will. I unfriended him. He's a horrible human being, a walking hypocrisy.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Do you talk to Lew at all anymore? I haven't been on Facebook in a while.

No and never will. I unfriended him. He's a horrible human being, a walking hypocrisy.

Oh I had no idea you guys weren't friends anymore. I remember you guys used to chat a lot. Over the years I really have never got to the point where I couldn't stand someone. I was highly disappointed in Lew for leaving the Site that Cyber created and I was disappointed in Cyber for just disappearing but I don't hold any grudges on either. I am glad Nuggs created this and you own the URL thankfully because I prefer to be here as I am not a Facebook fan. I still have never considered joining Tom's Site but I like him and I know most of the Posters over there through Chat. Sean is one smart dude and carries that Site a lot when it's slow. Most of the ladies have disappeared but Seely still Posts over there on occasion.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:53 pm

I have made certain that Ken also has all the source in case I am unable to do this anymore. I have it backed up in 3 places, so we shouldn't lose it anymore. I have been distracted a lot due to my new civic duties, but we can tweak some stuff if you all want me to look into anything significant during the summer.

I really wish we could get some of the gals we had, but they are probably not as hard core as we in here. dunno....................
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:58 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:I have made certain that Ken also has all the source in case I am unable to do this anymore. I have it backed up in 3 places, so we shouldn't lose it anymore. I have been distracted a lot due to my new civic duties, but we can tweak some stuff if you all want me to look into anything significant during the summer.

I really wish we could get some of the gals we had, but they are probably not as hard core as we in here. dunno....................

You know how it goes, Nuggz. Once the Lakers start winning again, they will come. You know, Build It And They Will Come.

We will keep this site thriving.

What is there to talk about right now? WHETHER we're going to keep our pick? WHO we'll draft IF we keep the pick? Whether D'Angelo Russell is our point guard of the future, a shooting guard or some other team's guard?

Every so often I peek in at Tom's site and, frankly, the repetitive shit nauseates me. We keep it short and sweet in here and when the time is right, we'll properly explode within the positive environment we have created.
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:18 pm

No Kobe , less fan interest.
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Julius Russell wrote:No Kobe , less fan interest.

That, too. Also losing does become exhausting even with perspective.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:40 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I rattled off a few names in my post above . . but then decided not to mention them. Fuck it! :dedhors:

Those names would be Lew, Frank (who has "friended" then blocked me on FB twice, I still see - invisibly - him going back and forth with NYC on political posts :swordfight:), Tom, Utah and KB all day who became a whiny bitch when the Lakers started playing more poorly. I forget the name of that other schmuck who joined late on the ESPN page and whose chicken little ass was a huge reason I think we all decided to call it quits over there.

Yeah, the end of the Kobe/Pau Era and the hwuyat Administration wasn't very nice to Lew, although I think it had more to do with his health issues and the real estate market crash (which of course had NOTHING to do with Dubya), but he still spouts his nonsense for me to see on NYC's posts every blue moon. Time changes us all, some for better and some for worse. So be it. Never been important enough for me to give two fucks about.

THAT BEING SAID, best of health, good fortune and LAKER HEAVEN to all TrueFans. :standingO:
lakerevolution

Next

Return to LakerTalk