Gm 64: Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 64: Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:25 am

Lakers4Life wrote:I just don't think that winning 16 games or 20 games is going to make much of a difference in a free agents mind. Those both are still pretty bad records. But showing signs of capability to win versus the Warriors of the world does make a difference. As long as we keep playing those teams tough, maybe that will show Whiteside or whomever that all we need is a piece or 2 like them to put us back on top.

It's not so much the number of games won, but the improvement of Russell, Randle and Clarkson over the remaining games as a potential selling point. I read somewhere today where Durant (allegedly) wants his own team and that he is good friends with Al Horford, so perhaps there's a potential for a Heatles-like collusion situation with them. They fill both of our holes and (I think) would be excellent fits with Randle in the front court. Truthfully, I believe that any rumor about Durant is just that, so I take all that shit with a grain of salt. I think there's a higher likelihood that he signs a one year deal with OKC and waits for 2017 money. That gives him and Russell Westbrook some YUGE options.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:44 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:I just don't think that winning 16 games or 20 games is going to make much of a difference in a free agents mind. Those both are still pretty bad records. But showing signs of capability to win versus the Warriors of the world does make a difference. As long as we keep playing those teams tough, maybe that will show Whiteside or whomever that all we need is a piece or 2 like them to put us back on top.

It's not so much the number of games won, but the improvement of Russell, Randle and Clarkson over the remaining games as a potential selling point. I read somewhere today where Durant (allegedly) wants his own team and that he is good friends with Al Horford, so perhaps there's a potential for a Heatles-like collusion situation with them. They fill both of our holes and (I think) would be excellent fits with Randle in the front court. Truthfully, I believe that any rumor about Durant is just that, so I take all that shit with a grain of salt. I think there's a higher likelihood that he signs a one year deal with OKC and waits for 2017 money. That gives him and Russell Westbrook some YUGE options.

PG Russell
SG Clarkson
SF Durant
PF Randle
C Horford
6th Man Sweet Lou
Imagine if we end up with the Top pick too = Simmons to the Roster!! + we have Nance as well!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:58 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:PG Russell
SG Clarkson
SF Durant
PF Randle
C Horford
6th Man Sweet Lou
Imagine if we end up with the Top pick too = Simmons to the Roster!! + we have Nance as well!

Unfortunately, most teams will have enough money for a max slot because the cap is going through the roof, so any kind of pairing like that is MORE THAN wishful thinking in today's NBA. The likelihood of us being on anyone's radar may be slightly more than the previous two summers, but not by much. Today's players don't hold NBA history or the Purple & Gold sacred. Sadly, I fear that we will suffer through another dry summer and wind up with more fillers because these spoiled AAU brats want to play with their proven NBA friends on elite teams. Even Hassan Whiteside, a relative nobody, has stated that he doesn't want to be the centerpiece on a losing franchise, so when we present our basketball mojo to him and Danny Ainge presents the stage that the Hated Ones are at, who do you think that this millennial will choose? So I wouldn't hold my breath. We're still in a pickle.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:36 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:PG Russell
SG Clarkson
SF Durant
PF Randle
C Horford
6th Man Sweet Lou

Unfortunately, most teams will have enough money for a max slot because the cap is going through the roof, so any kind of pairing like that is MORE THAN wishful thinking in today's NBA. The likelihood of us being on anyone's radar may be slightly more than the previous two summers, but not by much. Today's players don't hold NBA history or the Purple & Gold sacred. Sadly, I fear that we will suffer through another dry summer and wind up with more fillers because these spoiled AAU brats want to play with their proven NBA friends on elite teams. Even Hassan Whiteside, a relative nobody, has stated that he doesn't want to be the centerpiece on a losing franchise, so when we present our basketball mojo to him and Danny Ainge presents the stage that the Hated Ones are at, who do you think that this millennial will choose? So I wouldn't hold my breath. We're still in a pickle.

This is Jim Buss still "In A Pickle"

2016-03-08-15-33-40--535081098.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lakers4Life

Previous

Return to LakerTalk