Gm 64: Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 64: Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:27 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Wow. Just WOW. Made my season. Made me believe in the future of our toddlers. Keeps me a believer in Kobe.

Go Lakers!!!

Yes, that was great stuff!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:32 am

My wife put me on "Honey Do's" all day yesterday. I had to DVR it. But wow! Down goes Frazier!! That was a pleasant surprise. We looked like The Lakers of old and The Warriors looked like The Clippers of old. The roles switched up yesterday. We looked like the team favored to win it all while they looked like we have been playing the past couple of years!! Sign of things to come? Like D-Lo said "We haven't seen nothing yet" #17 Coming up!! Too Easy!!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:41 am

Lakers4Life wrote:My wife put me on "Honey Do's" all day yesterday. I had to DVR it. But wow! Down goes Frazier!! That was a pleasant surprise. We looked like The Lakers of old and The Warriors looked like The Clippers of old. The roles switched up yesterday. We looked like the team favored to win it all while they looked like we have been playing the past couple of years!! Sign of things to come? Like D-Lo said "We haven't seen nothing yet" #17 Coming up!! Too Easy!!

Yeah I was lucky that my day was free because I worked all night Saturday and had nothing planned on Sunday so I was able to watch that beauty. I couldn't believe what I was watching. That made me feel awesome the rest of the day and night! Man that was Great stuff! I thought it was 2010 again.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:48 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:My wife put me on "Honey Do's" all day yesterday. I had to DVR it. But wow! Down goes Frazier!! That was a pleasant surprise. We looked like The Lakers of old and The Warriors looked like The Clippers of old. The roles switched up yesterday. We looked like the team favored to win it all while they looked like we have been playing the past couple of years!! Sign of things to come? Like D-Lo said "We haven't seen nothing yet" #17 Coming up!! Too Easy!!

Yeah I was lucky that my day was free because I worked all night Saturday and had nothing planned on Sunday so I was able to watch that beauty. I couldn't believe what I was watching. That made me feel awesome the rest of the day and night! Man that was Great stuff! I thought it was 2010 again.

Lakers singing this last night:

Now I, I go for mine, I got to shine
Now throw your hands up in the sky
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:56 am

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Lakers singing this last night:

Russell is showing signs of playing more consistent. He looked Great in the 1st Half. Huertus played his best game of the season too. Our Guards were getting every lose ball and making incredible shots and passes, Clarky too, even Kobe was playing Great D.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:17 am

So what would be better, if we hypothetically wound up winning 10 of our last 18 games while defeating some top teams in the process or playing like our typical shit the rest of the way in to possibly keep our top 3 pick? Wouldn't noticeable progress from our young players open the eyes of some free agents? Would you rather have a shot at Hassan Whiteside and perhaps a DeMar Derozan, or would you rather get a young crapshoot in the draft (assuming we don't get the overall #1 pick)?
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:So what would be better, if we hypothetically wound up winning 10 of our last 18 games while defeating some top teams in the process or playing like our typical shit the rest of the way in to possibly keep our top 3 pick? Wouldn't noticeable progress from our young players open the eyes of some free agents? Would you rather have a shot at Hassan Whiteside and perhaps a DeMar Derozan, or would you rather get a young crapshoot in the draft (assuming we don't get the overall #1 pick)?

Man that is 1 hell of a question because I do believe Ben Simmons is the real deal. His LSU team hasn't been all that good but he is a Great college player. Having said that I would rather have Cousins and Derozan to put along with Russell, Randle, Lou, and Nance. What I mean by Cousins is, what if we traded our Top 2 pick (IF WE PICK #1 or #2) and Clarkson for Cousins? Cousins is a Beast! He hates it in Sacramento. Sac may do that if they could land Simmons or Ingram.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:03 pm

Personally I would fly Durant in and have Magic, Kareem, Worthy, and Shaq in a room with him with Mitch of course. Pitch my game, offer him the highest paid contract of all-time and tell him he is the next coming in LA! We could have Russell, Clarkson, Durant, Randle and Draft Skal from Kentucky if we have a Top 3 for our young Center. He and Randle both would be a tandem because they both went to KY. Skal just took it too LSU with 18 and 9, dude is athletic.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:49 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Personally I would fly Durant in and have Magic, Kareem, Worthy, and Shaq in a room with him with Mitch of course. Pitch my game, offer him the highest paid contract of all-time and tell him he is the next coming in LA! We could have Russell, Clarkson, Durant, Randle and Draft Skal from Kentucky if we have a Top 3 for our young Center. He and Randle both would be a tandem because they both went to KY. Skal just took it too LSU with 18 and 9, dude is athletic.

My hypothetical excludes Ben Simmons. In other words, it assumes that we get the #2 or #3 pick. That would probably mean Brandon Ingram or Dragan Bender from Croatia (a shorter, raw Porzingis clone). Trading that pick for a proven free agent to be star is also certainly a possibility. However, if we win games and wind up "sacrificing" the #2 or #3 pick (unless we get a lucky bounce of the ping pong balls like last year), wouldn't that give more credibility to the future of the team/franchise such that young players like Whiteside or DeRozan MIGHT want the shot at being the next great Lakers? I don't know the answer either. I do know that we need long term patience absent a Heatles situation which I don't see. And forget about Durant.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:05 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Personally I would fly Durant in and have Magic, Kareem, Worthy, and Shaq in a room with him with Mitch of course. Pitch my game, offer him the highest paid contract of all-time and tell him he is the next coming in LA! We could have Russell, Clarkson, Durant, Randle and Draft Skal from Kentucky if we have a Top 3 for our young Center. He and Randle both would be a tandem because they both went to KY. Skal just took it too LSU with 18 and 9, dude is athletic.

My hypothetical excludes Ben Simmons. In other words, it assumes that we get the #2 or #3 pick. That would probably mean Brandon Ingram or Dragan Bender from Croatia (a shorter, raw Porzingis clone). Trading that pick for a proven free agent to be star is also certainly a possibility. However, if we win games and wind up "sacrificing" the #2 or #3 pick (unless we get a lucky bounce of the ping pong balls like last year), wouldn't that give more credibility to the future of the team/franchise such that young players like Whiteside or DeRozan MIGHT want the shot at being the next great Lakers? I don't know the answer either. I do know that we need long term patience absent a Heatles situation which I don't see. And forget about Durant.

Yeah I would love to have Derozan and Whiteside if we can sign them to go with Russell, Randle, Clarky, and Nance and just screw the tank theory, I see what you are saying now. I know we aren't getting Kevin but I thought I would Post it for fun. That Bender guy is intriguing if we do get a Top 3.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:43 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Yeah I would love to have Derozan and Whiteside if we can sign them to go with Russell, Randle, Clarky, and Nance and just screw the tank theory, I see what you are saying now. I know we aren't getting Kevin but I thought I would Post it for fun. That Bender guy is intriguing if we do get a Top 3.

We certainly have a nice core of young players already (Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Brown - maybe). I wish we could add Tarik Black to that list, but for some reason Byron Scott doesn't see what I see in him, so someone else will benefit from his services (like the Spurs). I think we'll see Lou Williams back next season and my best guess is that they will waive and stretch the last 2 years of Nick Young's contract to create some more cap space. I also wouldn't be completely surprised if we signed Huertas for another season, but because he's a minimum player, he won't take up any cap space (actually he's a restricted free agent). We might even see Jabari Brown back on the team next season. We have YUGE holes at the small forward and center positions, which is why a play for Whiteside makes a lot of sense, although he has already gone public saying that he doesn't want to be the centerpiece of a "losing franchise" (take that any way you want, but we are talking about a generation of players who don't give a shit about the Lakers' lore). And how about 27 year old Nicolas Batum, who is an unrestricted free agent this year? He has size, athleticism, defends well, averages 14.5 ppg, 5.5 apg and 6.3 rpg this season and we all know that he can hit that corner 3. Whiteside, Randle, Batum, Clarkson and Russell is certainly an intriguing starting 5. However, I think the only way you get those kind of free agents is to show improvement between now and the end of the season so that the "basketball" argument is much stronger when you meet with these spoiled brats.
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Biggest take away is Nance Jr is an asset for us.
Russell is at a level I thought it would take another season to reach.
Clarkson has shown to be a quality scorer.
Julius has value and upside may be higher than the rest.
Julius Russell

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Better to luck into Simmons or Ingram.
Kids are improving but all the FAs who can help aren't playing with kids.

Harrison Barnes is our best bet in that sense.
Derozan LOVES Kyle Lowry. Not leaving.

Whiteside isn't the guy to bring to a young locker room.

We have our stars.

Overpay role playing mentors.
Pau, Noah, Deng types on short contracts.
The 20 game jump next year based on the kids growing up and the sideshow aspect of
The farewell tour pushed aside
Julius Russell

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:12 pm

FB_IMG_1457312854940.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:37 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:So what would be better, if we hypothetically wound up winning 10 of our last 18 games while defeating some top teams in the process or playing like our typical shit the rest of the way in to possibly keep our top 3 pick? Wouldn't noticeable progress from our young players open the eyes of some free agents? Would you rather have a shot at Hassan Whiteside and perhaps a DeMar Derozan, or would you rather get a young crapshoot in the draft (assuming we don't get the overall #1 pick)?

How about both?!?!

I think wins like this against a great team line The Warriors does a bunch for the youngblood psyche. This win gots Russell, Clarkson, Randle & LNJR pondering just how good they can actually be when they play their game. This was a benchmark win. These guys can always go back to this game and remind themselves what they are capable of. This is the game they'll remember as when they started to believe.

But boy would I love a talent like Simmons

Oh wait you said to take Simmons out of it. Then I would still want the pick.

I just don't think that winning 16 games or 20 games is going to make much of a difference in a free agents mind. Those both are still pretty bad records. But showing signs of capability to win versus the Warriors of the world does make a difference. As long as we keep playing those teams tough, maybe that will show Whiteside or whomever that all we need is a piece or 2 like them to put us back on top.
Lakers4Life

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk