D'Angelo Russell (to 3-Peat)

D'Angelo Russell (to 3-Peat)

Postby Lakers4Life » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 am

FB_IMG_1456989425078.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lakers4Life

Re: D'Angelo Russell (to 3-Peat)

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:13 am

Great quote by him. Regarding me though I have never said he sucks, just stuff like he's inconsistent and I have had my doubts whether or not he will ever be a Star in this league. Nothing to harsh. Being Good and being a Star are 2 different things. I think he will be Good and he has been Good lately. Of course I am going to be critical of him at times, he's the #2 pick in the Draft and was taken ahead of the guy I wanted. Next season will show us a lot because he is now getting a full season under his belt.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:15 am

3Peat

What about his game doesn't translate into him being a Star in the future? Is there anything he doesn't have in his arsenal? Is there any aspect of that arsenal that doesn't have tremendous potential for growth? I see a smart young player whose shot will improve, whose repertoire for shots will certainly expand, who has great court vision and will become a tremendous passer in this league, whose on the ball and off the ball defense has improved and will eventually become stellar and who possesses tremendous leadership and clutch closing potential. I think he has a shot at being an all-star in 3-4 seasons.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:00 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:3Peat

What about his game doesn't translate into him being a Star in the future? Is there anything he doesn't have in his arsenal? Is there any aspect of that arsenal that doesn't have tremendous potential for growth? I see a smart young player whose shot will improve, whose repertoire for shots will certainly expand, who has great court vision and will become a tremendous passer in this league, whose on the ball and off the ball defense has improved and will eventually become stellar and who possesses tremendous leadership and clutch closing potential. I think he has a shot at being an all-star in 3-4 seasons.

He needs to get stronger and get faster. He isn't near the athlete Westbrook is for example or even Lillard. In time he could be but he needs to work on his strength and stamina and stay in the gym 24/7 shooting 3's. The 3 point shot could be his saving grace like it is Curry's but that will take 100% dedication and no loafing. Like I said I look like the bad guy in all of this on this Site because I have been skeptical on whether or not Russ will be a Star when we drafted him. I have never said anything like he sucks though, I think he will be Good at worse but we need him to be a SuperStar to get this rebuild moving, do you agree? Lillard played like an All-star right off the bat so I hope Russ will be one next season. Once he grows into a mans body he will perhaps get much stronger and faster.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:12 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:

He needs to get stronger and get faster. He isn't near the athlete Westbrook is for example or even Lillard. In time he could be but he needs to work on his strength and stamina and stay in the gym 24/7 shooting 3's. The 3 point shot could be his saving grace like it is Curry's but that will take 100% dedication and no loafing. Like I said I look like the bad guy in all of this on this Site because I have been skeptical on whether or not Russ will be a Star when we drafted him. I have never said anything like he sucks though, I think he will be Good at worse but we need him to be a SuperStar to get this rebuild moving, do you agree? Lillard played like an All-star right off the bat so I hope Russ will be one next season. Once he grows into a mans body he will perhaps get much stronger and faster.

All good points. He's not Westbrook or Lillard; he's a different kind of guard. He will improve in all aspects of what you raise because he is only 20. He will get to the line more. He will improve his fg% and free throw percentage. Again, he is only 20, but he pretty much has a fantastic all around game with the potential for tremendous growth in all aspects of his game, including posting up, rebounding, floaters and attacking the rim. He will get stronger. He'll never be super fast, but doesn't need to.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:07 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

All good points. He's not Westbrook or Lillard; he's a different kind of guard. He will improve in all aspects of what you raise because he is only 20. He will get to the line more. He will improve his fg% and free throw percentage. Again, he is only 20, but he pretty much has a fantastic all around game with the potential for tremendous growth in all aspects of his game, including posting up, rebounding, floaters and attacking the rim. He will get stronger. He'll never be super fast, but doesn't need to.

Yeah that is the main thing that has stood out to me as he doesn't look as strong or fast compared to the Elite PG's but he is only 20, by the time he's 22 or 23 that may change. The 3 point shot will be critical to his career IMO to whether or not he becomes an All-Star then perhaps a SuperStar. Tate brought up a great point as well that I dodnt even mention = his FT% as that definitely needs to improve. He needs to be at 80%.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 am

I have been feeling much better lately with what I am seeing out of him but 1 last point he needs to get better on Defense as well, to me that could be more of a speed issue as of now.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk