New blog information, instructions, and mods

New blog information, instructions, and mods

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:43 pm

HELLO!2I have made a few changes on avatars. Look at your User Control Panel to choose avatars and Gravatars. If you are looking for a specific avatar, notify me via PM or email, and I'll try to find it.

I have also made a few other small changes. You can change your username color, for one.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Re: blog changes and mods

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:12 am

For my benefit and I'm sure for others', can we post a tutorial on how to do everything from posting youtube videos to article links and any other stuff that makes the topics and commentary fun for all? A lot of it is "simple" in theory but can be difficult or intimidating to those who can't seem to get it to work. Thanks! As much description as possible from multiple members can give a well-rounded tutorial on how to use all the little features in this great site.

GO LAKERS!!!

For posting tweet and youtube and url, just hover over the posting button and it will give you a help hint. If the hints are insufficient, then Nuggs will try to figure out a better hint/help.
lakerevolution

User Control Panel settings - get on it ASAP!!

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:09 pm

There are many settings each of you need to customize in your "User Control Panel", including your time zone. That setting will affect your post time, for one thing. You can choose your username color as well as an avatar. I have added hundreds of avatars in the gallery. If you desire others, just holler in a PM (Message) to me. I'll do my best to find them and resize pics if you already have it. I have lots of tools to do graphics, etc.

An "["img"]" example: (there are lots of graphics in our avatar folders at our host web site)
Code: Select all
[img]http://truelakersfans.com/images/avatars/gallery/more/download.jpg[/img]

Gets you this:

[youtube]oNuX7bs2qAM[/youtube]

Gets you this, where the original youtube link was: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNuX7bs2qAM":

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

[url]http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/151014_lakerGirlsHawaii[/url][img]http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/lakers/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/ts_lginhawaii.jpg?itok=DplCS7SI[/img]
produces:
http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/151014_lakerGirlsHawaiiImage

Here is the post code usage for the next reduced size image, using the "rimg" button, above.
[rimg]http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/lakers/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/ts_lginhawaii.jpg?itok=DplCS7SI,300[/rimg]
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Re: New blog information, instructions, and mods

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Give me the 12 women Avatar :waaaaa: If I die of a heart attack I am going out in style (joking I love the Lakers Girls). Hey thanks for correcting for whatever happened earlier. I tried Posting on the Football Thread and it Posted a new Thread but now it's on the Football Thread, Great stuff!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

colorslide & (size) example

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Here is an example of two posting techniques, one is "colorslide=" and the other is the pulldown (size) feature, above:

[size=200][colorslide=This is an emphasis technique]blue,red,100[/colorslide][/size]
is what gave the above line.
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:28 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Give me the 12 women Avatar :waaaaa: If I die of a heart attack I am going out in style (joking I love the Lakers Girls). Hey thanks for correcting for whatever happened earlier. I tried Posting on the Football Thread and it Posted a new Thread but now it's on the Football Thread, Great stuff!

The girls are available as an avatar in the "more" collection. UCP:Profile:Edit avatar:Display gallery:Category:more

I had to change everybody's permissions for the fixed forum topics, so no new topics would be created. What a pain!
That one was my bad. Hopefully it won't happen again.
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Popup button example

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:00 pm

This is a way to add a link to something, and not have the user have to hit the Back arrow, to get back to the post.
Example:[popup]Go to All time NBA+ABA points stats,http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_career.html[/popup]

Go to All time NBA+ABA points stats
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:48 am

I changed my time to Pacific time. Still haven't decided on an Avatar yet.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:22 am

So . . if it doesn't say "news" next to a topic but the little text icon is "scrolling", what does that mean?
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:03 pm

lakerevolution wrote:So . . if it doesn't say "news" next to a topic but the little text icon is "scrolling", what does that mean?

* Scrolling text within the message icon indicates a more active topic with either more posts overall (was set to 25, now 100). Nuggs
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:27 am

Oh ok thanks Nuggs. So far so good on this site. I do miss the comfort and familiarity of the previous one but now we control the horiz. and the vert. so that's a tremendous plus. :bowdown:
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:07 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Oh ok thanks Nuggs. So far so good on this site. I do miss the comfort and familiarity of the previous one but now we control the horiz. and the vert. so that's a tremendous plus. :bowdown:

yeah - unfortunately we have no copy of the old site, so I am just guessing and working with whatever I have for our current baseline. I am trying to get more features in that are handy, like: I added a lot more smilies :WTFface: , which need feedback as to order or ones way down the list I should bring up top.

Other than that, we do have control over what happens to it now. I like having the schedule button handy, which I asked for a while back. Anyway, we need to get people using it or my efforts are wasted...............

Plus there are some great avatars available on the site I wish other members would utilize!Image OR Image
[img]http://truelakersfans.com/images/avatars/gallery/more/yowza.jpg[/img]  OR [img]http://truelakersfans.com/images/avatars/gallery/comics_and_humor/aCo_MatrixNeo.gif[/img]
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:09 pm

From a functional standpoiint, I think that this site is already better than the previous one, it's just that we were used to that one. The truth is that after multiple shitty seasons, it is difficult to have one's heart into posting about the Lakers even with all the new and young players. It is hard to watch Kobe age, to watch Hibbert be the stiff he has been and to watch D'Angelo Russell struggle. It's especially hard to watch a mediocre team like the Mavs toy with us on a Sunday night at Staples Center.

HAVING SAID THAT, we shall overcome! :pullhair:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:42 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:From a functional standpoiint, I think that this site is already better than the previous one, it's just that we were used to that one. The truth is that after multiple shitty seasons, it is difficult to have one's heart into posting about the Lakers even with all the new and young players. It is hard to watch Kobe age, to watch Hibbert be the stiff he has been and to watch D'Angelo Russell struggle. It's especially hard to watch a mediocre team like the Mavs toy with us on a Sunday night at Staples Center.

HAVING SAID THAT, we shall overcome! :pullhair:

Yeah I agree with everything you just said. I think this Site is better or just as good as the other one. Problem is we aren't winning so hardly nobody is Posting. If we were better more people would be here. I have been busy with work but that's about to change. I will Post as much as I can as I already am piling up the Posts like Kobe does jumpshots :roflmao: Nuggs went through a lot putting this together and everything is updated, so I don't even Post on Facebook anymore. I'll Post on Facebook when I want to chase girls :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Nuggs is there a way to change the Avatars to 90X90 or less? I tried to change mine to the cheerleader you posted but it's at 110X73. I also tried my old Byron one but it's too big.
3Peatkb24

Next

Return to LakerTalk