#17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!

#17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Once again, I apologize for my absence and lack of focus, brethren. You know I am with you and thinking about you. Since my wife's passing, life had changed for me, but no excuses. She would be soooo happy about what we're about to embark on!

Here's a shout out to TrueFan1947, whose inspiration kept our tight little group together. Perhaps he wanted to see if we could wade our way through some tough times before reaching the Promised Land again, a luxury that many franchises neither expect nor experience with any regularity. The Lakers have reached the NBA Finals or won championships in every decade since the league was formed, a remarkable stat. The Lakers have reached the NBA Finals 32 out of 74 NBA seasons since 1947, a staggering 43.2% percent of the time. No American professional sports franchise can boast such a high percentage. We are fans of the most dynastic team in professional sports history!

Friday morning I will post the final GAME THREAD of the season. The Heat have thrown everything they have at us and it is now time to close this series out in dominating fashion.

I welcome your thoughts as we marinate in what is seemingly surreal.

Stay safe, my brethren.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:51 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Once again, I apologize for my absence and lack of focus, brethren. You know I am with you and thinking about you. Since my wife's passing, life had changed for me, but no excuses. She would be soooo happy about what we're about to embark on!

Here's a shout out to TrueFan1947, whose inspiration kept our tight little group together. Perhaps he wanted to see if we could wade our way through some tough times before reaching the Promised Land again, a luxury that many franchises neither expect nor experience with any regularity. The Lakers have reached the NBA Finals or won championships in every decade since the league was formed, a remarkable stat. The Lakers have reached the NBA Finals 32 out of 74 NBA seasons since 1947, a staggering 43.2% percent of the time. No American professional sports franchise can boast such a high percentage. We are fans of the most dynastic team in professional sports history!

Friday morning I will post the final GAME THREAD of the season. The Heat have thrown everything they have at us and it is now time to close this series out in dominating fashion.

I welcome your thoughts as we marinate in what is seemingly surreal.

Stay safe, my brethren.

Yeah Ken, this has been a tough year for all of us. From Kobe passing, to the Covid-19, political issues, etc.. It has been exhausting for me. With me I just don't feel well because I am always tired and burned out from working 60-70 hours a week to keep afloat since the Covid started in March. I am taking a vacation starting Sunday October 18th through Tuesday the 27th to clear my mind and gather my thoughts about many things. I have even refrained from seeing my mom and step-dad but I am going over there during my vacation. They have a big house so we will keep social distancing.

You really loved your wife and it shows Brethren by the way you took care of her. You are a really good person Ken. This Championship is for Sam TrueFan1947 and for Kobe. Sam was still alive to see us beat the Celtics in 2010, I remember. He always treated me well on the Hollinger's forum and respected all of my opinions when I was a newbee. He was really a solid guy. Tying the Celtics for most Championships in NBA history is a feeling I cant describe as a fan. We have been to more Finals than them as well so that is the tiebreaker for greatest franchise ever.

Yeah we have all stuck together since 2010 which is amazing as in you, Rev, Nuggs, Jesus, Lakers4Life, and myself. That is a long time. Even when we sucked I still got excited about games lol but I am a TrueFan :rthup:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:10 pm

Well, well, well . . look who just fervently sashayed in :willie:

This has, of course, been a strange season. An unprecedented and intimidating year. Changes in our world, our country, our personal lives and in our sports landscape.

The loss of Kobe and Gianna.

The escape of athletic entertainment was taken from us briefly, but thankfully the democratic process and the athletes' love of the game (not to mention the TV revenue) brought about a well-planned re-start to the game we love to watch. LeBron, AD and the squad stepped up, claimed the greatness they knew they were capable of, and are now 48 minutes away from bringing to Laker Nation a prize we so desperately need in these days . . a glorious return to Showtime against the very man who stepped out of the broadcast booth in an Armani suit and dazzled us all in the 80s.

Of course sports doesn't mean much to tens of millions around the world who are struggling, battling and suffering through the most challenging times we've seen in our lifetimes, perhaps ever. But the draw of competition, the desire to compete and the goal to complete a quest that has always been the number one priority for this legendary franchise has powered this team to reach the throne which has eluded us for a decade.

Miami has proven they belong here. Jimmy Butler has proven he belongs in the same company as the other elites in the league, and Spoelstra has proven that he is one of the best coaches the NBA has ever seen. When we defeat them, there will be no loud cheers from an arena full of diehard fans, there will be no swarms of people hugging and embracing, there will be no grand downtown parade with thousands lining the streets. There will only be the title, the trophy, the recognition of a job well done and a reflection of how this season has been as much about coming together as people from all ethnicities and nationalities as it has been about offense, defense and statistics.

The few of us who have been True Fans through all that has happened . . the Buss family power struggle, the Ball family chaos, the struggle to weed out which one of our young players was worth keeping, the tragic loss of our most impactful player and the social madness that has ensued between the Black Lives Matter demonstrations and the scramble to live differently in a world dictated by social distancing and masks covering our smiles . . has left us drained, confused and yet still hopeful that the world we have always known has not been lost.

Should the NBA begin next season in January or later, it may or may not be 82 games. It may not return to chartered flights between 32 cities with fans allowed to actually enter arenas. But with this, the Lakers' 17th title as a franchise, guided and represented by the best player in a generation and one of the greatest athletes and ambassadors sports has seen, we can rest assured that the fall of the Clippers and the return of the Warriors will make next year that much more challenging.

Thanks to all the folks who take time to post in this special blog spot. I wish we could have retained more of the Seagram Sevens, the Lewstrs, the KJ Kirbys and KPMcleans, but hopefully wherever they are I hope they and their families are safe, healthy and cheering on our Lakers.

:grouphug:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Rev since the ESPN days back in 2009 we were giving the Laker trolls the business, we were like Kobe and Shaq. I love you my friend. I remember when I had the name Colts18to44to87 and you were like who is this guy? :roflmao: . You found out quickly that my love for the Lakers was deep as a country boy in a small market. I got bullied in high school by many because they loved Larry and the Celtics, I could tell you some stories that would make your mind boggle lol. Magic was always my guy and so was Kareem.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:23 pm

Giannis wins MVP and DPOY and Clippers president wins Exec of the Year.

Both teams failed miserably to get anywhere close to where their stars and front offices may have thought they would be this season.

But . . . .

:LOBtrophy: :yuush:
lakerevolution

Postby Nycitylaker » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:17 am

Welcome back TrueFans. Welcome back Lakers to the top of the NBA echelon. Indeed we have collectively experienced some lows in our own bubbles. To the non sports fan any attempt to weave our sports suffering with actual human suffering of any form is inappropriate. And in reality it truly is. But we are here in a sports thread with sports hardest of the hardcore fans. And what we go through during a couple of hours of a sporting event is, and may I remind you all I am atheist of catholic upbringing, religious. We suspend reality for the duration of competition. The reality of real world problems. But this year the two were never more interwoven. The suspension of sports due to Covid 19. The political hatred.The undeniable pivot to outspokenness of athletes who would prefer to get their sneaker money than openly advocate for justice. I for one am happy that it has finally come to this. That we can no longer pretend sports (or any part of our own life experiences) has nothing to do with racism, homophobia, religious bigotry, and any social injustice perpetrated on those of us who can least defend ourselves. But I do the opposite of digress......

I am still grateful our Lakers are here and now. Lebron is the MVP. AD is the next. We are back in contention for the next couple of years beyond this bubble. They will try to asterisk this chip. They will hate on our Lakers naturally. They will hate on LBJ. They clearly hated on Pelinka (7th in voting for executive honors? Really?) Yet here we all are. I can still remember the pettiness of the ESPN thread. "As currently constructed...." LOL Shout out to all the OGs. Keep resting in peace Truefan. Missing arguing with Lew based on ONLY basketball theories. Miss cheering some spirits with Frank. Miss schooling trolls with the likes of 3peat and Rev. And miss Kenny's every game opening post. But we are here now in this latest form. And that is more than good enough. So I raise a virtual Salud to those who've stuck it out. Who've made time to chime in from the real world issues. Thank you all for continuing to suspend my reality with the real fanaticism of the greatest sports franchise present or past. Lakers then, Lakers now.....

LAKERS FOR LIFE! #17
Nycitylaker

Return to LakerTalk