Playoff thread

Re: Playoff thread

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:21 pm

"Despite the defensive showing, Davis -- who was the runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year this season to the Milwaukee Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo -- was not satisfied with his performance on that end.

"I feel I was a step slow on defensive rotations tonight. I feel I can be better defensively," said Davis, who led the Lakers with 29 points to go with 12 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocks. "Kind of got knocked off my rhythm early [in Game 4]. But for me to just keep going, I go in and try to get offensive rebounds, screen for my teammates, do all the intangibles and make sure I can affect the game in other ways besides just scoring the basketball."

It warms my heart to hear young players today still using phrases like "scoring the basketball." So old school.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:32 pm

Good win tonight, up 3-1 now. This series will be over in 5. When we play the Clippers for the real championship which I used to call Colts vs Pats in the AFC Title Game back in the day :waaaaa: , all we need is 2 other guys to step up each game other than LeBron and AD. It can be Rondo and Kuz one game or even Danny Green may have a game where he nails 5 3's in a game. LeBron will be the best player on the floor. Leonard is close to LeBron but still a Rook in chess terms, LeBron is a Queen in chess terms. AD is a Rook and so is PG, so we have a Queen and a Rook taking on 2 Rook's, I like my chances. :lthup:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:34 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Good win tonight, up 3-1 now. This series will be over in 5. When we play the Clippers for the real championship which I used to call Colts vs Pats in the AFC Title Game back in the day :waaaaa: , all we need is 2 other guys to step up each game other than LeBron and AD. It can be Rondo and Kuz one game or even Danny Green may have a game where he nails 5 3's in a game. LeBron will be the best player on the floor. Leonard is close to LeBron but still a Rook in chess terms, LeBron is a Queen in chess terms. AD is a Rook and so is PG, so we have a Queen and a Rook taking on 2 Rook's, I like my chances. :lthup:

According to our coach, our defense is our third man.

"That's as powerful a weapon there is in one of these playoff runs. It's as powerful as a superstar," Vogel said after L.A. beat the Houston Rockets 110-100 on Thursday to go up 3-1 in their Western Conference semifinal series. "If you have an elite defense, that can be your third star, so to speak."

If we keep playing the way we've been this post-season (with a few exceptions), he's right. If you need to assign a person, it would be Caruso and now Rondo, who is looking exceptional. Morris chips in, Green does his thing, Vogel rotates as well as can be expected (whatever LeBron tells him to do :waaaaa: ) but MAAAN do we need Bradley.

Punk-ass Celtics got a LOT of help from the refs in the 4th to get away with a win. I hope Miami SPANKS them, but hey the refs are in charge now. Time to eliminate the Roquettes and get to these San Diego Scrippers.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 am

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Good win tonight, up 3-1 now. This series will be over in 5. When we play the Clippers for the real championship which I used to call Colts vs Pats in the AFC Title Game back in the day :waaaaa: , all we need is 2 other guys to step up each game other than LeBron and AD. It can be Rondo and Kuz one game or even Danny Green may have a game where he nails 5 3's in a game. LeBron will be the best player on the floor. Leonard is close to LeBron but still a Rook in chess terms, LeBron is a Queen in chess terms. AD is a Rook and so is PG, so we have a Queen and a Rook taking on 2 Rook's, I like my chances. :lthup:

According to our coach, our defense is our third man.

"That's as powerful a weapon there is in one of these playoff runs. It's as powerful as a superstar," Vogel said after L.A. beat the Houston Rockets 110-100 on Thursday to go up 3-1 in their Western Conference semifinal series. "If you have an elite defense, that can be your third star, so to speak."

If we keep playing the way we've been this post-season (with a few exceptions), he's right. If you need to assign a person, it would be Caruso and now Rondo, who is looking exceptional. Morris chips in, Green does his thing, Vogel rotates as well as can be expected (whatever LeBron tells him to do :waaaaa: ) but MAAAN do we need Bradley.

Punk-ass Celtics got a LOT of help from the refs in the 4th to get away with a win. I hope Miami SPANKS them, but hey the refs are in charge now. Time to eliminate the Roquettes and get to these San Diego Scrippers.

"San Diego Scrippers" - classic lol. Yeah Boston got lucky to survive that series, too bad there isn't real HCA because Game 7 would've been in Canada and i doubt the REFS would've been that 1 sided for Boston. Nuggets beat the Clippers which was surprising, that series is now 3-2. The longer that goes the better for the Lakers.
3Peatkb24

Postby Nycitylaker » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:52 pm

Sup fellas!?!? I had to chime in but.......THIS is the best Clipper team ever? Will our Lakers be rusty with the extra rest? Celtics v Lakers final or is Miami for real?

Hope you’re all well gents.
Nycitylaker

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:38 pm

Nuggets blew the Clippers out today :waaaaa: , now there is a Game 7, go Nuggets. Congrats to our Lakers dismantling the Rockets in 5, we are in the WCFinals for the 1st time since 2010 - let that sink in. :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:Sup fellas!?!? I had to chime in but.......THIS is the best Clipper team ever? Will our Lakers be rusty with the extra rest? Celtics v Lakers final or is Miami for real?

Hope you’re all well gents.

IS THIS YA KIIIINNNG???

IS THISS YAAA KING???

Clippers clearly can't close out. Lotta C's (no not bawstun) but they can't C-walk with their "LA loco gangsta crip" jerseys on.

As for Miami, they can certainly take Boston to 6 games if not more. So funny how our queries about LeBron's ability to navigate the West have come to a legendary head as he faces not only the pussy-ass wanna-be franchise but also staring down either a Lakers/Boston battle :swordfight: or a Miami Heat reunion.

The NBA. It's Faaaan-tastic.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:48 pm

"I've got 1,000 coaches. We have five analytical guys. I don't think there's anything we don't see," Doc Rivers said about the lineup data. "Sometimes watch the game and then add up that [plus/minus]. Just watch it before you make [a] critique."

:waaaaa:

:LOBtrophy: <---- I'm beginning to smell this.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 pm

lakerevolution wrote:"I've got 1,000 coaches. We have five analytical guys. I don't think there's anything we don't see," Doc Rivers said about the lineup data. "Sometimes watch the game and then add up that [plus/minus]. Just watch it before you make [a] critique."

Nuggets in 7 :waaaaa: :roflmao: "lol4: :Bartmoon:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:18 pm

ESPN -

"George has committed no less than four fouls in the three previous games with five fouls apiece in Games 4 and 5. Patrick Beverley also fouled out in 18 minutes in Game 6, putting a strain on Rivers' defensive rotation.

"PG can't get in foul trouble," Rivers said of needing his star guard in Game 7. "I think he's been in foul trouble at least two, maybe three of the games, and at times he's not even guarding one of your key guys. We've just got to keep him on the floor.

"The foul trouble by our guards, they have been very hurtful in this series, and not just the last two games. We've got to keep our guards on the floor, because if we don't, we've got to go to lineups defensively that are not desirable."

Hopefully our EXCELLENT coaching staff has seen the cracks in the sCrippers armor and is feeding the squad their daily dosages of how to sweep these clowns.

Or Denver could just win :weakout:

Speaking of our EXCELLENT staff . . .

https://www.nba.com/lakers/roster
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:33 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:"I've got 1,000 coaches. We have five analytical guys. I don't think there's anything we don't see," Doc Rivers said about the lineup data. "Sometimes watch the game and then add up that [plus/minus]. Just watch it before you make [a] critique."

Nuggets in 7 :waaaaa: :roflmao: "lol4: :Bartmoon:

I called it :roflmao: :waaaaa: "lol4: :rofl4: :silly3: :goofylaf: :D :Bartmoon: :beavis: :cheers: Goodbye Clippers, all talk and no action. Leonard and George both were bad tonight. Nuggets in a rout :lolflash:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:04 pm

The greatest night in Laker basketball since Kobe's last game . . and we didn't even play :waaaaa:

FUCK BOSTON. Shut down Tatum and Smart and they're a weak-ass team. Jokic and Dragic are playing better than Kawhi and PG, and Butler and Murray are out-performing Tatum and Smart. As long as we keep our defense strong and keep sharing the ball, THE NBA TITLE IS OURS!!!

#KobeGigi
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:40 pm

lakerevolution wrote:The greatest night in Laker basketball since Kobe's last game . . and we didn't even play :waaaaa:

FUCK BOSTON. Shut down Tatum and Smart and they're a weak-ass team. Jokic and Dragic are playing better than Kawhi and PG, and Butler and Murray are out-performing Tatum and Smart. As long as we keep our defense strong and keep sharing the ball, THE NBA TITLE IS OURS!!!

#KobeGigi

Clippers have now had 50 full seasons as a franchise and have 0 Conference Finals appearances. How is that even possible? This is a major choke job at its best! I got my karma finally for Leonard playing us like fools and not signing with the Lakers and PG crapping on Indy years ago, Karma is a bitch sometimes :pissedkobe: . I honestly haven't been this happy basketball wise since the Lakers beat the Celtics in the 2010 Finals. The Championship is ours to lose now, I don't see LeBron taking the Nuggets for granted after what just happened. Out of the teams that are left we are clearly the best team :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk