NBA has suspended season due to Coronavirus

NBA has suspended season due to Coronavirus

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:48 pm

No more NBA games for a while. Thoughts?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: NBA has suspended season due to Coronavirus

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:24 pm

#17 . . :weakout:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:49 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:No more NBA games for a while. Thoughts?

:Nutskick: :anfinger: :Nuggsmad: :nocomment: :cussblk:

HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?!! THIS SUCKS! STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY, MY BRETHREN.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:33 pm

This season, this year . . I'm not the only one feeling shellshocked, robbed, left in limbo . . good thing we have an extended family that will keep repping our Lakers forever. We went out on top and I trust that Jeannie and Rob will keep the flame lit for when we can return to the court.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:36 pm

lakerevolution wrote:This season, this year . . I'm not the only one feeling shellshocked, robbed, left in limbo . . good thing we have an extended family that will keep repping our Lakers forever. We went out on top and I trust that Jeannie and Rob will keep the flame lit for when we can return to the court.

I still seriously doubt they will cancel the season. Even if it started back up in May it could last through July and it wouldn't hurt the players. I guess it depends on how this Virus is handled over the next 2 months.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:48 am

Just popping in to report that although the planet has been mostly put on pause, I am fine and my family is healthy as well. 85% of businesses are closed - it's a sad sight on the streets - but my job is still going 100% so I'm splitting my time between managing my store and spending time with my family who are all at home due to work/school shutdowns.

I truly hope we can get back to basketball. This "virus" thing seems like a set-up or smoke screen for something more sinister. Will there be an election in November?

:imok:

:LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:26 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Just popping in to report that although the planet has been mostly put on pause, I am fine and my family is healthy as well. 85% of businesses are closed - it's a sad sight on the streets - but my job is still going 100% so I'm splitting my time between managing my store and spending time with my family who are all at home due to work/school shutdowns.

I truly hope we can get back to basketball. This "virus" thing seems like a set-up or smoke screen for something more sinister. Will there be an election in November?

:imok:

:LOBtrophy:

Howdy Rev. I am doing fine too. My mom and step-dad are doing good as well. I just talked to mom last night on the phone. I am still working, they haven't shut down my work. Where I am at they have shut almost everything down though. Gas stations and Grocery stores are open. All Restaurants, Bars, Malls, and regular stores are closed. Most businesses are closed as well. It is pretty quiet here.

I love our commissioner, he is the best. I have feeling he will find a way where the NBA season will complete this season just by hearing him talk. If it's playing without fans in the stands, I think he would ok it for example. I would be ok with it because IMO the Lakers have the best team in the league. The commish also mentioned that he would be willing to play in August if that is what it takes. Take care Brethren, wash your hands and watch who you are around.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:25 pm

The Mayor is battling serious health issues, so I am the Mayor for now. Election in a couple of weeks. I am going through some of the games since Kobe's death and still don't really care...............about the games.

Anyway, if ya wanna follow me:

http://www.valcarrwp.com
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:08 pm

Ha ha NUGGS!!! Look at you go! I fully expect you to keep the bars open :cheers:

The other bars "police2: can stay closed!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:40 pm

As of now in Indiana, only essential places are open. The Governor just issued a state wide shut down. I work in security and at a food plant so my job is essential. They won't shut down where I am at. Basically only Hospitals, Police still will work as will Fire fighters, Grocery stores, Gas stations, fast food places (drive thru only), pizza places (delivery only), are now open. Work places that deal with food or medicine remain open. As of now I am doing really well health wise. I have no symptoms of the virus. My mom and step-dad actually got tested and they are negative. They just stay at home and are doing fine. People just have to be smart and practice social distancing, wash their hands after using the bathroom, and spray your house down with Lysol. Lysol kills all germs even the CoronaVirus. Stay healthy Brethren.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:33 pm

I haven't had a second of rest since waaay before this virus thing -- I'm essential too (think automotive needs) and besides I'm no good at sitting around so work and more work is perfect for me. 60 to 70 hour weeks, tons of early mornings/late nights and team-building through this whole mess.

:drunk: :grouphug: :hardpush: :slamdunk:

Pretty much describes my life lately :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:22 am

lakerevolution wrote:I haven't had a second of rest since waaay before this virus thing -- I'm essential too (think automotive needs) and besides I'm no good at sitting around so work and more work is perfect for me. 60 to 70 hour weeks, tons of early mornings/late nights and team-building through this whole mess.

I am not letting this Virus run my life. I still live the same but wash my hands a bit more than I used too and I try to avoid people more (social distancing). Other than that I have lived no different than i have for the last 48 years. I have stocked up on food and drink but still eat fast food. I work around 40 - 50 people daily and 4 or 5 Security people that touch my keyboard, mouse, and company phone. Not 1 person is sick here where I work at. I deal with at least 10-20 truck drivers a day, none of them are sick. This whole thing sucks IMO, it is pneumonia and people get pneumonia with weak immune systems which leads to deaths in some. I refuse to let it run my life. By the way the orange hair man is sending us all a huge check, I will only get 1200 dollars but those that are married will get 2400 dollars + 500 dollars per kid. I guess it is better than nothing. With that 1200 I can pay off my last credit card :roflmao:

I have been watching tons of old Lakers games and Homer Simpson re-runs to kill time. Homer is fucking hilarious.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:37 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:I haven't had a second of rest since waaay before this virus thing -- I'm essential too (think automotive needs) and besides I'm no good at sitting around so work and more work is perfect for me. 60 to 70 hour weeks, tons of early mornings/late nights and team-building through this whole mess.

I am not letting this Virus run my life. I still live the same but wash my hands a bit more than I used too and I try to avoid people more (social distancing). Other than that I have lived no different than i have for the last 48 years. I have stocked up on food and drink but still eat fast food. I work around 40 - 50 people daily and 4 or 5 Security people that touch my keyboard, mouse, and company phone. Not 1 person is sick here where I work at. I deal with at least 10-20 truck drivers a day, none of them are sick. This whole thing sucks IMO, it is pneumonia and people get pneumonia with weak immune systems which leads to deaths in some. I refuse to let it run my life. By the way the orange hair man is sending us all a huge check, I will only get 1200 dollars but those that are married will get 2400 dollars + 500 dollars per kid. I guess it is better than nothing. With that 1200 I can pay off my last credit card :roflmao:

I have been watching tons of old Lakers games and Homer Simpson re-runs to kill time. Homer is fucking hilarious.

I probably have the CoronaVirus and don't even know it. I have no symptoms so I can't get tested. My work won't shut down so I am forced in basically but everyone I come across seems not sick at least like I posted above. I wonder if I can sue my work if I do get sick since they refuse to shut down. I would rather stay at home if I had to choose but I refuse to let this run my life.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:14 am

I work for Auto Zone and we are an ESSENTIAL provider of goods and services so I've been busy captaining this retail corporate ship and sailing through unforseen waters. Still healthy, nobody I know directly has suffered from the virus and my home is stocked with plenty of food and toiletries. :hardpush:

Inconceivable that #17 was eclipsed by this confusing pandemic but hey we want to do what we can until we can do what we want to :huh:

BAMF!!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:03 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I work for Auto Zone and we are an ESSENTIAL provider of goods and services so I've been busy captaining this retail corporate ship and sailing through unforseen waters. Still healthy, nobody I know directly has suffered from the virus and my home is stocked with plenty of food and toiletries. :hardpush:

Inconceivable that #17 was eclipsed by this confusing pandemic but hey we want to do what we can until we can do what we want to :huh:

BAMF!!!

I have been working a lot too Rev. I am in the security field and have been logging in 65-70 hours a week. Making really good money. I had 30 hours of OT last week! That was a huge check

I am not sure what to make of this virus? Everyday all you read about is more people testing positive and there are more deaths. So it is a pandemic, having said that, like you I have not come across anyone that is sick. I don't know anyone personally that has tested positive either. I am perfectly fine as well. I work around a lot of people so I am at a high risk as is everyone at work. As of now still not 1 person as been confirmed as testing positive where I work at. Anyway take care Brethren, be safe. By the way I got my stimulus check today, 1200 as promised direct deposited :rthup:
3Peatkb24

Next

Return to LakerTalk