Gm 40: Pelicans at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 40: Pelicans at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:36 am

lakerevolution wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:No Kobe and no Unibrow gives our youngsters an excellent opportunity to let it all hang out and come up with a win, so that's what I'm expecting, for them.

Never give up, it's both a team effort and which individual is hot on any given night. We're still missing two all-starrish-caliber pieces (to replace Kobe and Hibbert), but I think we have the 4-5 players we need to get 30+ wins next season - or more. Now who wants to be a Laker?

People keep bringing up Hibbert as if he is a stiff but yet when I bring up we should've drafted Okafor it gets debunked. We needed someone in the middle not named Sacre. Had we drafted Okafor, Hibbert would've never been in our equation moving forward. We already have Clarkson who can play PG so why draft another PG who isnt as good and go with a stiff Center then? Imagine what kind of lineup we could've had next year with Clarkson, Williams who can score the ball as well anyone in the league, Derozan, Randle, and Okafor after a year under his belt. I am not going to dwell on it because we have who we have but just saying.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:19 am

D'Angelo is going to be the next Lillard, D. Williams, CP3. Remember, big men are easier to find than court facilitators who can get their own shot. Hibbert's a stiff but we're still playing with house money as we dig out of the cellar, so be patient!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:42 am

lakerevolution wrote:D'Angelo is going to be the next Lillard, D. Williams, CP3. Remember, big men are easier to find than court facilitators who can get their own shot. Hibbert's a stiff but we're still playing with house money as we dig out of the cellar, so be patient!

I think Russell will be good actually in time but you have to admit I have great points. Hibbert is twice as good as Sacre, that isn't saying much but we needed someone for at least this season to play Center. If you look at Hibbert's career he isn't a stiff in reality and his stats would prove me right. He was also on a Pacers team that went to 2 straight ECFinals and was a key part of that. He has had at worse an Above Average career. Sacre is the definition of a stiff.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:46 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:People keep bringing up Hibbert as if he is a stiff but yet when I bring up we should've drafted Okafor it gets debunked. We needed someone in the middle not named Sacre. Had we drafted Okafor, Hibbert would've never been in our equation moving forward. We already have Clarkson who can play PG so why draft another PG who isnt as good and go with a stiff Center then? Imagine what kind of lineup we could've had next year with Clarkson, Williams who can score the ball as well anyone in the league, Derozan, Randle, and Okafor after a year under his belt. I am not going to dwell on it because we have who we have but just saying.

First of all, Hibbert is a stiff. He's horrible. He has no offensive game, can only dunk if he is wide open and his defense is just OK. As for passing on Okafor, while I would have preferred him, he's a low post big like Randle, only obvisouly more talented in terms of putting the ball in the basket. However, he isn't as good a rebounder as Randle and he will never be a great defender (where Randle has the potential to improve greatly at that end because he is much more athletic than Okafor), so his upside is limited whereas D'Angelo Russell's is through the roof. The fact that the Sixers have only won 4 games speaks volumes to me in terms of him being a difference maker. D-lo is beginning to figure out NBA defenses and is becoming a better defender himself. His confidence keeps improving. It's too bad this ankle injury got in the way. Jordan Clarkson is not really a point guard; he's a combo guard and truthfully I see him with a limited ceiling. His trade value could be high, too.

Hibbert's value is as a rim protector and, much more important than that, as a huge expiring contract/potential trade chip. I have no problem whatsoever the direction the Lakers are headed. If a mistake was made on draft day, it was Porzingus, not Okafor, but I'm glad that Phil and Derek got him at least.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:40 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:People keep bringing up Hibbert as if he is a stiff but yet when I bring up we should've drafted Okafor it gets debunked. We needed someone in the middle not named Sacre. Had we drafted Okafor, Hibbert would've never been in our equation moving forward. We already have Clarkson who can play PG so why draft another PG who isnt as good and go with a stiff Center then? Imagine what kind of lineup we could've had next year with Clarkson, Williams who can score the ball as well anyone in the league, Derozan, Randle, and Okafor after a year under his belt. I am not going to dwell on it because we have who we have but just saying.

First of all, Hibbert is a stiff. He's horrible. He has no offensive game, can only dunk if he is wide open and his defense is just OK. As for passing on Okafor, while I would have preferred him, he's a low post big like Randle, only obvisouly more talented in terms of putting the ball in the basket. However, he isn't as good a rebounder as Randle and he will never be a great defender (where Randle has the potential to improve greatly at that end because he is much more athletic than Okafor), so his upside is limited whereas D'Angelo Russell's is through the roof. The fact that the Sixers have only won 4 games speaks volumes to me in terms of him being a difference maker. D-lo is beginning to figure out NBA defenses and is becoming a better defender himself. His confidence keeps improving. It's too bad this ankle injury got in the way. Jordan Clarkson is not really a point guard; he's a combo guard and truthfully I see him with a limited ceiling. His trade value could be high, too.

Hibbert's value is as a rim protector and, much more important than that, as a huge expiring contract/potential trade chip. I have no problem whatsoever the direction the Lakers are headed. If a mistake was made on draft day, it was Porzingus, not Okafor, but I'm glad that Phil and Derek got him at least.

This is right on point. Great post Kenny!

Okafor doesnt fit in this new NBA. He has too many bad attributes (poor shooter with no range, non-athletic, bad free throw shooter, no hops, limited upside, etc....) If he's not around the basket, he's not making the shot. Defenses can sag off of him and force him to shoot from the outside where he sucks.

Unfortunately I'm afraid that Clarkson is already close to his ceiling. I don't see him going to another level. (I hope I'm wrong)

The funny thing about this is that I just read that Philly is willing to trade Okafor for Clarkson. That would be great for 3-Peat. Then he would have both Okafor & Russell. LOL

Btw, Porzingis was the steal of the draft so far!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

This is right on point. Great post Kenny!

Okafor doesnt fit in this new NBA. He has too many bad attributes (poor shooter with no range, non-athletic, bad free throw shooter, no hops, limited upside, etc....) If he's not around the basket, he's not making the shot. Defenses can sag off of him and force him to shoot from the outside where he sucks.

Unfortunately I'm afraid that Clarkson is already close to his ceiling. I don't see him going to another level. (I hope I'm wrong)

The funny thing about this is that I just read that Philly is willing to trade Okafor for Clarkson. That would be great for 3-Peat. Then he would have both Okafor & Russell. LOL

Btw, Porzingis was the steal of the draft so far!

Yes I would do that trade in a minute. To have a young nucleus of Russell, Randle, Nance, and Okafor would make me very happy. We then could get rid of Hibbert's contract because we would have a legit Center that isn't a "Stiff" that can score inside. Throw a player like Derozan in with those guys I mentioned then we may really have something brewing. Porzingis is proving us all wrong, he has pretty good game.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk