Game 19: 11/29/19 Wizards at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 19: 11/29/19 Wizards at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:23 am

(6-10) WIZARDS AT LAKERS (16-2)

Friday, November 29, 2019, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Rodney Mott (#71), Kevin Cutler (#34), Phenizee Ransom (#70)

Replay Center: Matt Boland, Nick Buchert, Brian Forte, Marat Kogut, Natalie Sago, Natalie Sago, Josh Tiven

Line: Lakers -11.5

National TV: NBATV
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: WIZARDS AT LAKERS

by NBA.com

No NBA team is hotter than the Los Angeles Lakers. Anthony Davis is a big reason why.

The 6-foot-10 forward and the Lakers will attempt to extend their sizzling run Friday when they host the Washington Wizards.

The Lakers are riding a nine-game winning streak after Davis scored 41 points and grabbed nine rebounds in a 114-110 win over his former team, the New Orleans Pelicans, on Wednesday night.

It was the first matchup between the two clubs since the Pelicans traded Davis to the Lakers for Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart and draft picks.

"Anytime you go back to a place where you've made a mark and you started your career and you've played significant minutes and gave a lot to the community and gave a lot to the franchise, you want to come back and play well and you want to win," said LeBron James, who finished with 29 points, 11 assists and five rebounds in the victory, according to the Orange County Register.

A late steal and three free throws by Davis in the final seconds allowed the Lakers to capture their 16th win in 17 games.

"He performed unbelievably," Lakers coach Frank Vogel said of Davis. "It was a tough environment, getting booed every time he touched the basketball, playing against a bunch of guys that know him, playing against a coach that knows him. And he put all that stuff aside, blocked out the noise and rose to the challenge and had a great game."

Davis has been crucial to the Lakers' run. He averages 26.1 points, nine rebounds and 3.6 assists per game. In his past five contests, Davis has averaged 29.8 points. The six-time All-Star leads the league in blocks at 2.8 per game and is tied for ninth in steals at 1.6 per game.

The Wizards also are coming off a win, a 140-132 decision over the Suns in Phoenix on Wednesday. Bradley Beal scored 35 points on 11-of-18 shooting, including 4 of 6 treys, while Thomas Bryant, a former Laker, added 23 points and nine rebounds for the Wizards, the NBA's second highest scoring team at 119.4 points per outing behind the Milwaukee Bucks.

Ish Smith scored 21 points and recorded seven assists off the bench.

The Wizards bounced back after a 117-104 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday, a result that prompted Washington coach Scott Brooks to criticize his team's performance.

"It's probably the first time he's done it all year," said Beal, the NBA's fourth-leading scorer at 28.9 points per game, according to the Washington Post. "It was definitely well needed for everybody."

The Friday game will feature another reunion of former Lakers. Moritz Wagner and Isaac Bonga were traded to Washington last summer to clear cap room to acquire Davis. Point guard Isaiah Thomas played 17 games for Los Angeles during the 2017-18 season.

Wagner has been a key reserve, averaging 12.3 points for the Wizards' second unit, which is averaging 48.3 points per game. That ranks second in the NBA, with only the Los Angeles Clippers (52.7 points per game) getting more from their bench.

"We've got playmakers," said forward Davis Bertans, who scored 16 of the Wizards' 59 points by the reserves in the win over the Suns, according to the Post. "We get in the lane and have shooters, so I think that's good for us."

https://www.nba.com/games/20191129/WASLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 19: 11/29/19 Wizards at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Nycitylaker » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:17 pm

Lakers seem to always be THIS CLOSE to a bad loss. Will it be tonight? Nah! Also, as of this writing the Celtics are 7 down to the Nets with 3:24 to go in the 4th. Did i just jinx the Nets?

LFGL
Nycitylaker

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:52 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:Lakers seem to always be THIS CLOSE to a bad loss. Will it be tonight? Nah! Also, as of this writing the Celtics are 7 down to the Nets with 3:24 to go in the 4th. Did i just jinx the Nets?

LFGL

Celtics lose. But yeah we're ripe to drop one or two to one of these uppity squads if and when they catch us on a good night. Or day. Kinda weird being the toast of the NBA so suddenly . . it's faaaaaaan-tastic though!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:19 pm

I do not see us losing this one, we would really have to play bad and the Wizards would have to play out of their ass :roflmao: . Lakers by 10 IMO.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:32 pm

My concerns are that this is the first home game after a road trip and T Bryant, Mo Wagner and Isaac Bonga will be motivated. But those are just concerns.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:26 pm

Boys, we're witnessing a perfect storm. If LeBron was younger this whole thing would be mouthwatering but as long as he feels good and gets to sit out entire fourth quaters, we should be ok. I think we're a solid team without him on the floor - though Kuz, Rajon and Caruso would have to step up bigtime. Rajon 3 of 4 from downtown? Crazy. And our twin towers of Dwight and JaVale are simply too much for other teams' paint protectors. What a way to start a season!!! All these wins have been EXCELLENT practice for when we have to play the big boys . . although through 19 games I don't see any other team that has been as consistent as us. It's a game of runs, and a season of runs . . and we're already locked in and in a groove. Health above everything. Kuzma needs to wear high tops.

If we get to 30-5 I'm wearing yellow and purple every frickin day.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:48 am

17-2 through 19 games and a 10 game winning streak. The Lakers are rolling. Couldn't ask for a better start to the season.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:49 am

lakerevolution wrote:Boys, we're witnessing a perfect storm. If LeBron was younger this whole thing would be mouthwatering but as long as he feels good and gets to sit out entire fourth quaters, we should be ok. I think we're a solid team without him on the floor - though Kuz, Rajon and Caruso would have to step up bigtime. Rajon 3 of 4 from downtown? Crazy. And our twin towers of Dwight and JaVale are simply too much for other teams' paint protectors. What a way to start a season!!! All these wins have been EXCELLENT practice for when we have to play the big boys . . although through 19 games I don't see any other team that has been as consistent as us. It's a game of runs, and a season of runs . . and we're already locked in and in a groove. Health above everything. Kuzma needs to wear high tops.

Is it me or are we ridiculous? We should get Avery Bradley back soon, too. And of course there's that possible Iggy thing lingering in the background somewhere. I gotta say, Boogie looks fat again. That's all I have to say about that.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:21 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Boys, we're witnessing a perfect storm. If LeBron was younger this whole thing would be mouthwatering but as long as he feels good and gets to sit out entire fourth quaters, we should be ok. I think we're a solid team without him on the floor - though Kuz, Rajon and Caruso would have to step up bigtime. Rajon 3 of 4 from downtown? Crazy. And our twin towers of Dwight and JaVale are simply too much for other teams' paint protectors. What a way to start a season!!! All these wins have been EXCELLENT practice for when we have to play the big boys . . although through 19 games I don't see any other team that has been as consistent as us. It's a game of runs, and a season of runs . . and we're already locked in and in a groove. Health above everything. Kuzma needs to wear high tops.

Is it me or are we ridiculous? We should get Avery Bradley back soon, too. And of course there's that possible Iggy thing lingering in the background somewhere. I gotta say, Boogie looks fat again. That's all I have to say about that.

Someone like Iggy would give us a dream team. He can guard either George or Leonard well on any given night. 17-2 is unreal. I love it!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:39 pm

I posted an article about Iggy coming here . . it seems unlikely unless we give Memphis something serious. Is he injured, or what?
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:48 am

lakerevolution wrote:I posted an article about Iggy coming here . . it seems unlikely unless we give Memphis something serious. Is he injured, or what?

No, he doesn't want to play there and they agreed to let him rot until they found a trade partner or bought him out. My understanding is that the GMs are pissed because they already got a #1 pick to take on his contract, so they don't want to give Memphis another one for him. Also, it's difficult to match salaries without giving up value. Plus the word is that Iggy wants to play for the Lakers or Clippers (preferably us), so he could just tell any other team he's retiring. Usually guys like Iggy get bought out per their request and get to choose their destination, so what Memphis is doing appears to violate the unwritten rules that are sacred in the Association.
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk