Game 65: 03/06/19 Nuggets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 65: 03/06/19 Nuggets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 am

(42-21) NUGGETS AT LAKERS (30-34)

Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Ken Mauer (#41), James Williams (#60), Aaron Smith (#51)

Replay Center: Jacyn Goble, Derek Richardson, Natalie Sago, Josh Tiven

Line: Nuggets -5.5

National TV: ESPN Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: NUGGETS AT LAKERS

by NBA.com

Perhaps no team on the outside of the playoff picture gets more scrutiny and attention than the Los Angeles Lakers.

The New York Knicks had an 18-game losing streak earlier this season, but it wasn't as analyzed as what is going on with LeBron James & Co.

One reason -- James hasn't been on a losing team since his rookie year. But in his first season with Los Angeles, James is not only unlikely to reach the NBA Finals for the ninth straight year, but his team is in serious danger of not making the playoffs at all.

The Lakers (30-34) are 5 1/2 games behind San Antonio for the eighth seed in the Western Conference entering Wednesday's game against the Denver Nuggets. They have lost nine of their last 12, including a crucial matchup against their Staples Center roommates, the Clippers, on Monday night.

Now they have to face one of the surprise teams in the West. The Lakers and Nuggets have split their two games this season, each winning at home, and both enter Wednesday's matchup in a downswing. Denver has lost three straight and is coming off a 104-103 loss at San Antonio on Monday that came down to the last possession.

The Nuggets have lost three straight for the third time this season, but they have always bounced back. After dropping four in a row and six of seven in November, they ripped off an 11-2 run. An early February losing streak was followed by five wins in a row.

Denver has weathered adversity before, and head coach Michael Malone is confident that can happen again.

"This is good for us," Malone said after Monday's loss. "As much as we hate to go through it -- losing three in a row, this kind of failure -- if we're willing to learn from it, can be a positive. Let's see what kind of fight we have, let's see what kind of resolve we have."

One of the Nuggets' issues is shaping a healthy roster. Since guards Gary Harris, Isaiah Thomas and forward Paul Millsap have returned, Denver has struggled to find some rhythm.

The Lakers' struggles began when James missed 18 games earlier this season, going 6-12. They have struggled to find consistency since, going 3-8 since he returned to the lineup full-time.

But James isn't the only one to miss time. Rajon Rondo, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram, to name a few, have also been knocked out by injuries.

Ball hasn't played since Jan. 19, and Ingram was out Monday after experiencing pain in his right shoulder following the morning shootaround. Then in the fourth quarter, Kuzma left the game after rolling his right ankle. Kuzma won't play Wednesday, while Ingram is questionable.

"Haven't been part of a season with this 1/8many 3/8 injuries to all of our key guys," James said after the game. "To big, big key guys."

The Nuggets won't feel sorry for them. They played long stretches of the season without their opening-night starting five. Saturday's loss to New Orleans was just the third time that lineup started a game this season.

Both teams want to turn things around when they play at Staples Center on Wednesday. For Denver, it means strengthening its hold on the No. 2 spot in the West ahead of a showdown at Golden State on Friday night.

For the Lakers, it means just staying alive for a chance to make the playoffs.

http://www.nba.com/games/20190306/DENLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 65: 03/06/19 Nuggets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:21 am

"Lakers head coach Luke Walton has been on the hot seat all season, and the expectation is he’ll be fired after the season, which is something LeBron’s camp wants. I’ll bet you can’t guess who wants to be considered for the job. Yes, Mark Jackson, who is represented by LeBron’s agent, has been mentioned as a candidate. He’s made some other biased comments during a game on ESPN in the past that were aimed at improving the Lakers."

Another Warriors reject? Hmm. Rondo disrespecting the bench, the whole world is mixed up right now.

Go Lakers!!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:05 am

lakerevolution wrote:"Lakers head coach Luke Walton has been on the hot seat all season, and the expectation is he’ll be fired after the season, which is something LeBron’s camp wants. I’ll bet you can’t guess who wants to be considered for the job. Yes, Mark Jackson, who is represented by LeBron’s agent, has been mentioned as a candidate. He’s made some other biased comments during a game on ESPN in the past that were aimed at improving the Lakers."

Another Warriors reject? Hmm. Rondo disrespecting the bench, the whole world is mixed up right now.

Go Lakers!!!

I figured we would get blown out tonight. Season is over anyway. Luke will be gone but I am not a fan of Mark Jackson coaching the team. When he played for the Pacers I thought he was a good PointG for Reggie to have, but as a coach I have heard guys like Curry and Green did not like him. Kerr takes over and they turn into a dynasty over night if that tells people anything.

We may have to go into the college ranks to get our coach. I like Jay Wright for example from Villanova.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Caruso > Rondo . God this season has been hard on me
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Caruso > Rondo . God this season has been hard on me

Worse than the Nash-Howard season because at least we got to see a real superstar (at the same age) go into "playoff mode" and actually guide us into the playoffs.

The real hard part is how fucked we are going to be this summer. Magic has destroyed our reputation. He needs to step down.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:34 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Worse than the Nash-Howard season because at least we got to see a real superstar (at the same age) go into "playoff mode" and actually guide us into the playoffs.

The real hard part is how fucked we are going to be this summer. Magic has destroyed our reputation. He needs to step down.

Before I say he is a failure as a GM, I have to wait and see how this summer goes first. If we get doo doo this summer then yes he is a fail. He is still the best player the franchise has ever had, to me it is not even much of a debate. He was the best player on all the Lakers Title teams even as a rookie over Kareem. Kobe wasn't better either IMO. 9 Finals 12 years says so and the same amount of Titles with 5 as Kobe.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:33 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Why should Magic step down? I don't blame him for any of this. Hear me out, he didn't hire Luke Walton, he went and got the so-called GOAT to sign in LA, he is responsible for drafting Ball and Kuzma as well = 2 good draft picks. It isn't Magic's fault that Luke can't coach his fucking way out of a paper bag, that Ball gets injured all the time and can't stay on the court, and the so-called GOAT can't even get a team to an 8 seed and into the playoffs. We have a playoff roster put together actually. I blame LeBron and coaching more than anything for this disaster and the fact Ball can't stay healthy which is unacceptable for someone that is 21 years old.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk