Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:16 am

(36-29) CLIPPERS AT LAKERS (30-33)

Monday, March 4, 2019, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Rodney Mott (#71), Mark Lindsay (#29), Jonathan Sterling (#17)

Replay Center: Bill Kennedy, Marat Kogut, Leon Wood

Line: Lakers -4

National TV: NBA TV Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet, FoxSportsWest (Bingo!)

Image

Image

GAME PREVIEW: CLIPPERS AT LAKERS


by NBA.com

The Los Angeles Lakers were expected to make a playoff push when LeBron James returned from injury a month ago, but they're still heading in the wrong direction.

The Lakers are 4-7 in games James has played since returned from a 17-game absence because of a groin injury, and they have lost four of five heading into a pivotal matchup Monday night against the visiting Los Angeles Clippers.

The Lakers are 4 1/2 games behind the eighth-place San Antonio Spurs and five games back of the Clippers in the Western Conference. The Lakers have 19 games left, the Spurs 18 and the Clippers 17.

"It's just unfortunate, with the opportunity that we've had, we haven't been able to seize that opportunity," James said after a particularly frustrating loss Saturday night at the Phoenix Suns, the only NBA team that's been mathematically eliminated from the postseason.

The Lakers have made a habit of falling into early holes and then trying to claw out in the fourth quarter. They have won 10 games this season in which they trailed by 10 or more points.

Los Angeles trailed the Suns by 19 points in the fourth quarter on Saturday before cutting the deficit to five with just under four minutes left. James missed two free throws that would have pulled the Lakers within three with 47.4 seconds left and the Suns held on for a 118-109 victory, just their second win since mid-January.

"I am happy with the fight we showed in the fourth quarter, but with where we're at in the season that's the desperation we need to start the game with," said Lakers coach Luke Walton.

James said he doesn't bother looking at the standings, mainly because they're so fluid from day to day.

"You've just to go out and do your job and try to do it at a high level for 48 minutes," he said. "And then see what happens at the end of that."

The Clippers were active at the Feb. 7 trade deadline and are 6-3 since retooling their lineup.

Ivica Zubac and Landry Shamet, who will each turn 22 this month, are two of the players the Clippers acquired last month. Also in the starting lineup is 20-year-old Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, giving the Clippers one of the youngest starting fives in the NBA.

Shamet broke the team's rookie record with seven 3-pointers in a 128-107 win against the visiting New York Knicks on Sunday. He set the record in the first half, when he shot 7-for-10 from beyond the arc, the most 3s made by an NBA rookie in a half since 2002-03.

Shamet helped the Clippers score 82 points in the opening two quarters, the most by the franchise since April 14, 1984.

The Clippers are in a stretch of eight straight games inside Staples Center, with Sunday's game the only one as visitor.

Clippers coach Doc Rivers told Fox Sports Prime Ticket before the win against New York that now is not the time to get comfortable.

"Just because you're at home, you still play tough teams," Rivers said. "The bottom line for us, we have to win games. ... We have not played great at home, so let's turn that around."


http://www.nba.com/games/20190304/LACLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 316 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:17 am

We're FAVORED?!!! Third game in four nights? I really should start betting.

Just put us out of our misery already. Yeah, I'm a Negative Nellie. Sell the fucking team.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 316 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:58 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:We're FAVORED?!!! Third game in four nights? I really should start betting.

Just put us out of our misery already. Yeah, I'm a Negative Nellie. Sell the fucking team.


Yeah it is pretty tough to be positive right now about the Lakers that is for sure. I can't wait for Baseball to start + we have Free Agency in Football coming up shortly too :rthup:
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6016
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:07 pm



Tank time. I'm watching The Bachelor. Fuck this shit. I don't feel like watching young Ivica Zubac destroy us tonight.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 316 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Tank time. I'm watching The Bachelor. Fuck this shit. I don't feel like watching young Ivica Zubac destroy us tonight.


"I'm watching the Bachelor" :waaaaa:, I do not blame you. I am actually at work and afraid to check the score :roflmao:. My go to is the Munsters "lol4:
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6016
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:16 pm

All season I've pondered the lack of minutes for Lance, KCP and (since we got him) Chandler. Are they not worthy? Garbage? Taking half the season off? I swear the Lakers seem more and more like the Raiders -- a place where talented vets go to die. I agree with Kenny - if something tremendous doesn't happen next year, it's time to sell the farm. Even the best of Laker Past can't seem to create a competitive Laker Future.
Last edited by lakerevolution on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 350 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Tank time. I'm watching The Bachelor. Fuck this shit. I don't feel like watching young Ivica Zubac destroy us tonight.


"I'm watching the Bachelor" :waaaaa:, I do not blame you. I am actually at work and afraid to check the score :roflmao:. My go to is the Munsters "lol4:


And by the way guys, your taste in television sucks :waaaaa: . Put on a Ridley Scott movie or something!!
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 350 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:44 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Tank time. I'm watching The Bachelor. Fuck this shit. I don't feel like watching young Ivica Zubac destroy us tonight.


"I'm watching the Bachelor" :waaaaa:, I do not blame you. I am actually at work and afraid to check the score :roflmao:. My go to is the Munsters "lol4:


And by the way guys, your taste in television sucks :waaaaa: . Put on a Ridley Scott movie or something!!


:waaaaa: . Munsters rule man :beavis:. Better than watching the Lakers mess. The season is officially over after this loss.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6016
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:09 am

I just got home from work and have my Cheeseburger ready to eat from Steak N Shake with a big Fry, and a Chocolate Shake. Ready to eat and watch the Munsters WooHoo :roflmao: :waaaaa: "lol4: :rofl4: :clap-1: :silly3:
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6016
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:36 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I just got home from work and have my Cheeseburger ready to eat from Steak N Shake with a big Fry, and a Chocolate Shake. Ready to eat and watch the Munsters WooHoo :roflmao: :waaaaa: "lol4: :rofl4: :clap-1: :silly3:


Watching Lily Munster is like watching porn compared to watching these games. I'm stuck going to the game tomorrow night. Have no desire or interest, but it's always fun to hang out with Scott.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 316 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:36 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I just got home from work and have my Cheeseburger ready to eat from Steak N Shake with a big Fry, and a Chocolate Shake. Ready to eat and watch the Munsters WooHoo :roflmao: :waaaaa: "lol4: :rofl4: :clap-1: :silly3:


Watching Lily Munster is like watching porn compared to watching these games. I'm stuck going to the game tomorrow night. Have no desire or interest, but it's always fun to hang out with Scott.


"Watching Lily Munster is like watching porn" :waaaaa: . Yes it is :roflmao: . Yeah I would go ahead and go eventhough these games just become more and more disappointing. You get to go with Scott and have a few beers so I would go.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6016
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:09 pm

Have you guys ever seen Lily Munster in a bikini? That is great stuff! :silly3:
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6016
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Game 64: 03/04/19 Clippers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:34 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Have you guys ever seen Lily Munster in a bikini? That is great stuff! :silly3:


Yvonne DeCarlo pin-up, yes she was pretty stacked in her spider-web bikini :silly3:
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 350 times


Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron