Game 12: 11/10/18 Lakers at Queens GAME THREAD

Game 12: 11/10/18 Lakers at Queens GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 am

(5-6) LAKERS at QUEENS (7-5)

Saturday, November 10, 2018, 7:00 PM PDT
Golden 1 Center • Sacramento, CA

Referees: John Goble (#30), Tyler Ford (#39), Leon Wood (#40)

Replay Center: Bennie Adams, Kane Fitzgerald, Karl Lane, Justin Van Duyne

Line: Lakers -5.5

Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT QUEENS

by nba.com

SACRAMENTO -- LeBron James will make his first visit to the California capital as a state resident Saturday night when the Los Angeles Lakers take on the Sacramento Kings.

The four-time NBA Most Valuable Player has performed 13 times in Sacramento for the Cleveland Cavaliers and Miami Heat in the past 15 seasons, winning nine times.

His last visit was a personal success when he recorded a triple-double with 16 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists last December, but the Kings prevailed over Cleveland 109-95 behind 24 points from another NBA legend, Vince Carter.

James will make two visits to Sacramento this season as a new member of the Western Conference. The Lakers will return on Dec. 27.

This time around, James will go up against a Kings team that will be playing the second night of a home back-to-back.

The opener of the set went well, with Willie Cauley-Stein pouring in 25 points while De'Aaron Fox and Buddy Hield contributed double-doubles to a 121-110 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Sacramento's balance helped overcome a 39-point, 19-rebound explosion by Minnesota's Karl-Anthony Towns.

The Kings have improved their depth of late with the addition of two-way player Troy Williams to the regular rotation.

He was called upon for 20 minutes off the bench in the Minnesota game, chipping in with eight points and three rebounds.

There's no ideal matchup for James, but at 6-foot-7, Williams has the body to be given a shot.

"He has size, he can jump over somebody, shoot the ball (and) he's physical," Kings coach Dave Joerger said this week. "I think he gives us something a little bit different to do some flexibility things."

The Lakers also feature a bit of a new look with veteran center Tyson Chandler having been added as a free agent earlier this week after being bought out by the Phoenix Suns.

The 36-year-old California native combined with starter JaVale McGee to give the Lakers 18 points and 12 rebounds out of the center position in Wednesday's 114-110 home win over Minnesota.

"I think it helps stabilize us," Lakers coach Luke Walton said of the addition of Chandler, who put in 23 minutes in his Los Angeles debut. "I think it will help make us more of the consistent type of team we want to be defensively and rebounding."

James had 24 points, Kyle Kuzma 21 and Brandon Ingram 20 in the win.

The Lakers, who have won five of eight after an 0-3 start, prevailed in their most recent visit to Sacramento, riding a season-best, 34-point night from Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to a 113-108 win last February.

Los Angeles likely will be without starting point guard Lonzo Ball, who sprained an ankle at practice Friday.

He recorded double-doubles in both meetings with the Kings last season as a rookie, including a rare rebounds/assists double-double (11 of each) in a home win last January.

The injury, which isn't considered serious, occurred when Ball stepped on a teammate's foot during Friday's team workout.

http://www.nba.com/games/20181110/LALSAC#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 12: 11/10/18 Lakers at Queens GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:01 pm

As usual I will miss this game because it's a late Saturday night game due to work early in the morning. Wasn't it just a few years ago we only played like 1 game all year on Saturday night, now it seems we play on Saturday night all the time. I fully expect a win here and to get back to .500. I will take 6-6 through 12 games considering our team is still learning how to play with each other.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:59 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:As usual I will miss this game because it's a late Saturday night game due to work early in the morning. Wasn't it just a few years ago we only played like 1 game all year on Saturday night, now it seems we play on Saturday night all the time. I fully expect a win here and to get back to .500. I will take 6-6 through 12 games considering our team is still learning how to play one another.

The Queens are playing well and have played well against us the last few seasons. I am not counting on a W at all, especially if Lonzo is out. For some reason the oddsmakers have made us 5.5 point favorites though. We'll see.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:47 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:As usual I will miss this game because it's a late Saturday night game due to work early in the morning. Wasn't it just a few years ago we only played like 1 game all year on Saturday night, now it seems we play on Saturday night all the time. I fully expect a win here and to get back to .500. I will take 6-6 through 12 games considering our team is still learning how to play one another.

The Queens are playing well and have played well against us the last few seasons. I am not counting on a W at all, especially if Lonzo is out. For some reason the oddsmakers have made us 5.5 point favorites though. We'll see.

Lonzo is out but these are really the type of teams we should beat with LeBron on the team.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:50 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby Moos » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Fox vs. Ball.
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Moos wrote:Fox vs. Ball.

THERE YOU ARE, MY MAN!

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:30 am

Woke up to some good news for a change. Looks like we put a thumping on the Queens 101-86. Great stuff!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:18 am

Damn, fellas -- I've been so busy lately (in a good way) I completely slept on this game! I was actually at a sports bar last night watching the Bears vs. Trojans game and was clearly more into my tequila shots than checking on the Lakers!

That being said -- from the highlights and stats, it looks like we "did us" . . cutting off a really good fast-paced high-scoring team with hard-nosed transition defense and expertly rebounding on both ends. Tyson is a HUGE pickup, and with a healthy squad we can play this way and beat a lot of teams. Lonzo was building a brick house, and not everybody excelled on offense, so imagine if we were more polished from the field - we would have really smoked them. Luke has finally seemed to understand that defense wins games, and if the team commits to it on a permanent basis we will get and stay above .500 and then the "media buzz" will begin.
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:30 am

Damn, fellas -- I've been so busy lately (in a good way) I completely slept on this game! I was actually at a sports bar last night watching the Bears vs. Trojans game and was clearly more into my tequila shots than checking on the Lakers!

That being said -- from the highlights and stats, it looks like we "did us" . . cutting off a really good fast-paced high-scoring team with hard-nosed transition defense and expertly rebounding on both ends. Tyson is a HUGE pickup, and with a healthy squad we can play this way and beat a lot of teams. Lonzo was building a brick house, and not everybody excelled on offense, so imagine if we were more polished from the field - we would have really smoked them. Luke has finally seemed to understand that defense wins games, and if the team commits to it on a permanent basis we will get and stay above .500 and then the "media buzz" will begin.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lonzo has not really improved from his rookie year. And BI is the same as last year. No improvements.
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:33 am

I watched the entire game. It was by far our best 48 minute defensive effort of the infant season. With Tyson Chandler, we now have a formidable two headed monster at the center position which allows the rest of the switchy Lakers to do their jobs knowing that there's an anchor in the paint. In a very weird way, Chandler's immediate impact has been more noticeable than LeBron's. He changes what Luke can do over an entire game without worrying about paint/rim protection when Javale sits. The layup lines and flushing are going away and the perimeter D is tightening. With respect to the always scrutinized Lonzo Ball, with the exception of a couple of misfired passes and one or two defensive lapses, he played a solid game. I could care less about the least important part of his game right now .. his shot. He is our best perimeter defender .. better than Ingram, Hart, Rondo, KCP, LeBron .. you name it. It is quite noticeable and he will someday be a first team all-defensive player. So I disagree with Moos about Zo and I also disagree with him about BI. Remember, BI is learning how to play Robin right now. Great things will come this season! Great effort by everyone for 48 minutes last night! The outcome was never in doubt. 4 out of 5, baby! Let's make it 5 out of 6 tonight!
KobeMVP888

Postby Moos » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:19 am

I watched the entire game. It was by far our best 48 minute defensive effort of the infant season. With Tyson Chandler, we now have a formidable two headed monster at the center position which allows the rest of the switchy Lakers to do their jobs knowing that there's an anchor in the paint. In a very weird way, Chandler's immediate impact has been more noticeable than LeBron's. He changes what Luke can do over an entire game without worrying about paint/rim protection when Javale sits. The layup lines and flushing are going away and the perimeter D is tightening. With respect to the always scrutinized Lonzo Ball, with the exception of a couple of misfired passes and one or two defensive lapses, he played a solid game. I could care less about the least important part of his game right now .. his shot. He is our best perimeter defender .. better than Ingram, Hart, Rondo, KCP, LeBron .. you name it. It is quite noticeable and he will someday be a first team all-defensive player. So I disagree with Moos about Zo and I also disagree with him about BI. Remember, BI is learning how to play Robin right now. Great things will come this season! Great effort by everyone for 48 minutes last night! The outcome was never in doubt. 4 out of 5, baby! Let's make it 5 out of 6 tonight!

I didn't watch the game, I was out with the boys listening to the blues music and shooing pools at a club last night. We can always agree to disagree KobeMVP888... Six Lakers score in double-figures, and the defense came up big, holding the Kings to 35% shooting. A win is a "win" I'll it anyway I can get, bru.
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:54 am

Moos wrote:I didn't watch the game, I was out with the boys listening to the blues music and shooing pools at a club last night. We can always agree to disagree KobeMVP888... Six Lakers score in double-figures, and the defense came up big, holding the Kings to 35% shooting. A win is a "win" I'll it anyway I can get, bru.

Defense! What happened at the other end of the floor was inconsequential last night. Give me a defensive effort like last night every time and we'll win a lot of games. Lonzo Ball has an instinct for the game of basketball like few others. Brandon Ingram is developing into a complete modern day player. Both are very young and flawed, but growing up with every NBA game they play in. Same can be said of Kuz and Hart, although Hart's growth seems more accelerated than the others to my eyes. Things take time and I am pleased with what I am seeing, especially with the difficult LeBron Adjustment Stay tuned.

BTW, this is also true. Like Kobe when his career was winding down:

KobeMVP888

Postby Moos » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:15 pm

I didn't watch the game, I was out with the boys listening to the blues music and shooing pools at a club last night. We can always agree to disagree KobeMVP888... Six Lakers score in double-figures, and the defense came up big, holding the Kings to 35% shooting. A win is a "win" I'll it anyway I can get, bru.[/quote]

Defense! What happened at the other end of the floor was inconsequential last night. Give me a defensive effort like last night every time and we'll win a lot of games. Lonzo Ball has an instinct for the game of basketball like few others. Brandon Ingram is developing into a complete modern day player. Both are very young and flawed, but growing up with every NBA game they play in. Same can be said of Kuz and Hart, although Hart's growth seems more accelerated than the others to my eyes. Things take time and I am pleased with what I am seeing, especially with the difficult LeBron Adjustment Stay tuned.

BTW, this is also true. Like Kobe when his career was winding down:

[/quote]
--------------------------------------
I stay firm and corrected about Lo and BI. Although, I Like Kuz and Hart very much. They are the one that are vigorously developing with us right now. I am having a conversation with my uncle with respect to Kobe when he was 21.... dude was a superstar by then. See you soon at a Laker game staples center, Ken! And yes, defense win games! :clap-1: Enjoy watching some football games.
Moos

Return to LakerTalk