Glad we got Chandler and for many reasons

Glad we got Chandler and for many reasons

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm

1. His Defense, Lakers needed major help with their Interior Defense.

2. His Veteran Leadership - he has won a Championship and was a big reason why the Mavs won in 2011.

3. He has always been known as a great locker room guy.

4. Trying to play LeBron at the 5 at all was a huge mistake. He has no Post game and can't defend Centers. Why alot of Lakers fans in general thought LeBron could play the 5 and be Great at it is puzzling. He rarely has played Center in his entire career. LeBron actually needs to play the 3/SF. I remember when the Heat experimented playing LeBron at the 4/PF against Indy in the 2014 ECFinals and David West ate his lunch for a couple of games. When LeBron played the 3 and the Heat had Bosh and Birdman in as their Big's, the Pacers couldn't beat them because they had the length to Defend West and Hibbert. Magic could play some Center back in the day because he had a Post game.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Glad we got Chandler and for many reasons

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Here would by my starters:
PG Ball
SG Hart - can nail the 3, he and LeBron play well together.
SF LeBron
PF Kuzma - Stretch 4 that can nail the 3!
C McGee

-Then bring Ingram in as 6th man and play him at the 2 and 3 off and on (that is a Great 6th man to have), Chandler and McGee can split minutes at Center. I think LeBron and Hart have nice Chemistry going. Rondo is a nice backup to Ball. If Ingram or Hart are struggling, we always have Lance too that can play the 2 or 3. Lance is streaky Good and is a sparkplug! Not sure where KCP fits in??
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:27 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Here would by my starters:
PG Ball
SG Hart - can nail the 3, he and LeBron play well together.
SF LeBron
PF Kuzma - Stretch 4 that can nail the 3!
C McGee

-Then bring Ingram in as 6th man and play him at the 2 and 3 off and on (that is a Great 6th man to have), Chandler and McGee can split minutes at Center. I think LeBron and Hart have nice Chemistry going. Rondo is a nice backup to Ball. If Ingram or Hart are struggling, we always have Lance too that can play the 2 or 3. Lance is streaky Good and is a sparkplug! Not sure where KCP fits in??

I would still swap out Ingram for Kuzma. Ingram is a "better" player and LeBron is just fine at the 4 in today's NBA. Truthfully, Chandler would be the better starter with LeBron at the 4 because he is much stronger than McGee. Not only that, but Rondo, KCP, Kuzma, McGee (with some Lance or maybe even Beasley sprinkled in there, I suppose) would be an experienced, energetic, dynamic bench.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:02 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:1. His Defense, Lakers needed major help with their Interior Defense.

2. His Veteran Leadership - he has won a Championship and was a big reason why the Mavs won in 2011.

3. He has always been known as a great locker room guy.

4. Trying to play LeBron at the 5 at all was a huge mistake. He has no Post game and can't defend Centers. Why alot of Lakers fans in general thought LeBron could play the 5 and be Great at it is puzzling. He rarely has played Center in his entire career. LeBron actually needs to play the 3/SF. I remember when the Heat experimented playing LeBron at the 4/PF against Indy in the 2014 ECFinals and David West ate his lunch for a couple of games. When LeBron played the 3 and the Heat had Bosh and Birdman in as their Big's, the Pacers couldn't beat them because they had the length to Defend West and Hibbert. Magic could play some Center back in the day because he had a Post game.

BTW, yes, yes, yes, and yes! :xclaphands:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Ken, this could work too:
PG Ball
SG Hart
SF Ingram
PF LeBron
C Chandler
-Kuzma as 6th man, I just love LeBron at the 3 though because he dominates the 3's. When the Heat were at their best in 2013 and 2014 they had LeBron playing the 3 and had 2 legit Big's in Birdy and Bosh, Wade was always the key 2.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:24 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Ken, this could work too:
PG Ball
SG Hart
SF Ingram
PF LeBron
C Chandler
-Kuzma as 6th man, I just love LeBron at the 3 though because he dominates the 3's. When the Heat were at their best in 2013 and 2014 they had LeBron playing the 3 and had 2 legit Big's in Birdy and Bosh, Wade was always the key 2.

That's the starting lineup that makes the most sense to me. Also, the league has gotten a bit smaller and quicker since 2014 and LeBron has gotten older and stronger. With Chandler's strength, LeBron would be just fine at the 4. Like I said before, a bench of McGee, Rondo, Kuzma, KCP and either Lance or Beasley depending on matchups would be energetic and dynamic.

HAVING SAID THAT, Lebron and Kuz have developed a rapport on and off the court and his game fits better with LeBron's game than does Ingram's game. So starting Kuz over BI and bringing a talent like BI off the bench isn't such a bad idea either. Regardless, Hart needs to start and I would rather see Chandler start over McGee. The current starting lineup makes no sense given the roster imbalance it causes.
KobeMVP888

Postby srafrank » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:01 pm

All I know is that we are going to be relevent sooner than later.
Magic going to pull out the magic CLAPPER.

:kingclaphands:
srafrank

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:45 pm

srafrank wrote:All I know is that we are going to be relevent sooner than later.

The return (even if brief) of Frank makes US relevant NOW!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:20 am

srafrank wrote:All I know is that we are going to be relevent sooner than later.

Frankie! Happy to see you my friend. Yeah us old farts are still around like Kenny, Nuggs, Rev, Craig, Jesus, and myself from the old Hollingers. We will be a Playoff team this year but not sure we will do much once in. Next season we will be legit contenders once Magic works his MAGIC in the offseason.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:10 am

QUICK -- somebody take the microphone from this reporter!! :waaaaa:

It's likely that nobody is happier than JaVale about our pickup of Chandler. Soon we'll have a younger and more formidable center . . but until then this two-headed veteran paint combo is just what LeBron and the youngsters need.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk