MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:22 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:Fuckin' Yankees! Pathetic.

Yeah sorry about that Nuggs. I didn't think they would get swept. At least you guys are a shoe in to make the Playoffs. It will be a Wildcard but get by that 1 game elimination scenario then anything can happen in the Playoffs from that point on. I am not buying that the Red Sox are unbeatable. Dodgers were on the Red Sox pace last season and they lost in the WS. Everyone is beatable when the Playoffs roll around. Astros are beatable as well, Repeating is almost impossible in Baseball.It hasn't been done since the 2000 Yankees.

-Regarding my Cubs, they are still clinging to a 1 game lead over the Brewers in the NL Central but I have several concerns with my team. #1 Kris Bryant's health - he has been out many games now because of a shoulder issue. Not sure when he will be back. He has missed some games all season because of this. #2 Yu Darvish - What will he give the Cubs when he gets healthy? Our Pitching as a whole has been inconsistent lately which isn't a good thing considering we are through the 1st week of August. #3 The Brewers - They have the best Lineup on paper and their Bullpen is best the NL. They are playing better than the Cubs right now actually. As of today the Cubs are 64-47 and have the best record in the NL and hold that 1 game lead over the 65-50 Brewers in the NL Central but I am not sure it will hold :shrug:. The Cubs aren't even close right now to playing how they were in 2016 when they won the WS.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:04 am

Here are the 5 best records in Baseball as of August 7th:
1. Red Sox 80-34
2. Astros 73-42
3. Yankees 70-42
4. A's 67-47
5. Cubs 66-47
-I am surprised at how well the A's have done this season. Pretty impressive being 20 games above .500. The other 4 teams were no brainers being in the Top 5 this late in the season. My Cubs at 66-47 have just 49 games left and hold a 2.5 game lead over the 65-51 Brewers in the NL Central. Cubs currently still have the best record in the NL overall as well. Gotta get Bryant healthy and get something out of Darvish to make a long Playoff run. Anything less than an NLCS appearance by the Cubs would be disappointing, If Bryant is healthy I expect a WS appearance and a 50/50 chance of winning the WS. Cubs have made the NLCS 3 seasons in a row from 2015-2017 and made and won the WS in 2016.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:40 pm

This Dodgers/A's two game miniseries is everything baseball is about! West Coast gamery!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:48 pm

lakerevolution wrote:This Dodgers/A's two game miniseries is everything baseball is about! West Coast gamery!

A's are going to make the Playoffs IMO. That Wildcard game between them and the Yankees should be a classic. That would be a tough draw for Kenny and Nuggs Yankees.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm

UGHHH!!! CURSE-SHAW IS HIS NAME IN OAKLAND, HE CAN'T SEEM TO GET A WIN UP HERE :pullhair:

A's get away with a split in the two-game interleague series. The A's picked up Fiers from the Astros (he pitched Game 7 of the WS last year) and he was hot early while Kershaw just stumbled. The ump was calling it all over the place as well :bbalargu:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:52 am

It's now August 11th, is anyone thinking about the Playoffs yet? The Red Sox are 82-35 which is unreal but I still think they are beatable in a series come Playoff time. Playoffs are a whole different animal. Cubs still have the best record in the NL at 67-48 but Bryant and Darvish both are still out with injury. There aren't a whole alot of games left. Cubs just have 47 games left. Any thoughts on the NL West Division race? The Dodgers and D-Backs both are 64-53 tied for 1st.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:51 am

Great day to be a Cubs fan. David Bote hit a walkoff GrandSlam vs the Nats last night with the Cubs down 3-0 in the 9th Inning! The Cubs now have a 3 game lead in the NL Central over the 67-54 BrewDrinkers. Cubs are now sporting a 68-49 record which is the best in the National League! Go Cubs baby, only 45 games left in the season. :kingclaphands:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Cubs with a big win over the Screwers today! Cubs now 69-50 and have a 3 game lead over the 68-55 Screwers in the NL Central. The Cubs are 5 ahead in the loss column. Looking kind of dim there in BrewDrinking land :waaaaa:. Cubs also have the overall best record in the NL and we are now halfway through August. I will take that anyday. Kris Bryant is near 100% and Yu Darvish is getting close as well. All things great in Cubs land! GO CUBS!

-One thing to consider about the Cubs is they are 69-50 and have done this without their best player 30% of the season in Kris Bryant. If he had been healthy like he has been his whole career, the Cubs would probably running away with the NL and have a record similar to what the Yankees and Astros have. Some people in the media and fans are poo pooing the NL because the AL has 5 teams with a better record than the Cubs but the Cubs have had some key injuries all season. Bryant of course but Darvish and Morrow both haven't pitched since June. If the Cubs go into the Playoffs at 100%, they can beat anyone including the Red Sox. The Cole Hamels signing was huge, he has Pitched like an ACE since the Cubs acquired him in his 3 starts.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Cubs with a big win over the Screwers today! Cubs now 69-50 and have a 3 game lead over the 68-55 Screwers in the NL Central. The Cubs are 5 ahead in the loss column. Looking kind of dim there in BrewDrinking land :waaaaa:. Cubs also have the overall best record in the NL and we are now halfway through August. I will take that anyday. Kris Bryant is near 100% and Yu Darvish is getting close as well. All things great in Cubs land. GO CUBS!

-One thing to consider about the Cubs is they are 69-50 and have done this without their best player 35% of the season in Kris Bryant. If he had been healthy like he has been his whole career, the Cubs would probably be running away with the NL and have a record similar to what the Yankees and Astros have. Some people in the media and fans are poo pooing the NL because the AL has 4 teams with a better record than the Cubs but the Cubs have had some key injuries all season. Bryant of course but Darvish and Morrow -(their best Closer) both haven't pitched since June. If the Cubs go into the Playoffs at 100%, they can beat anyone including the Red Sox. The Cole Hamels signing was huge, he has Pitched like an ACE since the Cubs acquired him in his 3 starts.

-The only 4 teams with a better record than Cubs are the Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, and A's.

-This is the edited Post that is 100% correct. Thank ya very much! I dislike that we can't edit after 30 minutes. It should be at least an hour.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Effin' Bums driving me - and most of Dodger Nation - up the wall. Puig incites a bench-clearing melee, throwing blows and acting like a jerk, and the Giants win another one late . . just ridiculous. We beat them today, but these idiotic losses are showing that we're not really ready to defend our pennant.

We have a hell of a lineup, but our pitching sucks.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:29 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Effin' Bums driving me - and most of Dodger Nation - up the wall. Puig incites a bench-clearing melee, throwing blows and acting like a jerk, and the Giants win another one late . . just ridiculous. We beat them today, but these idiotic losses are showing that we're not really ready to defend our pennant.

We have a hell of a lineup, but our pitching sucks.

-Losing Kenley Jansen for a while is devastating. I hope he can fully recover from his Heart ailment. You guys don't have the BullPen you had last season without Morrow and Jansen. Kershaw is still Great and your lineup is dangerous but you guys lack depth this season in many area's. IMO, Roberts is a decent Manager but something is lacking there unfortunately.

-Meanwhile the Cubs got another win tonight. Lester along with the BullPen Pitched a shutout beating Pissburgh 1-0. Cubs have some breathing room in the NL Central now. They lead the Screwers by 3.5 games and the DirtyBirds by 5 games. Cubs are finally 20 games over .500 for the 1st time all season at 70-50 which is the best record in the NL. Still no Kris Bryant or Yu Darvish or Brandon Morrow but hell we are winning without them "lol4:. On a serious side we need Kris Bryant healthy for the Post Season though to make a deep run. All indications are Bryant is near 100% with his shoulder problem. I think the NL is very winnable, World Series not sure? The AL has been the dominant League this season with the SAWX, Yanks, and Assholes but it doesn't mean those teams can't be beat from a team from the NL.

-Here's a look at what the Cubs have accomplished over the last 4 seasons so far:
2015 = 97-65, made the NLCS as a Wildcard
2016 = 103-58, won the NL Central, won the World Series
2017 = 92-70, won the NL Central, made the NLCS
2018 = 70-50 so far, 1st in the NL Central and best record in the NL
-Overall record = 362-243 (59.8%), 3 NLCS appearances, 2 NL Central Division Titles, 1 World Championship as of now. Can't ask for much more when a team has basically won 60% of their Regular Season games for 4 straight seasons, has gone to 3 straight NLCS, and won a World Championship. Well I guess I can, that is win another World Championship and continue this Great run! :mariano:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Funny stuff about now -- the Dodgers whalloped the Mariners, which helps out the A's . . and the A's beat the Astros -- which feels good all around and inches the low-payroll, no-name A's closer to the top of the AL West. Just an unbelievable run for Oakland, and Bob Melvin is likely a shoe-in for Manager of the Year. Go A's!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:14 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Funny stuff about now -- the Dodgers whalloped the Mariners, which helps out the A's . . and the A's beat the Astros -- which feels good all around and inches the low-payroll, no-name A's closer to the top of the AL West. Just an unbelievable run for Oakland, and Bob Melvin is likely a shoe-in for Manager of the Year. Go A's!

The A's are the surprise team of the year, I love the way they play Baseball. They are alot like the Cubs and play great fundamental Baseball and win close games. Also they are under the radar like the Cubs. The media has the SAWX, Yanks, and Assholes jockstraps over their heads/faces as they act like that is the only 3 teams that exist. If it's A's and Cubs in the WS I will literally :roflmao:. I can tell you like the A's Rev but I know you from that area. That is cool in my book if your Dodgers don't make the WS. The Mets were always my secondary team because I loved Doc Gooden back in the day. Mets stink this year, I feel bad for a Pitcher like deGrom playing for a shitty team like the Mets.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:54 pm

A's just kicked the dog crap out of the Astros, they are now tied for 1st in the AL West with them. :kingclaphands: Great stuff!

-Regarding having a secondary team to root for, like I said I see nothing wrong with it. Most of us have that in all sports. I know Kenny loves the 49ers and likes the Chargers, I love the Lakers and like the Pacers + I love the Cubs and have since the mid 80's(Indy has no Baseball team) and like Mets - since the Gooden days. Rev it is ok to pull for the A's, you from that area eventhough your #1 team is the Dodgers. When it comes to Football I can honestly say the Colts are the only team I have ever rooted for. I have never had a secondary team. I did want Peyton to win his 2nd SB with Denver to shut his Trolls up about not winning multiple SB's, that was more about Peyton though. I could care less about the Broncos in general. Before the Colts moved to Indy in 1984 I watched Football as a real young kid but never had a favorite team like I latched on to the Lakers in 1977 when I was real young (first started watching sports). It was the Kareem factor that got me, then when we got Magic in 79/1980 that was all she wrote!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:52 am

Went with my sons to the A's game yesterday and saw them chase the Rangers' Bartolo Colón off the mound with a flurry of stand-up doubles and home runs. An absolute ass-whooping. These A's are something special, and Fiers pitched a clean 6 innings of 1-hit ball.

Before the game in a conference room inside the A's Coliseum, we were treated to a fantastic lineup of finger foods and tons of information about JDRF - the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund of which my oldest son, who has Type 1 diabetes, is a member. Bob Melvin, the A's manager, even came up to speak (in his game uniform!) about his experiences - his daughter was diagnosed in 2003 at 14 years old and has been fighting the good fight to fund research for a cure. All in all a fantastic night out for baseball!
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk