The Lakers Discussion Thread

Re: The Lakers Discussion Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:27 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:When we Sign LeBron, what do you guys think about Nuggs changing the background to Kobe, Magic, Kareem, and LeBron? If he does that, he will never have to change the background again until LeBron retires. So that may be 3 or 4 years away.

"When"? That's bold! Nuggz can do as he pleases. IF we sign LeBron, it will feel so weird, I can tell you that much.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:30 am

I am sick of all the Lakers talk as if we are a franchise that needs greatness so bad we are willing to sell our soul for it. Media today is waaaay over the top with mindless diatribe on whatever fills the 30 minute segments, and LeBron-to-LA is so overplayed that if it happens it will be the most anti-climactic and ballyhooed event in modern Lakers history. I wonder if Kobe has spoken to Jeannie about it. My opinion is keep Kuzma, Ingram and Randle -- this latest news about Lonzo's mom and dad is sick and should not be what Magic wants as part of his team.
lakerevolution

Postby kjkirby » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 pm

while I'm aware of both injuries, I would prefer Leonard and Boogie. You may not have to pay both max contracts coming off of the injuries, which would allow some extra wiggle room to shore up the bench. I know Leonard needs to be traded for, but if the Spurs know they can't sign him it may lessen the blow. 90% Boogie is still going to be a load for most teams to handle even GS. Leonard if healthy guards KD and we go from there. I know I'm grasping at straws, but what the hell. We need to draft and sign shooters to legitimately compete for a chip.
kjkirby

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:13 pm

kjkirby wrote:while I'm aware of both injuries, I would prefer Leonard and Boogie. You may not have to pay both max contracts coming off of the injuries, which would allow some extra wiggle room to shore up the bench. I know Leonard needs to be traded for, but if the Spurs know they can't sign him it may lessen the blow. 90% Boogie is still going to be a load for most teams to handle even GS. Leonard if healthy guards KD and we go from there. I know I'm grasping at straws, but what the hell. We need to draft and sign shooters to legitimately compete for a chip.

Unfortunately, I believe this:

Why would the Spurs want to help the Lakers? They wouldn't, don't have to and can get more from the Celtics.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby kjkirby » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 pm

oh I believe you on that. I have more faith in waiting for Leonard to become a free agent than I was waiting for George. I don't think he'll agree to a long term deal with another team. I could be wrong though. Know team is willing to help the Lakers get back on top. I can live with that. They should gamble and sign Boogie and wait. I dont' believe that George can carry them to the top. However I would like to keep some youth and build on that. I'm also not on board the LeBron mercenary tour. If the Lakers can do this right, they can accomplish more long term without LeBron. I'm selfish, I want another dynasty. LeBron stunts the growth of that.
kjkirby

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 pm

kjkirby wrote:oh I believe you on that. I have more faith in waiting for Leonard to become a free agent than I was waiting for George. I don't think he'll agree to a long term deal with another team. I could be wrong though. Know team is willing to help the Lakers get back on top. I can live with that. They should gamble and sign Boogie and wait. I dont' believe that George can carry them to the top. However I would like to keep some youth and build on that. I'm also not on board the LeBron mercenary tour. If the Lakers can do this right, they can accomplish more long term without LeBron. I'm selfish, I want another dynasty. LeBron stunts the growth of that.

Yessir. Our luck, LeBron suffers his first major injury in his 14-year career and we lose him for the season. Go for talented, experienced youth. I heard Thad Young is up for grabs too.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I heard Thad Young is up for grabs too.

He'll be 30 on draft day. I agree though. Sign PG now and lock up Randle; wait for Kawhi next summer.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:13 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:When we Sign LeBron, what do you guys think about Nuggs changing the background to Kobe, Magic, Kareem, and LeBron? If he does that, he will never have to change the background again until LeBron retires. So that may be 3 or 4 years away.

"When"? That's bold! Nuggz can do as he pleases. IF we sign LeBron, it will feel so weird, I can tell you that much.

You do know I was being sarcastic right? :roflmao: Having said that I don't think it's real bold saying LeBron will be a Laker. We have the Cap space, his kids will now be going to school in LA, he has a house in LA, and Vegas odds favor us in signing him. Either way I really don't care and I would prefer to go younger anyway but signing him isn't a long shot. Especially if George signs because we would be Good then. Regarding the background, watching Larry Nance dunk needs to be updated is all. Nuggs is real busy and hasn't felt well that I understand, so I just wanted to throw out an easy background that won't be needed worked on for a longtime by Posting past legends. Just figured it would be real easy on Nuggs actually.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Moos » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:51 am

Okay, I am back in Cali from a week ago... Love it!

Spurs will get the best deal they can and won't care where they send Kawhi. If he is done with the Spurs, the Spurs are done with him. San Antonio doesn't do drama no matter how much Kawhi's advisers try and create it. They are the source of all the leaks about being unhappy, obviously.
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:33 am

Moos wrote:Okay, I am back in Cali from a week ago... Love it!

Spurs will get the best deal they can and won't care where they send Kawhi. If he is done with the Spurs, the Spurs are done with him. San Antonio doesn't do drama no matter how much Kawhi's advisers try and create it. They are the source of all the leaks about being unhappy, obviously.

Spot on, Moos. Welcome back!
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:43 pm

NOBODY'S talking Bron to the Spurs . . but with Kawhi gone, wouldn't it be a great fit? They'd need to add a couple more pieces, but I think Pop would love to coach Bron. In another year or two, Bron could have them back in serious contention. Or maybe Kawhi stays and he and Bron turn the Spurs back into title contenders?
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:57 am

Rev!

Gregg popovich is leaving the NBA, sooner. He will be the head coach of the USA Olympic Basketball men's team!!!
I don't think LeBron is going to the Spurs.
Moos

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Lakers get: Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get: Lonzo Ball, Luol Deng, Kyle Kuzma

Magic get: Joffrey Lauvergne, 2020 Lakers second-round pick, $1.7 million cash (from Lakers)

Kevin Pelton: While the Lakers can't offer San Antonio the kind of future picks that other teams can in a Leonard trade, they could offer promising young talent. This deal would work with either Ball or Brandon Ingram, the most recent two No. 2 overall picks, depending on how the Spurs value the two prospects.

Despite the focus on his poor shooting (42 percent on 2s, 30.5 percent on 3s), Ball rated well by advanced metrics as a rookie because of his versatile contributions. His elite court vision translated into a high assist rate and Ball was an outstanding rebounder for a point guard. He was also an active team defender who rated third among point guards in the defensive component of ESPN's real plus-minus.

Spurs guard Dejounte Murray was one of the two point guards to rate better defensively than Ball, and a Murray-Ball backcourt would have the potential to be one of the NBA's best on defense. An All-Rookie first-team pick, Kuzma averaged 18.6 points per 36 minutes as a rookie, proving a dangerous 3-point shooter with the ability to create off the dribble.

As the price for getting both Ball and Kuzma, San Antonio would have to take on the final two seasons of Deng's contract, which would cut into the team's 2019 cap space. It's possible, however, that the Spurs could rehabilitate Deng into a rotation player and salvage some value from his deal.

To make the trade work with Ball, the two teams would have to find a third partner to take on Lauvergne's salary (under the assumption he picks up his 2018-19 player option). The Magic are an ideal candidate because they currently have enough cap space to take on Lauvergne's contract but are unlikely to use cap space once the league year turns over after the July moratorium. So the only cost of adding Lauvergne would be his actual salary, which the Lakers would cover with cash.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:18 am

Is anyone interested in the Draft? It is actually tomorrow night! I didn't even realize it :roflmao:. We pick 25th overall. Last season we got Kuzma at 27 so who knows we may find another Gem :shrug:. I have no clue who we should even try and go after. Thoughts?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:42 pm

BIG NIGHT!!! I’m actually excited about the possibilities!!! Are we going to trade our picks? Trade up for a better pick? Or just pick our picks??
Lakers4Life

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk