Game 82: 04/11/18 Lakers at Clippsterns GAME THREAD

Game 82: 04/11/18 Lakers at Clippsterns GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:20 am

(34-47)Image at Image(42-39)

Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Rodney Mott (#71), Ron Garretson (#10), Derek Richardson (#63)

Replay Center: Nick Buchert, Tyler Ford, Marat Kogut, Jason Phillips

Line: Clippsterns -2.5

Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet FSPT (Mmmmmm ... BINGO!!!)

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT CLIPPSTERNS

by NBA.com

LOS ANGELES -- The Lakers and Clippers will end the season just how it began -- with a crosstown matchup at the Staples Center -- but this duel comes with six months' worth of perspective.

When the Clippers topped the Lakers in the season opener in October, there was plenty of optimism on both sides. The Lakers had just added point guard Lonzo Ball to run the show, while the Clippers rebuilt a roster around Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.

The biggest sign that it didn't quite work according to plan for both teams is that Griffin was traded by the end of January and the Lakers shipped out Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. just over a week later at the trade deadline.

Both moves were made with the future in mind, and since future means seasons beyond this one, Tuesday's all-Los Angeles matchup will close the door on unfulfilled expectations in Southern California for 2017-18.

Win or lose Tuesday, though, both teams already are optimistic about the future.

The Clippers remained in playoff contention deep into the season before succumbing under the weight of injuries and a daunting schedule. At 42-39, they have the security of knowing they will finish the season above .500 despite those injuries that affected all areas of the roster.

"I think our fans kind of connected with this group more than any group since I have been here," coach Doc Rivers told the media after Monday's defeat to the Pelicans. "I think our team and our crowd kind of identified with each other this year."

The Lakers will not see the .500 mark, since they head into the final contest at 34-47. But a renewed commitment to defense helped them go on a 16-7 run at one stretch after the new year, and a sense of unity surfaced in the second half.

Not only did Julius Randle blossom under coach Luke Walton, so did rookie Kyle Kuzma, who is now expected to weigh heavily in the plans moving forward, along with fellow youngsters Ball and Josh Hart.

"I think we all kind of know that can happen (with) the success we've had this year, growing and being a young core," Kuzma said, according to the Los Angeles Times.

After moving on from Griffin, the Clippers signed a multi-year deal with scoring machine Lou Williams, who is the team's leading scorer at 22.6 points per game. Williams will become the second player in NBA history to set a career high in scoring in his 13th season or later (Chauncy Billups).

Williams will also become the first player in NBA history to average more than 20 points for the first time in his career in his 13th season or later. And with a double-double in the finale, Jordan will tie Elton Brand for most double-doubles in team history at 265.

But in a sign of just how prevalent injuries were for the Clippers, they will finish the season with four point guards out of action: Patrick Beverley (knee), Avery Bradley (groin), Milos Teodosic (foot) and Jawun Evans (abdomen). Also out Tuesday is Danilo Gallinari (hand), who missed most of the year with multiple injuries.

Williams (ankle) and Austin Rivers (elbow) did not play Monday but are expected to see action Wednesday.

Ball (knee) and Kuzma (ankle) are listed as day-to-day. Isaiah Thomas (hip) is out, while Brandon Ingram (concussion) is day-to-day.

http://www.nba.com/games/20180411/LALLAC#/preview

http://www.nba.com/games/20180411/LALLAC#/matchup
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 82: 04/11/18 Lakers at Clippsterns GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:22 am

Non-playoff players are listed as day-to-day? :roflmao:

I like the directions these two teams are headed. Finally.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:43 pm

Fun last game of the season. The G-Leaguers are on the floor together a lot and playing well together. Gary Payton II is having a great game and Dre Ingram has been solid in his role. Some burn for Thomas Bryant. He has potential. Josh Hart is the "veteran" out there. Too bad KCP went out with an injury. Brook's been solid and Randle has, too. As for the Clippsterns?? :anfinger:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:02 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Fun last game of the season. The G-Leaguers are on the floor together a lot and playing well together. Gary Payton II is having a great game and Dre Ingram has been solid in his role. Some burn for Thomas Bryant. He has potential. Josh Hart is the "veteran" out there. Too bad KCP went out with an injury. Brook's been solid and Randle has, too. As for the Clippsterns?? :anfinger:

Yeah Lakers up 20, 90-70 :roflmao: . It would be nice to beat these guys to end the season with a bunch of G-Leaguers! Clippers are on the way down and we are on the way up. The future is dark for them and bright for us. If we do get win #35, that would be 9 more than last season and a lot of our guys had trouble staying healthy. Imagine if Lonzo and Ingram both play at least 75 games what we can be?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:Fun last game of the season. The G-Leaguers are on the floor together a lot and playing well together. Gary Payton II is having a great game and Dre Ingram has been solid in his role. Some burn for Thomas Bryant. He has potential. Josh Hart is the "veteran" out there. Too bad KCP went out with an injury. Brook's been solid and Randle has, too. As for the Clippsterns?? :anfinger:

Yeah Lakers up 20, 90-70 :roflmao: . It would be nice to beat these guys to end the season with a bunch of G-Leaguers! Clippers are on the way down and we are on the way up. The future is dark for them and bright for us. If we do get win #35, that would be 9 more than last season and a lot of our guys had trouble staying healthy. Imagine if Lonzo and Ingram both play at least 75 games what we can be?

With the way Josh Hart has quickly learned this league, isn't he the perfect backcourt mate for Lonzo moving forward? If Paul George pussies out, big shit. There are so many different directions the front office can go this summer with all the flexibility we now have. I think both big trades (the DLo trade and the Nance/Clarkson trade) will prove to be absolute winners for us.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm

I don't care what else they do, BUT I really, really hope that we keep ALL of the following players:

Brandon Ingram (20)
Lonzo Ball (20)
Thomas Bryant (20)
Ivica Zubac (21)
Kyle Kuzma (22)
Josh Hart (23)
Julius Randle (23)

Also, if he’s still available at #25 (our Cavs pick), I hope the Lakers draft Jalen Brunson, the senior point guard from Villanova (he’s in the mid 20’s on most of these early draft boards). He reminds me of Fish in many ways. Another tough Villanova champion guard!

Thomas Bryant has a ton of growth and Ivica Zubac didn't seem to improve this season, but they are so young and both have potential and are CHEAP. I would love to see Brook Lopez return, too, for veteran leadership and continuity. ALL of that is realistic. If PG, LeBron or whomever don't want to be a part of this party, fuck them and their pussy super team asses and the horses they rode in on. We are BUILDING something here much like they did up in the Bay Area or OKC where Clay Bennett blew it by trading Harden and letting KD sour on the franchise. Another season of bonding and building with this young core and then THEY WILL COME. As Kobe says, it takes a star with a certain mettle to own his P&G armor and I believe that our young core is already beginning to bleed the right colors from their young veins.

Go Lakers!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

With the way Josh Hart has quickly learned this league, isn't he the perfect backcourt mate for Lonzo moving forward? If Paul George pussies out, big shit. There are so many different directions the front office can go this summer with all the flexibility we now have. I think both big trades (the DLo trade and the Nance/Clarkson trade) will prove to be absolute winners for us.

Yeah I am really liking the guys we have now believe it or not. Hart is Good! We need to re-sign Randle. Lonzo, Kuz, and BI all could be future All-Stars. We need to be careful this offseason. I still have a feeling PG wants to be a Laker too.
3Peatkb24

Postby Moos » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:07 am

Cheers to fellow Lakers' fans here. All things considered, it was an entertaining year,
with much to look forward to this summer and next season. Stay well!
Moos

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:27 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:I don't care what else they do, BUT I really, really hope that we keep ALL of the following players:

Brandon Ingram (20)
Lonzo Ball (20)
Thomas Bryant (20)
Ivica Zubac (21)
Kyle Kuzma (22)
Josh Hart (23)
Julius Randle (23)

Also, if he’s still available at #25 (our Cavs pick), I hope the Lakers draft Jalen Brunson, the senior point guard from Villanova (he’s in the mid 20’s on most of these early draft boards). He reminds me of Fish in many ways. Another tough Villanova champion guard!

Thomas Bryant has a ton of growth and Ivica Zubac didn't seem to improve this season, but they are so young and both have potential and are CHEAP. I would love to see Brook Lopez return, too, for veteran leadership and continuity. ALL of that is realistic. If PG, LeBron or whomever don't want to be a part of this party, fuck them and their pussy super team asses and the horses they rode in on. We are BUILDING something here much like they did up in the Bay Area or OKC where Clay Bennett blew it by trading Harden and letting KD sour on the franchise. Another season of bonding and building with this young core and then THEY WILL COME. As Kobe says, it takes a star with a certain mettle to own his P&G armor and I believe that our young core is already beginning to bleed the right colors from their young veins.

Go Lakers!

We need to come out next season with a killer mentality on defense. No more giving up 110 points a game, trying to trade buckets with teams that have more shooters than us. If Rob and Magic can't land the big names, then yeah let's keep our core intact and add some more strength in the paint because Brook is not going to get it done defensively for us every night. I'm ok with not adding all-stars to this roster, but most of Laker Nation wants to win NOW and look good doing it, so we'll see how our FO responds to the pressure and plans to give Luke the on-court leadership he probably longs for.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:45 am

lakerevolution wrote:We need to come out next season with a killer mentality on defense. No more giving up 110 points a game, trying to trade buckets with teams that have more shooters than us. If Rob and Magic can't land the big names, then yeah let's keep our core intact and add some more strength in the paint because Brook is not going to get it done defensively for us every night. I'm ok with not adding all-stars to this roster, but most of Laker Nation wants to win NOW and look good doing it, so we'll see how our FO responds to the pressure and plans to give Luke the on-court leadership he probably longs for.

I don't think there's any question that Magic is going to try to get both LeBron and PG to come here even at the expense of Julius Randle, if necessary. I believe that is clearly Plan A. Plan B would probably be one of the two of them and Randle, etc. Plan C is one that no one has thought of. It could be DeAndre Jordan. It could be any number of FAs who fit what we're doing. It could be a TRADE for a big name. Who knows! All I know is that we have a shitload of assets now, including cap space, a full compliment of draft picks and young talent. No team has more flexibility than the Lakers and we're improving anyway to boot. This organization will never be a bottom feeder for multiple decades and it will always rise to the top again.

Go Lakers!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:44 am

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:I don't care what else they do, BUT I really, really hope that we keep ALL of the following players:

Brandon Ingram (20)
Lonzo Ball (20)
Thomas Bryant (20)
Ivica Zubac (21)
Kyle Kuzma (22)
Josh Hart (23)
Julius Randle (23)

Go Lakers!

We need to come out next season with a killer mentality on defense. No more giving up 110 points a game, trying to trade buckets with teams that have more shooters than us. If Rob and Magic can't land the big names, then yeah let's keep our core intact and add some more strength in the paint because Brook is not going to get it done defensively for us every night. I'm ok with not adding all-stars to this roster, but most of Laker Nation wants to win NOW and look good doing it, so we'll see how our FO responds to the pressure and plans to give Luke the on-court leadership he probably longs for.

Yeah missing the Playoffs 5 seasons in a row sucks. We are getting better though, Patience Rev :rthup:. Not many teams miss the Playoffs 5 seasons in a row so It's time to be Good again in 2019. Have to have faith in Magic and Rob to make the right moves this summer and keep our young core together.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk