Kobe & Shaq discuss feud in sit down meeting

Kobe & Shaq discuss feud in sit down meeting

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Lakers greats Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant rehash the ups and downs of their 20-plus year relationship in a conversation set to air during All-Star Weekend.

During Monday’s Inside the NBA, Shaq said that watching Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas‘ tear-jerking reconciliation prompted him to reach out to Kobe.

The two talked about activism in sports in a preview of the conversation.

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/shaquille ... wfEx0I6.99

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Lakers4Life

Re: Kobe & Shaq discuss feud in sit down meeting

Postby Moos » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Lisa Leslie is cool. She was first woman in WNBA history to dunk!
Moos

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Moos wrote:Lisa Leslie is cool. She was first woman in WNBA history to dunk!

Oh how I've dreamed of hiking up her, uh, mountain :bowdown: . . I'd probably have to stop for a bite halfway up :cookiemonster:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:45 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
Moos wrote:Lisa Leslie is cool. She was first woman in WNBA history to dunk!

Oh how I've dreamed of hiking up her, uh, mountain :bowdown: . . I'd probably have to stop for a bite halfway up :cookiemonster:

:roflmao: :cheers:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Regarding 1/2 punches, Kobe and Shaq from 2000-2002 may have been the best ever = 3Peated. Reason why they have a strong argument to being #1 is, Jordan and Pippen had another Hall of Famer in Rodman when they won their last 3. Magic and Kareem had Worthy for 3 of their Championships. Worthy is also a Hall of Famer and won Finals MVP in 88. Kobe and Shaq had no other Hall of Famers during their 3Peat, it was those 2 and Role Players when they won. Stockton and Malone were Great as well but they never won a Championship.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 am

And should have Threepeated with Pau as well, but they were not as prepared as the Celtics' Big 3 1/2. I already told you about my chat with Brian Shaw -- Shaq wasn't the only one on that team who thought Kobe was an aloof, spoiled brat, ball-hogging diva. As group dynamics go, Kobe's isolationist personality has definitely earned him all the negative press and commentary from overzealous haters. Shaq, on the other hand, has played-up his larger-than-life persona across the NBA, in a more commercialized way than Kobe ever would - which goes over well in dumbed-down mainstream media but will never sit well with fans like me.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:16 pm

lakerevolution wrote:And should have Threepeated with Pau as well, but they were not as prepared as the Celtics' Big 3 1/2. I already told you about my chat with Brian Shaw -- Shaq wasn't the only one on that team who thought Kobe was an aloof, spoiled brat, ball-hogging diva. As group dynamics go, Kobe's isolationist personality has definitely earned him all the negative press and commentary from overzealous haters. Shaq, on the other hand, has played-up his larger-than-life persona across the NBA, in a more commercialized way than Kobe ever would - which goes over well in dumbed-down mainstream media but will never sit well with fans like me.

I think Kobe just wanted to prove he can win a Championship without Shaq because the media was giving Shaq most of the credit for that 3Peat. A lot of fans were as well. That is how competitive Kobe is, I am sure Kobe's thinking was - I will never get the credit I deserve and be recognized as a Top 10 player of all-time until I win it all when ITS MY TEAM. I even admit, I looked at Kobe differently when we won in 2009.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:And should have Threepeated with Pau as well, but they were not as prepared as the Celtics' Big 3 1/2. I already told you about my chat with Brian Shaw -- Shaq wasn't the only one on that team who thought Kobe was an aloof, spoiled brat, ball-hogging diva. As group dynamics go, Kobe's isolationist personality has definitely earned him all the negative press and commentary from overzealous haters. Shaq, on the other hand, has played-up his larger-than-life persona across the NBA, in a more commercialized way than Kobe ever would - which goes over well in dumbed-down mainstream media but will never sit well with fans like me.

I think Kobe just wanted to prove he can win a Championship without Shaq because the media was giving Shaq most of the credit for that 3Peat. A lot of fans were as well. That is how competitive Kobe is, I am sure Kobe's thinking was - I will never get the credit I deserve and be recognized as a Top 10 player of all-time until I win it all when ITS MY TEAM. I even admit, I looked at Kobe differently when we won in 2009.

Whenever anyone, specifically a Kobe-basher, questions me about his pedigree, I always reference his 2009 and 2010 Western Conference playoff performances - which I feel were the peak performances of his career. More than at any time before, he shouldered the team and carried it past some of the best competition the NBA had to offer. Haters gonna hate, as they say . . but any basketball purist worth his salt would have to admit that Kobe's tremendous versatility and skill on both ends of the floor is what earned him those two titles and his rightful place in the conversation of top-ten greatest ever.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:22 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Whenever anyone, specifically a Kobe-basher, questions me about his pedigree, I always reference his 2009 and 2010 Western Conference playoff performances - which I feel were the peak performances of his career. More than at any time before, he shouldered the team and carried it past some of the best competition the NBA had to offer. Haters gonna hate, as they say . . but any basketball purist worth his salt would have to admit that Kobe's tremendous versatility and skill on both ends of the floor is what earned him those two titles and his rightful place in the conversation of top-ten greatest ever.

Me too Rev. Once Kobe won it in 2009, nobody could say he wasn't Top 10 ever at that point. That was the ammo I needed when debating his all-time status. Yes he had been a Great player from the time the Lakers won it all in 2000 but he hadn't won it all without Shaq. Shaq was so damn dominant! The way Kobe played in the WCFinals vs Denver and Finals vs Orlando is all I needed to see, too cement him into the Top 10 ever. That is a selective group because you are talking about players like Wilt and Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq, Duncan, and LeBron by most peoples eyes then Kobe is in there too. After 2010, he had/has an argument for Top 5 IMO. Winning backtoback over a tough Boston team with Pau Gasol being your 2nd best player and a banged up Bynum was priceless! Kobe had 7 game winning shots in the 2010 Season as well. He got screwed out of the League MVP IMO.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk