MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:33 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Rev, Craig ... your thoughts.

I will let Rev and Craig comment on this since you are wondering what they are thinking and it's the Dodgers. I will say this, they gave up a lot for him. At one time he was a Great player.

He’s a well liked popular Dodger with our fans. But.....They might still trade him. TBD
Worst case scenario he’ll be a great locker room guy for our young up & comers. One thing for sure. He’s not worth his $22 million dollar a year contract (2 years left)
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

I will let Rev and Craig comment on this since you are wondering what they are thinking and it's the Dodgers. I will say this, they gave up a lot for him. At one time he was a Great player.

He’s a well liked popular Dodger with our fans. But.....They might still trade him. TBD
Worst case scenario he’ll be a great locker room guy for our young up & comers. One thing for sure. He’s not worth his $22 million dollar a year contract (2 years left)

By making that trade the Dodgers also get a huge Tax break on the Luxury Tax.

-Kenny, CC Sabathia just signed a 1 year/10 million dollar deal with the Yankees. He says he wants to play 1 more year in NY so there is that!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:59 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:-Kenny, CC Sabathia just signed a 1 year/10 million dollar deal with the Yankees. He says he wants to play 1 more year in NY so there is that!

Saw that earlier today. He finally hit the wall in Game 7 vs. Houston, but helped give the Yankees a helluva playoff run! Severino, Gray, Tanaka, CC and Jordan Montgomery is not enough. The rumor is that they are working on a trade with Pittsburgh to acquire Gerrit Cole. He's an innings eating guy who had an all-star season in 2015, but who was meh last season. He'll be the perfect age next season, 27, and with that lineup an innings eating meh starting pitcher might be all they need. They haven't been connected to Darvish or Jake rumors, but it’s not like the Yankees HAVE to add another starter. Jordan Montgomery is a nice No. 4 or 5 starter, and they have several decent fifth-starter options, including Adam Warren and Chad Green as well as a prospect named Chance Adams, 23, a converted reliever with 4 pitches who led the minors in winning percentage last season (.929), while going 4-0 and posting a 1.03 ERA when he was promoted to AAA. Exciting times ahead!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:08 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

The A-Gone story is a perplexing one. It kind of took some wind out of our sails to start the Series. Kemp will be somewhat well-received, but Gonzalez was a huge fan favorite whose actions seem to have soured him to the franchise. Hopefully he has some further success before he calls it quits. He was supposed to be in that Series. Hopefully Kemp doesn't play like a bum and helps us get another pennant. I like the moves, gotta keep strong and plug the holes if we want to keep our title window open!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:-Kenny, CC Sabathia just signed a 1 year/10 million dollar deal with the Yankees. He says he wants to play 1 more year in NY so there is that!

Saw that earlier today. He finally hit the wall in Game 7 vs. Houston, but helped give the Yankees a helluva playoff run! Severino, Gray, Tanaka, CC and Jordan Montgomery is not enough. The rumor is that they are working on a trade with Pittsburgh to acquire Gerrit Cole. He's an innings eating guy who had an all-star season in 2015, but who was meh last season. He'll be the perfect age next season, 27, and with that lineup an innings eating meh starting pitcher might be all they need. They haven't been connected to Darvish or Jake rumors, but it’s not like the Yankees HAVE to add another starter. Jordan Montgomery is a nice No. 4 or 5 starter, and they have several decent fifth-starter options, including Adam Warren and Chad Green as well as a prospect named Chance Adams, 23, a converted reliever with 4 pitches who led the minors in winning percentage last season (.929), while going 4-0 and posting a 1.03 ERA when he was promoted to AAA. Exciting times ahead!

If you guys get Jake it's over IMO, I say that about the Dodgers too. If Dodgers get him it's over. Yeah he will be 32 shortly but he still has 1 or 2 great years left in him. The guy is extremely clutch. The most clutch Pitcher the Cubs have ever had. If you look at his Playoff record even compared to Greg Maddux, Jake was the better Cub. Cubs just don't want to sign him to a long ass deal. Darvish choked bigtime and the Dodgers should get rid of him, JMO. He is the main reason why they lost the WS. I wanted the Dodgers to win and everytime I see Darvish on TV, I just SMH so I can only imagine how diehard Dodgers feel. Where Jake lands could determine a lot because at least for next season I could see him dominating on a solid team. The only game we beat the Dodgers in the NLCS was when he pitched. He was like you aren't sweeping us with me Pitching. His 2-0 record vs the Indians in the WS was clutch too. Guy just shows up when it counts. I know I am rambling now but he is my favorite Cubs Pitcher of all-time.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 am

Yu Darvish met with the Cubs and said he loved the meeting, I am not sure I like this. He just blew the WS and is 31. Theo Epstein is aware of Yu tipping pitches and is convinced the Cubs can fix that if they sign him. Yu has been a Very Good Pitcher in his career but this will be a huge gamble IMO if the Cubs sign him.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:25 am

Here's a weird trend, since the 2012 Season the NL/AL have took turns winning the WS:
2012 Giants NL
2013 RedSox AL
2014 Giants NL
2015 Royals AL
2016 Cubs NL
2017 Astros AL
-Twilight Zone stuff. So that tells me either the Cubs or Dodgers win it all in 2018 from the NL :beavis:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:44 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:34 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

NOOOOO!!!!! One of my favorite current players and the greatest Pirate since Barry Bonds. I wonder if that connection had anything to do with it. Oh well. He won't help the Giants win the division this year. Best of luck to him, though - he gave Pittsburgh everything he had.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 am

Yu Darvish to the Cubbies! Your thoughts, 3Peat?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:22 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Yu Darvish to the Cubbies! Your thoughts, 3Peat?

Mixed to answer your question.

-I think 6 years is too long but he may be Good to Great for 3 or 4. He was lousy in the WS so I know how Dodgers fans feel about him and that is what has me worried as well. He needs to recover fast and get over the WS. He has been one of the best Pitchers in the league for a while but I wanted Jake back.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:37 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:

-I think 6 years is too long but he may be Good to Great for 3 or 4. He was lousy in the WS so I know how Dodgers fans feel about him and that is what has me worried as well. He needs to recover fast and get over the WS. He has been one of the best Pitchers in the league for a while but I wanted Jake back.

I wish the Yankees had signed him. He's a true ace who will learn from his foibles.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:49 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

I wish the Yankees had signed him. He's a true ace who will learn from his foibles.

-I think for the most part he's been Very Good his whole career, Great is pushing it. I guess I should be more excited about this but I wanted Jake back is my problem. Most people in the media think it's a Great signing so I should probably move on and embrace it. Maybe Yu will dominate this season? He is still only 31.

-Jake's Playoff record is one of the best of all-time, Yu's not so much so that has me worried. Whoever gets Jake will have a chance at winning the WS unless he goes to a scrub team. If he goes to the Yankees, Dodgers, god forbid the Astros, or the Indians they will be favored to win it all. Jake is 2-0 in WS games (Beat the Indians), and he has won close out games vs the Pirates and Cards, + the Cubs only win in the NLCS last season vs LA was when he Pitched.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 pm

-I took a little break from Posting since we are in the middle of the All-Star break. I actually stayed off my laptop for 4 full days. The time off was good, I took a fishing trip with a friend as it has been warm here in Indy. It's 70 today! It was in the 60's over the weekend through Monday.

-This weather just reminded of Baseball and the start of the Baseball Regular Season will be here in just over a month believe it or not.

-I am still proud of my Cubs and was reminiscing over the weekend while drinking beer and catching fish what they have accomplished the last 3 seasons. From 2015-2017, making 3 straight NLCS's, winning a WS in 2016, Bryant won NL League MVP in 2016, Arrieta won Cy Young in 2015. Not sure how we can top that from here? I look at this seasons Cubs coming up and I see a team that is a 90 win team and probably a Division Champion but not sure how far they can go in the Playoffs? We lost Arrieta but did sign Darvish, I like Arrieta better though. Our lineup still has Bryant, Rizzo, Zobrist, and Contreras but we had that last season and got waxed by the Dodgers in the NLCS 4-1.

-Our 2016 team still remains the 2nd best team record wise to win a WS over the last 30 seasons = 1988-2017 seasons. They were 103-58 and finished the deal. Only the 1998 Yankees were better over the last 30 seasons at 114-48.

-Take care Brethren, come Thursday the Basketball updates will return.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:39 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:-I took a little break from Posting since we are in the middle of the All-Star break. I actually stayed off my laptop for 4 full days. The time off was good, I took a fishing trip with a friend as it has been warm here in Indy. It's 70 today! It was in the 60's over the weekend through Monday.

-This weather just reminded me of Baseball and the start of the Baseball Regular Season will be here in just over a month believe it or not.

-I am still proud of my Cubs and was reminiscing over the weekend while drinking beer and catching fish what they have accomplished the last 3 seasons. From 2015-2017, making 3 straight NLCS's, winning a WS in 2016, Bryant won NL League MVP in 2016, Arrieta won Cy Young in 2015. Not sure how we can top that from here? I look at this seasons Cubs coming up and I see a team that is a 90 win team and probably a Division Champion but not sure how far they can go in the Playoffs? We lost Arrieta but did sign Darvish, I like Arrieta better though. Our lineup still has Bryant, Rizzo, Zobrist, and Contreras but we had that last season and got waxed by the Dodgers in the NLCS 4-1.

-Our 2016 team still remains the 2nd best team record wise to win a WS over the last 30 seasons = 1988-2017 seasons. We were 103-58 and finished the deal. Only the 1998 Yankees were better over the last 30 seasons at 114-48.

-Take care Brethren, come Thursday the Basketball updates will return.

One more thing to add to this, I think the main reason why the Dodgers beat us 4-1 in the NLCS is because Maddon overused our Pitchers against the Nationals in the NLDS. Our Pitchers looked out of gas vs the Dodgers except for Jake in Game 4. It wasn't a typical Cubs series where the Pitching is solid. I think going to the NLCS 3 seasons in a row fatigued the team. That is really hard to do in Baseball to go that deep 3 years in a row + making the WS in that run too. I am hoping we re-charge our batteries and make another run. The Astros, Dodgers, Yankees, and Indians are all Very Good to Great teams so it will be tough to get back on top.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk