Other NBA discussion

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:56 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I had Thaddeus and Victor on my Fantasy squad their rookie season, and I loved it. Glad to see them doing well -- I coveted them for the Lakers but now we seem to have our own young core :cheers:

Yeah imagine if you had Dipo this season, you are currently in 1st place as it is. Who has Dipo, I don't even know?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:26 pm

Yeah in PG's return home, OKC got the better of Indy but he didn't play well. OKC won 100-95. It was actually one of the worst games the Pacers have played all season though and they still had chances at the end. The 3 point shooting was off tonight and Steven Adams killed Indy inside. I am puzzled that OKC is below .500 so far through their 1st Trimester at 13-14 as not only do they have a Big3 in Westbrook, PG, and Melo, Adams is a fucking beast. I still think they get it together and end up with 50 wins and make a decent Playoff run. Pacers will be a Playoff team as well, just not sure where they will fall between 4-8?? Top 3 teams in the East are clearly the Cavs, Celtics, and Raptors.

Lakers news - Should we try and trade for PG? Would OKC even think about doing that? Should we try and trade for a Very Good to Great 3 point shooter instead? If so who would you guys put on the trading blocks? Who should be untradeable in your eyes and tradable?
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:44 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Lakers news - Should we try and trade for PG? Would OKC even think about doing that? Should we try and trade for a Very Good to Great 3 point shooter instead? If so who would you guys put on the trading blocks? Who should be untradeable in your eyes and tradable?

1) Wait for PG until the summer unless we can get rid of Deng in the process. I would not include Clarkson or Randle in any deal for him.

2) Yes, I would love to see us trade for a 3 point shooter. Perhaps some team has a need for Zubac, Hart, Nance or T Bryant (although I'm somewhat reluctant on him). I'd want a relatively younger player with Bird rights even if it's an expiring contract.

3) Untradable: Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma. Personally, I would put Randle and Clarkson on that list, too. I've been hearing great things about Thomas Bryant and with his cheap contract and upside, I want to keep him. I like Hart, Nance, Zubac, but consider them tradable. Deng, Ennis, Lopez, KCP, Bogut and Brewer are obviously all tradable.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Lakers news - Should we try and trade for PG? Would OKC even think about doing that? Should we try and trade for a Very Good to Great 3 point shooter instead? If so who would you guys put on the trading blocks? Who should be untradeable in your eyes and tradable?

1) Wait for PG until the summer unless we can get rid of Deng in the process. I would not include Clarkson or Randle in any deal for him.

2) Yes, I would love to see us trade for a 3 point shooter. Perhaps some team has a need for Zubac, Hart, Nance or T Bryant (although I'm somewhat reluctant on him). I'd want a relatively younger player with Bird rights even if it's an expiring contract.

3) Untradable: Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma. Personally, I would put Randle and Clarkson on that list, too. I've been hearing great things about Thomas Bryant and with his cheap contract and upside, I want to keep him. I like Hart, Nance, Zubac, but consider them tradable. Deng, Ennis, Lopez, KCP, Bogut and Brewer are obviously all tradable.

Yeah I pretty much agree with what you said, I like Nance but he could be a decent trading chip because he brings a lot of hustle and energy and we have Kuzma and Randle playing the same position. Zubac has a lot of potential, I think he can be good and I would bet some GM's would think so too. Look at how good Sabonis is playing for Indy and he looked like a stiff in OKC.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:17 am

The first section of this long article, the info on the Hornets, is a good read. Might be opportunities for us.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2177 ... -bulls-nba
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm

lakerevolution wrote:The first section of this long article, the info on the Hornets, is a good read. Might be opportunities for us.

Like what? Bring back Dwight? :roflmao:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:30 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:The first section of this long article, the info on the Hornets, is a good read. Might be opportunities for us.

Like what? Bring back Dwight? :roflmao:

No, I was thinking more about picks and prospects. "One man's trash" is often a good opporrunity for GMs to pillage a struggling team eager to shake things up. Nance, Zubac . . never too early to window shop.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:01 pm

lakerevolution wrote:No, I was thinking more about picks and prospects. "One man's trash" is often a good opporrunity for GMs to pillage a struggling team eager to shake things up. Nance, Zubac . . never too early to window shop.

'Tis the season!!! I'm sure Magic and Rob are doing their share of tampering, er, schmoozing, er, whatever.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:03 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:27 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I would love to have him. He would give us instant respect around the league (REF respect as well). He is a SuperStar and has played in huge games like Game 7's in the ECFinals vs LeBron. Playing Ingram at the 2 would be ideal anyway if PG did sign. Ingram is very thin and is more suited to play the 2 anyway. We still need a Center though IMO. Randle nor Kuzma are a Center unless we just go all out small ball and start Lonzo, Ingram, PG, Kuzma, and Randle next season. Problem with that, we would have no Rim protector. Our Offense would be hellish Great though with Clarkson coming off the bench as well and maybe a guy like Redick too. I think Lopez is gone after the season.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Whatever.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:10 pm

My Summer plan: (not saying it will work but I would try and do)

If I am Magic, I am going all out this summer and offering PG and Cousins both a crap of load of money and anything they want. We need star power and both of those guys are healthy and in their prime, - not even 30 yet. I would release Lopez and KCP so the money evens out. Both of the guys make a crap of load of money as well. That would give us a young core of PG, Cousins, Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, and Clarkson as far as our best players. I would trade Nance and maybe another player if we have too for a guy that mainly shoots 3's because we need more 3 shooters. PG can hit the 3 pretty well too so if we get him that would help. We would have a SuperStar Center and a SuperStar Wing. I would start Ingram at the 2.

-We have to do something big because teams like Boston and Golden St and even Houston are way ahead of us and aren't going anywhere for years.

-PG has said he wants to be Laker so if he does sign maybe that would entice Cousins to sign as well :rthup:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:52 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:My Summer plan: (not saying it will work but I would try and do)

If I am Magic, I am going all out this summer and offering PG and Cousins both a crap of load of money and anything they want. We need star power and both of those guys are healthy and in their prime, - not even 30 yet. I would release Lopez and KCP so the money evens out. Both of the guys make a crap of load of money as well. That would give us a young core of PG, Cousins, Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, and Clarkson as far as our best players. I would trade Nance and maybe another player if we have too for a guy that mainly shoots 3's because we need more 3 shooters. PG can hit the 3 pretty well too so if we get him that would help. We would have a SuperStar Center and a SuperStar Wing. I would start Ingram at the 2.

-We have to do something big because teams like Boston and Golden St and even Houston are way ahead of us and aren't going anywhere for years.

-PG has said he wants to be Laker so if he does sign maybe that would entice Cousins to sign as well :rthup:

3Peat. This can't be done. To make room for Cousins and PG, we have to get Clarkson and Randle off the books AND waive and stretch Luol Deng. As for Lopez and KCP, all we need to do is renounce our Bird rights because they are unrestricted free agents after this season anyway. I suppose there might be a way to keep Randle if we get rid of Nance, but his cap hold is a problem, although if we get commitments early in the FA process from those guys (which we won't; this is more of a fantasy than anything else), I think the Lakers have until July 10th to figure out what to do with Randle.

I think that when the dust settles, PG is the only realistic guy to come here this summer. I think Clarkson and Nance will be gone and it is 50-50 on Randle, who, if he does return, it will only be on a Qualifying Offer. For that to happen, the RFA market will have to dry up like it did with Nerlens Noel last season.

Remember, this is Magic's team now. He didn't draft Randle, Clarkson or Nance. Also, he didn't hire Luke Walton. I predict that a couple of seasons from now, none of the non-Magic/Pelinka drafted players will be on the team and the team will be built entirely in their vision.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:18 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:My Summer plan: (not saying it will work but I would try and do)

3Peat. This can't be done. To make room for Cousins and PG, we have to get Clarkson and Randle off the books AND waive and stretch Luol Deng. As for Lopez and KCP, all we need to do is renounce our Bird rights because they are unrestricted free agents after this season anyway. I suppose there might be a way to keep Randle if we get rid of Nance, but his cap hold is a problem, although if we get commitments early in the FA process from those guys (which we won't; this is more of a fantasy than anything else), I think the Lakers have until July 10th to figure out what to do with Randle.

I think that when the dust settles, PG is the only realistic guy to come here this summer. I think Clarkson and Nance will be gone and it is 50-50 on Randle, who, if he does return, it will only be on a Qualifying Offer. For that to happen, the RFA market will have to dry up like it did with Nerlens Noel last season.

Remember, this is Magic's team now. He didn't draft Randle, Clarkson or Nance. Also, he didn't hire Luke Walton. I predict that a couple of seasons from now, none of the non-Magic/Pelinka drafted players will be on the team and the team will be built entirely in their vision.

So much for my wonderful plan :roflmao: Thanks for clarifying Ken. I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I like Randle and Clarkson too.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Yeah the churning, burning rumor mill has Clarkson and Randle's names all over it. It's like after the Dubs won the title and had to drop Harrison Barnes and D. Lee, plus a couple others. Gotta give up something substantial to keep (or get) the more important pieces you need. I'm about rumored-out . . just win some games baby!
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk