Game 31: 12/23/17 Trail Blazers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Game 31: 12/23/17 Trail Blazers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:06 am

A lot of things going on I see. We aren't getting calls because we have no SuperStars and you at least need a couple of All-Star type players to get calls late in games. Secondly we don't have a Closer, we keep losing close game after close game pretty much every night. I understand Ingram was out but this is a game we still should've won. Lastly we don't have a Good true Center. We need a big man that can wreak havoc in the paint. Randle and Kuzma both aren't Centers, they are PF's. The other team I have a general interest rooting for in is the Pacers. They simply get it, they play great team ball, they have a Closer and an All-Star in Dipo who scored 38 last night, and 2 Big's that wreak havoc in the paint. Turner had 6 Blocks last night! They are currently 19-14 and 4th in the East with a Roster that really isn't any better than ours outside of Dipo. It's sad when Sabonis is better than any Big we have. Magic has his work cut out for him this summer. I like our youngsters and the growth I see especially from Kuzma, Ingram, and Lonzo, those 3 are Good but we need a SuperStar type player in here, otherwise we wont win anything big or get the respect from the Refs. Trust me Magic knows this, I expect him to make at least 1 or 2 big moves this summer. We should be better than 11-20.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:27 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:A lot of things going on I see. We aren't getting calls because we have no SuperStars and you at least need a couple of All-Star type players to get calls late in games. Secondly we don't have a Closer, we keep losing close game after close game pretty much every night. I understand Ingram was out but this is a game we still should've won. Lastly we don't have a Good true Center. We need a big man that can wreak havoc in the paint. Randle and Kuzma both aren't Centers, they are PF's. The other team I have a general interest rooting for in is the Pacers. They simply get it, they play great team ball, they have a Closer and an All-Star in Dipo who scored 38 last night, and 2 Big's that wreak havoc in the paint. Turner had 6 Blocks last night! They are currently 19-14 and 4th in the East with a Roster that really isn't any better than ours outside of Dipo. It's sad when Sabonis is better than any Big we have. Magic has his work cut out for him this summer. I like our youngsters and the growth I see especially from Kuzma, Ingram, and Lonzo, those 3 are Good but we need a SuperStar type player in here, otherwise we wont win anything big or get the respect from the Refs. Trust me Magic knows this, I expect him to make at least 1 or 2 big moves this summer. We should be better than 11-20.

To follow this up, I am starting to think Cousins might be the best fit for us and the guy we should go after over the summer. A lineup of:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Kuzma
Cousins
=With Clarkson, Randle, Nance coming off the bench looks mighty nice IMO. We would have our SuperStar Big as well. I am assuming we wont re-sign KCP or Lopez if we get a player like Cousins and we can just plug in Hart at the 2. I like Clarkson coming off the bench as he provides good scoring power off the bench. Put a guy like JJ Redick on this Roster as well who could even start at the 2 then we would really be in business. He tears it up from 3! He will be a Free Agent like Cousins will. If I was Magic I would say goodbye to Lopez and KCP and sign Cousins and Redick and just keep everyone else. I guarantee we make the Playoffs if we add those 2 players.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Oy. Only caught the first half. Thank God. As it turns out, we missed Ingram more than they missed Lillard. We also just got off of Dubs, Cavs, Rockets, Dubs and no day off ater that brutality. I give them a pass. Now it's time for us to take off!!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:10 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:Oy. Only caught the first half. Thank God. As it turns out, we missed Ingram more than they missed Lillard. We also just got off of Dubs, Cavs, Rockets, Dubs and no day off ater that brutality. I give them a pass. Now it's time for us to take off!!!

Bogut AND Luke said they were pouting. Pouting. On the bench. After the game. Sorry soft fresh-outta-college ass players have no idea how tough it is.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:00 am

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:Oy. Only caught the first half. Thank God. As it turns out, we missed Ingram more than they missed Lillard. We also just got off of Dubs, Cavs, Rockets, Dubs and no day off ater that brutality. I give them a pass. Now it's time for us to take off!!!

Bogut AND Luke said they were pouting. Pouting. On the bench. After the game. Sorry soft fresh-outta-college ass players have no idea how tough it is.

See my Posts above, without an All-Star, teams have no chance of making the Playoffs. Without a SuperStar teams in general have no chance of winning a Championship.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:16 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:A lot of things going on I see. We aren't getting calls because we have no SuperStars and you at least need a couple of All-Star type players to get calls late in games. Secondly we don't have a Closer, we keep losing close game after close game pretty much every night. I understand Ingram was out but this is a game we still should've won. Lastly we don't have a Good true Center. We need a big man that can wreak havoc in the paint. Randle and Kuzma both aren't Centers, they are PF's. The other team I have a general interest rooting for in is the Pacers. They simply get it, they play great team ball, they have a Closer and an All-Star in Dipo who scored 38 last night, and 2 Big's that wreak havoc in the paint. Turner had 6 Blocks last night! They are currently 19-14 and 4th in the East with a Roster that really isn't any better than ours outside of Dipo. It's sad when Sabonis is better than any Big we have. Magic has his work cut out for him this summer. I like our youngsters and the growth I see especially from Kuzma, Ingram, and Lonzo, those 3 are Good but we need a SuperStar type player in here, otherwise we wont win anything big or get the respect from the Refs. Trust me Magic knows this, I expect him to make at least 1 or 2 big moves this summer. We should be better than 11-20.

To follow this up, I am starting to think Cousins might be the best fit for us and the guy we should go after over the summer. A lineup of:
Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Kuzma
Cousins
=With Clarkson, Randle, Nance coming off the bench looks mighty nice IMO. We would have our SuperStar Big as well. I am assuming we wont re-sign KCP or Lopez if we get a player like Cousins and we can just plug in Hart at the 2. I like Clarkson coming off the bench as he provides good scoring power off the bench. Put a guy like JJ Redick on this Roster as well who could even start at the 2 then we would really be in business. He tears it up from 3! He will be a Free Agent like Cousins will. If I was Magic I would say goodbye to Lopez and KCP and sign Cousins and Redick and just keep everyone else. I guarantee we make the Playoffs if we add those 2 players.

@Kenny and Craig, that is kind of why I like this scenario and no Paul George actually. I think that starting lineup with Clarkson, Randle, Nance, and Redick off the bench would make some fun noise.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk