Game 30: 12/22/17 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Game 30: 12/22/17 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:06 am

(11-18)Image at Image(25-6)

Friday, December 22, 2017, 7:30 PM PDT
Oracle Arena • Oakland, CA

Referees: Ed Malloy (#14), Josh Tiven (#58), Scott Twardoski (#52)

Replay Center: Brent Barnaky, Sean Corbin, Marc Davis

Line: Warriors -10

National TV: ESPN

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT WARRIORS

by NBA.com

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Two days after taking down this season's top team in the West, the Los Angeles Lakers will take aim at even bigger game Friday night when they face the defending champion Golden State Warriors.

It'll be the third matchup of the season between the California rivals, with the Warriors having prevailed in overtime in both previous duels, each of which was hosted by the Lakers.

The game will feature the Bay Area debut of high-profile Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball, whose driving layup was blocked by Golden State's David West in the final seconds of the Warriors' 116-114 win at Los Angeles on Monday.

Ball finished the game with 16 points, six rebounds and six assists.

The 20-year-old had a 15-point, 10-assist double-double when he went head-to-head with Warriors star Stephen Curry in the teams' first matchup of the season, a 127-123 Golden State win in November.

Ball won't have to deal with the former two-time Most Valuable Player on Friday, as Curry will miss his seventh consecutive game with a sprained right ankle. Curry also sat out Monday's win at Los Angeles.

The Lakers suffered more than just a loss on the scoreboard that night. Center Brook Lopez sprained his right ankle and likely won't play again until January.

Los Angeles didn't need its big man in Wednesday's 122-116 win at Houston, as rookie forward Kyle Kuzma dominated the action with 38 points, 21 coming on 3-pointers.

Ball contributed 16 points and nine rebounds to the win.

"Brook means a lot," Ball said of the veteran big man who is the club's fifth-leading scorer at 12.8 points per game. "He is big in the paint and he can space the offense, so we are definitely going to miss him."

The Lakers started former Warrior Andrew Bogut at center against Houston. He had two points and three rebounds in 17 minutes.

The Warriors were missing three starters and two key reserves in Wednesday's 97-84 home win over the Memphis Grizzlies. But at least one of the five is expected back Friday.

Draymond Green, who has sat out the last four games with a sore right shoulder, was able to scrimmage with teammates on Thursday.

Barring a setback at Friday's afternoon shootaround or pregame warmups, Green will face a team against which he compiled 15 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists in the Nov. 29 meeting.

Andre Iguodala, who missed Wednesday's game with an illness, is another Golden State player who could return Friday.

The Warriors have won 10 games in a row, becoming the fourth team this season to string together a streak of at least 10 games.

Golden State has had 10-game win streaks in each of the last five seasons. Only San Antonio, Boston and Seattle had accomplished that feat previously in NBA history.

The Warriors used their 12th different starting lineup against the Grizzlies.

"We have a lot of depth and plenty of guys who can play, and so we have enough talent to continue to win, which is great," Warriors coach Steve Kerr observed. "It may not be pretty right now, but we are doing a good job defensively and then finding ways to score."

http://www.nba.com/games/20171222/LALGSW#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 30: 12/22/17 Lakers at Warriors GAME THREAD

Postby Moos » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:59 am

Will will will? Skip Bayless grades Lonzo Ball’s performance in Lakers’ OT loss against the Warriors.

This dickhead got some hating on Lonzo Ball!! He makes no sense at all. Other than that he is ok.... Sorry if I'm gonna fkup this thread with my copy & past this bs, this is the only way I know how!!

Skip Bayless talks Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball and his up and down performance in last night's overtime loss against the Golden State Warriors.

Hide Transcript
- I have two grades that I have to give Lonzo because they were two different Lonzos. I give him a D for all of regulation, a D.

SHANNON SHARPE: Wow.

- I'm going to give him an A for the overtime. Maybe I should average these grades out to like a C plus.

SHANNON SHARPE: So a C.

- I'll give it a C plus. Lonzo Ball comes out and steps right into his first three point shot and shoots it very competently and just flat out rips it clean as you can rip it, right in front of Kareem and Bill Russell.

SHANNON SHARPE: He's showing out, huh?

- The stars were out last night man. If you were going to put on a show, this is the night to put on a show--

- Absolutely.

- --and say watch this. I got next, right?

SHANNON SHARPE: Yep.

- And from that shot on-- I know he did a couple other little things-- but mostly he started to drift. And mostly he disengaged. And mostly he started playing what I call hot potato. They'd pass it to him, he just passed it right back to them. I don't know what he's doing. I'm screaming at my TV. Just attack. The stars are out. Put on a show. Who are you? What are you doing? And he drifted into the second half and the second half was even worse than the first half.

SHANNON SHARPE: Yes.

- I don't know what he was doing. He was just out there. He was watching four teammates play basketball. And all of a sudden the overtime happened. Who was this man, this masked man? Who was he? It was Lonzo Ball. And do you realize he had zero assists in the overtime because he turned into an offensive force, by his standards?

So he steps right into it three right away with 3:20 left in overtime and rips it to cut the lead to 2. And then he actually created his own shot, sort of a little step-back jump shot from 14 feet, and he nails that. And I said, where is that, because his father kept telling us, oh, he's working on his two point shooting, you know, his mid-range jump shot. Well I haven't seen it in a game. Then I saw that one under pressure. That tied the game.

And then he has a driving kind of a scoop, like a little baby hook hook shot high off the glass. That puts them up one with 1:03 left. These are big clutch shots against a pretty-- I know they're down Steph and--

- Yeah, Zaza and Shaun Livingston.

- --and Draymond wasn't there last night. But still, it's Kevin Durant. He's kind of going mano-a-mano with Kevin Durant. And then Durant nails the shot that's going to be the game winner. And there's seven seconds left. And Lonzo takes it out and has the wherewithal, they're out of timeouts.

SHANNON SHARPE: Right.

- And he jets up the court. He hits hyperspeed, warp speed. And he runs right through all five Golden State Warriors and gets to the rim. Well at some point, to me, if you get to the rim at 6 feet, 7 inches tall with the game on the line, you have to slam it. Just slam it, because he's going to have to foul you.

SHANNON SHARPE: Right

- But he went a little soft. He tried to lay it up off the glass. And the savvy veteran that is David West came right behind him and got a hand on it.

- Ball game. Well, again, I saw another big flash of-- this is what I call special. If you got this part in your repertoire, you can be really good in this league, because I know he can pass the basketball. I know he can rebound the basketball. I know he can disrupt on defense. I know he can block shots. I know he can steal the basketball. But I keep waiting. I saw one 29 point game in game two at Phoenix. But here's a little explosion against a really great player in Kevin Durant in overtime.

- Wow.
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:18 pm

If there is any sports dude out there who I completely ignore, it's that ignoramus.

Time for the Lakers to say "We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!" and win a second straight game against the Best of the West!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Moos » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:37 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:If there is any sports dude out there who I completely ignore, it's that ignoramus.

Time for the Lakers to say "We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!" and win a second straight game against the Best of the West!

Yep! Hopefully they go out with something to prove and avenge the two OT loses.
Moos

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 pm

It's a testament to how busy and distracted I've been with work and holidays - I really had no idea the squad was up here tonight. Should have talked to my son about grabbing some tickets, damn! Oh well, that's money better spent on more x-mas gifts and food and drank :drinkdrunk: It's gonna be rockin' at the Oracle!

We should have proven to at least ourselves by now that we can hang with and beat anybody if we're firing on all cylinders. The Warriors are hard to beat at home, but at least it's a renewed rivalry with the team we used to beat up on for decades. Lonzo Time!!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Moos wrote:Will will will? Skip Bayless grades Lonzo Ball’s performance in Lakers’ OT loss against the Warriors.

This dickhead got some hating on Lonzo Ball!! He makes no sense at all. Other than that he is ok.... Sorry if I'm gonna fkup this thread with my copy & past this bs, this is the only way I know how!!

Skip Bayless talks Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball and his up and down performance in last night's overtime loss against the Golden State Warriors.

Hide Transcript
- I have two grades that I have to give Lonzo because they were two different Lonzos. I give him a D for all of regulation, a D.

SHANNON SHARPE: Wow.

- I'm going to give him an A for the overtime. Maybe I should average these grades out to like a C plus.

SHANNON SHARPE: So a C.

- I'll give it a C plus. Lonzo Ball comes out and steps right into his first three point shot and shoots it very competently and just flat out rips it clean as you can rip it, right in front of Kareem and Bill Russell.

SHANNON SHARPE: He's showing out, huh?

- The stars were out last night man. If you were going to put on a show, this is the night to put on a show--

- Absolutely.

- --and say watch this. I got next, right?

- And from that shot on-- I know he did a couple other little things-- but mostly he started to drift. And mostly he disengaged. And mostly he started playing what I call hot potato. They'd pass it to him, he just passed it right back to them. I don't know what he's doing. I'm screaming at my TV. Just attack. The stars are out. Put on a show. Who are you? What are you doing? And he drifted into the second half and the second half was even worse than the first half.

SHANNON SHARPE: Yes.

- I don't know what he was doing. He was just out there. He was watching four teammates play basketball. And all of a sudden the overtime happened. Who was this man, this masked man? Who was he? It was Lonzo Ball. And do you realize he had zero assists in the overtime because he turned into an offensive force, by his standards?

So he steps right into it three right away with 3:20 left in overtime and rips it to cut the lead to 2. And then he actually created his own shot, sort of a little step-back jump shot from 14 feet, and he nails that. And I said, where is that, because his father kept telling us, oh, he's working on his two point shooting, you know, his mid-range jump shot. Well I haven't seen it in a game. Then I saw that one under pressure. That tied the game.

And then he has a driving kind of a scoop, like a little baby hook hook shot high off the glass. That puts them up one with 1:03 left. These are big clutch shots against a pretty-- I know they're down Steph and--

- Yeah, Zaza and Shaun Livingston.

- --and Draymond wasn't there last night. But still, it's Kevin Durant. He's kind of going mano-a-mano with Kevin Durant. And then Durant nails the shot that's going to be the game winner. And there's seven seconds left. And Lonzo takes it out and has the wherewithal, they're out of timeouts.

- And he jets up the court. He hits hyperspeed, warp speed. And he runs right through all five Golden State Warriors and gets to the rim. Well at some point, to me, if you get to the rim at 6 feet, 7 inches tall with the game on the line, you have to slam it. Just slam it, because he's going to have to foul you.

SHANNON SHARPE: Right

- But he went a little soft. He tried to lay it up off the glass. And the savvy veteran that is David West came right behind him and got a hand on it.

- Ball game. Well, again, I saw another big flash of-- this is what I call special. If you got this part in your repertoire, you can be really good in this league, because I know he can pass the basketball. I know he can rebound the basketball. I know he can disrupt on defense. I know he can block shots. I know he can steal the basketball. But I keep waiting. I saw one 29 point game in game two at Phoenix. But here's a little explosion against a really great player in Kevin Durant in overtime.

- Wow.

I used to watch First Take at times when Skip and Stephen A were on there. Skip is the most annoying sports personality I have ever came across. I disagree with him probably 90% of the time on every topic. He says things for shock value, you guys need to realize that. Anyway I am watching the game and the Warriors are only up 27-24 after the 1st Qtr. Good game so far.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:47 pm

That was a bad Qtr. Down 61-44 at Half as we look lethargic on Defense. On the bright side, Lonzo is 4-4 from 3 point range. His shooting is getting much better as the season goes on.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Is KCP shooting under the influence? 0-6 from 3, ouch. And who is this Bell fellow, and why is he balling on us?
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Lakers storming back to take a 1 point lead
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:49 pm

GS 97
Lakers 93
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:50 pm

GS 99
Lakers 97
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Love our fight! We just keep playing. No giving up
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Another winnable game versus the leagues best team!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Kyle Kuzma is special .....

Kyle Kuzma is the first rookie Laker with three straight 25-point games since Jerry West 56 years ago.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Pretty good effort, we made a great comeback but fell short. We are in most games and this team is much more exciting to watch compared to the last few years. Lonzo had 24 tonight and Kuzma once again shines with 27. I think we make the Playoffs next season once Magic adds either a SuperStar or a couple more Good Role Players. I like our Roster right now but we just lack a SuperStar, if we had Paul George I think we would make the Playoffs this season for example.
3Peatkb24

Next

Return to LakerTalk