The Lonzo-est Yard

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Just horrible
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:35 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Just horrible

#1 There is a higher standard for first-round pick rookies. #2 There is an even higher standard for top-5 picks. These guys are getting WAAAY more minutes than their 45th pick or 3rd round pick rookie peers, so their numbers should be inflated, naturally. Can we see a filter for, say, all first rounders? I'm sure Lonzo still ranks well among them, but boy is he getting his in the most meek, non-aggressive way possible. I expect his fire to grow. He's not used to the higher level of comp, and he's not used to losing all these games. Still fragile, still young.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 am

“He needs to get better now,” Bryant said, before adding that fellow youngsters like Kyle Kuzma and Julius Randle must have the same mentality if the Purple and Gold are going to improve.

“We never thought, ‘Okay we’re gonna win four years from now,'” Kobe explained. “We really thought, ‘This is our year. We’re gonna get this done. We’re gonna push, push, push, push, push, get better now.’ And in the process of having that kind of impatience, you develop. If you’re just patiently going about it, you’ll never get there. For players, it’s a kind of patient impatience.”
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 am

This statement is right - from a Kobe perspective, but not necessarily applicable to all players, rookies and situations. I get it. But Kobe had a lot of confident and independent veterans surrounding him. So what does he know :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:14 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:30 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Sounds like an amendment to a much-vilified quote he just made. But - look! (as they say in the Bible) the team is responding! Ten wins, finally, yaaay :imok:

We need to put a string of victories together, now that we've "got it". 42-42 is looking reeeaaallll good right now. Can we scrap together 32 more wins in 57 games? No, we probably can't - trade deadlines notwithstanding. Are we a 35-win team? Yes, definitely. Is all of this attractive enough to a couple big-name veterans? Hell yes. Another roll of the dice is coming, and this time the Magic Man is dishing the rocks. I think I like our chances.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:57 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Sounds like an amendment to a much-vilified quote he just made. But - look! (as they say in the Bible) the team is responding! Ten wins, finally, yaaay :imok:

We need to put a string of victories together, now that we've "got it". 42-42 is looking reeeaaallll good right now. Can we scrap together 32 more wins in 57 games? No, we probably can't - trade deadlines notwithstanding. Are we a 35-win team? Yes, definitely. Is all of this attractive enough to a couple big-name veterans? Hell yes. Another roll of the dice is coming, and this time the Magic Man is dishing the rocks. I think I like our chances.

Magic wanted Ingram to be the closer with a 20 ppg average and Clarkson to be 6th man of the year. He has a vision. Goals for both of those dudes are realistic or close to it.

And we WILL be posting trimester grades. 27 games is a better gauge than your premature 19. :roflmao:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:55 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Magic wanted Ingram to be the closer with a 20 ppg average and Clarkson to be 6th man of the year. He has a vision. Goals for both of those dudes are realistic or close to it.

And we WILL be posting trimester grades. 27 games is a better gauge than your premature 19. :roflmao:

I actually agree, I think the 27/27/28 gauge is better the more I think about it. Ingram is getting stronger and Clarkson is Good.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:38 pm

You can't abort after the first trimester . . what you have is what you got! Buy diapers and wipes!
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:17 pm

MAGIC ON 2018 FREE AGENCY:

“I feel really good about it. Now, we have cap space for probably two max guys, but that’s not to say we’ll use both of them. We want to if we can, but we have a Plan A and we have Plan B. Say we only get one of those guys, then we’ll make a decision on not to use the cap space. We can do that and save it for the class that’s coming the next year. We’re not going to give money away just because we have the cap space. I’m not about that, if the guy can’t really take our team to another level. And we see what Kyrie Irving has done for the Boston Celtics. Put him with that young talent the Celtics have, and they’ve taken off. We feel the same thing can happen for the Lakers. If we get the right free agent, that guy can take our young talent to a whole ‘nother level.”

So -- who can work with Lonzo? Clearly we need a Shaq-type of paint presence, not a perimeter threat.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Yeah, but that was then and this is now. That was those teams and this is the Lakers.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:45 am

Lonzo's shooting percentage seems to be increasing, and his boards/assists should hold steady at just under the double-digit level. He'll get a lot of trip-dubs in his career, when he gains more confidence. Why can't he have the fire of a Kuzma, Clarkson or Ingram? Ask his dad, maybe.

"Will Ball be a superstar? In the end, it might be the wrong question to ask. Basketball's new economy doesn't leave a lot of room in the rafters for the guys who attempt only 11 shots a game. So Ball might not get that jersey on the Lakers' wall. A more likely scenario? The next jersey on that wall won't belong to Lonzo Ball -- but will owe its presence to him."

www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21704481/nb ... t-kobe-era
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:03 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Lonzo's shooting percentage seems to be increasing, and his boards/assists should hold steady at just under the double-digit level. He'll get a lot of trip-dubs in his career, when he gains more confidence. Why can't he have the fire of a Kuzma, Clarkson or Ingram? Ask his dad, maybe.

"Will Ball be a superstar? In the end, it might be the wrong question to ask. Basketball's new economy doesn't leave a lot of room in the rafters for the guys who attempt only 11 shots a game. So Ball might not get that jersey on the Lakers' wall. A more likely scenario? The next jersey on that wall won't belong to Lonzo Ball -- but will owe its presence to him."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2170 ... t-kobe-era

I think he has the fire, just doesn't display it. Like Luke says, he is playing the most difficult position on the court, so give him time to figure it all out. He's like a rookie QB navigating NFL defenses (with all that QB protection, of course).
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:28 am

KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:33 pm

"lol4: :rofl4:
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk