Game 24: 12/7/17 Lakers at 76ers GAME THREAD

Game 24: 12/7/17 Lakers at 76ers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 am

(8-15)Image at Image(13-10)

Thursday, December 7, 2017, 5:00 PM PDT
Wells Fargo Center • Philadelphia, PA

Referees: Tom Washington (#49), Bennie Adams (#47), Kevin Cutler (#34)

Replay Center: Tony Brothers, Dedric Taylor

Line: 76ers -7.5

Image National TV: TNT

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT 76ERS

by NBA.com

PHILADELPHIA -- The Los Angeles Lakers, who reach the midpoint of a six-game road trip when they visit the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday night, are hoping to avoid a repeat of last December's swoon.

The Lakers lost 14 of 16 games that month, and they have dropped their first two this month to run their losing streak to five. They carry an 8-15 record into the matchup with the Sixers (13-10).

"Hopefully we win some of these games this time," Lakers coach Luke Walton said. "But I definitely learned from that. ... The most important thing for us going into this stretch is continuing to know where our priorities are as far as what we're trying to do and where we're trying to get to. As long as we keep doing certain things, we'll come out stronger on the other side."

One of the things they will have to do Thursday is defend Joel Embiid. In the teams' Nov. 15 matchup, the Sixers center generated a career-high 46 points as well as 15 rebounds, seven assists and seven blocked shots to key a 115-109 Philadelphia victory.

Brandon Ingram countered with 26 points for the Lakers, and Kyle Kuzma scored 24. However, rookie point guard Lonzo Ball, matched against fellow first-year performer Ben Simmons, managed two points, five rebounds and two assists.

Simmons finished with 18 points, 10 assists, nine rebounds and five steals.

Ball is bothered by sore calves but is expected to play Thursday. He had just two points Sunday in Los Angeles' 118-95 loss to Houston, a game in which Kuzma, another rookie, notched 22 points off the bench.

Simmons, battling illness, scored 20 on Monday night against Phoenix. He leads all rookies in scoring (18.0 points a game), rebounds (9.3), assists (7.1) and steals (2.32). Kuzma is second in scoring (16.8), and Ball is second in assists (7.0).

The Sixers, however, could not withstand Devin Booker, whose 46-point explosion keyed a 115-101 victory by the Suns.

"I think we lost that game from the jump ball," said Embiid, who had 22 points, 12 rebounds and four blocked shots. "I think we took them lightly, and we paid for it."

Philadelphia coach Brett Brown did not disagree.

"A game like this is without a doubt a missed opportunity," he said. "When you have a goal to make the playoffs, we're all going to look at somebody that's like -- pick a number -- 41-41 or 42-40. It's going to be that close. And you only have so many times that you're able to poke yourself in the eye.

"Tonight was one of those for us here at home, and we walk out of this gym not feeling great at all about very much of what we did."

Sixers guard T.J. McConnell hopes to play Thursday after missing the past three games with a sprained shoulder. Philadelphia is without rookie guard Markelle Fultz, the top overall pick in this year's draft. He has missed the past 19 games with a shoulder injury.

Sixers guard/forward Justin Anderson (shin splints) is also out.

http://www.nba.com/games/20171207/LALPHI#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 24: 12/7/17 Lakers at 76ers GAME THREAD

Postby Moos » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Luke.... Share with us loyal Lakers fans some of your priorities... Besides defending Embiid?
..........Where are trying to get and do? Because I sure don't know. I'm just trying to figure
out Luke Walton’s coaching logic here. Make some f better decisions, man.

Well, reading the game preview sounds like.... Luke got his team winning this game, tonight
I hope so. We'll find out, Let's go Lakers... "rookies"!!!
Moos

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:01 pm

"A game like this is without a doubt a missed opportunity," he said. "When you have a goal to make the playoffs, we're all going to look at somebody that's like -- pick a number -- 41-41 or 42-40. It's going to be that close. And you only have so many times that you're able to poke yourself in the eye."

If losses are about poking ourselves in the eye, we're the damn Three Stooges! GO LAKERS!!
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:15 pm

lakerevolution wrote:"A game like this is without a doubt a missed opportunity," he said. "When you have a goal to make the playoffs, we're all going to look at somebody that's like -- pick a number -- 41-41 or 42-40. It's going to be that close. And you only have so many times that you're able to poke yourself in the eye."

If losses are about poking ourselves in the eye, we're the damn Three Stooges! GO LAKERS!!

I want to see an upgrade to our roster *not later.
Moos

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:11 pm

Why question Luke.

We shoot like shit and are competitive led by rookies.

Top 10 defense.

Its simple
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Great win. Growth. Fun game. I don't think it would have gone down to the wire if the refs didn't blow that call that gave Embiid his second three, but we got the win. More important, BI got some closer growth and Lonzo grew tonight, too.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Haven't checked the stats yet but way to rotate, Luke! :dedhors:
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:05 am

The win was a good team effort, we got the best rookies. Randle and BI are the reason we won the game we should keep them. Would the Lakers trade Deng & JR?? Lonzo's last pass was great court vision awareness dangers, but hey- Luke got them learning that in practices. Also, Jordan Clarkson was good 16 points in 14 mint. :xmastree2:
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:37 am

Moos wrote:The win was a good team effort, we got the best rookies. Randle and BI are the reason we won the game we should keep them. Would the Lakers trade Deng & JR?? Lonzo's last pass was great court vision awareness dangers, but hey- Luke got them learning that in practices. Also, Jordan Clarkson was good 16 points in 14 mint. :xmastree2:

I hope Magic and Rob feel the same way about Julius as most Lakers fans do. If they don't, I'm sure many GMs do, so he should have good value. I just hope we keep him. Also, Clarkson is growing up. He has not reached his ceiling and he's among the leaders in scoring off the bench. Continuity is important. Targeting one max guy in the off season should be enough IMO. We have guys on this team who will be all stars and exceptional rotation players already.
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:57 pm

Randle and Kuz and Clarkson have exceeded expectations.
I also see D Fish or Fox in Hart.
Ingram and Lonzo have positive intent.

Paul George seems like a good fit but if its Avery Bradley and we keep the kids...i wouldnt be mad
Julius Russell

Return to LakerTalk