Game 22: 12/2/17 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Game 22: 12/2/17 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:50 am

(8-13)Image at Image(12-9)

Saturday, December 2, 2017, 6:00 PM PDT
Pepsi Center • Denver, CO

Referees: Marc Davis (#8), Tre Maddox (#73), Ben Taylor (#46)

Replay Center: Nick Buchert, Karl Lane, Rodney Mott, Zach Zarba

Line: Nuggets -4.5

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT NUGGETS

by NBA.com

For 20 years the Los Angeles Lakers coming to Denver brought out fans excited to see Kobe Bryant. His Nos. 8 and 24 jerseys were all over the Pepsi Center, as the cheers tried to drown out boos from the Pepsi Center crowd.

Bryant is gone but there is another star in the making sure to replace Bryant in the heart of Lakers fans living in Denver. Lonzo Ball, the heralded rookie guard, is making his Pepsi Center debut Saturday night when L.A. visits Denver for the first time this season.

Ball, the second-overall pick in last June's NBA Draft, has lived up to the hype in the first 21 games. He is averaging 9.0 points, 7.2 assists and 7.0 rebounds a game and has five double-doubles. He also has two triple-doubles, the last coming in a 127-109 win over Denver on Nov. 19.

Ball has faced enormous pressure since coming out of UCLA after his freshman year, but he has handled it well. The Lakers (8-13) benefit when Ball is aggressive, like he was in the overtime loss to Golden State on Wednesday with 15 points and 10 assists.

"The difference when he's out there pushing the ball, whether he's shooting it or just he's creating that pace for us by throwing the ball ahead, is everything for our team's success," Lakers coach Luke Walton told The Los Angeles Times. "And when he's doing that and he's getting in the paint and getting us into our offense early we're just such a better team."

The Nuggets (12-9) feel the same about their young star, Nikola Jokic, who will miss Saturday's game with a sprained left ankle suffered in the 111-110 over Chicago on Thursday night. Jokic went down after stepping Jerian Grant's foot on a drive to the basket with 44 seconds left in the second quarter and didn't return.

Denver didn't practice Friday but Jokic underwent and was ruled out for Saturday's game against L.A. That means the Nuggets are without two of their top big men and two of their top three scorers.

Paul Millsap had surgery Sunday to repair ligament damage in his left wrist and will be out an extended time, and Wilson Chandler has missed two straight games with low back soreness. If Chandler can't go the Nuggets will be without their entire starting frontcourt against the Lakers.

Mason Plumlee would likely start in place of Jokic.

Without Millsap, the team's third-leading scorer at 15.3 points a game, and the top scorer and rebounder in Jokic (15.9 points, 11 rebounds a game), Denver needed somebody to step up to overcome the lowly Bulls on Thursday. Will Barton did the trick, scoring a career-high 37 points, including a reverse layup with 3.2 seconds left that gave the Nuggets the win.

Barton, averaging 15.4 points a game, has been Denver's most consistent player this season and took on the late-game pressure against Chicago.

"My team trusts me all the time with big moments and big shots and big plays, throughout practice, games or whatever," Barton said after the win. "The coaches feel the same way and always encourage me to get the ball. They know I have the confidence."

The Lakers might be down a player, too. Rookie Kyle Kuzma missed Wednesday's game with back spasms that flared up during that morning's shootaround and is questionable for Saturday. He had a precautionary MRI on Thursday that was negative and is considered day to day.

Despite missing the last game of November, Kuzma took home Western Conference Rookie of the Month honors -- including games in October -- after averaging 16.7 points and 6.1 rebounds a game. Kuzma has been able to stay relatively anonymous compared to Ball despite leading the team in scoring.

So far, Ball has handled the pressure well. Now he gets to experience the same love in Denver that Bryant did for 20 years.

http://www.nba.com/games/20171202/LALDEN#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 22: 12/2/17 Lakers at Nuggets GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:52 am

I really don't expect much at this point regarding wins, so I can at least watch without getting stressed out. We are still a year away from MAYBE being a Playoff team. If we miss the Playoffs this season that will be 5 seasons in a row = 2014-2018. Talk about having patience to put up with 5 years of losing BADLY. Man we have been the worse franchise going on 5 seasons - a laughing stock, think about that. Not Bad but the WORST! People outside of California find the Lakers irrelevant now days in general on chat boards and people laugh at me for being a Laker fan. Yes they laugh and they hate Lavar Ball to let you guys know! Lavar is nothing but a black Donald so I don't blame them, a loud mouth jerk that has his prejudices who just wants attention. Hey at this point I really don't care, the NBA has turned into the AAU and guys just want to play with their friends and play on stacked teams instead of building something!

-In my lifetime I will always have the 80's Lakers = Magic, Kareem, and Worthy (1980/82/85/87/88). I will always have the 2000's Lakers with Kobe/Shaq/Horry and Kobe/Pau (2000/01/02/09/2010). I will always have the 2006 Colts winning the SB beating the cheating Patriots and Brady/Belichick to get there (thanks to Peyton). Last of all I will always have the 2016 Cubs for finally breaking the curse and winning a WS - thank you Kris Bryant and Jake Arrieta! So I am content in my fandom. I have 12 Championships to celebrate between all 3 sports and all spread out since 1980.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:13 pm

3Peat . . gotta respectfully disagree with your comparison. For all his loud-mouthed braggodocio, Lavar had a vision of getting his sons to the NBA and his first-born on the Lakers, and so far it has all come true and his family has become modestly wealthy because of his drive and focus. Lonzo doesn't seem to be too much like him. He hasn't done anything nearly as scandalous and disgusting as Drumpf. I don't give two shits about his Big Baller Branding, and he's clearly not #1 Dad material after his son got caught stealing in China, but hey - this is America. If a bigoted, sexist, pussy-grabbing social idiot can become President of the United States, then Lavar Ball is small potatoes.

Aa for the Lakers, we have an excellent chance to win tonight. I think the squad may have learned something about itself in that Warriors game, and playing any other team should now feel a little easier by comparison. We have some of the youngest and most talented players in the league, and before we try to package any of them in trades, let's see if they can form a solid bond and go out and put a whooping on some of these non-elite teams. Finishing games is our weakness, so if we are tied or ahead late we gotta find a path - and a rotation, Luke - that knows how to wrap up that 4th period. Let's go!!
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 pm

3peat sad.....

Im loving Josh Hart.
Julius Russell

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:09 pm

3peat

The Lakers are always on national tv. Only a few relevant teams every year and we always are one.

Look at first take...

Lonzo and Luke are a great fit. Hart and Kuzma go well with Ingram Randle and Clarkson.
KCP only 24.

Lopez has been a mixed bag and Nance missed some games.
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Slop. Altitude. More slop. Luke? Yeah, he assumes some BLAME for this shit loss.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 pm

Julius Russell wrote:3peat sad.....

Im loving Josh Hart.

Not SAD, everything I posted above is true and we just lost to a team that isn't overly talented once again. I mean guys like Murray and Lyles beat us! Regarding Lavar Ball everything I said about him is true as well. Donald is an asshole too, they deserve each other, JMO. I think both aren't very nice people. People in here might find Lavar humorous but as a white male that respects women I don't nor do I find Donald humorous - both are buffoons and bigots IMO. I will always love the Lakers but we aren't that good right now unfortunately. Nuggets are 13-9 with no name players and we are 8-14, that is just nuts. Goodnight everyone.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Bigot?

Is Bill Wakton a bigot?

Steph's wife?
Mama durant?

Anyway. They are just as talented as us.

Lyles is Kuzma.
Murray is Clarkson.

Barton Faried etc.

It was a 46 minute game that the home team won.

Watch the games. We made young mistakes.

Luke gets zero blame. Did youwatch the turnover fest in the last 5 minutes. What could Luke do?
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Bigot?

Is Bill Wakton a bigot?

Steph's wife?
Mama durant?

Anyway. They are just as talented as us.

Lyles is Kuzma.
Murray is Clarkson.

Barton Faried etc.

It was a 46 minute game that the home team won.

Watch the games. We made young mistakes.

Luke gets zero blame. Did youwatch the turnover fest in the last 5 minutes. What could Luke do?

You have to explain to me about Bill Walton and mama Durant - I have no idea what you mean with that? All I know is what comes out of Donny's mouth and Lavar's mouth is a shit sandwich 99% of the time. Losing to teams like the Nuggets and Clippers may not bother you but it does me.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:04 am

These guys are still in the NCAA. We miss Kobe.
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:38 am

Clippers and Nuggets were in the playoffs last year... we weren't.

They have 7 ,8 year vets.

We are led by 20 year olds.

Lavar said his son would be a Laker. Magic said Lonzo would be better than himself.

Lakers are 1 of the 15 mediocre teams in the league but the arrow is pointing upwards.

Look at NY and Philly and Bucks as to ecampkes of building. Thats what we are doing.

Be mad at the sorry ass Pacers for not doing that. Or Andrew Luck for being injury prone.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Clippers and Nuggets were in the playoffs last year... we weren't.

Lavar said his son would be a Laker. Magic said Lonzo would be better than himself.

Lakers are 1 of the 15 mediocre teams in the league but the arrow is pointing upwards.

Look at NY and Philly and Bucks as to ecampkes of building. Thats what we are doing.

Be mad at the sorry ass Pacers for not doing that. Or Andrew Luck for being injury prone.

I was a Laker fan before you were born and was chatting with these guys in here way before you so keep on talking shit. I don't even care about the Pacers in general, yeah I like to see them play well because I am from Indy but that is about it. Regarding Luck, he isn't injury prone. He has had one major surgery and it is taking longer to heal than expected. Colts are being cautious and I have 0 problem with it. Wait until 2018(next season). Just because you live in Cali doesn't make you a bigger Laker fan than me. As a matter of fact you aren't even close to being near the Laker fan I am. I am in here every day Posting, where the fuck have you been - you pop in once a week! That is fucking weak - I work full-time and was even in school again for a while and have been here almost every day. Until you Post like I do than you need to tone it down. If I left here, this Site would be a ghost a town. By the way I was getting sick over Lakers losses in the 80's before you were born. Last but not least, if you love a loudmouth like Lavar that bashes white people over and over = Luke and Steve Alford for example and says rude remarks toward women than that is your problem, not mine.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:14 pm

I Post stuff in here constantly regarding history stuff and it gets ignored. Try to keep things lively in here and Positive but it doesn't matter. Hell I asked Ken and Nuggs a simple fucking question, what do you think about Aaron Boone being hired by the Yankees and I get 0 response. That is a very important hiring, it takes 2 minutes to respond so I give up. Maybe you guys think I love Donald for all I fucking I know because I live in Indiana - Robert the kid genius does :waaaaa: "lol4:

You guys can have it for a while, I am taking a break from here. I think it's the right thing to do. I used to love coming in here but anymore I don't. I still love Kenny, Rev, Craig, and Nuggs but just need a break for a while. Peace out my brethren, Go Lakers!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Clippers and Nuggets were in the playoffs last year... we weren't.

Pacers are just fine, "Be mad" we aren't better than Pacers and they don't even have Paul George anymore. Pacers are way ahead of us I hate to admit it, Dipo is a borderline Superstar and that team has great chemistry.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:49 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Pacers are way ahead of us I hate to admit it, Dipo is a borderline Superstar and that team has great chemistry.

I don't necessarily agree.
KobeMVP888

Next

Return to LakerTalk