Game 21: 11/27/17 Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 21: 11/27/17 Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:49 am

(15-6)Image at Image(8-12)

Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Ed Malloy (#14), Kevin Cutler (#34), Josh Tiven (#58)

Replay Center: Mark Ayotte, Bill Kennedy, Brett Nansel, Gary Zielinski

Line: Warriors -10.5

Image National: NBATV

GAME PREVIEW: WARRIORS AT LAKERS

by NBA.com

LOS ANGELES -- The Golden State Warriors are hoping to have at least one star player back from injury when they open a six-game road trip against the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center on Wednesday.

Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant each sat out a 110-106 loss to the visiting Sacramento Kings on Monday. Curry has a bruised right hand and Durant has been dealing with a sprained left ankle. Andre Iguodala played against Sacramento despite a sore left knee, as did Draymond Green with a bruised right foot.

Curry, the NBA most valuable player in 2015 and 2016, sustained the injury while pursuing a loose ball in the 110-95 win against the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday. His hand swelled the following day. Durant, the 2014 league MVP while with the Oklahoma City Thunder, has missed four of the past five games with his lingering injury.

Golden State coach Steve Kerr seemed more optimistic that Curry would return against the Lakers.

"I think he'll play Wednesday," Kerr told reporters following the loss to Sacramento.

The Lakers welcomed back an injured starter in their 120-115 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday night, which should strengthen their bench the most.

Larry Nance Jr. missed the past 11 games with a fracture in his left hand. He had nine points, eight rebounds and four steals in 30 minutes against the Clippers.

Kyle Kuzma had taken Nance's place as the starting power forward and the rookie averaged a team-high 16.8 points while Nance was out. Kuzma returned to his reserve role against the Clippers and scored 15 points in 20 minutes, his least playing time since the season-opening loss to the Clippers.

"I don't believe in players losing starting positions from getting hurt," Lakers coach Luke Walton told reporters after the game. "I think Kuzma did a very nice job of filling in for him, but now that Larry's ready to play again we'll put him back to the spot that he earned in training camp."

Kuzma said he was fine with the decision.

"To me, it doesn't really matter," Kuzma said. "I proved I can play against second-unit guys, first-unit guys. Same thing."

Another delicate decision Walton continues to face is the amount of playing time for rookie starting point guard Lonzo Ball, especially at the end of close games.

Ball had another down performance against the Clippers, finishing with three points on 1-for-7 shooting. He contributed five rebounds and a team-high seven assists, but was outplayed again by reserve point guard Jordan Clarkson, who finished with 17 points on 8-for-12 shooting, eight rebounds and five assists.

Ball and Clarkson each played 26 minutes, but it was Ball who was on the floor the final 5:13. He entered with the Lakers trailing by three points, had a turnover and missed a running pull-up jumper when they were down one, and then missed a 3-pointer with eight seconds left, the final shot of the game.

Ball's shooting percentage has dipped to 30.9 and his 3-point mark is down to 24.5. Still, plenty of NBA coaches and players believe Ball will eventually perform like the No. 2 overall draft pick he was last June.

"I don't think Lonzo will be good, I think he'll be great," Clippers coach Doc Rivers said. "His passing is contagious, and it's not a disease a lot of people have in this league."

http://www.nba.com/games/20171129/GSWLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 20: 11/27/17 Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:57 am

While we won't whisper "W" while warring with Wednesday's Dubs, we wistfully wish Walton well.

I predict Lonzo will have a breakout game, with 12 points :waaaaa:

Let's go Lakeshow -- kick 'em when they're down! :Nutskick:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 am

I'm representing, BTW. Lonzo isn't a shooting guard. Let's focus on what he does well. He will be a star in this league without averaging 15 - 20 ppg.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Moos » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:47 pm

I went to a shopping mall looking to buy running shoes the one I own got 2 small holes in each one, due for new. I like and bought Nike my favorite brand in "blue & whit". Then I noticed Lakers jerseys in the store hanging on the floor rack visible of course, I kind of knew there wouldn't be one in my size, so I decided to look closely anyways thinking maybe I get lucky this time! surprisingly, I found one my size that says LAKERS 2 written on the front & BALL on the back picked it up to go pay at the cash register, noticed in front of me a guy "Filipino" buying a Celtic jersey I asked him whose jersey he is buying? He showed me #11 I told him Irving is a good player he asked you a Laker? I said yes. Well, to make the story short his buddies & I ended up at coffee shop near by chatting about basketball.

Enjoy tonight's Warriors shootout offensive game. Go Lakers!!!
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:18 pm

I don't see anyway we win this game but since Kenny is representing, maybe he can bring the MAGIC!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:56 pm

Wow. Is this fun! A lot of heart and great defense overall against these guys.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:19 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Wow. Is this fun! A lot of heart and great defense overall against these guys.

Yeah that was a great game, man we had them but Durant sunk the 3. Once it got to OT I figured we were screwed, still a great effort.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:44 am

Damn! Can't blame Luke for this one :joke:

Nance with zero buckets in 22 min, not ideal but he's still getting his rhythm back. A couple of monster dunks would have been epic. Would love to have been there for the energy of this one! Can't quite claim a moral victory, but hopefully the buzz of this OT game - considering Durant and Steph both suited up - will carry over. It's gonna be a testy December.
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:11 am

OT games are good for the Lakers, some films to look back to for next matches.
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:57 am

lakerevolution wrote:Damn! Can't blame Luke for this one :joke:

Nance with zero buckets in 22 min, not ideal but he's still getting his rhythm back. A couple of monster dunks would have been epic. Would love to have been there for the energy of this one! Can't quite claim a moral victory, but hopefully the buzz of this OT game - considering Durant and Steph both suited up - will carry over. It's gonna be a testy December.

It was a blast. I was a little perturbed that Julius didn't get more minutes. Truthfully, he should be starting at power forward. But to BLAME Luke for this loss? Come on, Rev. He had the team playing with 48 minutes of energy. With the exception of a few breakdowns, they played excellent defense. Should he have allowed Randle ramble toward the basket instead of calling a timeout with 5+ seconds left? Perhaps, but as the play developed in front of me, I thought it would wind up failing, so I can't complain about the timeout. The resulting attempt at the rim by Ingram was predictable, both in the likelihood that he would miss it and get fouled without a call (which caused him to miss it). No, this loss wasn't on Luke. It was a valiant effort against the NBA's best team and tehrefore a credit to him. To Luke's credit, the team is developing an identity and next year will be in the playoffs when they plug in a few of the holes that are probably the easiest to fix.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:28 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Damn! Can't blame Luke for this one :joke: .

I was a little perturbed that Julius didn't get more minutes. Truthfully, he should be starting at power forward. But to BLAME Luke for this loss?

You see that guy with the "J/K" sign up there? :bart: No, I thought the game was spectacular. Luke probably told the squad "Go out and outplay the champs." And for 48 minutes, they kinda did!
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

I was a little perturbed that Julius didn't get more minutes. Truthfully, he should be starting at power forward. But to BLAME Luke for this loss?

You see that guy with the "J/K" sign up there? :bart: No, I thought the game was spectacular. Luke probably told the squad "Go out and outplay the champs." And for 48 minutes, they kinda did!

Sorry. I read that to mean that Luke was obviously to blame for it. They did outplay the champs; they just can't out shoot them.

So read this complete and utter bullshit!

I was there. The play happened right below me and I saw it very clearly. The contact was much more than "marginal." Here's what happened. Julius was rambling down the court and it looked to everyone that the play was going forward, but Luke called the timeout. That's a 50-50 decision as far as I see it, so no complaints there. Scott says to me: "He'll call a play for Ingram and Ingram will drive to the basket, get fouled and miss the shot and the refs won't blow the whistle." I told Scott that I thought Luke should call a play for KCP and have him work off multiple screens to get a clean look. Scott was right. Ingram got creamed, otherwise he lays it in. Ballgame. Scoreboard!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:27 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Sorry. I read that to mean that Luke was obviously to blame for it. They did outplay the champs; they just can't out shoot them.

So read this complete and utter bullshit!

I was there. The play happened right below me and I saw it very clearly. The contact was much more than "marginal." Here's what happened. Julius was rambling down the court and it looked to everyone that the play was going forward, but Luke called the timeout. That's a 50-50 decision as far as I see it, so no complaints there. Scott says to me: "He'll call a play for Ingram and Ingram will drive to the basket, get fouled and miss the shot and the refs won't blow the whistle." I told Scott that I thought Luke should call a play for KCP and have him work off multiple screens to get a clean look. Scott was right. Ingram got creamed, otherwise he lays it in. Ballgame. Scoreboard!

Ingram will get those calls eventually once he becomes an All-Star. You know how the NBA is :scream: I do agree I love Pope down the stretch of games. He makes big shots.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:08 am

"The 6-foot-8 power forward shot an effective 9-of-13 from the floor and got the scrap buckets when they counted most against a Warriors team that refused to let go of the rope."

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-news- ... dle-plays/
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk