Game 20: 11/27/17 Lakers at Clippsterns GAME THREAD

Re: Game 20: 11/27/17 Lakers at Clippsterns GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 pm

They never should have traded Lou Williams. I said it then and I'm saying it again. We didn't need two more prospects and Corey Brewer. He does what we need and he'll be doing it for 4-5 more seasons. FUCK!!!!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Very disappointing. I know we’re young but this was a winnable game. I feel like Clarkson looks. Btw why wasn’t Clarkson & KUZMA finishing the game? We couldn’t buy a basket at the end of the game.
Lakers4Life

Postby Moos » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:08 am

We threw this game away. The Clippers pounded us with a 15-2 run to take a 110-104 lead. WILLIAMS hit a 3-pointer and got fouled on another attempt, making three free throws, before Griffin's one-handed baseline jam. It'll be tougher next game- GS "Warriors".
Moos

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:55 am

Random thoughts from Laker Nation: "Larry Nance -16, 9pts in 29min...Kuz +14, 15pts in 19min...also Ball -12, 3pts in 26min...Clarkson +3, 17pts in 26min...Clarkson and Kuzma deserved to finish this game and I would have put Brook in for Randle...Lou Williams with 42 points and Lakers made him look like a HOF'er since they refused to double him off picks nor force him left...I blame this loss on the coaching staff . . . Luke never made adjustments down the stretch, left Clarkson and Kuz on the bench for Nance and Ball...also Brook should have finished the game since we had no rim protector...winnable game for the Lakers down the stretch without Blake on the court . . We dont have time. We dont have a pick. We aren't impressing freee agents. We dont have time. Randle is on an expiring contract, Brook is on an expiring contract, and then KCP too. Thats why they need wins, because 3 of the best players in the team may not be here next season. That would be ground zero again."

I know we are pledged to keep it GHF in here, but real critique of the why's behind the what's is natural for any fan wanting to see some inspired basketball out of what really is a passable lineup this year. Losing sucks, and too much of it can be semi-permanently damaging. Get it together, squad!!! :pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:20 am

Sweet Lou killed us :icantlook:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:44 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I go by every 20 games on grading basically and if we win tonight that puts us 9-11, at worse I say C but I have to look at it more closely. Man if we lose tonight and considering the opponent that isn't good.

Forget the record. Looking at defensive rating (6th), defending threes (2nd), points in the paint (1st), rebounds (6th), blocked shots (4th), steals (14th) and assists (12th). Unfortunately, our 3 point shooting and free throw shooting are the worst in the NBA, but who the fuck didn't know that would be the case going into the season (well, 3pt at least)? We lost Nick Young, Lou Williams and D'Angelo Russell, our only decent 3 point shooters. IMO, those are much easier fixes than defense and the other aforementioned stats where we have showed tremendous improvement since last season. The B- I gave us (regardless of tonight's outcome) seems a bit harsh, to be honest. An identity is coming into focus, which is by far the most important thing. The pieces of this puzzle will follow. I amend my grade to a B.

Yes those are pretty good overall stats with the exception of FT's and 3point shooting, I get all of that but the overall record has to be factored in. That is just my opinion. All most people care about is if you win or lose. Do you think anyone gives a rats ass that the Indians or Dodgers went 7 games in the WS, no they don't because they lost. All people remember is who wins. At 8-12 that is a C- , Rev actually nailed it yesterday. Projection wise with the schedule we have had, we should at least be 10-10 at worse. We even started 10-10 last season. My C- grade isn't just about the record either. A lot of it is our inability to be able to close games and Luke's rotations in the 2nd Half in these close games is driving me nuts. I don't understand most of them. Our 3 point shooting is a killer, it may be among the NBA's worst in league history % wise. To be honest with you with the schedule we have had I thought we would be at least 10-10, if not above .500. Hell even the Pacers after losing PG are 12-9. They are better than we are and lost their best player. The East is even a lot tougher this season than normal.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:48 am

lakerevolution wrote:I blame this loss on the coaching staff ..

I'm sensing a theme, Rev. Not sure if we would have won with different personnel out there, but Kuzma wasn't having a great game defensively and Brook stunk up the joint. Clarkson should have been in there for Lonzo, who is in the midst of his rookie doldrums. He's confused as hell out there lately.

It's the free throws, man. And the turnovers.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:26 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I'm sensing a theme, Rev. Not sure if we would have won with different personnel out there, but Kuzma wasn't having a great game defensively and Brook stunk up the joint. Clarkson should have been in there for Lonzo, who is in the midst of his rookie doldrums. He's confused as hell out there lately.

FT's, Turnovers, and 3Point Shooting - all killers. I agree with you 100% that we should've never got rid of Lou Williams. I didn't understand that at all and still don't. He is a Great scorer off the bench and can make FT's and hit 3's. With him I honestly believe we are 12-8 instead of 8-12.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:45 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

It's also not having your two hot hands on the court in crunch time. And playing that top-ranked defense for 3/4 of the game but forgetting that holding onto a hard-fought lead in your home arena is what makes good teams better. And starting off the first 1/4 of the season putting up the worst combined FG/FT/3PT% in the entire league and maybe in Laker history. Is it mental? Is it physical? Did Stern and his cronies put some kind of bad ju-ju on us that will last until we get our next Kobe?

Luke had his golden moment when he sat in for Kerr, and now he's tasting the Del Harris side of the coaching game. I have faith in him. But the proof is in the jiggling Jello. What would TrueFan Sam, or even Chick, say about things as they stand right now?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:06 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

It's also not having your two hot hands on the court in crunch time. And playing that top-ranked defense for 3/4 of the game but forgetting that holding onto a hard-fought lead in your home arena is what makes good teams better. And starting off the first 1/4 of the season putting up the worst combined FG/FT/3PT% in the entire league and maybe in Laker history. Is it mental? Is it physical? Did Stern and his cronies put some kind of bad ju-ju on us that will last until we get our next Kobe?

Luke had his golden moment when he sat in for Kerr, and now he's tasting the Del Harris side of the coaching game. I have faith in him. But the proof is in the jiggling Jello. What would TrueFan Sam, or even Chick, say about things as they stand right now?

I am with you Rev. This team has been disappointing IMO through the first 20 games. Yeah we have had our moments and statistically we don't stink overall but sitting at 8-12 is not what I envisioned through the 1st Qtr of the season. Our inability to close games, make 3's, make key FT's, and our Coaching rotations are glaringly Bad, JMO. I am very frustrated because we could easily be 12-8 or 13-7 with some of the close losses we have had. It's only 20 games but as of now I don't see a Playoff team this season.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk