The Lonzo-est Yard

The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:55 am

This thread is purely for Lonzo talk. I'm watching Isaiah Thomas and Kevin McHale talk about him, and their assessment is that "he doesn't look like he's enjoying playing basketball . . I'm looking at his face and there's no joy in his game right now." (McHale).

"In L.A., I mean it is Hollywood . . you can have game, but you have to have personality with the game, like Magic. He has to have his daddy's personality." (Zeke)

"Being from L.A. (Chino Hills), I wonder how difficult is his situation? Does he have an outlet off the court after the game?" (Steve Smith)
lakerevolution

Re: The Lonzo-est Yard

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:04 am

Needs fact-checking, but:

Season-highs for Rookies:
Most points : Kyle Kuzma (30), Lonzo Ball (29)
Most rebounds : Lonzo Ball (16), John Collins (13)
Most assists : Lonzo Ball (13), Lonzo Ball (13)
Most steals : Frankie (6), Lonzo Ball (5)
Most blocks : Lonzo Ball (4), Lonzo Ball (4)
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:36 am

Glad you created this Thread because we can also do a TDB watch with him as well. It is at 2 so far. I think he is happy to be a Laker as he is from Cali. He just has a nonchalant personality, he's not a rah rah type of guy like Magic was. His Rebounding so far has been Great for a PointG, Passing/Assists - Good, Defense - Average. He just needs to work on his shot as his Scoring is Below Average as of now. Jason Kidd was an awful 3 point shooter for long while in his career (shot 27% his Rookie season from 3) and ended up having several seasons shooting over 40% from the 3 late in his career with Dallas.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Lonzo excites me. Who knew that two of his greatest strengths would be rebounding and defense? Hell, those would have been at the end of my list! The shooting woes will correct themselves in time. He is way too smart and dedicated of a talented for him to be the next Anthony Brown in that realm. He is right there with Ben Simmons in terms of his vision and passing abilities, perhaps better.

HAVING SAID THAT, I now love LaVar as well. He has gotten so far under the Orange Fuckwad's skin that instead of focusing on things like Thanksgiving or remembering JFK today, the incompetent, insecure baby is calling LaVar names on Twitter instead. The CEO of Big Baller Brand must be in heaven right about now!!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:37 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Lonzo excites me. Who knew that two of his greatest strengths would be rebounding and defense? Hell, those would have been at the end of my list! The shooting woes will correct themselves in time. He is way too smart and dedicated of a talented for him to be the next Anthony Brown in that realm. He is right there with Ben Simmons in terms of his vision and passing abilities, perhaps better.

HAVING SAID THAT, I now love LaVar as well. He has gotten so far under the Orange Fuckwad's skin that instead of focusing on things like Thanksgiving or remembering JFK today, the incompetent, insecure baby is calling LaVar names on Twitter instead. The CEO of Big Baller Brand must be in heaven right about now!!!

"He has gotten so far under the Orange Fuckwad's skin". I am at work and nearly spit my coffee out after reading that quote! :roflmao: that is too fucking funny! I do think what Mr Orange did was a great thing helping those kids in China but that is a different story. I seriously doubt he will do 2 terms Kenny so we only have to put up with him for 3 more years more than likely. A lot of people don't like him so he wont get re-elected IMO.
3Peatkb24

Postby Moos » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:00 am

In college Z02 -shot 70% from FT line 55% from the field and 41% from 3 right? His shot needs work, work in progress.

Comparing/judging compare rookie through rookie. If I had time...I'd judge their first 30 games by watching them play...because you usually see improvement in your final 30 games. My point is that there's an adjustment period for MOST young players...
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I do think what Mr Orange did was a great thing helping those kids in China but that is a different story.

From what I read, the terd didn't do jackshit. The kids would have been let loose anyway, but Mr. Insecure needed his fragile ego massaged. What a piece of skunk shit!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Nycitylaker » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:43 am

Thanks for this thread Rev. It's a great topic. Not just for Laker fans. Zo is a constant topic whenever another rook is BALLin (pun most definitely intended).
Shooting will improve. Passing needs to be more committed. Does anyone else see a lack of conviction too often when he does see open mates? Also, passing is contagious right? Is lackadasical effort when passing contagious too? Add high dribbling too. The other young fellas seem to copy his 8 second journey to the offensive side of the court after inbounding. WTH
On the bright side....rebounding, defensive recovery speed, stronger than he looks, blocking....BLOCKING!
side note: BI will average over 20 by the end of season and develop into our closer.
Nycitylaker

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I do think what Mr Orange did was a great thing helping those kids in China but that is a different story.

From what I read, the terd didn't do jackshit. The kids would have been let loose anyway, but Mr. Insecure needed his fragile ego massaged. What a piece of skunk shit!

"skunk shit" :roflmao: I love you man! Hey Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else in here. This is my favorite holiday. I am out at my mom's now getting ready to eat some Turkey, Stuffing, Mash Potatoes and Gravy and breaking out the Crown.

Sorry Rev I got off topic, wont happen again as I will get back to Lonzo talk but it's Thanksgiving and Kenny has me rolling.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:38 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

"skunk shit" :roflmao: I love you man! Hey Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else in here. This is my favorite holiday. I am out at my mom's now getting ready to eat some Turkey, Stuffing, Mash Potatoes and Gravy and breaking out the Crown.

Sorry Rev I got off topic, wont happen again as I will get back to Lonzo talk but it's Thanksgiving and Kenny has me rolling.

Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Stay away from the orange colored veggies this year! :waaaaa:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:31 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Lightskinned or not, a 6'5" 220 lb. American person of color (even if it's Chinese color :waaaaa: ) CANNOT go plundering around high-end retail stores in foreign superpower countries stealing shit. I mean, what kind of BIG BALLER does this as a "brand"? If China really owns most of the U.S. anyway, maybe it's just borrowing in secret? :waaaaa: If he's my son I smack him upside his head about twelve times and make him run gassers until he coughs up both lungs. What a dumbass.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:58 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Not to start a debate but I am not sure I believe this. This is coming from a guy that doesn't even like Donald, I just keep an open mind regarding politics. I have never heard of the Palmer Report until you just Posted that but did research on it and it's very liberal based, Pro Hillary. Those kids had to get out of China somehow and Lavar Ball did nothing so people can come to their own conclusions. China takes theft very seriously so I doubt they would just let them kids go without something big happening. I still read on different Sites, Donald had everything to do with getting those kids out of there. I guess it just depends on what you believe. I am not even sure why Donald would lie about a thing like that either. Yes he lies a lot but to lie about that seems strange - he gets nothing out of this except a pat on the back. JMO's

I agree with you Rev, regardless of who done what, Lavar Ball acts like stealing is no big deal and all he did was brag about Son's GPA and being a great kid. Sorry guys but I don't like Lavar at all, cant stand his personality as he just isn't a rational or caring person at all outside of his family. I love Lonzo but his dad is a arrogant jerk, especially toward white people and women in general - which is a fact not opinion. Like Rev said if my son got caught stealing especially out of the country I would slap him upside the head. Take away all of his privilege's for at least a month to teach him a lesson if he were still living with me. All Lavar does is blow this off and mock the situation. Lavar needs to realize he is lucky as fuck because his kid could've done prison time with that being in China.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:36 am

A couple of articles about Lonzo's usage, and if his minutes and starting position are a good thing for him, and the team.

"Ball is getting the same treatment that Stephen Curry got with the Warriors, John Wall got with the Wizards and Damian Lillard got with the Trail Blazers."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la ... story.html

https://lasportshub.com/2017/11/24/lake ... -clarkson/
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:39 am

lakerevolution wrote:A couple of articles about Lonzo's usage, and if his minutes and starting position are a good thing for him, and the team.

"Ball is getting the same treatment that Stephen Curry got with the Warriors, John Wall got with the Wizards and Damian Lillard got with the Trail Blazers."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la ... story.html

https://lasportshub.com/2017/11/24/lake ... -clarkson/

I find it interesting how all the focus is on Lonzo's shitty shooting when he has affected the game in so many other ways. For all the responsibility that has been bestowed on him, he is having a fine rookie season. He will be an all-star in this league at some point in the next 5 seasons, as will Kuzma and Ingram. I think Randle has that potential, too. I just hope it's with the Lakers.
KobeMVP888

Next

Return to LakerTalk