Preseason Thread

Re: Preseason Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:14 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:One last thing on this Shaq, Ray Lewis, and Cam Newton all agree with me, kneeling is wrong. Game over. Look it up on youtube. Ray Lewis thinks it's ridiculous to protest that way so does Shaq. NFL is losing ratings because of this too.

All of them are expressing their opinions, and there are legitimately two sides of this coin. Sadly, the Big Asshole In Chief successfully distracted everyone away from Chalrotteville with this shit, so fuck him. The idea that the media stopped talking about the "both sides" comment after Charlottesville is infuriating because there are NOT two sides to THAT coin!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:22 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Imagine if Jamele Hill were white and called hwuyat the N word, I guarantee she would've been shitcanned and should be. That is wrong and it is wrong when you work for a major sports network to call the president basketball? as well. Works both ways folks.

Except for one thing, 3Peat. Tr*mp is a basketball? and has a long history of it. Barack hwuyat represented everything good about is regardless of the color of your skin. So why is it that is is OK for Tr*mp to tweet whatever shit enters his warped mind, yet Jamele Hill can't? We are in the day and age of Social Media which has exposed who we are as a country because information is both plentiful and instantaneous. The idea that rich white billionaires should have the upper hand, whether it is politics, sports or otherwise, is damaging our country in ways that we are just beginning to see. Bravo for Jamele and shame on the ass kissers! Fuck Jerry Jones, too.

Also, I defer to Gregg Popovich:

"I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this President had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents hwuyat and Bush never contacted their families, is so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.

This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all."

Should Pop be suspended for his harsh words against Tr*mp, too?

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-sou ... -to-trump/
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Popovich was able to leverage his "stature", much like Eminem just brilliantly did on the Hip Hop Awards, to say as a (rich) white guy what millions across America would love to say directly to Agent Orange. Imagine, we thought Dubya was the worst prez ever. Bush, come back!!! :roflmao:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:59 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Popovich was able to leverage his "stature", much like Eminem just brilliantly did on the Hip Hop Awards, to say as a (rich) white guy what millions across America would love to say directly to Agent Orange. Imagine, we thought Dubya was the worst prez ever. Bush, come back!!! :roflmao:

The "soulless coward" (and fucking moron) has yet to take on 1) LeBron James, 2) Eminem and 3) Gregg Popovich. Of the 3, he probably has only heard of LeBron. Is Pop challenging him to come after him in a tweet by calling him a "soulless coward"? Stay tuned.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:40 pm

I think lpmua6 sucks so I am with you and Rev but what I mean by WE is we all need to realize we just cant say everything we want too and be able to get away with it. Ken, let me ask you this, what if someone that was a minority said something to you that offended you deeply would you be upset? I bet if you said the same thing back, people would look at you as basketball?. Hell remember the dancing monkey emoticon, I thought Cyber was going to jump off a cliff and you didn't even mean anything by it. As a white male if I was to go into work right now and tell a gay guy that I work with, that it is wrong being gay - I would lose my job. If he called me a homo phobe asshole nothing would happen to him. Everyone in here knows that's true. So is that ok?? I actually have no problem with gay people but I am making a point.

*and yes Jamele should be fired if Curt Schilling was. What she said was worse.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:51 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I think lpmua6 sucks so I am with you and Rev but what I mean by WE is we all need to realize we just cant say everything we want too and be able to get away with it. Ken, let me ask you this, what if someone that was a minority said something to you that offended you deeply would you be upset? I bet if you said the same thing back, people would look at you as basketball?. Hell remember the dancing monkey emoticon, I thought Cyber was going to jump off a cliff and you didn't even mean anything by it. As a white male if I was to go into work right now and tell a gay guy that I work with, that it is wrong being gay - I would lose my job. If he called me a homo phobe asshole nothing would happen to him. Everyone in here knows that's true. So is that ok?? I actually have no problem with gay people but I am making a point.

:pissedkobe:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:20 am

LOL what's up with the censors. I think we shouldn't discuss politics in here anymore because Ken and I are basketballs :roflmao: No biggy. We are just expressing our opinions and didn't even say any thing threatening. Go Lakers.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:03 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I think lpmua6 sucks so I am with you and Rev but what I mean by WE is we all need to realize we just cant say everything we want too and be able to get away with it. Ken, let me ask you this, what if someone that was a minority said something to you that offended you deeply would you be upset? I bet if you said the same thing back, people would look at you as basketball?. Hell remember the dancing monkey emoticon, I thought Cyber was going to jump off a cliff and you didn't even mean anything by it. As a white male if I was to go into work right now and tell a gay guy that I work with, that it is wrong being gay - I would lose my job. If he called me a homo phobe asshole nothing would happen to him. Everyone in here knows that's true. So is that ok?? I actually have no problem with gay people but I am making a point.

Saying things is one thing, but peacefully protesting societal wrongs is another. I do not think that Jamele Hill's comments were worse than Nazi Curt Schilling's. As Gregg Popovich said, we don't even understand what it's like to be born white in this country. Curt Schilling is a prime example. Man, do I abhor him and everything he stands for.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Saying things is one thing, but peacefully protesting societal wrongs is another. I do not think that Jamele Hill's comments were worse than Nazi Curt Schilling's. As Gregg Popovich said, we don't even understand what it's like to be born white in this country. Curt Schilling is a prime example. Man, do I abhor him and everything he stands for.

I think what Schilling said was wrong as well. Do you dislike Schilling? I know you do the Prez.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:34 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I think what Schilling said was wrong as well. Do you dislike Schilling? I know you do the Prez.

I don't understand the value system of those who "bleed red" and Schilling fits that category. I think they're a bunch of hypocritical, mean-spirited assholes who are devoid of any true morals whatsoever. Name one issue that they get behind that isn't selfish and mean-spirited. I can't. I'm referring to the politicians and public figures, not naive voters or intelligent voters who can formulate good reasons for why they are conservative (i.e., abhor liberal thinking).
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:53 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I think what Schilling said was wrong as well. Do you dislike Schilling? I know you do the Prez.

I don't understand the value system of those who "bleed red" and Schilling fits that category. I think they're a bunch of hypocritical, mean-spirited assholes who are devoid of any true morals whatsoever. Name one issue that they get behind that isn't selfish and mean-spirited. I can't. I'm referring to the politicians and public figures, not naive voters or intelligent voters who can formulate good reasons for why they are conservative (i.e., abhor liberal thinking).

I don't know what to believe anymore Ken, I see legitimate gripes by people but I also see the other side of things. I am open minded on every subject.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:50 pm

By the way I apologize if I offended anyone in here with my comments, I love me some Kenny and love everyone in here - you guys are my brethren. I am at a point where I am in the middle on my beliefs. It's hard to trust anyone anymore and tough to tell who is authentic. I put up a safeguard a lot when it comes to politics and try to see both sides of everything than analyze. Peace out I am going to bed, hey Go Dodgers :roflmao: They deserve it, don't pull a 97/98 Utah Jazz and blow it, it's your time to the Dodgers fans.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:By the way I apologize if I offended anyone in here with my comments, I love me some Kenny and love everyone in here - you guys are my brethren. I am at a point where I am in the middle on my beliefs. It's hard to trust anyone anymore and tough to tell who is authentic. I put up a safeguard a lot when it comes to politics and try to see both sides of everything than analyze. Peace out I am going to bed, hey Go Dodgers :roflmao: They deserve it, don't pull a 97/98 Utah Jazz and blow it, it's your time to the Dodgers fans.

THE PRESEASON IS OFFICIALLY OVER. :xclaphands:

The Lakers' last move was to sign Vander Blue to the last two-way contract.
KobeMVP888

Previous

Return to LakerTalk