Preseason Game 5: 10/10/17 Jazz at Lakers GAME THREAD

Preseason Game 5: 10/10/17 Jazz at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:30 am

(4-0)Image at Image(1-3)

Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Tony Brown (#6), Mark Ayotte (#56), JT Orr (#72)

Line: OFF

Image ESPN

GAME PREVIEW: JAZZ AT LAKERS

by Joey Ramirez, nba.com

The Lakers return to STAPLES Center after picking up their first preseason win in Las Vegas.

As Kyle Kuzma, Brook Lopez and co. prepare for the Utah Jazz, here are three questions to keep in mind.

Who starts at the four?

With point guard Lonzo Ball out due to a sprained ankle, it’s safe to predict that Tyler Ennis, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Brandon Ingram and Brook Lopez will return to the starting five.

The only gap is at power forward, where there are three candidates.

Julius Randle started the majority of last season, as well as preseason’s first three contests. However, he came off the bench in Sunday’s win over Sacramento and excelled, putting up 17 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and three steals.

Larry Nance Jr. started against the Kings after impressing coach Luke Walton during training camp. Nance’s preseason numbers have been pedestrian, but Walton likes how he competes on defense and makes plays that don’t necessarily show up in the box score.

Then there’s Kyle Kuzma, who has emerged as a universal fan favorite this preseason. The 27th-overall pick has far outperformed his draft position by averaging 19.5 points — fifth-most in the NBA — on a blistering 62.0 percent clip.

Walton said that he has debated giving Kuzma a chance to start this preseason, though he also does like the energy and buckets that he produces in the second unit.

Where does the offense come from?

The easy answer here is Kuzma, who — after Sacramento tied the game with five minutes left — either scored or assisted on all of the final five Lakers baskets to end Sunday’s win.

Kuzma has shown a wealth of talent at the four position, backing down smaller defenders, blowing past larger ones and staying active off the ball by cutting to the hoop and spotting up on the perimeter. This has led to his ridiculous 25-of-30 mark from inside the arc.

Other than Kuzma and Randle, the biggest name that stands out is Brook Lopez, who averaged more than 20 points for the Brooklyn Nets last season.

After dealing with back spasms early in camp, Lopez debuted against the Kings and immediately got to work by dropping 10 points in the first quarter alone.

He offered a sample platter of his skill set, posting up on the left block for a couple buckets and swishing a pair of 3-pointers. The 10-year veteran expects to get a bit more playing time against Utah after appearing for only 15 minutes on Sunday.

Can B.I. break out?

It has been a frustrating preseason for Brandon Ingram, who said that “offensively it’s not going so well at all” at Monday’s practice.

Indeed, Ingram has averaged only 8.0 points on 26.7 percent shooting. Even his greatest strength from last year — scoring at the rim — has been a struggle, as he’s shot just 5-of-14 inside the paint.

Walton felt that Ingram has been trying too hard to prove himself, while Lakers President Magic Johnson advised that the 20-year-old simply relax and have fun on the court.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/171010-l ... z-preview/
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Preseason Game 5: 10/10/17 Jazz at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Hard to believe the Regular Season is less than 10 days away.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:03 pm

The mystery that is Brandon Ingram. Another example of "pulling out too early", NCAA style?

#GOLAKERS
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:29 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Hard to believe the Regular Season is less than 10 days away.

Yessireee!!! And I will be representing, although I won't be at the Kobe retirement game, ALTHOUGH if anyone wants to send vibes at LA Live that night, I'd be thrilled to be there!!! Rev? 3Peat? Craig? Nuggz? Moos? Kirby? NYC? What do you say?
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Yessireee!!! And I will be representing, although I won't be at the Kobe retirement game, ALTHOUGH if anyone wants to send vibes at LA Live that night, I'd be thrilled to be there!!! Rev? 3Peat? Craig? Nuggz? Moos? Kirby? NYC? What do you say?

Hell, I don't even know when Kobe's retirement game is, but if I'm coming to LA, I"M GOING TO THE GAME!!!
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:54 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Hell, I don't even know when Kobe's retirement game is, but if I'm coming to LA, I"M GOING TO THE GAME!!!

December 18th. If you go, I'll go. VERY expensive ticket though.

Watching Rudy Gobert dominate tonight makes me realize how easily Wilt and Kareem would have chewed up and spit out today's NBA players.
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Gobert is a big boy
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Brandon Ingram???
Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:22 am

Lakers4Life wrote:Brandon Ingram???

Untouchable, huh. Other than his length, what exactly is POTENTIALLY so special about his game?
KobeMVP888

Postby Moos » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

That could've been very special on Kobe's jersey retirement night, imagine the fan reaction to the greatest Laker *ever. Even though, it's gonna be a blowout by the defending champ. But, I'll remember to sending vibes from Saudi Arabia because it'll be early working morning hours here!! Kobe & AIlen Iverson were drafted together...
Moos

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Moos wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

That could've been very special on Kobe's jersey retirement night, imagine the fan reaction to the greatest Laker *ever. Even though, it's gonna be a blowout by the defending champ. But, I'll remember to sending vibes from Saudi Arabia because it'll be early working morning hours here!! Kobe & AIlen Iverson were drafted together...

Laker representation in Saudi Arabia!!! :slamdunk:
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:16 am

lakerevolution wrote:
Moos wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Laker representation in Saudi Arabia!!! :slamdunk:

Lots of Kobe sighting up in here, they call him - Mr. Mamba.

Lovely, Not .. The only thing I hate about the Lakers schedule being in LA is the timing .. Some matches be at 4 am in Saudi Arabia.
Moos

Return to LakerTalk