3. Kobe Bryant 33643 (as of April 14, 2016 - finale) :pissedkobe:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_career.html
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Re: Kobe's assault on points!

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:11 pm

Karl better start worrying because #24 is back.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Lets hope he stays healthy. I would love to see him become the all-time leading scorer. That would boost his resume/legacy tremendously. Cap has had the record since 1984 when he passed Wilt. When Cap broke the record he was playing the Jazz in Utah. I remember watching the game.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:40 pm

If Kobe can become the all-time leading scorer that would be a hell of an addition to his resume. That 38,387 mark is way up there. I hope Kobe can stay healthy and decides to keep playing after this season and goes for the record. Cap has had that record since 1984. He got it by passing Wilt in a game at Utah. I remember watching that game, it was on TBS. Regardless Kobe is still a Top 5 player of all-time no matter the debates or arguments that can be presented along with Jordan, Magic, Cap, and Wilt. Russell misses the Top 5 despite the 11 Titles won because of his Offensive inconsistency's. He was a Great Rebounder and Defender and Team player but not the overall player Kobe is. Shaq was more dominant than Russell! Kobe would probably have to play 4 more seasons to pass Cap and stay healthy to do so. If Kobe only played 3 more full seasons at 1700 Points per season he would still fall short at 37582. I just came up with the 1700 number because that is an average of slightly over 20 a game for the next 3 seasons (it's actually 20.7 per game over 82 games) which is reasonable to think he can still average above 20. We will see who knows he may come out and average 25 this season which is his all-time average and play in 70+ games? 70x25 is 1750 and he could still miss 12 games and score over 1700 Points with that average and resting himself on certain nights. Basically it will take playing into a 4th season to break the record though.
3Peatkb24

Opening night

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:58 am

Scott still believes Bryant will play in Lakers’ opener

by Mark Medina, LA Daily News

The conviction in Byron Scott’s words, tone and body language hardly wavered, even if Kobe Bryant remains limited with a bruised lower left leg that has sidelined him for more than a week.

Sure, Scott admitted he “can’t guarantee” Bryant will play in the Lakers’ season opener against Minnesota on Wednesday at Staples Center. But the Lakers’ coach did not change his outlook on his star player’s health.

“Do I think he’ll play? Absolutely,” Scott said after practice Saturday at the Lakers’ facility in El Segundo. “I think he’ll play, knowing him like I do.”

But Bryant has plenty of work that he will have to complete before ensuring he will not miss the Lakers’ season opener for the second time in three seasons. He only took part in shooting drills on Saturday in what Scott described as a “real light” practice before watching his teammates from the sideline. Scott hopes Bryant can “ramp it up a little more” in Sunday’s practice before having full sessions on Monday and Tuesday.

“I’m not trying to predict what he can do” on Sunday, Scott said. “I just want to see him out here and go a little bit more. If he can do that, we’ll make progress.”

The Lakers held Bryant out for the last three preseason games after he bruised his lower left leg in the team’s loss to Sacramento in Las Vegas on Oct. 13. Bryant has not spoken to reporters since after the Lakers’ preseason win over an Israeli professional team, Maccabi Haifa, on Oct. 11.

Scott has downplayed Bryant’s persistent absence. The coach said Bryant can put weight on his leg and reported Bryant calling his left leg “a little stiff.” Scott also said he limited Bryant partly so he could rest up for the regular season.

But Scott conceded on Saturday that Bryant’s latest ailment stems from other factors. The 37-year-old Bryant is entering his 20th and perhaps final NBA season. He has suffered season-ending injuries for three consecutive years.

“You can take all of those things into consideration,” Scott said. “This is 20 years for him. The body doesn’t heal as fast as he used to.”

Lakers second-year guard Jordan Clarkson practiced on Saturday without limitations two days after having soreness in his right shoulder. But Bryant has not healed enough in the past week to complete any running drills.

“He wants to be make sure he’s able to run; cutting and lateral movements are important,” Scott said. “I don’t know if he’ll be 110 percent. But I think the closer we can get to him being to that number, the better.”

Lakers guard D’Angelo Russell saw the silver lining. He argued Bryant’s absence indirectly spurred the Lakers to compensate, something they might have to master throughout the 2015-16 season.

“It forces you to mature early and know how to play with the ball when a dominant player like him is not in the game,” Russell said. “Then knowing how to play with it when he is in the game. You have to adjust. He’s giving us a good taste of being able to play and learn without him. I feel like it will be that much easier.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2015102 ... ers-opener
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Opening night

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:30 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydimoro/2015/10/27/kobe-bryant-and-derek-jeter-join-forces-at-the-players-tribune/

Kobe Bryant And Derek Jeter Join Forces At The Players' Tribune

Anthony DiMoro ,
CONTRIBUTOR
Covering social media and internet marketing/SEO in the sports world
FOLLOW ON FORBES (6)
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers is interviewed during the Los Angeles Lakers media day on September 28, 2015 in El Segundo, California. AFP PHOTO / FREDERIC J. BROWN (Photo credit should read FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)

Whenever most sports fanatics think about a “Dream Team” the 1992 United States Men’s Basketball Olympic Team immediately comes to mind. But now in 2015, a new “Dream Team” has formed, away from the basketball court and the baseball field.

Los Angeles Lakers’ superstar Kobe Bryant and New York Yankees’ legend Derek Jeter have joined forces at The Players’ Tribune to bring the rapidly-growing media brand to a brand new and exciting level.

Today, The Players’ Tribune announced the successful close of its Series B financing, totaling $15 million. Kobe Bryant, who has been involved with the platform since December 2014, has made a significant investment through his investment firm.

After a Series B first close of $9.5 million, another $5.5 million in equities was made available to additional investors which included a number of athletes and influencers within the sports community. Athletes represented by GenTrust, an investment management company that provides an array of investment solutions to institutional and high net worth clients, were among the athletes who invested.

The investments will fuel The Players’ Tribune’s continued development in areas such as written pieces, photography, podcasts and ‘The Players’ Tribune Radio’.

I had a chance to speak with Kobe Bryant, Derek Jeter, The Players’ Tribune president Jaymee Messler and investor Jon Sakoda of NEA about today’s big news.

Recommended by Forbes
Kobe Bryant's Best Chance to Go Out a Champ: Playing for Team USA
The Big Business In A Derek Jeter Return to the New York Yankees
CenturyLinkVoice: Welcome To The IoT -- Please Check Your Security At The Door

Video Meeting Startup Blue Jeans Raises $76.5 Million From NEA And Derek J...
What To Expect From Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant and 3 Other NBA Superstars in...
MOST POPULAR Photos: America's Most Dangerous Cities 2015
TRENDING ON FACEBOOK Confessions Of A Career Woman: 'Why Not Having Kids Was The Best Decision'
MOST POPULAR Photos: 25 Best Places To Retire In 2015
MOST POPULAR 10 Questions You Should Ask In A Job Interview

Jeter, who founded The Players’ Tribune, is excited about the next big step of this venture and what it means for fans.

etc........

lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:16 pm

32734 (as of Dec. 3, 2015)
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby NuggetsCountry » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:56 am

33010 as of Jan.7, 2016!!! :xclaphands:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Jerry West final tribute to Kobe

Postby NuggetsCountry » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:00 am

Watch it!

:xclaphands: :standingO:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 am

33498! and counting :dacount:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Kobe's FINAL assault on points!

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:03 am

NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:39 am

Classic! That's all there is, there ain't no more. I LOVE that he broke MJ's single game chuck record, too. How perfect is THAT?!!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Return to Kobe for 50!!!