Terrible year in sports for me!

Terrible year in sports for me!

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:20 am

Let me start off by saying I haven't been posting lately, been working a lot but also very disgusted by what the Cubs did - dismantling the team, how the Colts ended their season to lowly Jacksonville, and last but not least this shitshow we are seeing with the Lakers. This Lakers team has been so embarrassing that it has become a shitshow. LeBron looks content to me, he is just in it to go after Kareem's record IMO. He will never win another Championship with the Lakers. AD is made of glass, dude plays 5 games and then gets injured and is out for a week, Westbrook can't shoot and is a chemistry wrecker, Melo is so old he is farting dust, and Howard is soft. Yeah I am calling them out when you are 22-23 through 45 games! That is down right unexcusable, I don't care if I have never played Pro Basketball but one thing I always did do was give 100% at every level I played at. These guys play like they don't care, we are nowhere near better than teams like the Suns, Warriors, Jazz, Bucks, or Nets. It's over folks, time to rebuild.

What I would do is, trade LeBron for 2 really good young players and a couple of high draft picks to a contending team. A contending team would take him in a minute. At the end of the season I would say goodbye to AD and trade him as well for 2 more really good young players, he can't stay healthy. We are stuck with Westbrook's contract so not sure what I would do there, fire Vogel too. It is time for a total rebuild. We got 1 Championship with LeBron and AD, tied the Celtics for most ever so it is what it is. Glad that at least happened.

Regarding LeBron's legacy. To me he was the best player of his generation = 2011-2020 seasons. No way in hell was he better than Jordan or Magic though. I can back that up by stating fact after fact and by the eye test he isn't either. I could even debate that LeBron wasn't better than Kobe or Bird either. I would take Kareem over him as well and possibly Shaq. This rant today has been building up for a while but after losing to the Pacers I just blew a gasket! 22-23 really :pissedkobe:

I have had my great sports moments:

Lakers winning 11 Championships while I have been a fan (fan since 1977) = 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2020.

Colts winning a SB in 2006/07 and won more games in the regular season in a 7 season stretch than any team in NFL history from 2003-2009 going 89-23 with Peyton. (fan since 1984)

Cubs winning the WS in 2016 (fan since 1984) - May be my favorite Championship of all-time! 108 years was a long time. Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Jake, Chapman = :kingclaphands:

Anymore sports has become about players that don't give 100%, take nights off, have become to political, they get their money and become lazy, and seem to put fans in their rear view window. I am pretty much done with sports for now. I have had my glory days as a fan. Curry and Giannis are real dudes, I love them, they play to win and don't go from team to team to win Championships. They also are loyal to the fans.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Terrible year in sports for me!

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:02 pm

Sports has changed during our lifetimes, and we as fans have changed the way we view and feel about sports. When I was still rooting for the Raiders, I hoped the Carr era would begin to bring a change in fortune . . but as you can see, the franchise is still putting its own foot up its ass on several levels. My Dodgers, for all their hype and talent over the last several years, have come up short too many times. And now the 2022 Lakers. But we can't complain too much - we've witnessed so many great moments and we will witness more. It sucks not having a "home team" to root for in the NFL (I refuse to root for any Las Vegas team), and the MLB may be locked out this year, so right now all I have is this rag-tag bunch of aging stars and younger no-names trying to make the playoffs. We have to stay humble and stay thirsty, my friends.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk