Instead of creating new Game Threads-Lakers talk can be here

Re: Instead of creating new Game Threads-Lakers talk can be

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:37 pm

We have played pretty well without AD. 4 wins in a row, nice win over Atlanta last night. Lets see if this keeps up? Currently as it stands we are 21-19 and hold the 6th spot in the West. So not all is doom and gloom. Hard to believe after we play 1 more game, half the season is over.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:41 am

Wow, can anybody but LeBron score a basket? AD and Nunn will be back soon, and we have 41 games left to try and avoid playing the Warriors or Suns.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:34 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Wow, can anybody but LeBron score a basket? AD and Nunn will be back soon, and we have 41 games left to try and avoid playing the Warriors or Suns.

21-20 halfway through, man maybe we are just laying back in the woods and can flick a switch but I don't know??
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:12 am

We kicked the Nets ass! AD with 4 blocks :kingclaphands: . Lets keep it going, a fan forever.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:01 am

I think it's safe to say we'll be lucky to get a 6th seed . . and if we can be near-100% healthy at the end of the season, LeBron will give it his best try one more time. His time, his era has passed. The NBA belongs to Curry, Booker, Morant, Embiid and other younger stars. Hopefully LeBron can be surrounded by some younger talent that allows him to have another shot at a title, but I don't see it. All we can do is just enjoy the highs and dismiss the lows. Malik Monk, Stanley Johnson and Austin Reaves are (or should be) keepers. Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Melo and Russ this off-season.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:22 am

lakerevolution wrote:I think it's safe to say we'll be lucky to get a 6th seed . . and if we can be near-100% healthy at the end of the season, LeBron will give it his best try one more time. His time, his era has passed. The NBA belongs to Curry, Booker, Morant, Embiid and other younger stars. Hopefully LeBron can be surrounded by some younger talent that allows him to have another shot at a title, but I don't see it. All we can do is just enjoy the highs and dismiss the lows. Malik Monk, Stanley Johnson and Austin Reaves are (or should be) keepers. Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Melo and Russ this off-season.

I think without a doubt, LeBron is still a top 5 player in today's league, forget all-time. All-time I have him at 4th only behind Jordan, Magic, and Kareem. Of course Kobe, Wilt, Bird, B. Russell, and Shaq are in that discussion as well. Problem is, we don't have the team around LeBron to get it done anymore. He is getting older too and sits out games like the last 2 games. AD is so fragile that it is comical, he didn't play either last night. In a way I almost feel sorry for Russ because he an easy scapegoat because of his past not being able to win but putting up video game numbers. To me a GOAT is someone like Jordan or even Magic who had a winning record in the Finals but just not that they were clutch against great opponents. If the 1987 Lakers went up against the 2017 Warriors, I would have no doubt the Lakers would win because they had Magic - it would probably go 7 but Lakers would win. If the 1996 Bulls played against the 2017 Warriors, Bulls would win 7 as well because they had Jordan. LeBron never beat the Warriors when they had Durant and I knew they wouldn't. Magic beat a loaded Sixers team with Doc, Cheeks, Toney, and Dawkins as a rookie. He then beat a Celtics team that 5 Hall of Famers on it = Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ, and Walton in 1987 with an aging Kareem. LeBron loses to that Celtics team but people don't want to admit it because it was the pukes :roflmao: .

To me Peyton Manning is more of a GOAT than LeBron is, because he stayed in one city and didn't quit on my city = Indy and he won a SB and went through Brady and Belichick to do it despite never getting the proper help on defense. Peyton also won 5 MVP's which no other football player has done and even LeBron only has won 4 and it's harder to win MVP in football than it is in basketball. Peyton won 2 SB's overall and went to 4 which is respectable because he didn't have the coaching or defenses like Brady or Montana had.

Rev, Regarding the Lakers, we are a .500 team and will probably be like an 8 seed :WTFface:

The future is:

Giannis - proven last year, stayed with the Bucks and won it all, he has an easy 7 great years left.
Durant - still has 5 great years left.
Curry - still has 5 great years left.
Booker and the Suns are lights out, they may get CP3 that elusive ring afterall.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:36 pm

I just watched the end/roughly 2nd half of the Lakers/Clippers game. Man our season is pretty much cooked. We just fell to 25-28, Great game to watch. 25-28 let that sink in :pissedkobe: . Clippers 111 Lakers 110, we just don't play D. Yeah LeBron was out but they have a scrub team out there, no Kawhi or PG.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:49 am

Thriller in NY - we should have won in regulation but our lack of defense let them tie it up and we prevailed in OT. Malik Monk with his finest offensive performance in a Laker uniform, he outscored the Knicks by himself 18-13 in the third quarter! If we could have had even a fair showing from Russ, Ariza or somebody else, it wouldn't have had to go an extra period.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:27 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Thriller in NY - we should have won in regulation but our lack of defense let them tie it up and we prevailed in OT. Malik Monk with his finest offensive performance in a Laker uniform, he outscored the Knicks by himself 18-13 in the third quarter! If we could have had even a fair showing from Russ, Ariza or somebody else, it wouldn't have had to go an extra period.

I really hope we have just been playing around all season and treating this as a 'practice season' as Sam and Kenny calls it. I want them to prove me wrong because I want another Championship. AD needs to stay healthy and Russ needs to get his head out of ass. LeBron is still top 5 today so who knows??
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:20 am

I just don't see this team figuring things out. The Warriors, Suns, Grizzlies, Bucks and a few others are locked into their playoff-level pace and are leaps and bounds better than us right now. Rob, Jeannie, Kurt and LeBron better figure out a realistic plan to surround the team with capable, talented players who can stay healthy and mesh with the team.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:26 am

lakerevolution wrote:I just don't see this team figuring things out. The Warriors, Suns, Grizzlies, Bucks and a few others are locked into their playoff-level pace and are leaps and bounds better than us right now. Rob, Jeannie, Kurt and LeBron better figure out a realistic plan to surround the team with capable, talented players who can stay healthy and mesh with the team.

I agree, 26-30 is a huge sample size. I don't see it either. I can't see anyway we can trade Westbrook because of his contract.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:29 am

lakerevolution wrote:I just don't see this team figuring things out. The Warriors, Suns, Grizzlies, Bucks and a few others are locked into their playoff-level pace and are leaps and bounds better than us right now. Rob, Jeannie, Kurt and LeBron better figure out a realistic plan to surround the team with capable, talented players who can stay healthy and mesh with the team.

The Suns or Warriors or even the Jazz would tear us apart right now IMO. That pains me to say it but they would. Bucks will win the East again because the Nets are a mess and Chicago nor the Heat will not beat them in a series when it counts, Giannis will make them their daddy :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:52 am

Well, I was in attendance at the Chase Center in SF to see our guys duke it out with the Warriors. Takeaways: Nice arena, nothing really special about it. The outside pretends to be L.A. Live at the former Staples Center with a bunch of shops and restaurants around, but it doesn't come close. Our guys put up quite a fight, starting slow but then getting better defensively as the game went on. When LeBron was on the bench Russ was at his best, and THT, Monk and Reaves had their moments but WAAAY too many shots missed at the rim and within 5 feet by our Big 3. Nobody was particularly hot on either team. The Warriors had a pretty terrible shooting night - especially from 3 - but of course the Splash Bros. came up big in the last couple minutes. Twice we had 5-point leads late and they were erased by quick Warriors Buckets. Klay hit a long two to put them up 117-114, and then Curry fouled LeBron outside the 3-point line while he was barely going up for a shot. LeBron basically choked big time (we miss you Kobe!) by missing the first of three foul shots with 2.4 seconds left. He made the second one and then had to deliberately miss the third one, which was fumbled around as time ran out. SHIT. The arena was PACKED and the mostly-Dubs fans (there was a LOT of Laker representation, including me decked-out in my shiny purple Laker jacket and official NBA Laker white shorts) were screaming and cheering like they had just won another title :snapout: . It was a fun, exciting game - much closer and nail-biting than I expected! Vogel got himself T'd up in the 3rd quarter, and we definitely missed Carmelo . . I wish Nunn could have been a factor. We are good in spurts, but nowhere near a team with focus enough to pressure good teams every game. I don't know where we can go from here. :shrug:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:15 am

lakerevolution wrote:Well, I was in attendance at the Chase Center in SF to see our guys duke it out with the Warriors. Takeaways: Nice arena, nothing really special about it. The outside pretends to be L.A. Live at the former Staples Center with a bunch of shops and restaurants around, but it doesn't come close. Our guys put up quite a fight, starting slow but then getting better defensively as the game went on. When LeBron was on the bench Russ was at his best, and THT, Monk and Reaves had their moments but WAAAY too many shots missed at the rim and within 5 feet by our Big 3. Nobody was particularly hot on either team. The Warriors had a pretty terrible shooting night - especially from 3 - but of course the Splash Bros. came up big in the last couple minutes. Twice we had 5-point leads late and they were erased by quick Warriors Buckets. Klay hit a long two to put them up 117-114, and then Curry fouled LeBron outside the 3-point line while he was barely going up for a shot. LeBron basically choked big time (we miss you Kobe!) by missing the first of three foul shots with 2.4 seconds left. He made the second one and then had to deliberately miss the third one, which was fumbled around as time ran out. SHIT. The arena was PACKED and the mostly-Dubs fans (there was a LOT of Laker representation, including me decked-out in my shiny purple Laker jacket and official NBA Laker white shorts) were screaming and cheering like they had just won another title :snapout: . It was a fun, exciting game - much closer and nail-biting than I expected! Vogel got himself T'd up in the 3rd quarter, and we definitely missed Carmelo . . I wish Nunn could have been a factor. We are good in spurts, but nowhere near a team with focus enough to pressure good teams every game. I don't know where we can go from here. :shrug:

You will always be my Kareem to me, I am more like Magic but you are taller and a bigger figure in life and on this forum. To put it bluntly we are fucked now :roflmao: , but we will always have our championships and the Train with Hot Wings, Beer, Pizza, Crown, etc.. I love ya man. I remember when you and I tore apart the ESPN Game Threads like Kareem and Magic. You said who is this Colts dude back in 2009, and I made myself known. I said have no fear the Magic man is here :roflmao: . I remember you laughing at that at first. Then we took of our business. Those trolls were terrible though.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:23 am

Man AD just can't stay healthy. He gets injury after injury. He needs to change the way he plays. I remember when Malone did midway through his career. He just developed an automatic jump shot from around 12 feet and when the D gave him a little, that is when he would drive. Great win last night, LeBron was fantastic. LeBron is a special player and watching him last night was great stuff, imagine not having him?? :shrug: , my Mt Rushmore as of 2022 is Jordan, Magic, Kareem, and LeBron. Kobe, Bird, and Shaq were so great though but LeBron is like Peyton Manning. Any average team he goes too he will improve that team by 15 games. Peyton would improve an average team 5 or 6 games by himself - so impactful. Statistics wise LeBron will own most records as well. I still give Jordan and Magic the edge over LeBron based on eye test and they have won more Championships. Kareem is simply the best Center of all-time based on Scoring, League MVP's, and Championships. Russell won more Championships but it was way different back in the 60's. His teams weren't as great as even the 80's Celtics were lmao. Bird, McHale, and Parish in 1986 would beat any of his teams. Too big and strong with all 3 of those dude's. Wilt would be great today but IMO like Shaq. Teams would foul him a lot because his FT shooting was weak + every Center that has been good to great since the 80's has been basically 7'0 or taller or close to it. If Mark Eaton played back in the 60's it would be this :weakout: , if Rik Smits played in the 60's it would be this :slamdunk: :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk