Instead of creating new Game Threads-Lakers talk can be here

Instead of creating new Game Threads-Lakers talk can be here

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:16 am

I figure this will be easier on everyone to have an all Lakers talk thread about each game if anyone wants to comment about each game. It just takes up a lot of space posting individual Game Threads.

We are currently 8-6 on the season = 7th seed in the West.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Instead of creating new Game Threads-Lakers talk can be

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:47 am

Piss poor performance vs Chicago, LeBron needs to come back. Without LeBron this team is basically a .500 team.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:14 am

We're sucking donkey balls especially on defense
Lakers4Life

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:43 pm

Don’t fret. We shall get better. Bulls are the type of team to give this roster some problems. 3 big guards who can all run, shoot and pass. We miss Bron and Ariza and that type of size
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:59 am

Bucks were too much for us without LeBron on the floor. Giannis 47 points! Lakers now 8-8.

I am going to ask a serious question to everyone in here but if LeBron never wins another Title is he really the 2nd greatest player ever? Many have him there only behind Jordan. I think he is easily the best player of this generation but it puzzles me how in the media eyes he could just leap frog Magic or Kareem. It is like the 80's didn't exist to ESPN and some of these media dudes. The 80's actually produced the majority of the best teams ever as in the 1983 Sixers, 1986 Celtics, 1987 Lakers, and 1989 Pistons. The Bulls were even very good in 1989 with Jordan and Pippen. The 1988 Jazz were a bitch when Stockton and Malone had Eaton in his prime. The 1986 Rockets with Ralph and Hakeem were unstoppable as well. I see LeBron in the category of Kobe, Bird, and Shaq. I think Jordan, Magic, and Kareem are the 3 best as of now.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:18 am

I tried to post in here yesterday and kept getting shut down . . kept getting an error message that said, "this post does not have enough characters" or something to that effect.

But as for our team . . I'm going to stick with my prediction of 48-49 wins. Golden State - if they can stay healthy - has the Pacific Division wrapped up already and is the odds-on favorite to win the West and probably another NBA title. We have a lot of hard realities to face this season. LeBron, AD and crew, when close to 100% healthy, will need to bring it every game just to get us a reasonable seed, and if all the old legs don't start giving out in the playoffs we may be able to shock the world and get to the WCF. We will need above-average 3pt. shooting, which has been our weakest link by far. We will need awesome team defense, and we will need to control the pace of games and not let these teams get us into shoot-outs.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:35 am

That game against Boston was ugly, a 130-108 loss! LeBron even played and played well. Our defense flat out stinks, no other way to describe it. Stephen A Smith said the days of LeBron winning Championships is over, he may be right I hate to say it. If it is he at least got us 1 more (a huge one) as we tied Boston for the most at 17. Boston isn't doing anything in the East this season, not with the Bucks and Nets over there.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:42 am

We are too small in the perimeter. Probably have to sacrifice Monk and another for a big SF

In my book, I separate bigs from wings and wings from most guards.

So there is MJ who has the peak
Lebron has the longevity.

With bigs Wilt has the peak. Bill has the chips. Kareem has the longevity.

In terms of which I rather have on my team

I like MJ, Kobe, Larry, Magic and Lebron in that order

In terms of bigs
Kareem, HAKEEM, Duncan, Shaq in my lifetime
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:01 am

Julius Russell wrote:We are too small in the perimeter. Probably have to sacrifice Monk and another for a big SF

In my book, I separate bigs from wings and wings from most guards.

So there is MJ who has the peak
Lebron has the longevity.

With bigs Wilt has the peak. Bill has the chips. Kareem has the longevity.

In terms of which I rather have on my team

I like MJ, Kobe, Larry, Magic and Lebron in that order

In terms of bigs
Kareem, HAKEEM, Duncan, Shaq in my lifetime

I think we need to make a trade to improve our defense, not sure who we trade though or even who to go after. Great list Robert. Hakeem doesn't get the respect he deserves, I even over look him but he is in the discussion out of the best Big's I have ever seen with Kareem, Shaq, and Duncan.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:55 pm

Did Isaiah Stewart lose it or did he LOSE IT tonight?? Had we lost I would have been highly upset but we rallied for the comeback in the final few minutes. I'll be surprised if LeBron is suspended as all he did was accidentally :waaaaa: give Stewart the Metta World People's Elbow then backed off. Russell rushed the court not once but twice . . Kendrick Nunn and Trevor Ariza must be looking like WTF did I sign up for :imok: . Maybe this will get us motivated to start playing like bad boys and stop laying down for these weak ass teams.

:pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 am

lakerevolution wrote:Did Isaiah Stewart lose it or did he LOSE IT tonight?? Had we lost I would have been highly upset but we rallied for the comeback in the final few minutes. I'll be surprised if LeBron is suspended as all he did was accidentally :waaaaa: give Stewart the Metta World People's Elbow then backed off. Russell rushed the court not once but twice . . Kendrick Nunn and Trevor Ariza must be looking like WTF did I sign up for :imok: . Maybe this will get us motivated to start playing like bad boys and stop laying down for these weak ass teams.

:pissedkobe:

The elbow by LeBron didn't even look that bad but it cut Stewart's eye :WTFface: . I doubt LeBron gets suspended, maybe 1 game I guess because that is how the league rolls :roflmao: . I am glad we won, it was much needed and now we are back to .500 at 9-9.

There is something in the water in Detroit that makes players go :pullhair: :waaaaa: . I seriously doubt Stewart would want any part of LeBron in a fight, LeBron is mild mannered but he is 260 pound of muscle.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:25 am

LeBron reminds us all that he's got Black Mamba in his DNA. No AD, no problem. Great second-half team defense (thanks Avery) and the will to outlast a tough team on the road. Hell, he even got the ref to toss out two lame courtside jesters who felt the need to say some less-than-cool things.

LAKERS WIN!!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:55 am

We lost to the Knicks the night before but LeBron did indeed get suspended for 1 game so he didn't play. Good win over the Pacers who have been playing better lately. We are just a different team when LeBron plays but when you don't have a top 5 player of all-time in your lineup you are going to struggle. As LeBron goes this team goes but of course as proven in 2020 he needs a great sidekick to win it all which AD was in 2020. I worry about AD though because of his durability. Through 20 games, Lakers now 10-10.

I wonder what those fans did to get kicked out, they had to use a racial slur to make LeBron that mad. The look on that girls face when she was getting kicked out was the funniest duck face I have ever seen :roflmao: .
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:51 pm

She allegedly said something like, "I hope your son dies in a car crash" and the rumor is she wasn't the only one yelling some terrible things at LeBron. He got her tossed then put on a show, forcing overtime and winning the game with some clutch 3s. Between the Malice at the new Palace and this, hopefully we can get the ball rolling on some winning streaks, because the Warriors and Suns are already hot.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:28 am

lakerevolution wrote:She allegedly said something like, "I hope your son dies in a car crash" and the rumor is she wasn't the only one yelling some terrible things at LeBron. He got her tossed then put on a show, forcing overtime and winning the game with some clutch 3s. Between the Malice at the new Palace and this, hopefully we can get the ball rolling on some winning streaks, because the Warriors and Suns are already hot.

Yeah that is what I heard she said as well. Wishing that said player or their wife, mom, dad or kids to die for exmaple or yelling racial slurs is off limits IMO. No room for that crap. I am for booing LeBron and yelling he sucks or yell something like your soft or Jordan is better lol (if you hate him) but the latter is going overboard. If she said that I am glad they got kicked out. I could never imagine being at a game and I have been to a lot of them in my younger years and yelling at a player that I wish death on he or a family member. Or yelling a racial slur like the N word, that is a sickening immature person. I have been to at least 25 Lakers games in my day here in Indy and have never seen anything like that. I have been to around 50 Colts games in my day but haven't been to one in years! Our fans are pretty laid back during Colts games and almost to polite at times :waaaaa: . This younger generation needs to get a grip.
3Peatkb24

Next

Return to LakerTalk