Instead of creating new Game Threads-Lakers talk can be here

Re: Instead of creating new Game Threads-Lakers talk can be

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:She allegedly said something like, "I hope your son dies in a car crash" and the rumor is she wasn't the only one yelling some terrible things at LeBron. He got her tossed then put on a show, forcing overtime and winning the game with some clutch 3s. Between the Malice at the new Palace and this, hopefully we can get the ball rolling on some winning streaks, because the Warriors and Suns are already hot.

Yeah that is what I heard she said as well. Wishing that said player or their wife, mom, dad or kids to die for exmaple or yelling racial slurs is off limits IMO. No room for that crap. I am for booing LeBron and yelling he sucks or yell something like your soft or Jordan is better lol (if you hate him) but the latter is going overboard. If she said that I am glad they got kicked out. I could never imagine being at a game and I have been to a lot of them in my younger years and yelling at a player that I wish death on he or a family member. Or yelling a racial slur like the N word, that is a sickening immature person. I have been to at least 25 Lakers games in my day here in Indy and have never seen anything like that. I have been to around 50 Colts games in my day but haven't been to one in years! Our fans are pretty laid back during Colts games and almost to polite at times :waaaaa: . This younger generation needs to get a grip.

We lost in Triple OT to the Queens to fall to 10-11. I have to say fella's I don't like our team the way it is constructed. Yeah we are only 21 games in and have had injuries, etc..

Something just doesn't feel right though and I hate it when I get these feelings. We play no defense at all and that is a bad sign. We also play in a conference with the Warriors who are 16-2 without Klay and the Suns who have won 15 in a row. The Jazz are even realistically better than us because they shoot the 3 better and play better D. I am not going to completely panic, I never have since I started posting with you guys in 2010 regarding games played in November and December, (early in the season and practice games in why) this won't be good though if we are playing this in January.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:46 pm

Happy Birthday Chick!
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:29 am

Disappointing loss to the Clippers . . this Laker team just isn't built to give good 3pt. shooting teams much trouble. The game has changed into a perimeter-fest, and great shooters can bury a team without having to go in the paint much. We aren't playing defense at a level high enough to cover for our missed shots, Vogel has a lot on his hands as some fans wonder if he's not capable of getting his team to play as a solid unit. We should make the playoffs, but the prospect of getting out of the first round is, right now, very dubious. High hopes!! :imok:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:58 am

lakerevolution wrote:Disappointing loss to the Clippers . . this Laker team just isn't built to give good 3pt. shooting teams much trouble. The game has changed into a perimeter-fest, and great shooters can bury a team without having to go in the paint much. We aren't playing defense at a level high enough to cover for our missed shots, Vogel has a lot on his hands as some fans wonder if he's not capable of getting his team to play as a solid unit. We should make the playoffs, but the prospect of getting out of the first round is, right now, very dubious. High hopes!! :imok:

It's a long season and LeBron never misses the playoffs. I think we at least make the playoffs. Having said that we aren't near as good as the Warriors or the Suns. If the goal is winning another Championship then we are in big trouble. LeBron still puts up big numbers at times but doesn't seem to be the same player he once was. Probably age because he is more injury prone, also I don't like our team chemistry, we have no fluidity and play no defense.

If you took everything out of the equation = accomplishments/stats, etc. and would want 1 player on your team all-time would LeBron even be your 5th choice? He is the best player of his generation but I would take Jordan or Magic over him all day, that is an easy eye test for me. How about Kareem, Kobe, or Shaq or even Bird? LeBron is the type of a guy that could take a 30 win team and make it a 55 win team in 1 year if you paired him with at least 1 other very good or great player, I will give him credit there. If you want to finish the deal though and win Championships, Jordan and Magic are my top 2 choices. Magic did lose 4 Finals but he lost to historic teams like the Celtics in 1984, Sixers in 1983, Bulls in 1991. Counting the Pistons series in 1989 is lame because he was injured but that Pistons team was their best team ever. Magic won a Championship as a rookie at 20 years old against grown men scoring 42 points, 15 Rebounds, and 7 Assists vs Dr J, Dawkins, Cheeks, Toney. He beat Bird twice as well and beat a loaded Pistons team in 1988 that was 10 deep with Isiah.

I think we are done as far as winning Championships and if we fizzle out this year I would trade LeBron for multiple draft picks and at least 1 good player if he doesn't want to retire. This team isn't beating the Warriors or Suns in any series played on any planet, just keeping it 100. I don't think we can beat Utah either. We will make the playoffs but winning the Championship this year isn't happening unless we make a huge trade without trading LeBron or AD.

Lakers are like my Colts right now, a playoff team but can't beat the big boys. Currently the 3 best players in the league are Curry, Durant, and Giannis. LeBron is still probably 4th but that isn't great enough with the roster we have. I would rather have Durant or Giannis if I was choosing today.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:49 am

lakerevolution wrote:Happy Birthday Chick!

I just listened to Chick's call when Horry beat Sacramento with the 3 in 2002. He was even almost speechless lol. Still a great call, he just paused. I loved Horry because I am like him in, I may be on a team where I only average 7 points a game but when it comes to a game winning 3 I won't miss, pressure doesn't bother me. If we are down 2 I would tell Phil to let Kobe drive and just kick it out to me, I won't miss and I have never played in the NBA :rthup: . I used to play ball like 8 hours a day when I was younger and have been in many tournaments, shooting a 3 from 25 feet and making it was like taking candy from a baby when I was in my 20's.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:46 am

Nice win over the Celtics last night. No matter what year it is, it is always good to beat them. Lakers now 13-12 through 25 games. I keep waiting for us to go on a long winning streak, maybe we can reel off 9 or 10 in row.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:20 am

LAKERS WIN!!! NO AD, only 8 points from RW and ONE point from AD's replacement DH, but LBJ put the team on his back - with the help of a sizzling performance by AB - and we win this one easily. I certainly hope that DEFENSE and getting Ariza and Nunn in the lineup will get the ball rolling. This has been a frustrating season so far.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:04 am

lakerevolution wrote:LAKERS WIN!!! NO AD, only 8 points from RW and ONE point from AD's replacement DH, but LBJ put the team on his back - with the help of a sizzling performance by AB - and we win this one easily. I certainly hope that DEFENSE and getting Ariza and Nunn in the lineup will get the ball rolling. This has been a frustrating season so far.

This team is puzzling through 27 games, 14-13 is ok but not for our standards. I am not sure much will change all season looking at our roster. LeBron is still a great player = top 4 IMO at worse, Curry/Durant/Giannis may have passed him?? I just hope we are able to get at least a 6th seed so we avoid that playin crap. More than likely we will draw Utah (health willing for all teams) if that happens but the way it is looking that is better than drawing the Warriors or Suns.

I think Anthony Davis is a top 75 player of all-time, I thank him everyday for coming to the Lakers and helping us to that critical 17th Championship to tie the Celtics. Having said that I don't trust him staying healthy at this point for a possible playoff run. That is an issue. Westbrook is a great player = barely top 75 of all-time (he makes it with his TDB's) but it seems every where he goes the teams chemistry stinks!

OK we are only 27 in so I need to calm down, I get it but we have a lot of problems and Vogel may even be one of them.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:25 am

It is early but we may need to face the fact that AD is brittle, dude can't stay healthy. LeBron is getting old too, he still is a top 5 player in the league but not the best anymore. We got 1 Championship with them so that is better than 0, and it was a big one tying Boston for 17. If we are still in a funk by March the writing will be on the wall.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:43 pm

As great as it was to win the Bubble title with LeBron and AD, I don't know if Pelinka and Vogel have any juice left with the moves they've made. I almost wish we could have Randle, Clarkson and Ingram back and just start a youth movement. But who am I to complain, we've had it pretty good over the years. Next season will have to be a reckoning, however. The futures of LeBron, Russ and Melo will be on the table - not to mention a possible parting of ways with AD while he still has some worth, IDK. Gotta stay optomistic.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:32 pm

lakerevolution wrote:As great as it was to win the Bubble title with LeBron and AD, I don't know if Pelinka and Vogel have any juice left with the moves they've made. I almost wish we could have Randle, Clarkson and Ingram back and just start a youth movement. But who am I to complain, we've had it pretty good over the years. Next season will have to be a reckoning, however. The futures of LeBron, Russ and Melo will be on the table - not to mention a possible parting of ways with AD while he still has some worth, IDK. Gotta stay optomistic.

Rev, take it from me as a Colts and Cubs fan, I am happy with 1 Championship and a ton of good years. Us Lakers fans have been spoiled since 1980. 11 Championships since then. I am happy we just got 1 with LeBron because it tied the puke bags in Boston :roflmao: . It may time to rebuild? Then again maybe I will be wrong. I will be curious to see how this tear plays out.

AD out for a month - knee. :pullhair:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:11 pm

:panic: :fanshithit: :wishbone: :Nutskick: :brainfart: :chillpill: :ragein: :confused: :sos: :WTFface: :scream:

Figured I'd let these emojis do the talking for me.

:imok: :grouphug: :xmastree2:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:31 am

16-17 through 33 games. Right now Brethren we are a mediocre team as in 41-41 unless something changes. I just don't think we will win another Championship with LeBron. It has ran its course. He got us one along with a healthy AD but father time is ticking. As far as Top 5 Lakers of all-time, LeBron doesn't even make the list. I am just talking top 5 Lakers:

1. Magic Johnson
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Jerry West
5. Shaq O'Neal
-That is my list. West overall did more for the Lakers than Shaq so I have Logo 4th.

Easy list for me to make. Shaq over Wilt in just a Laker uniform because Shaq 3-Peated and won 3 Finals MVP's in a row in a Laker uniform. Anyone that doesn't have him Top 5 as a Laker is insane. Shaq did more for the Lakers than Wilt did and that is fact.

Elgin Baylor and George Mikan were considerations and I loved James Worthy as well. LeBron is in that mix because he is a top 5 player of all-time and has been a great Laker (got us a Title) but not a top 5 Laker. LeBron meant more to the Cavs and Heat in reality, like Wilt did for Philly.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:38 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:16-17 through 33 games. Right now Brethren we are a mediocre team as in 41-41 unless something changes. I just don't think we will win another Championship with LeBron. It has ran its course. He got us one along with a healthy AD but father time is ticking. As far as Top 5 Lakers of all-time, LeBron doesn't even make the list. I am just talking top 5 Lakers:

1. Magic Johnson
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Jerry West
5. Shaq O'Neal
-That is my list. West overall did more for the Lakers than Shaq so I have Logo 4th.

Easy list for me to make. Shaq over Wilt in just a Laker uniform because Shaq 3-Peated and won 3 Finals MVP's in a row in a Laker uniform. Anyone that doesn't have him Top 5 as a Laker is insane. Shaq did more for the Lakers than Wilt did and that is fact.

Elgin Baylor and George Mikan were considerations and I loved James Worthy as well. LeBron is in that mix because he is a top 5 player of all-time and has been a great Laker (got us a Title) but not a top 5 Laker. LeBron meant more to the Cavs and Heat in reality, like Wilt did for Philly.

We have lost 5 in a row. All ESPN cares about is saying he is breaking records. Fuck that, Magic was better, when Magic played we damn near made the Finals every year. All I care about is wins. We are going nowhere with this team.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:56 pm

It's been difficult to watch, and difficult to hear and read all the criticism coming from Laker-haters and our own fanbase. Clearly a failure as an experiment designed to be entertaining for fans and get some excitement going in the Former Staples Center. I call this season "Tales From The Crypt-o" now :waaaaa: but I hope we can salvage the rest of the season and try to get a playoff spot. This team will have to be blown-up next summer if Jeannie and Rob are at all serious about getting back to solid playoff contention anytime soon. LeBron will have to evaluate how he wants the end of his career to be remembered.
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk