5. Kobe Bryant (Floor player)
6. Wilt Chamberlain (BIg)
7. Larry Bird (Floor player)
8. Shaq O'Neal (Big)
9. Bill Russell (Big)
10. Oscar Robertson (Floor player)
11. Tim Duncan (Big)
12. Hakeem Olajuwon (Big)
-6 Big's, 6 Floor players in my Top 12 - nice balance.

-Based on many variables, I will stick with that as far as really being not debatable. What strikes me is odd is after reading comments about how Reggie Miller shouldn't of made the Top 75 on other sites. That is so much horse dung. He didn't win a Championship but he led the Pacers to 6 Conference Finals and 1 NBA Finals with his best player being Rik Smits. He is better than Ray Allen, Allen got 2 Championships as a freakin role player. In 2008, Allen was the 3rd best player on the Celtics, he had Garnett and Pierce. In 2013, he had LeBron and Wade. Reggie carried a franchise by himself for 18 years and never ring chased. He also was arguably a top 5 playoff clutch performer of all-time, ask Knicks fans, also he took Michael Jordan 7 games in the 1998 ECFinals and the Pacers should've won that. He was a leader and a 20 pt scorer a night consistently. Reggie is easily Top 75. To me Reggie is the 2nd best shooter of all-time only behind Steph Curry.

I have Reggie arguably in my Top 60. The NBA Finals that he and the Pacers lost was too Shaq and Kobe and that was when Shaq was at his best and Kobe was picking up steam.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Top 75 players of all-time list per the NBA

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:13 am

Steph, Reggie . . Bird?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:25 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Steph, Reggie . . Bird?

As far as pure shooting I would say:
1. Steph
2. Reggie
3. Ray Allen
4. Larry would be 4th
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:12 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:As I have I listed before my Top 12 is in concrete for now being:
1. Michael Jordan (Floor player)
2. Magic Johnson (Floor player)
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Big)
4. LeBron James (Floor player)
8. Shaq O'Neal (Big)
9. Bill Russell (Big)
11. Tim Duncan (Big)

-Based on many variables, I will stick with that as far as really being not debatable. What strikes me is odd is after reading comments about how Reggie Miller shouldn't of made the Top 75 on other sites. That is so much horse dung. He didn't win a Championship but he led the Pacers to 6 Conference Finals and 1 NBA Finals with his best player being Rik Smits. He is better than Ray Allen, Allen got 2 Championships as a freakin role player. In 2008, Allen was the 3rd best player on the Celtics, he had Garnett and Pierce. In 2013, he had LeBron and Wade. Reggie carried a franchise by himself for 18 years and never ring chased. He also was arguably a top 5 playoff clutch performer of all-time, ask Knicks fans, also he took Michael Jordan 7 games in the 1998 ECFinals and the Pacers should've won that. He was a leader and a 20 pt scorer a night consistently. Reggie is easily Top 75. To me Reggie is the 2nd best shooter of all-time only behind Steph Curry.

I have Reggie arguably in my Top 60. The NBA Finals that he and the Pacers lost was too Shaq and Kobe and that was when Shaq was at his best and Kobe was picking up steam.

Regarding this generation of new players, I think Kevin Durant and Steph Curry both belong top 20 all-time.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:48 pm

You'd get some pushback from a lot of older NBA fans on that one . . you know how these era comparison debates go. If you haven't seen it yet, search Youtube for a funny animated "Is Kevin Durant better than Larry Bird" video. They have Bird talking lots of smack :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:56 pm

lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:46 am

lakerevolution wrote:You'd get some pushback from a lot of older NBA fans on that one . . you know how these era comparison debates go. If you haven't seen it yet, search Youtube for a funny animated "Is Kevin Durant better than Larry Bird" video. They have Bird talking lots of smack :waaaaa:

Oh I have Bird the 7th greatest player ever, he was better than Durant but Durant is top 20 IMO.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:05 am

I had an interesting night at work. Where I do security at on Saturday nights there is absolutely nothing do but watch a building all night because everyone is off on the weekends. I was training someone last night and he is a huge sports fan and my age. He said he has been watching sports since 1980. We were making lists all night :roflmao: based on who we have seen live by the eye test. We made a criteria list based on all-time stats of a player, MVP's won, Finals MVP's won, Championships won, how clutch a player was, leadership a player had, and of course eye test - players we have seen. Roughly 40 years of basketball. He made his top Elite 8 since 1980 and I made mine, I went since 1977 because I started watching then lol. He is a Pacers fan and the only teams he truly hates is the Knicks (Reggie vs Spike) and Pistons. He still believes had the brawl not happened with the dumb ass Pistons fans the Pacers would've won it all in 2005. He is ok with the Lakers.

His list was:
1. Michael Jordan
2. LeBron James
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Magic Johnson
5. Larry Bird
6. Shaq O'Neal
7. Tim Duncan
8. Kobe Bryant

Mine was and is:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. LeBron James
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaq O'Neal
8. Tim Duncan

What was great about this we had the same players in our top 8 but just in different order. We talked about Reggie a lot and he would have Reggie in his top 40 out of the players he has seen. I said top 50. He doesn't even like like LeBron because of the Heat/Pacers rivalry but thinks he is #2.

Fun night to say the least. Now I am off and I am staying up all day to watch football. I slept all day yesterday so I am not even tired. Colts are on at 1pm.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:31 am

Karl Malone was on the Dan Patrick show, I just seen a clip of it. Dan asked him who is the best PF of all-time and Karl said he was. Dan said how about Tim Duncan or Charles Barkley? Karl laughed and said he was better than Charles, that he was 5 inches taller and a much better scorer. Karl said Tim Duncan is a Center lets get that straight, the Spurs just played him at PF when Robinson was there. Great interview. Dan then ask Karl if there were 2 players he could start a franchise with who would he choose? Karl said Scottie Pippen and Magic Johnson. Reasons why is Scottie is a shut down defender and Magic would feed him the ball all day for easy layups much like John did. Karl said had he had those 2 players on his team in his prime his teams would have never lost.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:59 am

On 1st Take today they have been talking GOAT's again. LeBron is 4th as of now and nothing will change my mind.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. LeBron is 4th and completes my Mt Rushmore

LeBron is 2nd on everyone's list over at ESPN, but their opinion is wrong. Only way LeBron can become 2nd is if he wins another Championship and becomes the all-time leading scorer- he has to do both then my list would change to:

1. Michael Jordan
2. LeBron James
3. Magic Johnson
4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

-Not to beat a :dedhors: but Magic has won more Championships than LeBron (5-4), Magic is the all-time leader in assist average per season at 11.2, Magic won a National Championship at Michigan St by beating Larry Bird then turned right back around and won an NBA Championship the next year as a 20 year old. He won Finals MVP in 1980 as a 20 year old rookie and in the close out game scored 42 points, grabbed 15 Rebounds, and had 7 Assists. He destroyed a Sixers team that was full of grown men = Dr J, Dawkins, Cheeks, and Toney. Magic was a more efficient player than LeBron was = Magic 52% FG's/85% FT's, LeBron 50% FG's/73.4% FT's. That is critical because in close games you couldn't foul Magic late, you can LeBron because his FT shooting is iffy. Magic also had 1 define moment in an NBA Finals, a game winning buzzer beater at Boston in 1987 to go up 3-1 over Bird. If the Lakers lose that it is 2-2 and Game 5 was at Boston. Magic and Michael both have had that one moment, Michael had it at Utah in Game 6 (1998) to win the series. LeBron has never had that in a Finals nor has Kareem.

Kareem has the best resume out of any player in NBA history = 6 NBA Championships and 6 League MVP's + he is all-time leading scorer. Some may ask me, why not have Kareem 2nd then, easy answer is I think Magic was the best all-around player on the teams the played on during the 80's.

LeBron is the best player of his generation but still a ways to go to pass Magic or Kareem. Everyone has their opinion I guess :roflmao: . LeBron is on my Mt Rushmore, incredible player but he needs to win Championship #5 and pass Kareem on the scoring list before he deserves that #2 ranking, JMO. LeBron would really impress me beyond belief if he wins another Championship with LA and he passes Kareem, he would be #2 at that point. I do look at these 4 players and really believe they all could take a 30 win team and turn it into a 50 win team if they joined the roster is another reason why they belong in the top 4.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:51 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:As I have I listed before my Top 12 is in concrete for now being:
1. Michael Jordan (Floor player)
2. Magic Johnson (Floor player)
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Big)
4. LeBron James (Floor player)
8. Shaq O'Neal (Big)
9. Bill Russell (Big)
11. Tim Duncan (Big)

Congrats to Steph by the way, the new 3 point king. Guy has changed the game and is the Best shooter of all-time, I have Reggie 2nd and Ray Allen 3rd regarding pure/clutch shooters. Reggie single handed beat the Knicks in 1995, 1998, and 2000 (Playoff series). Bird was deadly too but didn't take near as many 3's as those guys. The game was different when he played.

So the networks doing what they do best, where does Steph rank all-time? I listened to sports talk radio all night and one caller had him at #5. Many had him top 10. No, no, no, and a BIG FAT NO. I think these dude's forgot the 80's existed :roflmao: . Steph is top 20 and by the way I have Durant rated higher than Steph. Durant is like top 15. If one really broke down all the players I have in my top 12 and compared Steph to Durant, I will win my debate everytime. Steph = best shooter ever, great resume with 3 Championships, and 2 League MVP's so he makes the top 20 but people are a bit going overboard putting him top 5 or even top 10, he has never won a Finals MVP :waaaaa: . Today's society/younger generation is strange when it comes to stuff like this. They don't do their history and if someone has a great game they are great, then they have a bad game and they suck all of sudden. Almost everyone said the Rams were done when they lost 3 in a row, that the Cards were the best team in the league. Then after Monday, Rams are the best and Cards aren't ready :pullhair: - I am going by comments and callers that I have heard and read.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk