I have began to write a book

I have began to write a book

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:01 am

NBA's Best Players of All-Time!

As of September 2021, here is my concrete sweet Top 16 = Elite by accomplishments - Championships/MVP's, stats, overall wins, longevity,dominance, and eye test:

16. Karl Malone
15. Kevin Durant
14. Moses Malone
13. Jerry West - seen him on tons of film
12. Hakeem Olajuwon
11. Tim Duncan
10. Oscar Robertson - seen him on tons of film
9. Bill Russell - seen him on tons of film
8. Shaq O'Neal
7. Larry Bird
6. Wilt Chamberlain - seen him on tons of film
5. Kobe Bryant
4. LeBron James
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2. Magic Johnson - overall he edges out LeBron in critical categories.
1. Michael Jordan - best ever IMO
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: I have began to write a book

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:52 am

Wilt and Shaq need to drop a couple notches and let Timmy and Dream rise. Mainly Tim, because he was the silent leader, the anti-Shaq, and he came in winning and won his whole career. With one team. I'd drop Shaq (and Wilt for that matter) to 9-10 simply because you HAVE to factor in size, especially at Center. Shaq's body size grew rapidly when he joined the Lakers, bigger than he had ever been with the Magic. But his Fundamentals wouldn't start taking a hold until he saw Timmy win that strike-season championship. He learned from Tim how to use finesse and make that crucial pass, or dribble-drive a little just to keep defenders in check. Duncan wasn't really strong, or very athletic at all, but he got the rock where he wanted it and made the best decisions with it (except for the free throw line!). He legit anchored a 15-year dynasty as a versatile PF/C with the Legend Greg Popovich and some incredible teammates. Maybe Wilt-Shaq-Tim at 8-9-10?
Last edited by lakerevolution on Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:56 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:NBA's Best Players of All-Time!

As of September 2021, here is my concrete sweet Top 16 = Elite by accomplishments - Championships/MVP's, stats, overall wins, longevity,dominance, and eye test:

16. Karl Malone
15. Kevin Durant
14. Moses Malone
13. Jerry West - seen him on tons of film
12. Hakeem Olajuwon
11. Tim Duncan
10. Oscar Robertson - seen him on tons of film
9. Bill Russell - seen him on tons of film
8. Shaq O'Neal
7. Larry Bird
6. Wilt Chamberlain - seen him on tons of film
5. Kobe Bryant
4. LeBron James
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2. Magic Johnson - overall he edges out LeBron in critical categories.
1. Michael Jordan - best ever IMO

Adam Morrisson fans are like :pissedkobe: :URnuts: :ragein: :anfinger: :nocomment: :drunk:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:17 am

"After graduating from college, Duncan was the NBA Rookie of the Year after being selected by San Antonio with the first overall pick in the 1997 NBA draft. He primarily played the power forward position and also played center throughout his career. He is a five-time NBA champion, a two-time NBA MVP, a three-time NBA Finals MVP, a 15-time NBA All-Star, and the only player to be selected to both the All-NBA and All-Defensive Teams for 13 consecutive seasons."
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:30 am

Regarding Shaq vs Duncan, I can't really recall Duncan ever getting the better of Shaq when they played head to head. They did sweep the Lakers during the 1999 playoffs but the Lakers didn't know how to win then in the playoffs. Shaq was dealing with Duncan and Robinson, Robinson was still in his prime. To me Shaq was the more dominating player, in my lifetime I have never seen a more dominant center than Shaq was from 2000-2002. He is only 1 of 2 players to win 3 straight Finals MVP's, Jordan being the other one. I know Wilt did have a few of the most dominating seasons - see 1962. Duncan won 1 more Championship 5-4 but never even won a back to back, Shaq 3Peated and it was really only he and Kobe that carried most of that load. The last Championship Duncan won, Leonard was their best player, and in 2007 when the Spurs won Tony Parker won Finals MVP. Duncan also had Manu for most of his career and had Robinson to learn from at the beginning.

Now don't get me wrong, Duncan was a magnificent player and having him rated at 11th I am sure Spurs fans would be cussing me out :roflmao: but every player I have rated in front of him were all great as well. I would've had Bill Russell rated higher but his offensive liabilities is why he isn't in that top 5 range. Bill Simmons has him rated 2nd but he loves the Celtics. He wasn't near the offensive player Kareem or Wilt was. He could still give you 20 a game which is good but his strengths were rebounding and defense. Russ has to be top 10 though because he won 11 Championships, 8 of those Championships were won only having to win 2 series but still 11!

When I look at Magic vs LeBron, what stands out to me is this:
-Magic was simply more efficient and more clutch- see 1987 vs the Celtics. Magic shot 52% from the field and 84.8% from the line in his career. LeBron is at 50.4% from the field and only 73.3% from the line. Those 2 players have relied on efficiency a lot. If Magic got fouled late in games, he was money from the line, LeBron isn't and both love to drive to the basket. That is critical late in games. Magic also is the all-time leader in NBA history in Assist per season average at 11.2 over 12 full seasons. His final record is 5-4, LeBron's is 4-6. It is fun to debate this stuff though :cheers: .

When it comes to Larry Bird, he could do it all. Score, pass, rebound, and play defense. He played decent D and he was slow lol. In today's league he would dominate because he would be a stretch 4, he wouldn't play the SF spot IMO. He would tear it up from 3. In the modern era, he is still the only player to win 3 straight league MVP's (1984-1986), he also won 3 Championships. Had it not been for the Lakers, the Celtics would have 4 in a row from 1984-1987. Lakers were the only team that beat them in the playoffs(Finals) during that time. He deserves top 10 easily, I have him at 7th.

1 last thing Durant is top 15 IMO, I have never seen a more dangerous offensive player than him other than maybe Jordan and Kobe. Durant even shoots the 3 with high efficiency.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:09 pm

Maybe I should make it a sweet 16 +1, the 1 being Steph Curry. When I played I had to play like him being a 5'8 short guy that relied on making 3's shooting from 30. This guy is incredible.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Maybe I should make it a sweet 16 +1, the 1 being Steph Curry. When I played I had to play like him being a 5'8 short guy that relied on making 3's shooting from 30. This guy is incredible.

ESPN just did their top 75 of all-time. Reggie Miller made it, about time he gets recognized lol - to me is top 50, barely but he is. The overwhelming starting 5 by all the analysts at ESPN is:

PG Magic Johnson
SG Michael Jordan
SF LeBron James
PF Tim Duncan
C - it was a split between Kareem and Wilt. There was a couple that had Shaq there. One had Hakeem. Nobody had Russell on their starting 5 :roflmao: , where is Bill Simmons at??

Westbrook made the list, so did Lillard. Biggest snub to me was Klay Thompson - he is top 75. His resume smokes many, Dwight Howard should be top 75 as well, Dwight was the best Center in basketball when he played for Orlando. Bernard King not making this is a joke! Pau should be on there as well, without him we don't win it all in 2009 and 2010. Who would I take off to put those guys on? Good question - Melo, Paul Arizin, Bill Sharman, and Dave Bing. I would take Pau over any of those guys.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:37 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Maybe I should make it a sweet 16 +1, the 1 being Steph Curry. When I played I had to play like him being a 5'8 short guy that relied on making 3's shooting from 30. This guy is incredible.

ESPN just did their top 75 of all-time. Reggie Miller made it, about time he gets recognized lol - to me is top 50, barely but he is. The overwhelming starting 5 by all the analysts at ESPN is:

PG Magic Johnson
SG Michael Jordan
SF LeBron James
PF Tim Duncan
C - it was a split between Kareem and Wilt. There was a couple that had Shaq there. One had Hakeem. Nobody had Russell on their starting 5 :roflmao: , where is Bill Simmons at??

Westbrook made the list, so did Lillard. Biggest snub to me was Klay Thompson - he is top 75. His resume smokes many, Dwight Howard should be top 75 as well, Dwight was the best Center in basketball when he played for Orlando. Bernard King not making this is a joke! Pau should be on there as well, without him we don't win it all in 2009 and 2010. Who would I take off to put those guys on? Good question - Melo, Paul Arizin, Bill Sharman, and Dave Bing. I would take Pau over any of those guys.

I should just do a Top 20, my 16 are:
16. Karl Malone
15. Kevin Durant
14. Moses Malone
13. Jerry West
12. Hakeem Olajuwon
11. Tim Duncan - I have him 11th but have stated he is the best PF of all-time
10. Oscar Robertson
9. Bill Russell
8. Shaq O'Neal
7. Larry Bird
6. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Kobe Bryant
4. LeBron James
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2. Magic Johnson
1. Michael Jordan

17-20:
I will go:
17. Steph Curry
18. Elgin Baylor
19. Dr J
20. John Havlicek
I will go 3 honor mentions:
-Dwyane Wade
-Dirk Nowitzki
-Isiah Thomas

This is 2021 so I had to revise everything and include some of this generation of players. I think Curry is top 20. Charles Barkley got snubbed by me I guess. I like Dirk's game better than Charles, Dirk was unstoppable on offense.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:04 pm

Great stuff 3Peat! Your repository is inherently exquisite! Which basically means I'll put your lists up against anybody I know. You and I are the last of the Mohicans, brother. Sometimes it's time to turn mother's picture to the wall and get ugly.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:29 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Great stuff 3Peat! Your repository is inherently exquisite! Which basically means I'll put your lists up against anybody I know. You and I are the last of the Mohicans, brother. Sometimes it's time to turn mother's picture to the wall and get ugly.

Thanks my Brethren, I always said back on the ESPN boards we were the Kobe and Shaq that took down the Trolls :roflmao: . As Homer Simpson once said "I will always be here not even death will stop me" :pissedkobe:
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk