I've been lucky as a sports fan, I am officially an old man.

I've been lucky as a sports fan, I am officially an old man.

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:55 pm

My favorite Baseball team since 1984 = Cubs. Golden era (2015-2020 seasons, 6 seasons in a row)
2015-2020
5 Playoff appearances - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
3 Division Titles - 2016, 2017, 2020
3 NLCS appearances - 2015, 2016, 2017
1 NL Pennant - 2016
1 WS Championship - 2016

My favorite Football team since 1984 - Colts. Golden era (2003-2010, 8 seasons in a row)
2003-2010
8 Playoff appearances - 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 2010
7 Division Titles - 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 2010
3 AFC Title Game appearances - 2003, 06, 09
2 SB appearances - 2006, 09
1 SB Championship - 2006

My favorite Basketball team since 1977 - Lakers. I have have been able to celebrate 11 World Championships in my lifetime fandom as a Laker fan!

1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2020 :kingclaphands:

I am now 50 years old so I am this now :geezer:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: I've been lucky as a sports fan, I am officially an old

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:42 pm

and then I will always have Reggie Miller scoring 8 points in 8 seconds to beat the Knicks in the playoffs in 1995 during the Round 2. That was a big deal around here because NY people thinks their shit doesn't stink :roflmao:. Their fans calling us heyseeds and losers. Reggie said hold my beer pal! Just on principle alone I loved when he it stuck it to that city! I know Jesus lives there but I remember a lot about the 1000's fans they had putting down Indiana, so to Reggie :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:16 am

I better get to bed because I have to work tonight. Having said that I just watched Kobe and Pau post game vs Houston in the 2009 playoffs, classic! Kobe said I understand Spanish but I will let Pau answer and if u want me to translate I will, but u have to pay me. I feel my brother Kobe. I have learned a lot of Spanish over the last month and know the basics now but as far as speaking it I am not there yet. I know some Italian too. I know how to count to 10, know the days of the week, hi and bye/hot and cold, etc.. and even some cuss words lol. I think the one thing Kobe and I had in common was we always wanted to get better. I remember when I was 33 and ran/jogged 7 miles in less than an hour. I was drinking slim fast, water, just eating noodle soup and not drinking alcohol at all for almost a year. I lost 60 pounds but it wasn't good enough. I ran in the Mini marathon in 2006 when I was 35. I added muscle because I started eating Tuna and Chicken. I ran 13.3 miles in 2 hours, out of 35,000 people I was in the top 3000. To be a just good runner you have to average a 10 minute mile over 13.3 miles - 2 hours 15 minutes and there were a few thousand that did that. I was around 9 minutes a mile for 13.3. I still wasn't pleased, I wanted to be in the top 1000. Kobe was the same way, either you are in with the best or your not. The winner of that race ran it 1 hour 7 minutes, it was a Kenyon. Then you had several run it in around 1 hour 30 minutes, I ran it in 2 hours with a few other couple thousand. After that there was a huge fall off. I never ran it again but my goal was to try and run it in 1 hour 30 minutes, just never got there. After I ran it 2 hours my feet, knees, back, hurt for like a week and I had to soak in a tub for 3 straight days :waaaaa: . But hey 3000 out of 35,000 is very good but not great. There were like 25,000 people that had to walk it to the finish line but they ran/jogged around 9 or 10 miles but they finished. Some didn't make it :shrug:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:06 pm

Impressive! I was always a sprinter, never a long-distance guy. My right knee has gotten worse over the years, limiting my ability to run full-speed - I barely play basketball anymore because I'm afraid I'll pop a ligament. I have been doing a lot of high-intesity hiking and more recently a ton of biking, so my lungs and heart are in pretty good shape and I've trimmed down the slight dad-bod gut I had been growing over the years. I gotta get back in the gym on the weights though, that's one thing I've been procrastinating about - it's so much easier to sit on the couch and drink beer :boozbuds:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:12 am

lakerevolution wrote:Impressive! I was always a sprinter, never a long-distance guy. My right knee has gotten worse over the years, limiting my ability to run full-speed - I barely play basketball anymore because I'm afraid I'll pop a ligament. I have been doing a lot of high-intesity hiking and more recently a ton of biking, so my lungs and heart are in pretty good shape and I've trimmed down the slight dad-bod gut I had been growing over the years. I gotta get back in the gym on the weights though, that's one thing I've been procrastinating about - it's so much easier to sit on the couch and drink beer :boozbuds:

Yeah I was always in shape and a good athlete in High School but what got me into long distance running was when I turned 30. By the time I was 30, I went from my natural WT of 155 to 205 and to put it bluntly I was a fat ass :roflmao: . So I ran and dieted consistently for around 5 years and got down to as low as 140 pounds. That was too small though, I could fit into 30 jeans. I bulked up some before I ran that race, I was around 155 and felt strong because it was all muscle. Yeah I finished barely in the top 3000 out of roughly 35,000 which is impressive by running it right at 2 hours but it wasn't great. I felt like a basketball player that went to the Finals which is very good but lost in 7 games and got no ring :waaaaa: . Probably how CP3 or Stockton feels. I got a nice T-shirt out of it and people telling me where I placed - how great it was but all I wanted to do was soak in a hottub for 2 hours and drink a 5th of Crown because I felt like crap. I was so sore it wasn't even funny, the next day was even worse. That is why I never ran in it again.

I am around 200 right now but carry my WT a little better. In that pic you seen me with Ken I was 190.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:06 am

All I saw was two white guys :dedhors: :imok: :beavis:
But honestly it's been a pleasure and a privelege going back and forth with you unique individuals over the last ten years. I hate to say it but it may be time for us to ditch this taco stand and relocate to more favorable pastures. Lew Mariano, Kirby, Seagram . . the other mainstays from the original sites have shown how loyal they are. As far as the splitoff crew . .

Wherever we go we carry that True Fan standard and I will never let that go. I know Kenny has been AWOL for a minute but he has my number so he better hit me soon so we can discuss the next level #18 :pissedkobe: :LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:14 pm

lakerevolution wrote:All I saw was two white guys :dedhors: :imok: :beavis:
But honestly it's been a pleasure and a privelege going back and forth with you unique individuals over the last ten years. I hate to say it but it may be time for us to ditch this taco stand and relocate to more favorable pastures. Lew Mariano, Kirby, Seagram . . the other mainstays from the original sites have shown how loyal they are. As far as the splitoff crew . .

Wherever we go we carry that True Fan standard and I will never let that go. I know Kenny has been AWOL for a minute but he has my number so he better hit me soon so we can discuss the next level #18 :pissedkobe: :LOBtrophy:

I still would like to keep this site open eventhough there is very little posting. When basketball starts I am sure Ken will post the game threads, etc.. I think Ken owns the URL and pays very little for the site so it would be cool to keep it going for at least 1 more year as another option for posting. As far as posting anywhere else, I am not sure how I want to do that. I have a Facebook account but never use it. I just never have got into Facebook. I have Ken's number as well and he has mine, he is probably busy with work and spending time with his GF. With no basketball or football going on there isn't much to talk about. My Cubs stink, I use to have that every year to fall back on but not anymore.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:31 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:

I still would like to keep this site open eventhough there is very little posting. When basketball starts I am sure Ken will post the game threads, etc.. I think Ken owns the URL and pays very little for the site so it would be cool to keep it going for at least 1 more year as another option for posting. As far as posting anywhere else, I am not sure how I want to do that. I have a Facebook account but never use it. I just never have got into Facebook. I have Ken's number as well and he has mine, he is probably busy with work and spending time with his GF. With no basketball or football going on there isn't much to talk about. My Cubs stink, I use to have that every year to fall back on but not anymore.

Yeah, your Cubs decided to clean house so the obvious fall-off was not too surprising. Hopefully it won't take another 100 years to win another WS :geezer: . Jesus' Mets have fallen off a cliff too after leading their division for much of the first part of the season. Ken's Yanks are still in contention but I don't think they'll go far - might not even qualify. And my Bums, despite our loaded and well-paid roster, are too many games behind the unbelievably successful Giants. We'll likely get the WC but that's just not good enough. 9 years winning our division and what do we have to show for it?? One *Covid-shortened WS title, while the Giants have three legit championships in their back pocket :nocomment: . Sheesh. At least they're fun to watch.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:39 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Yeah, your Cubs decided to clean house so the obvious fall-off was not too surprising. Hopefully it won't take another 100 years to win another WS :geezer: . Jesus' Mets have fallen off a cliff too after leading their division for much of the first part of the season. Ken's Yanks are still in contention but I don't think they'll go far - might not even qualify. And my Bums, despite our loaded and well-paid roster, are too many games behind the unbelievably successful Giants. We'll likely get the WC but that's just not good enough. 9 years winning our division and what do we have to show for it?? One *Covid-shortened WS title, while the Giants have three legit championships in their back pocket :nocomment: . Sheesh. At least they're fun to watch.

Yeah the Cubs cleaned house. Very disappointing to see Bryant and Baez traded. Rizzo was a little older so I had a feeling the Cubs might deal him and they did. Bryant and Baez are still only 29 and players you should build your team around, not trade them. Other than Hendricks our pitching is pretty inconsistent as well. Hendricks is good not great, to me is only a borderline Ace. I would definitely keep him though and try and add an Ace. Dodgers are the Dodgers, very good to great every year. Like the Cubs they only have 1 WS Title to show for it over the last 5 seasons = 2016-2020. Eventhough the Dodgers won it all in a shortened 60 game season, a WS Title is still a Championship. The 1 season the Cubs won it all in 2016 is considered by MLB a Top 10 greatest team ever. For that 1 season we were dominant going 103-58 and had to get through the Giants and Dodgers to win the NL Pennant.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk