Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:47 pm

He is being inducted into the Hall of Fame tonight. To me he is arguably the GOAT of QB's so this deserves a thread by itself. I have always said if you put Tom Brady, Joe Montana, or Peyton Manning's name in a hat and picked one out, you can't go wrong. Most polls and media have Peyton the 3rd best ever behind Tom and Joe but not too bad, I will take it as a Colts fan.

Here was Peyton's accolades as a Colt:
1 SB win as a starter so he got the city of Indianapolis our Championship! = 2006

2 SB appearances as a starter = 2006, 2009

3 AFC Title Game appearances as a starter = 2003, 2006, 2009

4 League MVP's = 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009

1 SB MVP = 2006

Career Regular Season record as a Colt starter 141-67, he won 68% of his games over 13 seasons. From 2003-2009 the Colts went 89-23 LMAO, if we lost I was in shock and we rarely lost at home. We won 79.5% of our games over 7 seasons which is unreal!

-As a Bronco, Peyton won another League MVP in 2013 giving him 5 which is the all-time record. He also won that all important 2nd SB as a starter in 2015 putting him in the multiple SB QB winners club. Only 12 QB's have won 2 or more SB's as a starter in NFL history. If a QB like Ben Roethlisberger or his brother Eli would've ended up with more SB wins that would've been ridiculous but Peyton got #2 so it is all great baby! A QB is just looked at in a different light when they get that 2nd one, eventhough he got it with the Broncos I was happy for him because i knew how big it would be for his legacy. Think about this Aaron Rodgers is a great QB, I say top 10 ever and he only has won 1, Brett Favre only won 1 SB as well. Dan Marino won 0 SB's.

Congrats Peyton, you are a Top 3 QB of all-time without debate, #1 in my heart. :kingclaphands:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Peyton Manning

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:36 pm

Peyton was rushed but nailed his speech, flawless as usual. I miss him so bad! He was our Kobe Bryant, didn't win 5 Titles like Kobe but did win a ton of games and got his ring. His 5 League MVP's will be a record that never will be broken, I would bet the farm on that.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:11 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Peyton was rushed but nailed his speech, flawless as usual. I miss him so bad! He was our Kobe Bryant, didn't win 5 Titles like Kobe but did win a ton of games and got his ring. His 5 League MVP's will be a record that never will be broken, I would bet the farm on that.

You own a farm?? :waaaaa: They were mumbling about the future "Commissioner Manning" on ESPN this morning. I could see it - though that's a largely thankless job. Megatron's speech was flat-out amazing. And how strange was it to see Drew Pearson in the same HOF class as Calvin Johnson and Charles Woodson? A few buddies from work talked me into doing the Yahoo! Fantasy NFL league this year - I hope it's similar to the NBA format we've been playing . . and I hope I can do better than I did against you guys :weakout:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:19 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Peyton was rushed but nailed his speech, flawless as usual. I miss him so bad! He was our Kobe Bryant, didn't win 5 Titles like Kobe but did win a ton of games and got his ring. His 5 League MVP's will be a record that never will be broken, I would bet the farm on that.

You own a farm?? :waaaaa: They were mumbling about the future "Commissioner Manning" on ESPN this morning. I could see it - though that's a largely thankless job. Megatron's speech was flat-out amazing. And how strange was it to see Drew Pearson in the same HOF class as Calvin Johnson and Charles Woodson? A few buddies from work talked me into doing the Yahoo! Fantasy NFL league this year - I hope it's similar to the NBA format we've been playing . . and I hope I can do better than I did against you guys :weakout:

No I don't own a farm but if I did I would have chickens and pigs running around in my farm yard on a huge peaceful land + I would grow a lot of Corn :waaaaa:. I thought the whole ceremony was spectacular. John Lynch was funny, he said I finally get into the Hall of Fame and I have to follow Peyton Manning's speech, thanks :roflmao:. I think Drew Pearson belongs in the Hall, glad he finally got in. IMO he was just as great as Lynn Swann was if you compare their career's. The difference of course being the Steelers beat the Cowboys twice in the SB so Steelers players are looked at in a different light. It is amazing what 1 or 2 games for a player's legacy can do, like Peyton getting that 2nd ring. That put him on another level as far as able to win the big one. Peyton needed that 2nd ring, that made up for his INT vs the Saints in the 2009 SB. Eli will make the Hall because he won 2 SB's by beating Tom's team, without those 2 SB wins Eli would not make it.

Fantasy Football is a lot easier to manage Rev. I played in it from 2014-2019 on a Yahoo format. I won my 12 man league in 2018 with Luck at QB but I had Hopkins who had a gigantic year as well. You will do fine. You set your lineup on Tuesday and you are done with it. You just have to keep up with injuries and make sure who you have in your lineup is playing before Sunday's games. A word of advice, if you can manually pick your first 4 rounds I would (after that auto draft is good), that is what I did in 2018 and with your 1st pick take the best WR available. There are many that put up huge Fantasy stats. I took Hopkins with my 1st pick and Luck in the 4th round because he was still there but by Round 4 the QB's start flying off the board. The year I won it all, I went WR, RB, TE, and then QB my 1st 4 rounds. The QB's started to come off the board in Round 3 a little and by the end of Round 4 most of the good-great one's were gone. Remember we had 12 people picking so I am not sure how big your league even is. I got lucky with the Luck pick because he was coming off injury and was rated low and he ended up throwing 39 TD's and 4500 yards that season :roflmao:, I can't remember exactly but before I took Luck in Round 4 there were around 8 QB's gone by then. We had 12 rounds if you are wondering.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:06 pm

Ha ha I should have you play for me :willie: . It's a group of guys from work - I don't know exactly how many but it'll probably be around 10. They're ordering a nice championship ring for the winner and a pink license plate frame for the loser :waaaaa: . I guess I gotta start doing my research now, we're going to get together on a Saturday to do the draft. Hopefully it's easy and fun!
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk