Here are some LeBron questions

Here are some LeBron questions

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:00 pm

1. Do you think he will beat Kareem's scoring record? By my calculations if he plays in 70 games for the next 2 seasons and averages 24.0 points a game he would fall 10 points short of Kareem's record with 38,377 points (Kareem scored 38,387). Keep in mind LeBron is starting to show some age and he missed 27 games in 2019 and missed 26 games this year. In an 82 game season, him playing 70 is probably accurate. He averaged 25.0 points a game this season, so 24.0 is probably about right over the next 2 seasons. I think LeBron would have to play into a 3 more season situation to break the record.

2. Leading into this, how many more seasons do you think LeBron will play. I say 2 more seasons at most but he could play 3 more.

3. Will LeBron win another Championship with the Lakers? I say no unfortunately.

4. With only winning 1 Championship can LeBron be considered a Top 5 Laker player of all-time. I say no. I have:

1. Magic
2. Kobe
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Jerry West
5. Shaq O'Neal - Yes Shaq was better than Wilt. Shaq 3Peated and won 3 Finals MVP's in a Lakers uniform so he did more than Wilt in LA. Shaq also accomplishment more than Elgin Baylor did as well in a Lakers uniform if you go by Championships. Baylor was given a Ring when the Lakers won in 1972 but he only played 9 games, so technically you could say he was like Karl Malone and never won one. Jerry West belongs at #4, he was like Mr Laker (the Logo) before the 80's came about then Magic and Kareem just dominated the whole decade. West was also the best player on their 1972 Championship team.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Here are some LeBron questions

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:55 pm

LeBron will have flashes of brilliance over his last couple of seasons, but unless the Lakers add a third bonafide in-his-prime all-star to help drive the scoring and tempo, it's going to be tough. Teams like the Clippers and Bucks will only get better - we need to get really lucky and add some ready-for-battle players and pray for health all season.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk