2021 NBA Playoff Thread

Re: 2021 NBA Playoff Thread

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:30 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Great job Suns! Suns now up 3-1 as they win 84-80. Clippers have been a pain in the ass winning games with Reggie Jackson, Marcus Morris, and Terrance Mann playing out their ass. 1 more win and CP3 will make the Finals for the 1st time. Clippers luck just went :toiletclaw:
Although CP3 had another poor shooting night, his mastery of the ball and quick hands were still the difference. Ugly game. Clipper "fans" will cry boo-hoo over the "what-ifs" of Kawhi playing, and they are entitled to do so. To have the team that beat us defeat the Clips is poetic, and I am rooting for Chris and Monty to go all the way.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:48 am

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Great job Suns! Suns now up 3-1 as they win 84-80. Clippers have been a pain in the ass winning games with Reggie Jackson, Marcus Morris, and Terrance Mann playing out their ass. 1 more win and CP3 will make the Finals for the 1st time. Clippers luck just went :toiletclaw:
Although CP3 had another poor shooting night, his mastery of the ball and quick hands were still the difference. Ugly game. Clipper "fans" will cry boo-hoo over the "what-ifs" of Kawhi playing, and they are entitled to do so. To have the team that beat us defeat the Clips is poetic, and I am rooting for Chris and Monty to go all the way.

Clippers not having Leonard is a legit excuse but we didn't have AD for games 5 or 6 vs the Suns with the series tied at 2-2. We can use the injury excuse as well. I am not sure the Clippers win this series even if Leonard was healthy, Leonard was healthy vs the Jazz and they lost the 1st 2 games in that series. Suns are playing outstanding right now. A Suns/Bucks Finals would be different but that should be a great 7 game series.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:12 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:

Clippers not having Leonard is a legit excuse but we didn't have AD for games 5 or 6 vs the Suns with the series tied at 2-2. We can use the injury excuse as well. I am not sure the Clippers win this series even if Leonard was healthy, Leonard was healthy vs the Jazz and they lost the 1st 2 games in that series. Suns are playing outstanding right now. A Suns/Bucks Finals would be different but that should be a great 7 game series.

I was just watching the Lakers/Celtics rivalry of the 80's on ESPN. It is scary to how history repeats itself in different ways. The Lakers championship run with their big 4 of Magic, Kareem, Worthy, and Scott started in 1985 and ended in 1989. The Warriors championship run started in 2015 with Curry, Thompson, and Green and ended in 2019. Of course they added Durant in 2017 to form a big 4.

Lakers won the championship in 1985, 1987/1988, lost in the Finals in 1989.

Warriors won the championship in 2015, 2017/2018, lost in the Finals in 2019. They had the same success we had exactly 30 seasons later over a 5 year span with their same main core. Only Durant wasn't a part of their 2015 team.

The 1 disappointing season for each team was oddly enough 30 seasons apart too lol. The Lakers lost in the 1986 WCFinals to the Rockets in shocking fashion when Ralph Sampson hit a miraculous shot in Game 5 to close that series. The Warriors won 73 games (an NBA record) but lost in shocking fashion in the 2016 Finals on their home floor in a Game 7 to the Cavs. The Warriors went the last 4 minutes of that game and didn't score a point!
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:29 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:

I was just watching the Lakers/Celtics rivalry of the 80's on ESPN. It is scary to how history repeats itself in different ways. The Lakers championship run with their big 4 of Magic, Kareem, Worthy, and Scott started in 1985 and ended in 1989. The Warriors championship run started in 2015 with Curry, Thompson, and Green and ended in 2019. Of course they added Durant in 2017 to form a big 4.

Lakers won the championship in 1985, 1987/1988, lost in the Finals in 1989.

Warriors won the championship in 2015, 2017/2018, lost in the Finals in 2019. They had the same success we had exactly 30 seasons later over a 5 year span with their same main core. Only Durant wasn't a part of their 2015 team.

The Lakers best team was 1987, Warriors best team was 2017. I would have the perfect game plan against them if I was coaching LA. Defensively I would use AC Green and Kurt Rambis both playing around 24 minutes a piece to use up 6 fouls if needed guarding Durant. I would have them harassing Durant all day poking at him and getting under his skin. Green was a very good defensive player and Rambis was rough and tough. I would have Worthy guard Draymond, Draymond isn't a huge threat on offense so Worthy would be fresh on the offensive end. Magic is 6'9 so I would just tell Magic not give Curry any open looks from 3, if he wants the 2 that is fine - let him drive. Cooper would handle Klay when Scott goes to the bench. Offensively I would just pound the ball into Worthy and Kareem all day, they do not have any Big's that can stop either player. Magic could get any shot he wants as well being 6'9 and the ball handler he was. Scott and Cooper both could just hit enough timely 3's for me to offset anything they could bring. They would try to put Iggy on Magic or Worthy but he is too small at 6'6 to guard either and would get alive down low. Rebounding wise I could always bring in Mychal Thompson if I had too to shore that up but Green and Rambis were good Rebounder's too. Advantage 1987 Lakers.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:31 pm

Clippers won tonight, of course :pullhair: . The pesky ass team that won't go away. Suns better quit screwing around and finish them in 6. If it goes 7 anything can happen with the way these teams are in 2021.
'
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:42 pm

Congrats to CP3 and the Suns, the Los Angeles Brewers pull their normal. Role players can only play out of their ass for so long. Guys like Reggie Jackson, Marcus Morris, and Terrance Mann may give you 1 or 2 great games per series and that is the norm. In a 7 game series that doesn't allow a team to advance if your best player is out. They got by Utah because Mann played the 1 game of his life scoring 39, he didn't do anything vs the Suns. PG played well in this series, he isn't a Batman though, he is the perfect Robin however. If Leonard had been there, who knows how the series would've turned out but he wasn't. PG is perfect along side Leonard, or a LeBron or Durant for example but he can't carry a team for a whole series. On those Pacers teams of 2013 and 2014 that reached the ECFinals he was their best player but David West was the true leader.

Glad the Suns won because unless you guys get on a lot of basketball websites and read the comments, many think the NBA is rigged. Many were saying that if the Clippers would've won this series, some were using terms like 'phony bologne' :roflmao: after Game 5. I thought the Clippers beating the Jazz without Leonard in Game 5 and Game 6 was fishy myself. If the Clippers would've beat the Suns without HCA vs a Top 10 PG in league history (CP3) many would've been outraged. Believe me I have read 1000 comments. When it comes to Bucks/Hawks nobody has said much because both are small market teams that never do shit anyway. ESPN clearly wanted Clippers/Nets once the Lakers were eliminated and wasn't hiding it one bit. Molly Q on 1st take is on record saying Milwaukee and Phoenix are terrible cities, that is so disrespectful and so untrue. She apparently hasn't been to either city. Anyone that put Indianapolis down like that would be getting an e-mail from me letting them know they need to stay in their lane. Don't ever disrespect another person's city when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Your parents teach you that in grade school. I would put my basketball knowledge up against anyone on 1st take, even Stephen A. I could throw out something like who won the NBA Championship in 1974 or in 1978 and those people would look scatterbrained/clueless :roflmao: . I know my history even before I started watching. How about a question like was Ben Coleman white or black :roflmao: . He played Center during the 80's and 90's, I bet 75% of people that follow basketball would get that wrong. They would probably be like who is that??

Suns 2021 Western Conference Champions!

Giannis is injured but his MRI came back clean. Go Bucks so ESPN and their crew have to travel to Phoenix and Milwaukee :waaaaa:. The ECFinals at 2-2 is some great stuff no matter what happens. If the Hawks do win I would be happy for Nate.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:43 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Congrats to CP3 and the Suns, the Los Angeles Brewers pull their normal. Role players can only play out of their ass for so long. Guys like Reggie Jackson, Marcus Morris, and Terrance Mann may give you 1 or 2 great games per series and that is the norm. In a 7 game series that doesn't allow a team to advance if your best player is out. They got by Utah because Mann played the 1 game of his life scoring 39, he didn't do anything vs the Suns. PG played well in this series, he isn't a Batman though, he is the perfect Robin however. If Leonard had been there, who knows how the series would've turned out but he wasn't. PG is perfect along side Leonard, or a LeBron or Durant for example but he can't carry a team for a whole series. On those Pacers teams of 2013 and 2014 that reached the ECFinals he was their best player but David West was the true leader.

Glad the Suns won because unless you guys get on a lot of basketball websites and read the comments, many think the NBA is rigged. Many were saying that if the Clippers would've won this series, some were using terms like 'phony bologne' :roflmao: after Game 5. I thought the Clippers beating the Jazz without Leonard in Game 5 and Game 6 was fishy myself. If the Clippers would've beat the Suns without HCA vs a Top 10 PG in league history (CP3) many would've been outraged. Believe me I have read 1000 comments. When it comes to Bucks/Hawks nobody has said much because both are small market teams that never do shit anyway. ESPN clearly wanted Clippers/Nets once the Lakers were eliminated and wasn't hiding it one bit. Molly Q on 1st take is on record saying Milwaukee and Phoenix are terrible cities, that is so disrespectful and so untrue. She apparently hasn't been to either city. Anyone that put Indianapolis down like that would be getting an e-mail from me letting them know they need to stay in their lane. Don't ever disrespect another person's city when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Your parents teach you that in grade school. I would put my basketball knowledge up against anyone on 1st take, even Stephen A. I could throw out something like who won the NBA Championship in 1974 or in 1978 and those people would look scatterbrained/clueless :roflmao: . I know my history even before I started watching. How about a question like was Ben Coleman white or black :roflmao: . He played Center during the 80's and 90's, I bet 75% of people that follow basketball would get that wrong. They would probably be like who is that??

Suns 2021 Western Conference Champions!

Giannis is injured but his MRI came back clean. Go Bucks so ESPN and their crew have to travel to Phoenix and Milwaukee :waaaaa:. The ECFinals at 2-2 is some great stuff no matter what happens. If the Hawks do win I would be happy for Nate.

The huge question tomorrow on the NBA Channel and ESPN will be is CP3 a Top 5 PG of all-time? He isn't IMO but not a knock on him. I have him Top 10 easily. He hasn't been better than these guys:
1. Magic Johnson

2. Oscar Robertson

3. Isiah Thomas

4. Step Curry who's actual true position is PG that happens to be the greatest shooter ever.

5. John Stockton - never won a Championship but who cares, he ran up against Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Phil. His Jazz won the West twice, not his fault the Bulls were sitting there. He is the all-time leader in Assists and Steals, he is Top 5 because of that alone.

Those 5 were all better but there could be an argument made that CP3 may be the 2nd best leader of PG's all-time only behind Magic. I have CP3 in the club of the Allen Iverson's, Gary Payton's, and Jason Kidd's. AI was a better scorer but CP3 was more of a PG. Kidd was more like CP3 just bigger, Payton was the best defensive player of those 3. Regarding AI, it depends what you think his true position is, I always thought of him as a PG that could score in bundles like Curry is. During the 2001 Finals vs the Lakers he played PG 90% of the time.

And yes Jerry West was a true SG not a true PG, eventhough on the 1972 Championship team it shows he played a lot of PG. That was because Goodrich played SG and West was capable of playing PG. I have West on the greatest ever SG's list with Jordan, Kobe, and Wade.

Eventhough Wiki lists Jerry West as a PG, the NBA all 60's decade team starting 5 has West listed as a SG, Robertson is listed as the PG. I also googled all-time greatest PG's and SG's, West is on the SG's list not the PG list on every list I read. Curry is on the PG list on every list I read. Just covering my tracks because West is listed as a PG by the Lakers on several teams he played on.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:12 am

I almost quit watching ESPN and don't watch much now but have a little lately because of the NBA playoffs. Let me just say this, I love Keyshawn Johnson, he is about the only one that makes sense. Dude has knowledge and just has great opinions.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:27 am

Man if 1st Take had Keyshawn and Freddie on everyday with Charly I would watch a lot more. Charly is so much better than Molly even prettier :rthup: . This has been so refreshing. Freddie Coleman knows his stuff. Keyshawn's list of college football players that would've made huge money if they were allowed was pretty spot on. I laughed when he put himself #1 but having said that he would've made huge money. Tebow and Bosworth were spot on - their popularity was off the charts!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:47 am

1 last post than it is off to bed as I have to work tonight. Charly loves the Colts and I didn't even know it. She just said go Horse and is hoping Wentz bounces back! I swear I did not know she felt that way before I made my prior post. Great stuff! Take care brethren, I am off .
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:04 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I almost quit watching ESPN and don't watch much now but have a little lately because of the NBA playoffs. Let me just say this, I love Keyshawn Johnson, he is about the only one that makes sense. Dude has knowledge and just has great opinions.

Who's Ben Coleman? :waaaaa:

The Clippers are definitely on the map now . . and the forever argument will be "if Kawhi hadn't been injured . . ." but that is just another * and footnote in NBA history. The lesson for Tyronn Lue is DON'T FALL BEHIND 0-2 TO START A SERIES!!! Had they been able to battle back and defeat the Suns, it would have been a record that would never be broken, and they likely would have won it all. Chris Paul definitely had "home court" advantage on the Clippers' court, scoring at will and leading his squad to a runaway win. And PaTRICK Beverly, for all his excellent play this post-season, will NEVER be respected again for his classless shove in the back of Chris Paul.

Well besides not having to see Steve Ballmer's ugly dome anymore, I'm looking forward to the x's and o's of a possible Suns/Bucks matchup. Phoenix will be well-rested and playing the first two games at home, which could be an insurmountable advantage. The role players on each team will determine who goes home with OUR trophy :LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:55 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I almost quit watching ESPN and don't watch much now but have a little lately because of the NBA playoffs. Let me just say this, I love Keyshawn Johnson, he is about the only one that makes sense. Dude has knowledge and just has great opinions.

Who's Ben Coleman? :waaaaa:

The Clippers are definitely on the map now . . and the forever argument will be "if Kawhi hadn't been injured . . ." but that is just another * and footnote in NBA history. The lesson for Tyronn Lue is DON'T FALL BEHIND 0-2 TO START A SERIES!!! Had they been able to battle back and defeat the Suns, it would have been a record that would never be broken, and they likely would have won it all. Chris Paul definitely had "home court" advantage on the Clippers' court, scoring at will and leading his squad to a runaway win. And PaTRICK Beverly, for all his excellent play this post-season, will NEVER be respected again for his classless shove in the back of Chris Paul.

Well besides not having to see Steve Ballmer's ugly dome anymore, I'm looking forward to the x's and o's of a possible Suns/Bucks matchup. Phoenix will be well-rested and playing the first two games at home, which could be an insurmountable advantage. The role players on each team will determine who goes home with OUR trophy :LOBtrophy:

Knowing how you are I figured you would love the Ben Coleman reference :roflmao: . I remember being in Highschool and this one guy and me used to always go at it too see who knew more regarding the NBA. He just threw it out there one day and said "ok Mr. know it all, is Ben Coleman white or black" I have to admit he stumped me because I had no idea who Ben Coleman was :waaaaa: , this was back like in 1987 and I knew almost every player on every roster. Some things you never forget :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:48 pm

Ok but really who the fuck is Ben Coleman?? I'm not gonna Google it, I'd rather read it from you here :waaaaa:

Thrilling extras battle here in Oakland tonight between the Bean Eaters and Schwangin' A's . . watch the highlights, pure baseball greatness. My neighborhood is in full fireworks mode - I live around so many Asians and Mexicans :grouphug: that 4th of July is literally an all-year thing. Black folks just BBQ and maybe fire off a few rounds from the glock :minigun: :lol: I usually get my own cakes but this year I'm just going to relax and enjoy the fun.

As for the Finals, good stuff. This hearkens back to the 70s when men were men and the game was played tooth and nail. If The Freak can return, I say it goes 7. If he's truly too injured to go, and if the Suns are really ready to blitzkrieg all comers, it's theirs to lose. I love seeing CP3 guide a squad of younger players to the pinnacle. Most of the country will be pulling for Mr. State Farm commercial. He deserves this moment. Meanwhile, Kris Middleton is laying a foundation of greatness to his name. The Bucks are deep. Trae Young got to show what he's capable of. Even PG13 had his moments. This has been a good year for the NBA.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:11 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Ok but really who the fuck is Ben Coleman?? I'm not gonna Google it, I'd rather read it from you here :waaaaa:

Thrilling extras battle here in Oakland tonight between the Bean Eaters and Schwangin' A's . . watch the highlights, pure baseball greatness. My neighborhood is in full fireworks mode - I live around so many Asians and Mexicans :grouphug: that 4th of July is literally an all-year thing. Black folks just BBQ and maybe fire off a few rounds from the glock :minigun: :lol: I usually get my own cakes but this year I'm just going to relax and enjoy the fun.

As for the Finals, good stuff. This hearkens back to the 70s when men were men and the game was played tooth and nail. If The Freak can return, I say it goes 7. If he's truly too injured to go, and if the Suns are really ready to blitzkrieg all comers, it's theirs to lose. I love seeing CP3 guide a squad of younger players to the pinnacle. Most of the country will be pulling for Mr. State Farm commercial. He deserves this moment. Meanwhile, Kris Middleton is laying a foundation of greatness to his name. The Bucks are deep. Trae Young got to show what he's capable of. Even PG13 had his moments. This has been a good year for the NBA.

Happy 4th Rev and to everyone else in here! Ben Coleman was an African American Center that played for the university of Maryland during the 80's and he got drafted by the Bulls. He played for the Nets for a couple of years during the late 80's. He didn't do much as a pro but did get drafted and played several years. He recently passed away in 2019 (RIP). I am sure Ken knew who he was as he knows the history of the NBA like the back of his hand.

I am just cooking out some Brats and having a few strong beers today enjoying my time off. I don't go back into work until Tuesday night. Rev you speak of Mexicans. Where I work at there are several really good looking women that are Mexican, I have one that flirts with me all the time :roflmao: , being in Security I am not supposed to get personal with anyone but I am thinking about asking her out. She is in her late 30's and very petite with long dark hair. Very gorgeous, it is time for ol' Mikey to explore the wildside for once. It has been a while since I have been with anyone.

Regarding Bucks/Suns, if Giannis is at 80% or better I like the Bucks to win this series but the Suns have been red hot since the playoffs started. This may be CP3's year?? I really don't care who wins, I don't dislike either team. I am just glad the Clippers and Nets are out.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:26 pm

3Peat, there are few things in life sweeter than a woman's touch. I'm coming off a divorce and dating a new lady, we're having fun and taking it slow. My capacity for "love" is not what it was, my marriage kinda took a lot out of me emotionally. And who knows what Ken is doing -- last he said he made his GF break up with him, but we know Ken is a playa from the Himalaya :willie: so he can pick and choose his targets :minigun: . We've both been through some trying times and his tolerance for female drama may just be as low as mine.

As for your situation, hey -- live life to the fullest and enjoy any situation in which somebody is trying to show you love. The Finals begin, and truly I'm pulling for Phoenix since they're the team that sent us home.
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk