2021 NBA Playoff Thread

Re: 2021 NBA Playoff Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:11 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Grizzlies take out Warriors in OT, wow! Steph will be at home for the playoffs. The playoffs are set as in the East the Wizards clobbered the Pacers last night to capture the 8th seed.

West matchups:

#1 Jazz vs #8 Grizzlies - My prediction, Jazz in 5
#4 Clippers vs #5 Mavs - My prediction, Clippers in 7

#2 Suns vs #7 Lakers - My prediction, "PAIN" - Clubber Lang lol. Lakers in 6
#3 Nuggets vs #6 Blazers - My prediction, I am rolling with Dame, Blazers in 7

East matchups:

#1 Sixers vs #8 Wizards - My prediction, Sixers in 6
#4 Knicks vs #5 Hawks - My prediction, Knicks in 7

#2 Nets vs #7 Celtics - My prediction, Nets in 5
#3 Bucks vs #6 Heat - My prediction, Bucks in 7

Jazz in 5 - I nailed it
Sixers in 6 - didn't nail it but got the winner right, I had Sixers advancing
Nets in 5 - I nailed it
Bucks in 7 - didn't nail it but got the winner right, I had Bucks advancing

Ok at worse at picking winners of each series I will be 50%.

Knicks in 7 - I was wrong, Hawks beat them in 5
Clippers in 7 - as of now I am down 3-2 to the Mavs
Blazers in 7 - as of now I am down 3-2 to the Nuggets
Lakers in 6 - as of now I am down 3-2 to the Suns

If I end up 50% in picking series winners that is actually par for the course for most people. To my defense I fully believe if AD was 100%, the Lakers would've won 6 but injuries are a part of it. All 3 the Clippers, Blazers, and Lakers could still win their series though, we will see. The Knicks series really surprised me, I did not see them losing in 5 with HCA. Hawks are a better team than I thought.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:35 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:If we do lose to the Suns I will still watch, I just love basketball. It will suck not having the Lakers around and the Pacers stunk this year but I will still watch. I will root for the Jazz at that point. I have never been a Jazz fan but have always respected that organization. They have never won a Championship either. They have almost always stayed very good since the Stockton and Malone era. When they had Stockton and Malone back in the 80's and throughout the 90's, they were very good and great sometimes. Mark Eaton was a likeable dude as well. Now with Mitchell and Gobert they are a likeable team and I hate the Clippers and Nets, just not a fan of PG or James Harden.

Go Jazz now! I really don't care who wins it all now as I can watch with no stress but if I had to choose 1 team to root for, it would be the Jazz at this point. I almost had them coming out of the West to begin with but I didn't want to believe the Lakers could actually lose.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:33 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Grizzlies take out Warriors in OT, wow! Steph will be at home for the playoffs. The playoffs are set as in the East the Wizards clobbered the Pacers last night to capture the 8th seed.

West matchups:

East matchups:

Jazz in 5 - I nailed it
Nets in 5 - I nailed it

Clippers in 7 - as of now I am down 3-2 to the Mavs
Blazers in 7 - as of now I am down 3-2 to the Nuggets
Lakers in 6 - as of now I am down 3-2 to the Suns

If I end up 50% in picking series winners that is actually par for the course for most people. To my defense I fully believe if AD was 100%, the Lakers would've won 6 but injuries are a part of it. All 3 the Clippers, Blazers, and Lakers could still win their series though, we will see. The Knicks series really surprised me, I did not see them losing in 5 with HCA. Hawks are a better team than I thought.

updated: Lakers in 6 - I was wrong, Suns beat them in 6
Blazers in 7 - I was wrong, Nuggets beat them in 6
-So far I am 4-3 in picking series. I had Clippers in 7, they play the Mavs tomorrow.

-Round 2 starts tonight:
#2 Nets vs #3 Bucks - I have Nets in 7, I think this is going 7.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:00 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:

West matchups:

East matchups:

Jazz in 5 - I nailed it
Nets in 5 - I nailed it

Clippers in 7 - as of now series is tied 3-3
Blazers in 7 - I was wrong, Nuggets beat them in 6
Lakers in 6 - I was wrong, Suns beat them in 6

If I end up 50% in picking series winners that is actually par for the course for most people. To my defense I fully believe if AD was 100%, the Lakers would've won in 6 but injuries are a part of it. The Clippers could still win their series though, we will see. The Knicks series really surprised me, I did not see them losing in 5 with HCA. Hawks are a better team than I thought.

Semi-Finals West matchups:

#1 Jazz vs either Clippers or Mavs, I look at the Clippers and Mavs as even, so I think Jazz beat either in 6.
#2 Suns vs #3 Nuggets - My prediction, Suns in 7

East matchups:

#2 Nets vs #3 Bucks - My prediction, Nets in 7
#1 Sixers vs #5 Hawks - My prediction, Sixers 7
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Clippers won, I had them winning in 7 before the series started. Hats off to them. I was 5-3 in picking 1st round series, pretty good accuracy = 62.5% winnings. I would've made money in Vegas had I just bet on who would win every series. I know a lot about basketball so I am not afraid to put my predictions out there :rthup: . The series I got right were =

West
Jazz over Grizzlies - I had it in 5 (nailed it)
Clippers over Mavs - I had it in 7 (nailed it)

East
Sixers over Wizards - I had it in 6 (they won in 5)
Nets over Celtics - I had it in 5 (nailed it)
Bucks over Heat - I had it in 7 (they swept 4-0)

-I was really shocked that the Hawks beat the Knicks so easily, I got that series wrong. I also had the Blazers beating the Nuggets but the Nuggets won in 6. Last but not least I had the Lakers over Suns but Suns won in 6. To my defense I truly believe had AD been 100% healthy, the Lakers would've won that in 6. They were up 2-1 when he got injured.

Semi-Finals I have:

West
Jazz over Clippers - I will say in 6, to me the Jazz are the 1 team that usually takes care of their HC, if they go up 2-0 they will roll.
Suns over Nuggets - I will say in 7

East
Sixers over Hawks - I will say in 7 , my pick was in before the game today, Sixers actually lost today!
Nets over Bucks - I will say in 7, my pick was in before the game yesterday. Nets did win, up 1-0.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 pm

Clippers up by 13 at Half, 60-47 no problem for the Jazz! Donovan Mitchell outscored Leonard and George combined with his 45 Points. Gobert 10 Points, 12 Rebounds, and 3 Blocks + a key block at the end. All these talking heads on ESPN and TNT picking the Clippers is hilarious. Jazz get no respect because they are a small market team. They are clearly the better team than the Clippers. Jazz aren't the Mavs, if they go up 2-0 with HCA this series is over and I am 99% confident in saying that. I actually have a 50 dollar bet on the Jazz to win this series. The Jazz didn't even have Mike Conley and they still won. Jazz up 1-0 in series.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:04 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Clippers up by 13 at Half, 60-47 no problem for the Jazz! Donovan Mitchell outscored Leonard and George combined with his 45 Points. Gobert 10 Points, 12 Rebounds, and 3 Blocks + a key block at the end. All these talking heads on ESPN and TNT picking the Clippers is hilarious. Jazz get no respect because they are a small market team. They are clearly the better team than the Clippers. Jazz aren't the Mavs, if they go up 2-0 with HCA this series is over and I am 99% confident in saying that. I actually have a 50 dollar bet on the Jazz to win this series. The Jazz didn't even have Mike Conley and they still won. Jazz up 1-0 in series.

Jazz win again, up 2-0 in the series. Jazz aren't losing to that choking team. When Mitchell plays, the Jazz are now 28-1 at home this season :beavis: . This team is going to make me some money. I have a guy at work that says the Suns will go to the Finals and easily, that the Jazz are overrated. We will see. By the way Mike Conley didn't even play again and the Jazz still won!

In other news, the Nets are beatable. Bucks take them out tonight and get back in the series only down 2-1. When you lose the 1st 2 games of any series, you almost always have to win the next 2 to have a chance. Falling down 2-0 sucks. I hope the Bucks win Game 4 for shits and giggles.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Clippers up by 13 at Half, 60-47 no problem for the Jazz! Donovan Mitchell outscored Leonard and George combined with his 45 Points. Gobert 10 Points, 12 Rebounds, and 3 Blocks + a key block at the end. All these talking heads on ESPN and TNT picking the Clippers is hilarious. Jazz get no respect because they are a small market team. They are clearly the better team than the Clippers. Jazz aren't the Mavs, if they go up 2-0 with HCA this series is over and I am 99% confident in saying that. I actually have a 50 dollar bet on the Jazz to win this series. The Jazz didn't even have Mike Conley and they still won. Jazz up 1-0 in series.

Jazz win again, up 2-0 in the series. Jazz aren't losing to that choking team. When Mitchell plays, the Jazz are now 28-1 at home this season :beavis: . This team is going to make me some money. I have a guy at work that says the Suns will go to the Finals and easily, that the Jazz are overrated. We will see. By the way Mike Conley didn't even play again and the Jazz still won!

In other news, the Nets are beatable. Bucks take them out tonight and get back in the series only down 2-1. When you lose the 1st 2 games of any series, you almost always have to win the next 2 to have a chance. Falling down 2-0 sucks. I hope the Bucks win Game 4 for shits and giggles.

Conley has been a very good player his whole career, he isn't CP3, CP3 is great and a Hall of Famer IMO but Conley is CP3 Lite. With him 100% healthy the Jazz would probably beat the Clippers in 5. Conley averaged 16 Points and 6 Assists a game + shot 41% from 3. This what the guy I work with doesn't even factor in and many don't. Jazz will beat them without Mike Conley but it may take 6 or 7. We would've beat the Suns had AD not got injured, we were up 2-1 and Game 4 was close when AD went down. The only team that scared me out West was the Jazz if we were 100% healthy. Jazz will take care of the Suns too. As good as Booker is he will meet his match when he goes up against Mitchell. Beating the Nets is a whole different story, I have the Nets coming out of the East. I am hoping the Bucks can wear them down a bit because I would love to see the Nets fall.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:44 pm

Clippers and Jazz are now 2-2 but it doesn't surprise me with Mike Conley being out. Jazz will win Game 5 being back at home even if Conley doesn't play, I am still not worried. I had a feeling the Clippers may win both their home games, no bigge.

Nets are in trouble, Bucks and Nets are at 2-2 as well but the Nets will be without Harden and Irving for Game 5 - both injured. Unless Durant pulls a Kobe and scores like 50 points, I see them losing Game 5 and probably the series. Not having depth may come back to bite them in the ass. I hope the Bucks win this series to show trying to buy a championship doesn't always work.

When it comes to the Suns, MEH - still not impressed. They beat us because AD got injured, we were up 2-1 and had the momentum before that happened. Then they swept the Nuggets who didn't have Jamal Murray, Murray is an automatic 20 point scorer so eventually it was going to catch up to the Nuggets not having him. Jokic can only do so much, congrats to him on winning League MVP.

Sixers and Hawks has me intrigued. Embiid is out there limping around, he isn't near 100% and the Hawks took them out tonight to even the series at 2-2. Young looks like a younger version of Steph Curry running around out there and shooting the deep 3's! Ben Simmons is the type of player that pisses me off, guy has all the talent in the world. He has Magic Johnson handles, great passer, can score going to the hoop easy at times, and is a 6'10 freak of nature but the dude can't shoot. I would've gave anything to be 6'10, I never played college or pro ball but I always could shoot with the best of them. Hardly nobody could ever beat me at HORSE back in the day and routinely when I played every day as a teen and into my early 20's I would always make around 85-100 FT's when shooting 100 daily. Why some of these players can't make FT's is mindboggling, maybe it is mental??
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:42 am

Harden did play but stunk. I called it, I said Durant would have to pull a Kobe and score 50 for the Nets to win and there it was. Ok he only scored 49 :waaaaa: . Nets 2021 World Champions, here it comes. I still think Utah wins the West but Conley needs to get healthy.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:08 pm

Hey when I am wrong, I still show up and say so lol. Jazz lost at home tonight for only the 2nd time with Mitchell in the lineup this season. Kind of a strange game if you ask me if someone was betting money on this game. Leonard was out so I am sure about 90% of people bet on the Jazz to win, this is how Vegas makes it money :roflmao: . It was a flukey win by the Clippers as well because their role players played like Super Stars tonight, I followed the game here at work and it was almost comical. Marcus Morris scored 25 points and was 3-4 from 3, Reggie Jackson scored 22 points and also hit 3 3's, Terrance Mann even scored 13 points and hit a huge 3 in the 4th Qtr :roflmao: , that shit will never happen again. Hats off to the former Pacer PG though, he scored 37 Points and had 16 Rebounds - he played like a Super Star tonight. Series still not over with Leonard being questionable for Game 6. The Clippers got their win at Utah so they better close it out in Game 6, if not the Jazz will regain momentum and HCA for Game 7.

Sixers lost as well, 2 shockers tonight! Hawks are for real folks up 3-2 now.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:14 am

I know that LeBron changing his number back to 6 and tweeting about injuries is his way of staying relevant, but he's making strong statements. Maybe this new influx of talent just isn't built like the NBA stars we grew up on. And hopefully all the downtime will bring out the best in our squad as it did last year. Clearly there will be moves made - Harrell and a couple others may be gone - but with a healthy LeBron and AD we have the nucleus to compete for a title. Another brilliant All-Star guard might not hurt . . Rob better be tinkering at a high level because us Laker fans are not patient, especially when we have two of the best players in the league.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:09 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I know that LeBron changing his number back to 6 and tweeting about injuries is his way of staying relevant, but he's making strong statements. Maybe this new influx of talent just isn't built like the NBA stars we grew up on. And hopefully all the downtime will bring out the best in our squad as it did last year. Clearly there will be moves made - Harrell and a couple others may be gone - but with a healthy LeBron and AD we have the nucleus to compete for a title. Another brilliant All-Star guard might not hurt . . Rob better be tinkering at a high level because us Laker fans are not patient, especially when we have two of the best players in the league.

I think I am taking the loss a lot better than you guys and I love the Lakers you guys know that. They are my favorite sports team to root for and have been since Kareem joined them in the 70's. It sucks losing but 2 things have me at ease, #1 we won the Championship last year so we are tied with Boston with 17 now. They don't have the most anymore, everyone declares the Lakers as the greatest franchise ever based on Championships + Finals appearances combined. #2 we weren't near 100% healthy, really wasn't all season - that is why we lost. When AD went out that was a major blow, had AD been at 100% we would've beat the Suns. We were up 2-1 when that happened. I still am watching basketball because I love the game. Bucks forced a Game 7 tonight as they beat the Nets. Great stuff, Go Bucks in that series.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:01 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:I know that LeBron changing his number back to 6 and tweeting about injuries is his way of staying relevant, but he's making strong statements. Maybe this new influx of talent just isn't built like the NBA stars we grew up on. And hopefully all the downtime will bring out the best in our squad as it did last year. Clearly there will be moves made - Harrell and a couple others may be gone - but with a healthy LeBron and AD we have the nucleus to compete for a title. Another brilliant All-Star guard might not hurt . . Rob better be tinkering at a high level because us Laker fans are not patient, especially when we have two of the best players in the league.

I think I am taking the loss a lot better than you guys and I love the Lakers you guys know that. They are my favorite sports team to root for and have been since Kareem joined them in the 70's. It sucks losing but 2 things have me at ease, #1 we won the Championship last year so we are tied with Boston with 17 now. They don't have the most anymore, everyone declares the Lakers as the greatest franchise ever based on Championships + Finals appearances combined. #2 we weren't near 100% healthy, really wasn't all season - that is why we lost. When AD went out that was a major blow, had AD been at 100% we would've beat the Suns. We were up 2-1 when that happened. I still am watching basketball because I love the game. Bucks forced a Game 7 tonight as they beat the Nets. Great stuff, Go Bucks in that series.

As Kyrie, Harden, Kawhi and other big names are dropping like flies (not gonna mention CP3's mysterious situation), this year's NBA playoffs is quickly turning into a shitshow - which actually works as a panacea (look it up) for the Lakers. We'll make a big trade or two and be right back in the thick of Championship contention. Coach Nash and his Lonely Hearts Club Band seem to have been bitten by Karma, and of course I wanted to see CP take his squad as far as it could go but alas the madness and mayhem has resulted in freaking PG13 having his best game ever when his team needs him most.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:39 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

As Kyrie, Harden, Kawhi and other big names are dropping like flies (not gonna mention CP3's mysterious situation), this year's NBA playoffs is quickly turning into a shitshow - which actually works as a panacea (look it up) for the Lakers. We'll make a big trade or two and be right back in the thick of Championship contention. Coach Nash and his Lonely Hearts Club Band seem to have been bitten by Karma, and of course I wanted to see CP take his squad as far as it could go but alas the madness and mayhem has resulted in freaking PG13 having his best game ever when his team needs him most.

LeBron's age worries me but if we tweak our roster a bit we will have as good as chance as anyone next season to win it all. We should've brought Howard back, his defense was sorely missed. Gasol was bad. Obviously health is a huge factor, can AD stay healthy? He did in 2020 and we won the Championship. I am still watching basketball because I am a fan of the sport and when it's gone I will miss it. Thank God I do have baseball to follow though and the Cubs are good, many don't care for baseball so they don't have that luxury to fall back on. You, Ken, and I love baseball.

Regarding PG13 he stuck it to Utah the other night but Utah deserved to lose that game in reality. They let Marcus Morris and Reggie Jackson burn them all night, those 2 dude's looked like SuperStars. Utah's defense has been disappointing in that series, I thought their D was much better than they have shown. Utah plays a lot like the Suns as they literally live or die by the 3.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk