2021 NBA Playoff Thread

Re: 2021 NBA Playoff Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:59 am

lakerevolution wrote:3Peat, there are few things in life sweeter than a woman's touch. I'm coming off a divorce and dating a new lady, we're having fun and taking it slow. My capacity for "love" is not what it was, my marriage kinda took a lot out of me emotionally. And who knows what Ken is doing -- last he said he made his GF break up with him, but we know Ken is a playa from the Himalaya :willie: so he can pick and choose his targets :minigun: . We've both been through some trying times and his tolerance for female drama may just be as low as mine.

As for your situation, hey -- live life to the fullest and enjoy any situation in which somebody is trying to show you love. The Finals begin, and truly I'm pulling for Phoenix since they're the team that sent us home.

Yeah I am going to ask her out when I go back to work on Tuesday. I have a few women there that I can tell like me but this in particular one likes to have fun with me when she's leaving the building, like playing jokes on me, etc.. She even brings me in food sometimes. I like being single but being lonely at times sucks. Sorry to hear about your divorce Rev, I had no idea you were going through that. I have had so many friends get married and even have kids then it rarely works. Probably one reason why I have stayed single forever. As far as Ken goes, he's a playa, awesome cool guy, and great attorney, he has plenty of different picks I am sure :roflmao: . When it comes to the Finals, I just want to see it go 7. At this moment I don't have a dawg in the fight and no bets so far.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:09 pm

Just read a sweet article in ESPN about the Finals going back by five year increments. 2021, 2016, 2011, 2006, 2001, 1996, 1991, 1986 etc.

Here's an excerpt from 1986:

The Houston Rockets finished the season 40-42, but behind the power of Moses Malone, they made the shocking run to the Finals, the last team to make it that far with a losing record. They did it by beating the defending champion Lakers in the opening round, but, in part, were helped by the best-of-three opening-round format. They beat George Gervin and the Spurs in seven games in the second round, which set up the bizarre scenario of playing the Kansas City Kings, who also had a losing record.

That set up a David vs. Goliath matchup in the Finals against the Celtics, who had the best record in the league. With their Big Three -- Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish -- the Celtics were overwhelming favorites. But after four games, the Rockets looked like they belonged, taking a 2-2 split into Game 5. Malone was feeling himself a little, talking some smack after Game 4, saying, "Boston ain't that good," and "I could get four guys off the street in Petersburg (Virginia, Malone's hometown) and beat them."

The Celtics won Game 5 by 29, then got a few clutch buckets from Bird in Game 6 to win by 11, giving Boston its 14th title and Bird his first.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:34 am

The Suns are who I thought they were heading into our series with them. Chris Paul is healthy and thriving and living in his moment. Only another injury to him or Booker can stop them now, the Bucks look like 1 Buck instead of 5 bucks and you can't even buy a loaf of bread or 10 miles worth of gas for that :roflmao: .

There's a phony Oladipo-to-the-Lakers rumor out there, but who knows. Even with a repaired quad he could be a great addition to LeBron and AD. I still believe that healthy and with a couple more additions we are capable of being the best in the West. I don't see CP3 leading his team to any back-to-backs, but it's nice to see a little non-Warriors action. Next season is going to be quite interesting.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Bucks have figured the Suns out and beating them in Milwaukee will be a huge task with that crowd. The Bucks have the best player in this series, Giannis is an absolute FREAK! He is dominating and even hitting FT's. They can't even foul him because he is hitting FT's :roflmao: .CP3's Suns better win Game 4 because whoever wins Game 4 is winning this series. If Bucks get this to 2-2 it's over, watch and see. They beat Durant and Harden after getting it to 2-2 being down 0-2. I will take Giannis all day if it comes down to the best of 3. Game 4 is the huge key now. CP3, is it your time finally or will you choke again??

When it comes to Game 4, Booker and CP3 need to play the best games of their career. We will see if CP3 is worthy of top 5 Point Guard of all-time consideration once this is said and done.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:41 am

Despite the playoff failures during his career, I think CP3 is still going to be considered a top-5 or at least top-6 PG all-time because of his stats and endurance. He and Devin had an off-night in game 3, but Chris is getting his shots and looking good out there. If he can play healthy two more years, I think the Suns have a great window - Devin and DeAndre will improve with experience. DeAndre is going to be a FORCE in the league, he just needs to work on all his skills and be smart about how to stay out of foul trouble.

I had a rare opportunity to sit and watch a whole game yesterday, and I'm glad the Bucks gave their home crowd something to cheer about. Giannis was huge, and when he started swishing those FTs it was like a dagger in the back of the Suns. The Bucks need to win in Phoenix, though.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:10 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Despite the playoff failures during his career, I think CP3 is still going to be considered a top-5 or at least top-6 PG all-time because of his stats and endurance. He and Devin had an off-night in game 3, but Chris is getting his shots and looking good out there. If he can play healthy two more years, I think the Suns have a great window - Devin and DeAndre will improve with experience. DeAndre is going to be a FORCE in the league, he just needs to work on all his skills and be smart about how to stay out of foul trouble.

I had a rare opportunity to sit and watch a whole game yesterday, and I'm glad the Bucks gave their home crowd something to cheer about. Giannis was huge, and when he started swishing those FTs it was like a dagger in the back of the Suns. The Bucks need to win in Phoenix, though.

CP3 is no doubt a special player and Point Guard. He is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. Just thinking about it though even if he wins a Championship putting him in the Top 5 is still dicey. Out of these Point Guards was he better than:
Magic - IMO, no
Oscar - IMO, no
Isiah - IMO, no
Steph - IMO, no
or even Stockton who never won a ring? Stockton is in the Top 5 solidly just based on he is the all-time Assists and Steals leader by a mile, it isn't even close. Stockton also did make the Finals twice, he just didn't get a ring because Jordan's Bulls were there. So he has won a lot too.

I guess one could say Steph is more like a SG but he has played PG his whole career. He just happens to be the greatest shooter of all-time that plays Point lol. I consider Logo a SG and most do but he played a lot of PG as well.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:25 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Despite the playoff failures during his career, I think CP3 is still going to be considered a top-5 or at least top-6 PG all-time because of his stats and endurance. He and Devin had an off-night in game 3, but Chris is getting his shots and looking good out there. If he can play healthy two more years, I think the Suns have a great window - Devin and DeAndre will improve with experience. DeAndre is going to be a FORCE in the league, he just needs to work on all his skills and be smart about how to stay out of foul trouble.

CP3 is no doubt a special player and Point Guard. He is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. Just thinking about it though even if he wins a Championship putting him in the Top 5 is still dicey. Out of these Point Guards was he better than:
Magic - IMO, no
Oscar - IMO, no
Isiah - IMO, no
Steph - IMO, no
or even Stockton who never won a ring? Stockton is in the Top 5 solidly just based on he is the all-time Assists and Steals leader by a mile, it isn't even close. Stockton also did make the Finals twice, he just didn't get a ring because Jordan's Bulls were there. So he has won a lot too.

I guess one could say Steph is more like a SG but he has played PG his whole career. He just happens to be the greatest shooter of all-time that plays Point lol. I consider Logo a SG and most do but he played a lot of PG as well.

I can't wait for Game 4. To me that is the momentum swing game, not Game 5 because I think if the Bucks win Game 4 it is going 7 anyway and Bucks win in 7 because Giannis will just take over IMO. If the Suns win Game 4, CP3 isn't blowing it this time. I say Suns in 5 at that point. That is how critical Game 4 is. If the Bucks get it 2-2 they know they can play crap in Game 5 because they have Game 6 at home. Then in Game 7 it is always 50/50.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:31 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:

Magic - IMO, no
Oscar - IMO, no
Isiah - IMO, no
Steph - IMO, no

Yes, there have been a few HOF PGs with more SG skills than others, which muddles the conversation a little about how a PG should be judged. I really believe the only true way to rank players from the 1950s through the early 1970s is to keep them in their own category, because despite huge statistical numbers, games won and rings, the competition and format of professional basketball was on such a smaller scale. It's honestly not fair to today's legends, who have had to increasingly play against the toughest and most diverse competition ever. Imagine what a Tony Parker or Manu Ginobli could do in the NBA of the 1960s - they'd have been much more than glorified role players for Tim Duncan, that's for sure. Ahh, the debate will go on forever. CP3 better not have a repeat of Game 3, however - his legacy is definitely on the line in this Finals.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:17 pm

I pretty much called this one. IMO like I said the Bucks figured the Suns out after Game 3. If Middleton plays like that the rest of the series this is definitely over. When you have 2 guys that can dominate inside like the Bucks have that is tough to overcome. Giannis and Lopez both can do whatever they what. The only way to offset that is hit a bunch of 3's at a high rate. Over a 7 game series that is tough to do, you may have 2 or even 3 games where you are hitting everything but you can easily die by the 3. The Suns and Bucks both only hit 7 3's tonight a piece, Suns have to hit at least 10 a game to beat this team.

Series is at 2-2 now. Suns will probably take Game 5, they have too or this will be Bucks in 6.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:35 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I pretty much called this one. IMO like I said the Bucks figured the Suns out after Game 3. If Middleton plays like that the rest of the series this is definitely over. When you have 2 guys that can dominate inside like the Bucks have that is tough to overcome. Giannis and Lopez both can do whatever they what. The only way to offset that is hit a bunch of 3's at a high rate. Over a 7 game series that is tough to do, you may have 2 or even 3 games where you are hitting everything but you can easily die by the 3. The Suns and Bucks both only hit 7 3's tonight a piece, Suns have to hit at least 10 a game to beat this team.

Series is at 2-2 now. Suns will probably take Game 5, they have too or this will be Bucks in 6.

Bucks! :waaaaa: CP3 needs to find some new insurance :rofl4:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:52 am

Really good game . . but the Bucks are exposing the Suns. Many of us underestimated them. Credit to Boots & Holsters, or Lederhozen, or however you say his name :waaaaa: , he has weathered an 0-2 Finals start and now holds the keys to the Throne. You see how LeBron was front and center watching how the best in the league play - he's silently plotting on how to get back to the Finals.

Best quote from Jrue on that turning-point lob: "They don't call him The Freak for nothing."
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:05 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Really good game . . but the Bucks are exposing the Suns. Many of us underestimated them. Credit to Boots & Holsters, or Lederhozen, or however you say his name :waaaaa: , he has weathered an 0-2 Finals start and now holds the keys to the Throne. You see how LeBron was front and center watching how the best in the league play - he's silently plotting on how to get back to the Finals.

Best quote from Jrue on that turning-point lob: "They don't call him The Freak for nothing."

I call him Bull'en'Dozer :waaaaa: . Series still isn't over but losing a 16 point lead is bad for the Suns. You need to take care of business at home, they didn't. Lets see if the Bucks do? Never know, the Suns might go into Deer city and steal one back??
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:57 pm

Yeah I nailed this one, I said whoever wins Game 4 will win the series. I just felt like the Bucks had them figured out after Game 3. They were to big inside and if the Suns didn't hit a lot of 3's they had no chance. Suns struggled tonight from 3. Chris Paul will go down as one of those great players that didn't win a ring along with Stockton and Malone, Barkley, Miller, and Ewing. It just isn't in the cards for some guys to win a ring. You can be a great player but if you are not on the right team with the right circumstances it is easy to go ringless. Giannis is young and already has a complete resume with 2 League MVP's, a Finals MVP and a ring. Dude had 50 points and 14 rebounds, and 5 blocks in a closing game. That is the stuff legends are made of.

Congrats to the Bucks, World Champions!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:25 am

Forget Taco Tuesday, how about Gyro Tuesday Greek style with lots of lamb and kalamata olives :threadjacked:

50 points in a closeout title game is epic. Giannis just had his greatest moment.

Ok back to the Lakers. We have lots to do to be in contention. No more ten year droughts.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:28 am

lakerevolution wrote:Forget Taco Tuesday, how about Gyro Tuesday Greek style with lots of lamb and kalamata olives :threadjacked:

50 points in a closeout title game is epic. Giannis just had his greatest moment.

Ok back to the Lakers. We have lots to do to be in contention. No more ten year droughts.

I know it is about winning Championships with our Lakers Rev and we have 17 of them :kingclaphands: 12 in LA. I know this is not want people want to hear but I think we accomplished all we are going to in the LeBron era as far as reaching the mountain top. LeBron was good for 1 championship in LA. I just don't see another one. He delivered the 1 (the 1 we needed badly to tie Boston) and it was a huge one because it tied us with Boston for the most ever. Age is catching up to LeBron and although I think AD is a great player, he has a track record of being injured a lot. I don't trust it from here on out. IMO if Durant, Harden, and Irving are healthy who is beating the Nets? As of now I am not even sure we can beat teams like the Suns if CP3 stays or Jazz? Bucks are better than us too, they just won it all.

3 things need to happen for the Lakers if they have a chance to get 1 more with LeBron:
1. LeBron be 100% entering the playoffs and stay that way.

2. AD be 100% entering the playoffs and stay that way.

3. Get the right role players. We should've never let Howard and McGee go, why fix something when it isn't broken?? Rob has his work cut out for him. The Bucks GM (Jon Horst) has been masterful over the last few years. Hiring BullDozer and adding Holiday and Tucker was the perfect moves to help Giannis and Middleton out.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk