Game 70: 05/12/21 Rockets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 70: 05/12/21 Rockets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:38 am

(16-53) ROCKETS AT LAKERS (38-31)

Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: John Goble (#30), Curtis Blair (#74), Eric Dalen (#37)

Replay Center: Gediminas Petraitis, Evan Scott

Line: Lakers -14
O/U: 222.5

National TV: NBA League Pass only
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: ROCKETS AT LAKERS: The Return of The King

by Harrison Faigen, @hmfaigen, silverscreenandroll.com

LeBron James was originally heavily rumored to return when the Lakers hosted the New York Knicks on Tuesday, but word leaked out a few hours before the game that he would instead target their final home game of the regular season for his re-debut: Wednesday night against the Houston Rockets, when Los Angeles will unveil its 2020 championship banner in front of fans at Staples Center.

I would say that the Rockets offer James a good to re-adjust to NBA basketball, but they’re not really an NBA team, so that’s not entirely accurate. Houston has a problem, and it’s that they suck. The Rockets have lost 16 of their last 18 games heading into their final game of the season in Los Angeles, which actually qualifies as improvement for a team that at one point lost 20 games in a row this season, have posted the fourth-worst offensive and defensive efficiency marks in the NBA, and have the worst worst record in the entire league (16-53).

As the Lakers saw when they lost to the Sacramento Kings and Toronto Raptors in James’ first two games back before returning to the sidelines with continuing ankle soreness, nothing is guaranteed when a team is reintroducing such a big piece back into their lineup. Still, the Rockets are so terrible that any growing pains likely shouldn’t matter, even if the Lakers will be on the second night of a back-to-back.

In short, the Rockets offer the Lakers an opportunity to help re-acclimate their star and end their home slate on a high note. We’ll see if they seize the opportunity to do both when these two teams tip off at 7:30 p.m. PT at Staples Center on Wednesday.

Notes and Updates

- The Lakers have yet to put out their injury report for Wednesday’s game, but Anthony Davis was experiencing some groin tightness in Tuesday's game and may be in doubt for this one.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/202 ... mes-return
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 70: 05/12/21 Rockets at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Wed May 12, 2021 8:44 pm

No Bron no AD. Just trying to keep us pulling our hair out!! :pullhair: *sidenote I stay baldheaded like my doppelganger Robert Sacre* :rollyellow:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:58 pm

lakerevolution wrote:No Bron no AD. Just trying to keep us pulling our hair out!! :pullhair: *sidenote I stay baldheaded like my doppelganger Robert Sacre* :rollyellow:

I always keep my hair short as well lol. I usually get a no guard once a month when my hair starts growing a little. Yeah nice win tonight being such shorthanded. Utah didn't do us any favors, the Blazers beat them tonight so it basically just comes down to the final 2 games of whether or not we end up in the playin tournament. The 2 scenarios that would keep us out of the playin tournament are:

Either the Blazers lose their last 2 games or the Mavs do as well. We have to win our last 2 no matter what. The Blazers still play at Phoenix and play Denver, we finish with at Indiana and at New Orleans. The Blazers could lose their last 2 and we could win our last 2. The Mavs have a cake walk, they play Toronto and at Minnesota.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu May 13, 2021 12:14 am

Lakers: Los Angeles scored a franchise-record 86 points in the paint, breaking the old mark of 82, which was set against Houston in 2017. It is also the third-highest single-game total in the paint in the league this season. ... Markieff Morris got the start in place of Davis and finished with 14 points. ... Alfonzo McKinnie, who had not played in two of the past three games, had 10 points.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:25 am

lakerevolution wrote:Lakers: Los Angeles scored a franchise-record 86 points in the paint, breaking the old mark of 82, which was set against Houston in 2017. It is also the third-highest single-game total in the paint in the league this season. ... Markieff Morris got the start in place of Davis and finished with 14 points. ... Alfonzo McKinnie, who had not played in two of the past three games, had 10 points.

An embarrassing performance despite the W. As long as it's just the three of us posting in here, we should call ourselves the Bald TrueFans Mamba Trio! "lol4:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:05 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Lakers: Los Angeles scored a franchise-record 86 points in the paint, breaking the old mark of 82, which was set against Houston in 2017. It is also the third-highest single-game total in the paint in the league this season. ... Markieff Morris got the start in place of Davis and finished with 14 points. ... Alfonzo McKinnie, who had not played in two of the past three games, had 10 points.

An embarrassing performance despite the W. As long as it's just the three of us posting in here, we should call ourselves the Bald TrueFans Mamba Trio! "lol4:

"lol4: , bald is sexy Kenny :roflmao: . Our defense was lousy but hey a win is a win.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk