Game 63: 04/30/21 Queens at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 63: 04/30/21 Queens at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:16 am

(25-37) QUEENS AT LAKERS (36-26)

Friday, April 30, 2021, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Josh Tiven (#58), Derrick Collins (#11), Nate Green (#65)

Replay Center: Mark Lindsay, Simone Jelks, Jenna Schroeder

Line: Lakers -8
O/U: 224

National TV: NBA TV
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: QUEENS AT LAKERS: Zero margin for error

by Christian Rivas, @RadRivas, silverscreenandroll.com

The Los Angeles Lakers knew how important their last two games were; Anthony Davis even went as far as to say they were “must-win” games on Saturday. But those words and feelings didn’t have any impact on their performance against the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, at least not in a positive way.

Now, every game is a must-win for the Lakers, because they only have a one-game advantage over the No. 6 seed Dallas Mavericks. That’s not to mention the Portland Trail Blazers, who are only just behind the Mavericks.

The Lakers have the talent to finish the season strong, even with LeBron James out of the equation, but their talent hasn’t been enough for them as of late. Their loss to the Wizards on Wednesday marked their fourth loss in five games. Their three previous losses were to the Dallas Mavericks and Utah Jazz.

Obviously the Lakers are going to lose games sometimes, but defeats like Wednesday’s are ones they can’t afford with where they are in the standings. The same can be said about their upcoming matchup with the Sacramento Kings on Friday.

The Kings are in the midst of one of the worst defensive seasons in NBA history. Through 62 games, the Kings have allowed teams to score 118.3 points per 100 possessions. On Wednesday, when they played the Jazz, they gave up 154 points. It was their eighth time giving up at least 130 points this season.

The Lakers’ offense hasn’t exactly been fluid with LeBron James sidelined, but they should be able to score against the Kings. Defensively, it shouldn’t even be a contest. Basically, if the Lakers’ struggles continue against the Kings, then it might be time to give up on the prospect of them competing without James and just start waiting for him to come back.

The good news? At least it appears he will do so soon. Even if it’s unlikely to be in time to face the Kings.

Notes and Updates

- LeBron James will still be out for this one, as will Jared Dudley

- Alex Caruso is questionable with back spasms for the second game in a row

- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (right ankle sprain), Anthony Davis (right calf strain), Marc Gasol (volar plate fracture, left pinkie finger) and Dennis Schröder (left calf soreness) are all probable.

That injury report means we’ll likely get one more look at the Davis/Andre Drummond frontcourt sans James, a duo that both Davis himself and head coach Frank Vogel are excited about the potential of, despite the rough first returns.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/202 ... -for-error
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 63: 04/30/21 Queens at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:24 am

Which Western teams are injury-free and in a favorable position to make a serious run at the WCF? The Clippers? The Jazz? We as longtime Laker fans can never realistically picture either of these teams - nor any other Western threat - to make it to the Finals while we have a strong, championship-level squad. Destiny is in our hands, under our feet, in our coaching staff's minds and in our players' hearts. As sad as it would be to see us fall short of defending our WC title, the possibility of LeBron returning with just a few games left in this shortened regular season and leading his team into championship form is, let's be real, a longshot. Which, I guess, is more exciting and entertaining than dominating and rolling over weak teams.

Our playoffs have already begun.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:28 am

lakerevolution wrote:Which Western teams are injury-free and in a favorable position to make a serious run at the WCF? The Clippers? The Jazz? We as longtime Laker fans can never realistically picture either of these teams - nor any other Western threat - to make it to the Finals while we have a strong, championship-level squad. Destiny is in our hands, under our feet, in our coaching staff's minds and in our players' hearts. As sad as it would be to see us fall short of defending our WC title, the possibility of LeBron returning with just a few games left in this shortened regular season and leading his team into championship form is, let's be real, a longshot. Which, I guess, is more exciting and entertaining than dominating and rolling over weak teams.

Our playoffs have already begun.

62 scrimmages down, 10 to go. Hopefully LeBron can be with us for at least 8 of them. It's an interesting lid he's keeping on this.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:47 pm

The rumor was LeBron was coming back sometime early next week. I hope so because it will take him around 7 or 8 games to get the rust off and this team to get their rotations down again.

Assuming we are 100% healthy = LeBron and AD both back
-As far as other teams in the West. The only team that really scares me in the West continues to be the Jazz. They have a complete team, a great rim protector, and a superstar in Mitchell. They also are a team that rarely beats themselves. I am not sure what kind of HCA teams will have in the playoffs but we will even have to deal with playing in Utah the 1st 2 games of a series. The Suns are very good, CP3 has really sparked that team and Booker is an explosive player but they do not match up well against us. I don't see them being much of a threat. We should be able to take them out in 6. Regarding the Clippers, they are the same ol' Clippers until they prove me otherwise. They did nab Rondo from us and of course have superstars Leonard and George, but every year that franchise just seems jinxed come playoff time. They have had teams loaded with talent over the years and always lose in the 1st or 2nd round. George's resume over the years show's he is a superstar during the regular season but in the playoffs he has had some bad games at critical times. We should be able to take care of them in 6 as well. Just my takes.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:21 pm

They're saying Bron may try to come back tonight. He should at least suit up. I didn't make it by Staples last weekend (I was rolling with a Warrior/Giants fan :nocomment: ) but it's gonna take ALL of Laker Nation to bring our collective Jedi Force skills to "whill" these guys to the highest of heights. We've done it before. :LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:29 pm

Well, Bron could have won it for us, but Schroeder, KCP and Kuz really stunk it up. ONE SHOT from Kuz in 22 minutes?? Zero of TEN from 3 from KCP and Schroeder?? Come on, Frank. It's championship time. The other role players did well, but that was your ballgame. Too many no-name Queens in 20+ and 10+ figures. UGH :pullhair:

The last week before the playoffs is always ugly. Go Lakers.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat May 01, 2021 12:03 am

A game we should've won, we had a 10 point lead at one point. Our shooting did us in tonight, it was terrible from 3. Glad to see LeBron back though, that is huge. He will be 100% ready come playoffs.

As of now we still remain in the 5th spot, here's a look at the top 6,

1. Suns 45-18 - Suns beat Jazz tonight, have tiebreaker.
2. Jazz 45-18
3. Clippers 43-21
4. Nuggets 42-21
5. Lakers 36-27
6. Mavs 35-27
at #7 Blazers 35-28

-What is funny about the Jazz, they are just resting people and act like they don't care about the #1 seed, they will be the #2 seed at worse so they can do stuff like rest people, etc.. I still think they are our biggest threat in the West even if the Suns end up with the #1 seed.

As long we stay in the top 6 we avoid that playin crap. That is important, LeBron is back (AD looked good tonight) and we are a full game ahead of the Blazers. Lets finish strong and be healthy going into the playoffs.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk